• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Valk shield against 190ap wizard.

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I tested Valkyie's shield against a 190ap wizard, come to your own conclusions. I have 313DP. I will post gearsheets and gifs below.

Personally I feel my shield is still manageable in PVP but I see some pretty crazy claims here on the forum about it being absolute paper, and we all know even at 190AP the wizard ult is no joke.

My gear - 

Level - 58

51b6817e-a5b2-4a37-86fe-9606c46fef035TpAuZE.png

Wizard Gear -

2017-04-29_976879852.JPG

First test - 25% damage

giphy.gif

2nd test 100% black spirit - damage = 50%

giphy.gif

4 people like this

Posted

1v1 the shield isnt that big of a deal. it's in sieges where u now have 15+ people all at the same time, your shield gets destroyed in .5 seconds

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1v1 the shield isnt that big of a deal. it's in sieges where u now have 15+ people all at the same time, your shield gets destroyed in .5 seconds

If you've got 15 people at the same time hitting your shield it SHOULD break instantly, unless you are stacking 400+ DP.

Edited by FreshMango55
2 people like this

Posted

If you've got 15 people at the same time hitting your shield it SHOULD break instantly, unless you are stacking 400+ DP.

no it shouldnt because valk is intented to be THE front line class. You cant be a front line class when your only defense is gone in LITERALLY under a second.

1 person likes this

Posted

no it shouldnt because valk is intented to be THE front line class. You cant be a front line class when your only defense is gone in LITERALLY under a second.

Now you have to make a difference between, what the Valk is intended to be and what it is. The shield was braking instantly vs several evenmys even before bug.

Honestly i`m not sure that our shield is still bugged. I did serveral PVP's and seems fine.

My real test will be vs Mudster - prebug Mudster ult was bringing my shield ~40% after bug it brakes it and deals dmg to me.

I`ll try to attend on next Mudster and test it to be sure.

Posted

If you want to be an impenetrable wall stack DP, you can't stack AP and expect to facetank 15 people without your shield breaking that just makes no sense.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you want to be an impenetrable wall stack DP, you can't stack AP and expect to facetank 15 people without your shield breaking that just makes no sense.

my 390dp build vs my 293dp build in node wars have minimal difference when it comes to holding block on a front line. They both break in under a second since the bug was introduced. I used to be able to stand a good 4-5 seconds on the front line with no issues even against 30+ people.

And honestly? your opinion on the subject doesn't mean anything. You're just spewing uneducated BS with no basis in reality.

No other version of BDO has this bug, it IS a bug, and it IS INTENDED for valks shield to be 2-3x stronger than what it currently is in the NA/EU version. Valks do not have the SA or Frontal block skills that other classes have because of our shield being as strong as it is. Having our shield now be the weakest in the game is GAMEBREAKING for the class which is already at a disadvantage even under the best circumstances in large scale.

Period. 
end of story.
Good day sir.

*edit*

You know what else? YOu have a lot more evasion in your build than he does accuracy, you have a full buff bar and he has no buffs. (misses, which clearly he is missing quite a lot, doesn't lower your shield durability)

Your test is BS, this whole post is BS, and you should go back to your troll cave.

Edited by xcandykitten
1 person likes this

Posted

I am sure you can see the balance issues if 1 class can stand and shield tank 15+ people.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am sure you can see the balance issues if 1 class can stand and shield tank 15+ people.

nuh thats a bhug

Posted (edited)

please tell me what else a TANK is supposed to do? cause we have the least super armors, no real frontal block skills, and no aoe damage either. so we sit and tank front lines or peel for witchards. wooo smart.
That's actual real balance, gj for noticing.

also you can't tank 15+ ppl for LONG, but long enough be a front line, now trying to use block for anything is an instant death sentance because it breaks so fast and then you're get stuck in an animation lock and die.

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted (edited)

please tell me what else a TANK is supposed to do? cause we have the least super armors, no real frontal block skills, and no aoe damage either. so we sit and tank front lines or peel for witchards. wooo smart.That's actual real balance, gj for noticing.

out of all your main skills, only castigatio has no protection, the others are super armour and frontal guard......... and you say least super armour..... i count 5 skills with super amour in your awakening..... i can assure you thats not the least, then theres your unprotected skills which can be done from the safety of block.... and you have so many aoe skill as well

Edited by Valient
1 person likes this

Posted

please tell me what else a TANK is supposed to do?

ok tanks are not supposed to onecombo enemys, tanks are not supposed to have a oneshot ultimate with AOE, tanks are supposed to tank and support.

I mean look at Warrior, he is... oh wait 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

out of all your main skills, only castigatio has no protection, the others are super armour and frontal guard......... and you say least super armour..... i count 5 skills with super amour in your awakening..... i can assure you thats not the least, then theres your unprotected skills which can be done from the safety of block.... and you have so many aoe skill as well

CS (no SA) -> prompt (SA short frame time, just with the explosion) -> cast (no SA, longest frame time coz its x3) -> hast (SA only when dashing, not when stabbing, so short frame time) -> blitz stab (no SA) -> sanctitas de enslar (SA short frame time while marking, iframe when jumping short frame time)

Dash with frontal block once every 3secs. Purificatione useful only as a non-istant opening for the stun every 9s, not a spammable frontal block skill.

Grab without SA, buffs without SA, breath of elion without SA, Wave of light without SA. Everything else is situational, risky and static so vulnerable to grabs (that's why they slightly increased animation times of terra sancta and verdict) or simply off set

Compare it to other "front-liners" melees' combos (looking at the real gameplay, not BDO database) or safety while moving.

Edited by Jave

Posted

CS (no SA) -> prompt (SA short frame time, just with the explosion) -> cast (no SA, longest frame time coz its x3) -> hast (SA only when dashing, not when stabbing, so short frame time) -> blitz stab (no SA) -> sanctitas de enslar (SA short frame time while marking, iframe when jumping short frame time)

Dash with frontal block once every 3secs. Purificatione useful only as a non-istant opening for the stun every 9s, not a spammable frontal block skill.

Grab without SA, buffs without SA, breath of elion without SA, Wave of light without SA. Everything else is situational, risky and static so vulnerable to grabs (that's why they slightly increased animation times of terra sancta and verdict) or simply off set

Compare it to other "front-liners" melees' combos (looking at the real gameplay, not BDO database) or safety while moving.

why would you start off with celestial spear? if its for the buffs then the no sa applies for other classes who get buffs from non awakening skills.

grab without sa is the norm, only wiz zerk and ninja get sa, but the floating on the your grab should be at least buffed to a bound.

spammable frontal block is if i remember correctly only applicable to sorc with their dark flame cancel.

wiz/witch heal is also without SA.

i've played with a warrior on the front lines, literally what i did most of the time was slashing the dead and grave digging and a reckless blow would be in there too (not 59 yet) maybe a 100% solar flare could be thrown in too, but the rest of the skills would get me killed including doing a grab.

there are also zerkers who have it much much easier with all their super armour on grabs and attack skills as well as all their heals.

then tehres musa, i get 2 skills and 1 flow to do in mass pvp, then i have to run, that does not do much dmg at all, and my hard hitting frontal guard skill has a longer animation than your lancia iustitiae, basically asking to get grabbed or cced from behind 100% of the time....

1 person likes this

Posted

Personally I feel my shield is still manageable in PVP 

Hahahahaha, yea go into RBF let's see how long your shield lasts.

Posted (edited)

BDOValkBlock.jpg

Thats imo not the case...

Edited by Gyoza
1 person likes this

Posted

ok tanks are not supposed to  one combo enemys

WRONG!! a tank can 1 combo enemies if skills are timed correctly. If you think a tank role is to simply front line and provide support to your team you never played a tank role to it's full extend. 

Posted

BDOValkBlock.jpg

Thats imo not the case...

I have tested this in RBF, works as advertised. 

Posted

I have tested this in RBF, works as advertised. 

nope it doesnt And rbf isnt the right Place to test it

1 person likes this

Posted

Shield is still bugged 100% confirming after tested on Mudster.

1 person likes this

Posted

WRONG!! a tank can 1 combo enemies if skills are timed correctly. If you think a tank role is to simply front line and provide support to your team you never played a tank role to it's full extend. 

diamond rank Tank support player. if my Tank is onecomboing my enemys, i know im plaing a shetgame

Posted

diamond rank Tank support player. if my Tank is onecomboing my enemys, i know im plaing a shetgame

then why are u here low ranker 

Posted

please tell me what else a TANK is supposed to do? cause we have the least super armors, no real frontal block skills, and no aoe damage either. so we sit and tank front lines or peel for witchards. wooo smart.That's actual real balance, gj for noticing.

also you can't tank 15+ ppl for LONG, but long enough be a front line, now trying to use block for anything is an instant death sentance because it breaks so fast and then you're get stuck in an animation lock and die.

Well a tank class should do very little dmg to any other non tank class but in this game ( before the bug // nerf ) a valk could sit in block and one shot ppl around with the right gear so please dont consider valk as just a tank cuz if u play it as tank u clearly dont know how to play.. 

1 person likes this

Posted

my 390dp build vs my 293dp build in node wars have minimal difference when it comes to holding block on a front line. They both break in under a second since the bug was introduced. I used to be able to stand a good 4-5 seconds on the front line with no issues even against 30+ people.
And honestly? your opinion on the subject doesn't mean anything. You're just spewing uneducated BS with no basis in reality.

No other version of BDO has this bug, it IS a bug, and it IS INTENDED for valks shield to be 2-3x stronger than what it currently is in the NA/EU version. Valks do not have the SA or Frontal block skills that other classes have because of our shield being as strong as it is. Having our shield now be the weakest in the game is GAMEBREAKING for the class which is already at a disadvantage even under the best circumstances in large scale.

Period. 
end of story.
Good day sir.

*edit*

You know what else? YOu have a lot more evasion in your build than he does accuracy, you have a full buff bar and he has no buffs. (misses, which clearly he is missing quite a lot, doesn't lower your shield durability)

Your test is BS, this whole post is BS, and you should go back to your troll cave.

I don't really much care if you think your opinion is somehow more valid than anyone elses, my personal experiences vastly differ to yours which puts me at a different perspective to you. Please in the future take the time to understand there other people in this world have different opinions and they are in no way more or less valid than your own.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd be okay with tanks not killing in 1 combo enemies when and only when enemies won't kill tanks in 1 combo as well.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0