• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why did they nerf musa in the first place?

55 posts in this topic

Posted

I remember that this class was really good when its awakening came out in KR. So what the heck happened??? the class doesn't even do sh*t anymore. it's beyond broke. We had more nerf than all other classes and never a buff. And I feel so sad when other classes I asking for more buffs. It's so sick. I finally have to face the fact that musa is trash no matter what your gear is. I was willing to adapt to the class and work around all the disadvantage because I actually like it. And I believe many people who play musa feel the same. So why?

Posted

when musa awakening was released in KR, we were the most broken class in the game dude. We had iframe chase, with no stamina cost, CrustCrusher has SA
Tiger Blade was able to be used in awakening which basically gave us 30seconds of SA without having to do Cross Cut, and we could still use our 100bsr buff and the 
E buff to become gods of the battlefield for 30 seconds. 1v5 was a joke for us since we would delete warriors and valks in seconds of the duel starting.

We needed a lot of nerfs, BUT. They did go to far. They changed Crust Crusher to Frontal guard and the timing of the SA in BTB to accomidate to using TigerBlade in Awakening.

Then they changed our chase for the same reason, to where it was iframe every 3 seconds. Then they made it take stamina and finally removed the ability to use Tiger Blade in awakening but forgot that all the other nerfs were because of it. So now we are a shell of what we were but not where we should have been in the first place.

Stick with it though, we are getting out chase back so things are at least starting to go in the right direction. One day I hope that our attacks just get a bit more protection and we will be where we should have been in the beginning.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

yeah man I hope we get better, but you know that when they were nerfing us they were buffing the other classes, right? that was what broke the balance.

Edited by TheHaker

Posted

Stick with it though, we are getting out chase back so things are at least starting to go in the right direction. One day I hope that our attacks just get a bit more protection and we will be where we should have been in the beginning.

what do u mean with getting out chase back? 

Posted

sad part is I never tasted how op musa was when its awakening came out in KR

Posted

Tiger blade is useless and should be looked upon though. The end animation is bad, cooldown huge for such an useless skill.

Posted

With how crazy strong DKs, witch and wizard are, if musa were to get back all those abilities it had before, it might not be as broken, maybe even balanced (compared to three I mentioned). 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Did they nerf him prematurely!?

Also looking at other classes, they could add in more substanability.. Like Nem slash won't cut imo.

Edited by Dreamforger

Posted

With how crazy strong DKs, witch and wizard are, if musa were to get back all those abilities it had before, it might not be as broken, maybe even balanced (compared to three I mentioned). 

if we do get those abilities back, it puts us on the same survivability rate of wiz/witch, tiger blade would basically be a 30 non sa protected area, and out dash could be compared to dk's movement skills.

Posted

I agree

if we do get those abilities back, it puts us on the same survivability rate of wiz/witch, tiger blade would basically be a 30 non sa protected area, and out dash could be compared to dk's movement skills.

everyone should stop saying that we will be broken when we get those abilities back; there are a lot of broken class already. I don't even think we were broken when we first have our abilities. other players didn't know how to play against us; since we just came out fresh. 

Posted

I agree

everyone should stop saying that we will be broken when we get those abilities back; there are a lot of broken class already. I don't even think we were broken when we first have our abilities. other players didn't know how to play against us; since we just came out fresh. 

not saying we'd be OP lol, just saying we'd be on par with some of the top classes in terms of movement and survivability. give us grab with no wp no stam 100% iframe no cd dash, that would be OP.

Posted

We are number 1 class when it comes to mobility bro.

Posted

Not anymore, DK has much more mobility and no limits to it, we're tied to stamina and it runs out really fast because of our retarded block mechanics and dash being a stamina sink. Also now many classes have high mobility: tamer, ranger, warrior, ninja, valk.. Some have burst mobility others simply have endless mobility but we're not top anymore.

Posted

mobility or speed? think again fam

1 person likes this

Posted

mobility or speed? think again fam

We aren't even number 1 in speed, and we would need to take into consideration distance, in distance, yes we are the fastest until our stamina depletes. Because a wizz, can TP 2-3 times and he will reach a certain distance 3x times faster than us..so not even in speed we are number 1 anymore...

I mean, just try to chase the moment a wizz Tp away, you will be mid way and he has already healed and casting the next spell

Posted

Don't you chase half way then stub them to stop the healing?

We aren't even number 1 in speed, and we would need to take into consideration distance, in distance, yes we are the fastest until our stamina depletes. Because a wizz, can TP 2-3 times and he will reach a certain distance 3x times faster than us..so not even in speed we are number 1 anymore...

I mean, just try to chase the moment a wizz Tp away, you will be mid way and he has already healed and casting the next spell

Posted

Don't you chase half way then stub them to stop the healing?

Yeah, but still never works, their heal has FG or SA

Posted

Wiz/witch heals have neither SA or FG.

Posted (edited)

Wiz/witch heals have neither SA or FG.

That's when they use the staff, they got some new shit that has a FG. I also record most of my fights, and trust me i watched in slow motion as i hit a twister on his heal and i had the "block" message pop up.

Edited by SinisterSaints

Posted

Then you swing into the lingering portion of another FG skill. There is NO heal with FG. At best, they dropped protected area then heal up. But thats not even a block.

Sure you werent seeing your own block message? Maybe you blocked a hit from his pool/pet during twister.

Posted

Then you swing into the lingering portion of another FG skill. There is NO heal with FG. At best, they dropped protected area then heal up. But thats not even a block.

Sure you werent seeing your own block message? Maybe you blocked a hit from his pool/pet during twister.

My own block messages are red, not white

Posted

Yeah, but still never works, their heal has FG or SA

i've noticed this as well, but its not a block all the time, sometimes my twister or fiery angel works, other times it does come as block..

Posted

i've noticed this as well, but its not a block all the time, sometimes my twister or fiery angel works, other times it does come as block..

Idk, i pretty much took the habit to shoot as they heal, but always 2 things happen: 1) they block it 2) they're out of arrow's range. Meh

Posted

Afaik they can cancel out of the heal with some quickslot, could be that

Posted

lol, i run 5 movement speed and I haven't met a wiz or witch i can't catch after the TP; before they even think of healing I btb them. well if you are not fast than all the class in the game then you are not playing musa right. also mobility is not the strong point of musa, speed is.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0