• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO just isnt meant for me

33 posts in this topic

Posted

OP stated his/her opinion (you know, personal) in the fairest and most respectful way he could towards BDO. He or she isnt demanding anything and is literally blaming his/her own lifestyle and choices on a lot of the reason why BDO isnt for him. Respect. But he/she is right in almost every regard. the simple fix? We need a real pvp system for people who have only a certain tier of gear/character lvl. that way, people who play BDO ONLY for pvp such as myself, dont have to wait 4-6 months to just be RELEVANT in pvp. IDC who you are, any game needs to give EVERY kind of player (PvE, RPers, PvPers) SOMETHING that satisfies their intent to play the game, BEFORE endgameIf not, it is almost (i said ALMOST) false advertising. i say false advertising for lack of knowing the correct term; how about dangling a carrot in front of a horse for 2,000 miles... the catch being that it might not even be a good carrot. it may be rotten and filled with bugs who knows? but having to go through all the effort and hard work JUST to discover if the carrot is good or not. So should i be forced to spend 4+ months JUST to find out if this game is legitimately for me? That is almost literally the definition of a scam.

of course i also play a musa (explains a lot seeing as how its fk'd). but i do still try....and get 1 shotted left and right and and dont do shyt to other people, but even THAT beats mindless grinding for no reason. give me a grind where i can still pvp while im in the hardcore grinding stage of the game, and im happy as can be. but let me play the game for what i bought the game for.

That being said, im still going to keep pushing, even though it looks likely that i will be entirely bored of the game by the time i finally reach PvP

While I agree, an RBF or something similar that's gear score related based on tiers would be great for newer players to learn/practice/farm gems, it's that highlighted part that gave me a giggle.

They're a game provider and don't really owe any player anything; it's up to the players to research and choose their products carefully, and be able to pick what they spend their time on. This is a niche game, and there's a plethora of information, including multiple "should you play BDO 2k17" videos on the game, for prospective players to find out if the game is for them or not. It's completely up to the player to decide if that carrot is golden or rotten before they spend the 4+ months to get where they want to be, and if that means at the top of the list with the players who've been here for over a year working on their accounts? It'll have to be worked for just like they did, though honestly it's already been made much easier than the game was on release. 

That's the thing too; they're constantly releasing ease of life updates that have been making the game better over the past year. I like to think of it like Runescape, where when it first started out the grind was a -----, but they're already bringing it closer and closer to RS2. I keep my fingers crossed that they'll add a gear-tier based RBF too, but that'll probably come later when they've worked on improving multiple other aspects of the game. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I never got the whole let me go on forums and tell random people I quit. Unless you are well know and such in the game. But other then that why do it for o_O

Posted

I mean the game itself in graphics looks amazing and the combat is top notch fun + exciting.

I certainly love the node system this game has implanted, making various PVE aspects more unique compared to the other MMOs out there. The lifeskills themselves are somewhat casual and somewhat unique which is totaly okay and has made me enjoy the PVE aspect of the game.

I enjoy things such as taking my huge epheria sailboat and sail across the beautiful looking Margoria sea to do some expensive trading while casualy looking how my worker empire is doing or deciding to be one of those fishing addicts from time to time. Its all great in those aspects and has made me love the game a lot!

Yet there are some vital aspects of the game that simply stop me from progressing in the game any further to start enjoying and participate in the PvP system that is considered an enjoying endgame activity. For me PvP has allways been great in all of the MMOs ive played over the years.

Dont get me wrong, i could solve these issues for me that dont let me step into the world of PvP. To be more specific - grinding and gearing up.

Ive played many games over the years that require lots of grinding to progress into the PvP stage - MU online, lineage 2, Rohan bloodfeud, Tera, SRO and so on. The difference is that back then i was younger and i simply had a lot more time + energy to put my effort into this. But since ive gotten older there are many real life factors in my life which simply stop me from accomplishing the grinding task, from not enough energy due to work or simply personal life coming firsthand. Its not only that but its also that no matter how good the combat is the killing of thousands monsters a day has simply become mind numbingly boring to me. Looking back to my younger self im bit baffled how i have managed to grind in so many MMOs to gain those levels.

The other factor is getting the gear. Ive allways been okay with the requirements for obtaining a good gear are not that easy to achieve, meaning no spoon feeding to get your equipment, some reasonable amount of work and dedication is needed. Unfortunately i dont see a balance in this - the RNG factor to upgrade your gear is okay but the fact that your gear can downgrade or even break in the process, that doesnt show any balance at all especialy when you have put lots of time and effort into this game.

Maybe i have been pampered too much by the leveling and gear system GW2 has implanted into me, afterall i did enjoy many years there doing PvP mostly on small and massive scale before i came to BDO. But either way the system that game had worked for me so i never felt i was left behind when it came to PvP nor i had never had the feeling that balanced PvP in equal terms is out of my reach due to real life.

So its possible i was pampered but that system just suited me fine and i was happy with it. But shamefuly after years of playing it got a bit repetitive due to lack of content and the combat + graphics starting to look bit outdated compared to BDO.

Dont get me wrong, BDO is a wonderful game but the "asian culture" of the game which is grinding and RNG for progress just doesnt suit me. Im hoping for one day a combination of a new MMO to come out with BDO fighting, graphics + GW2 leveling + gearing system with PVE aspects shared from both of the games together. Basicaly waiting for a BDO with more "western culture".

Anyway it has been fun and somewhat dissapointing that i couldnt reach the PvP goals i have allways had in my mind since joining the game but thats that. Best of luck to you all and dont burn out too much!

You are looking at it a bit wrong though, no sane person can keep up with the constant grind and the costs it takes to rush gear. However, you can keep up with lifeskills/afk activities/semi afk activities which yield loads of money to get said gear. I get 300+ mill a week from 2 afk/semi afk activities, which is vastly less effort than me having to grind for said money. It's about being smart, seeing opportunities, and go for efficiency - that can save you lots of time and frustration. And everyone is in the same boat, so this so called rush is not there if you do things right. This game is a treat, and itll only get better in the longrun (aside from desync/fps lag). 

Posted

I never got the whole let me go on forums and tell random people I quit. Unless you are well know and such in the game. But other then that why do it for o_O

Maybe he is on other server... O_O

Posted

Im hoping for one day a combination of a new MMO to come out with BDO fighting, graphics + GW2 leveling + gearing system with PVE aspects shared from both of the games together. Basicaly waiting for a BDO with more "western culture".

I think that's pretty much inevitable since all MMO publishers generally just COPY what works and both GW2 and BDO clearly WORK and are clearly successful games on their own merits (even if I personally think Gw2 is a miserable shadow of its form Gw1 glory).  And actually the main reason is that MMO building Tools & Engines are finally getting more accessible and will soon be easier to optimized as well.  They might even start to include Voxel systems as a standard which could have really interesting effects on GVG or Faction VS Faction PVP.

But it won't happen within the next 5 years.  Anyone who's been MMORPG'ing as long as we have, knows that it's a really long winding path to finding that next game that can keep any of us (and more importantly, our entire Guild)  engrossed for more than a year

Not familiar with the concept of "Closure", are you?

Posted

I must admit as a new player I was really looking forward to endgame PVP up until I found out how important gear is in this game. I thought PVP was more about skill. I'll probably end up quitting if I don't figure something out but in the meantime I'll continue enjoying the game. Good bye OP.

Posted

another entitled kid. Nothing to see here

Posted (edited)

Not familiar with the concept of "Closure", are you?

Yeah when it comes to some games people they don't have any closure they always come back. Unless they really hate the game or developer with a passion. For me that's bioware stupid scrubs >.>

mdsR3Un.png

Other then that in my opinion most people that make forum post i quit. Just do it because they are salty or just want someone to agreed with them or vindicate there opinion.

Edited by Dalenos

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0