• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

EU Market

57 posts in this topic

Posted

lol, you are so wrong, 3h grinding i get 50 relics from silver, beat that with any valencia farming spot

have fun spending hours in front of the MP tryna snipe relics from a sold out market while i just grind a few pila fe's every hour and ALWAYS have plenty on the market and special deals to splurge on, not to mention Pila Fe is better Mem frag per scroll as well :^3

No really. keep grinding pirates, keeps the bottom feeders out of my spots.

Posted

have fun spending hours in front of the MP tryna snipe relics from a sold out market while i just grind a few pila fe's every hour and ALWAYS have plenty on the market and special deals to splurge on, not to mention Pila Fe is better Mem frag per scroll as well :^3

No really. keep grinding pirates, keeps the bottom feeders out of my spots.

100% trash comment, tell me how long does it take you to get 50 scrolls LUL

Posted (edited)

Even if he could get close to the amount of memory fragments from pilas that you could snipe for the money you make while he goes for pila scrolls...he still has no blackstones, becaue the amount of seals you get from pilas is just laughable. Much fun to have 500 mem frags, but not the armor stones to even get a 20 fs

Edited by Zycrus

Posted

You obviously have no idea how economics work... If there would be no fixed price, people who dont need it right away would sell it to nolifers for 10-100x the silver it costs now... Then others seeing it as easy income would go farm hexe/saunils/etc and start fishing instead of horse training/trading... If it was worth killing hours for those drops people would farm it... But since it isnt, we only get what we stumble upon and noone sells anything...

But to the point you mentioned.... This is IMO the biggest problem BDO has (beside shitty enchanting... but both are screwed RNG)... Drops are overall so shitty, that its more worth farming low level locations for a bit more silver and buying BiS items, than to actually try to drop them...

Thats NA gear... We are talking about EU market... :D

Why you switch to economics from market topic? Because you don't know how market in BDO works, nor you have any idea how BDO economics works. You seem to think  that your normal liberal market ideals apply to this game, but it does not in full capacity. If you think that instead of selling one black stone for 2.5 million instead of 250 thousand would solve the issue of supply, and that this would prevent nolifers from buying all of the items off the AH, you are wrong. The only difference your ideal change would make is add more 'zeroes' to the price of the items, which would mean that a nolifer will still buy the items through pre orders etc, and a casual player would have to play 10x more time to get very same item, or at least try to get it.
You just want to produce false impression(for obvious reasons), that letting market go own way as players want, will solve supply issues, but it wont and it wont help anyone in a long run. Because the issue is not in the price or the market, it is in the amount of supply of resources that game provides by itself.

Posted

Why you switch to economics from market topic? Because you don't know how market in BDO works, nor you have any idea how BDO economics works. You seem to think  that your normal liberal market ideals apply to this game, but it does not in full capacity. If you think that instead of selling one black stone for 2.5 million instead of 250 thousand would solve the issue of supply, and that this would prevent nolifers from buying all of the items off the AH, you are wrong. The only difference your ideal change would make is add more 'zeroes' to the price of the items, which would mean that a nolifer will still buy the items through pre orders etc, and a casual player would have to play 10x more time to get very same item, or at least try to get it.You just want to produce false impression(for obvious reasons), that letting market go own way as players want, will solve supply issues, but it wont and it wont help anyone in a long run. Because the issue is not in the price or the market, it is in the amount of supply of resources that game provides by itself.

You can apply economics to any markets, be it virtual or not. You only have to remember to apply the infinity of item and silvers in your equations.

Posted

If you think that instead of selling one black stone for 2.5 million instead of 250 thousand would solve the issue of supply, and that this would prevent nolifers from buying all of the items off the AH, you are wrong.

Actually he's not, increasing the value of an item will cause more people to go out and farm it which in turn would increase the supply whilst keeping the demand at the same level. It would solve the problem of there not being enough, but would cause a much large problem of preventing the average player from buying the items whislt also causing inflation by pumping more silver in the system.  

1 person likes this

Posted

whislt also causing inflation by pumping more silver in the system.  

Which is a problem we actually have, since prices aint growing as fast as our income... And people are still crying for Valencia buffs, or that lifeskills are getting nerfed and their income gets harder... Many people are already at a point where they have more silver than they can spend (beside tryin some crazy things like PEN lifeskill clothes for example)... So either increased droprate to push average gear higher, or increased prices to put us in line we were around mediah release are IMO currently the best options...

Though if they are neccessary is other thing, bcs with pace of expansion releases we probably get several new silver-sinks in weeks/months (T9 horses for example are already coming), which will eat part of that silver... Still it wont help newbies in any way (neither it will min-maxers)...

Posted

I'm quite sure we're all playing the same game and version.

the EU and the NA market is totally different.

Posted

100% trash comment, tell me how long does it take you to get 50 scrolls LUL

by the time you've grinded the money for your 50 relics, gone to the marketplace, lamented to your guildmates about the trials of getting relics from a sold out marketplace, settled in for the long haul of clicking bid, smashed your princess bubblegum figurine on the ground because 'bots keep sniping' relics from you or someone keeps posting a relic for less price just as 30 second bid phase was up, screamed at the PC when no one is putting relics on the MP for half an hour, relieved your carnal desires on a picture of Hillary Clinton while waiting for someone to put up relics on the MP, Failed an enchantment while waiting for relics, Made a post on the forums about how the enchantment system needs to git gud, FINALLY bought 50 relics, found a group and FINALLY actually finished your relics...

Ill have probably gathered and finshed 50 scrolls and gotten more memory fragments out of them than you.

but hey, no problem. You do you.

1 person likes this

Posted

You never have trouble with mem frags once you start grinding valencia

Ssssssshhhhh put your ego back in the box! 

Posted (edited)

by the time you've grinded the money for your 50 relics, gone to the marketplace, lamented to your guildmates about the trials of getting relics from a sold out marketplace, settled in for the long haul of clicking bid, smashed your princess bubblegum figurine on the ground because 'bots keep sniping' relics from you or someone keeps posting a relic for less price just as 30 second bid phase was up, screamed at the PC when no one is putting relics on the MP for half an hour, relieved your carnal desires on a picture of Hillary Clinton while waiting for someone to put up relics on the MP, Failed an enchantment while waiting for relics, Made a post on the forums about how the enchantment system needs to git gud, FINALLY bought 50 relics, found a group and FINALLY actually finished your relics...
Ill have probably gathered and finshed 50 scrolls and gotten more memory fragments out of them than you.

but hey, no problem. You do you.

so, you never done 50 scroll yourself, AYYY LMAO. You bs me that i cant buy relics form mp , AYYY LMAO². I never complained that i cant snipe relics (atm on EU are 3k relics). Besides "smashed your princess bubblegum figurine" relic is best mem/siler value (only positive about pila is the time value, yes nothing can beat that time) , maybe you math a little bit AYYY LMAO³ ? I dont know how you look for a group but in discord are enough ppl for pila AND relics, and thats my las AYYY LMAO. Get rekt, everything you said is just straight BS or simply *wrong* 

WRONG.jpg

Edited by Adonaj

Posted

Actually he's not, increasing the value of an item will cause more people to go out and farm it which in turn would increase the supply whilst keeping the demand at the same level. It would solve the problem of there not being enough, but would cause a much large problem of preventing the average player from buying the items whislt also causing inflation by pumping more silver in the system.  

And why is that a problem for you? I mean aren't you one of many here advocating that players should go out and farm their own stuff, instead of qq'ing and camping market like helpless kids?(something I partly agree about).

But how come that principle doesn't apply when it comes to so called "average players"? O.o

If enchantment items becomes to pricey for dirtpoor casuals, they can't farm relics or black stones themselves why?

Posted

And why is that a problem for you? I mean aren't you one of many here advocating that players should go out and farm their own stuff, instead of qq'ing and camping market like helpless kids?(something I partly agree about).

But how come that principle doesn't apply when it comes to so called "average players"? O.o

If enchantment items becomes to pricey for dirtpoor casuals, they can't farm relics or black stones themselves why?

-_-

You have a small head or what?

If one item goes up, every other items goes up, this is due to silver value decreasing.

Do note that the amount of silver by hour is fixed at every level (for same amount of grind).

So for a new player, nothing will be buyable, while an old player will be more and more rich, decreasing the silver value in the process. (Tis a cascading effect)

So soon, you'll need 1B for one log.

Sure, new player can go sell logs.

But note that's only the price of logs.

A piece of gear would be 1 quadrillion.

Good luck trying to get it only by getting logs.

See the problem here?

Posted

Quit talking about free market in a cheap (cost to get accsess) mmo. It cant work, bot would destroy economy. The mp we got is the best this game can have as a market. Ofc prices are mostly beyond retarded but you cant expect for devs work 8h a week (prolly more,cuz of reports in gaming indusry esp asian mmos, they just nolife on work and obv dont have time to look how it works out after a time) to know whether its running well or not. I can imagine mp is at the bottom priority.

And for a cmopany, i had a "how to keep a buisiness" lessons 4 years ago in university and there are simple strategies:

"min max strategy (lets call it that, dont remember too well)"

Basicly  you either max profit THEN try to spend less money OR you try to spend less money and then try to raise profits. Back then i was told doing both at the same time wount work out too well (exeptions ofc exist).

Posted

this is low tier gear, the amount of enhance mat to get this gear is not much at all compared to the average player base 

Can't speak on EU since I play NA but I doubt thats the average gear.

Posted

Usually this would fix itself by price skyrocketing and more people focusing on farming to earn easy money... But since we have fixed market, this is a problem, bcs we are at a point, where selling anything from the list aint worth it, and people will just rather stockpile it in a case they will ever need it, like every basic material/ingredient...

I had 5k blackstones stockpilled. It took 1 day to "melt" them. xD

2 people like this

Posted

-_-

You have a small head or what?

If one item goes up, every other items goes up, this is due to silver value decreasing.

Do note that the amount of silver by hour is fixed at every level (for same amount of grind).

So for a new player, nothing will be buyable, while an old player will be more and more rich, decreasing the silver value in the process. (Tis a cascading effect)

So soon, you'll need 1B for one log.

Sure, new player can go sell logs.

But note that's only the price of logs.

A piece of gear would be 1 quadrillion.

Good luck trying to get it only by getting logs.

See the problem here?

nope

1 log will never be 1 billion

it will be like 5000 or at most 10000 even if there's free trade

ur hourly grind income is pretty much capped at 10mil, so y do u even bother to grind if u can sell logs at 5000? go chop woods the income's better

Posted

If you want items like blackstones, then go farm for them if you can't buy them on the marketplace. There's a difference between telling people to go out and farm the items they need and raising the price of the item so that the vast majority of the population find it viable to farm these items to sell. 

Posted

nope

1 log will never be 1 billion

it will be like 5000 or at most 10000 even if there's free trade

ur hourly grind income is pretty much capped at 10mil, so y do u even bother to grind if u can sell logs at 5000? go chop woods the income's better

-_- You have no ideas, do ya?

In free trade, price is made by the demand and supply..

The request for ship (or any things made from logs for that matter) is unlimited. Tis a constant.

Since supply is made slowly by hand, but can be done infinitely, tis a function which tend to infinite.

So from that point on, you can establish that the supply of logs will always be lower than the demand for it.

And since silver is infinite....

{(Supply<<Demand);(SupplyPrice=(Demand*BasePrice*SilverTotalAmount)/Supply));(Supply=\infty);(Demand=\infty);(BasePrice=n);(SilverTotalAmount=\infty)}=

SupplyPrice-->\infty

Posted

-_- You have no ideas, do ya?

In free trade, price is made by the demand and supply..

The request for ship (or any things made from logs for that matter) is unlimited. Tis a constant.

Since supply is made slowly by hand, but can be done infinitely, tis a function which tend to infinite.

So from that point on, you can establish that the supply of logs will always be lower than the demand for it.

And since silver is infinite....

{(Supply<<Demand);(SupplyPrice=(Demand*BasePrice*SilverTotalAmount)/Supply));(Supply=\infty);(Demand=\infty);(BasePrice=n);(SilverTotalAmount=\infty)}=

SupplyPrice-->\infty

if u can get more silver by chopping wood then who the F would ever grind then?

Posted

leave him, he was raised too close to Chernobyl. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Because the price of logs will be forever inferior to the price of rare item.

If logs rarity coef is 1 in 3, a rare item rarity coef is 1 in 100.

So logs price << rare item price at all time.

leave him, he was raised too close to Chernobyl. 

If you don't have any good argument, instead of insulting, keep silent.

Posted

If you don't have any good argument, instead of insulting, keep silent.

Logs would never get to 1b. It's literally impossible unless they rework basically the whole game:

1. Nobody would buy it.

2. Lifeskills with "fixed" income won't buy the mats (ie. trading, fishing)

Posted

Simply put... If everyone starts chopping wood, why would anyone buy it and where would he get silver for it? These things tends to balance itself... (if it wasnt for -----ing bots or no-lifers playing the market 24/7... Hence why fixed market is neccessary... But it needs better pricing...)

Posted

Logs would never get to 1b. It's literally impossible unless they rework basically the whole game:

1. Nobody would buy it.

2. Lifeskills with "fixed" income won't buy the mats (ie. trading, fishing)

1. Since silver is infinite, value of silver is null, no amount of silver makes it too much

2. Things that break do need to be recreated, so amount of things to make is infinite, so demand is still infinite. Would you gather 600k logs alone, or would buy part of it if you could?