• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How long does it take to get GS at least 450?

74 posts in this topic

Posted

As a straight out of the box, noob my level 53 has a GS of 400. If I had played the traditional game of focusing on one character, one class I'd have a 500+ GS after 3 months. Instead I split resources up and put Pri weapons on 6 classes.
Considering the bulk of my gear score was the result patiently waiting for log in rewards, the 3 month marker would be the longest it would take you. Based on what I am seeing, it will take another 3 months to get that to over 600. Forcing Tri taking as much in hard and sharp as Pri and Duo. Accessories are pure RnG and buying them relies on an unhealthy market board marathon game I don't see being an option for most people. Even mitigating RnG with fail stacks assumes you aren't using your black stones for other gear and can throw them in to reblath in the hundreds. tl:dr, Accessories will gridlock you.

Just nope. A single TET item is way harder to get than 6 PRIs. So unless youre extremely lucky you wont have a GS of 500+ after 3 months.

Also, seems like most people in this thread are either bullshitting or blessed by RNGesus without even realizing it.

5 people like this

Posted

1 month if you play it at least 8hrs a day, and know what you're doing. 
2 months if you're a bit more casual, and are learning. 
3 months max if RNG hates you. 

Pfft, if RNG hates you, you're gonna have a bad time

Y0UJC.png

Seriously though, depends on what you focus on. Life skilling in general, grinding, a mix of both or just gathering (and/or gardening) or gathering (and/or gardening) + grinding tbh. Last one should give you the most shards possible while giving you the most silver possible as well without having to setup a lot of stuff. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Class? Some classes grind slower than others,My neighbor recently bought a fresh account and went from 0 to 59 and gs 480 within a month,I think 450 in a month is reasonable.

bull -----ing shit

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"unlucky accounts." What??

It's a bit of a misnomer I guess.  ...  For me it just meant I spent my first 9 months consistently behind the 8-ball on RNG. Typically going over 30 FS just trying to get normal pleb gear to +12 & +13. No Blue grade accessories ever dropping.  NEVER getting even a liverto to drop either despite doing world bosses constantly.   ...then one day... Tree armor pops followed by 2 M.O.S. all in the same day.  ... then a month later, Bhegs & Muskans pop.  And then this past month finally got a Liverto and then a Kzarka box decides to just drop too just for the hell of it ... all after I decided to just play super Casually.  ..Gear's been going DUO pretty consistently too with little effort / barely any Conc's.  

It's not some mystical force either,  Probability without proper streak breaker code built in just HAS the potential to take a LootDrop-Table where an item has a 3% chance of dropping for you where in you're not supposed to get it till the 97'th drop, yet somehow going around in a complete circle to where you didn't even get it after the 194'th drop and even going so far as to stiffing you on the 291st drop.  That is literally how the MATH can work out and for some accounts, it's inevitable because their Enumerated location in the Database is in some kind of blind-spot for the RNG seed to land on their sweet spot.  But over time as the order around them changes, it can land them in the really lucky Seeding location instead

Edited by iller

Posted

450gs in a month? 

Idk about that.. Itll take a two weeks just getting your head around the game and a month in itself setting up your empire 

then theres the learning and playing of different classes to find your favorite. 

Unless you have somone holding your hand the entire time who knows what to do themselves, 1 month is way off the mark 

1 person likes this

Posted

Just nope. A single TET item is way harder to get than 6 PRIs. So unless youre extremely lucky you wont have a GS of 500+ after 3 months.

Also, seems like most people in this thread are either bullshitting or blessed by RNGesus without even realizing it.

In order to get my current Gear score to 500+ I need a duo Awakened putting me well over 500. The reason it sits at 400 is I am only 53 and have no awakened weapon.

Posted

Here's a more realistic situation: What if you're

- Starting fresh from scratch with a brand new account so there's no twinking or transferring silver/equips to your new toon

- Play 1-2 hrs per day for 4-5 days a week due to work, school, and family

- Average good/bad luck rng streaks

How long will it take to hit 60 with 450+ gs boss gear?

Posted (edited)

How long will it take to hit 60

Well that's more up to Kakao raising the XP-SoftCap first so that you're not fighting a massive XP penalty starting right at 56 that goes up exponentially every level after.. otherwise you're NOT hitting 60 with so few hours invested each week.   

Edited by iller

Posted

In order to get my current Gear score to 500+ I need a duo Awakened putting me well over 500. The reason it sits at 400 is I am only 53 and have no awakened weapon.

I think you are confused on how the gear score number is calculated. You don't add all 3 together. It's just either mainhand and offhand, or awakened and offhand. 

Posted

- Starting fresh from scratch with a brand new account so there's no twinking or transferring silver/equips to your new toon

If you are playing just 1-2h/day for 5d/week you might play for a year & never reach Lv60 nor 450+ gs lol... there is people who play 8-12h/day & achieve that after 4-6 months you can guess how much time will take a casual pleb to do the same, don't forget that gear up is an RNG matter also, if you are not lucky during enhancing that can cost you greatly both in lost time & money.

Posted

It depends on your luck. I had a hard time getting it even after grinding for hours.... still dont have it. My main is 418 blew up 2 accessories didnt have back ups, now I rerolled wizard ;/

Posted

I think you are confused on how the gear score number is calculated. You don't add all 3 together. It's just either mainhand and offhand, or awakened and offhand. 

And depending on who you ask there is some magical formula that adds accuracy and other invisible stats. No matter how you calculate it, one of our points are on the same page. You don't get it in 3 months without RnG horseshoes flying out of your ass, Current soft caps make Tet and Pen vaporware gear. Full Tri is the reachable goal with 2 sets of base accessories. An AP set and a DP set. Gear score is something players made up. It doesn't reflect the ability to do content.

Posted (edited)

everybody say 1-3 months, lol no wonder why yall kept complaining you can't progress in this game. lower your expectation to like 3-12 months.

maybe 1 month if u add all 3 numbers lol, even then im not so sure if thats even possible.

because 450 is around 5b in terms of silver, and unless u ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING setup, it would still take u at least 1 and 2/3 of months.

Edited by GamePois0n
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

People don't count awakening when talking about GS (aka Gear score) actually. If they mention 500 gs, it's without counting in the awakening weapon (full TET gear, TRI-TET weapon + offhand, PRI-DUO accessories for example)

60 with boss gear? :') Good luck xD 3-4 months of good RNG at least. Presuming you want it above +5-7 

Please note that over a YEAR after it's release, most players are still below 60 :D 

Edited by aidlac

Posted (edited)

Tell your neighbor to go outside sometimes. This thing, called the Sun, it's pretty nice.......
Oh, and another thing called Air & Wind... pretty nice things too.....

Birds singing is like the frosting on top of it all.

he games on his porch on his laptop rofl. Already outside. 

The people in this topic that says 1-2 months do not have a job/school or any kind of social life.

For reference, my just over 450 GS character (only bheg and dande boss gear) would require an income of 85,9 million per day, if you were to buy everything in 30 days. In reality, few people manage to buy accs of marketplace since their true cost is much, much higher, which means high preorders, easily pushing the average daily income during those 30 days (with a fresh account = no node empire) to over 100 million a day.

Plenty of us have a job/normal life. It's not about no lifing it. It's about making ROI via time management.,Also didn't know you could only buy gear.. Guess i've gotten all my boss gear the wrong way.. Free via bosses.

everybody say 1-3 months, lol no wonder why yall kept complaining you can't progress in this game. lower your expectation to like 3-12 months.

maybe 1 month if u add all 3 numbers lol, even then im not so sure if thats even possible.

because 450 is around 5b in terms of silver, and unless u ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING setup, it would still take u at least 1 and 2/3 of months.

450 is not 5b

453 gs for instance

Used one of the most common classes (warrior)

Tri ultimate vangertz 148m
Tri ultimate merc sword 298
Tri Liverto Longsword 295
Duo MOS 85m
Duo MOS 85m
duo witch 106m
duo witch 106m
duo tree 275m
Schulz neck 109m
tri ultimate grunil helm 89m
tri ultimate grunil armor 89m
tri ultimate grunil gloves 89m
tri ultimate grunil shoes 89m
Total 1.9b (i even rounded up from 1.863)
Current market prices for 453 gs and i didn't even go the cheapest route and cheat with red corals.
i could of also cheated with a cheaper class. Like ninja. Where tet offhand is like 300m rofl.
Sources sources. Facts facts. Stick to those.

All prices taken from market at this very moment. That's 3gs over what you mentioned and not even half of the price you said.
Do facts not matter? Seems like it when i see your posts on the forum poison.

Planner link  for gs confirm.

Off to bed i go ciao

Edited by Freeway

Posted (edited)

You can legitimately get 450 GS in 2 months 95% afk.

My old guild Serenity had 2 guys who put together a pretty detailed guide on how to do it. Basically the premise is you start of cooking a bunch of beer or Essence of liquor for the CP turn ins, get to 250 CP, have workers everywhere, and afk process constantly and sell those good on MP. Without master 2 its completely doable.

Add in active grinding to that, and you drastically shorten the time.

I don't feel bad for the shameless promotion of the guild here as im no longer in it, but if youre interested, contact <Serenity> members in game or ‌look up their recruitment on this forum and they can help you out.

Edited by LeWaffles

Posted

As someone with school and a full time job, only really able to get in time on the weekends, it took me at least 6-8 months to get 450+GS. I suggest you use your afk time very wisely, like fishing for relics. If you can snag a T6 with sprint and instant accel off the market, that should hold you over til later so you can breed for a T7/8 (if you care about having a fast horse).

Posted

As a Beginner,

How long does it take to get GS at least 450?

it took everyone else a year, as a new player probably 3 months

Posted

Plenty of us have a job/normal life. It's not about no lifing it. It's about making ROI via time management.,Also didn't know you could only buy gear.. Guess i've gotten all my boss gear the wrong way.. Free via bosses.

450 is not 5b
453 gs for instance

Duo MOS 85m
Duo MOS 85m
duo witch 106m
duo witch 106m
duo tree 275m
Schulz neck 109m
Current market prices for 453 gs and i didn't even go the cheapest route and cheat with red corals.
i could of also cheated with a cheaper class. Like ninja. Where tet offhand is like 300m rofl.

All prices taken from market at this very moment. That's 3gs over what you mentioned and not even half of the price you said.

Off to bed i go ciao

First, counting mh+dp instead of awak+dp is just misleading, since most classes spend most of their time in awak stance. So the gear you showed there amounts to 447 when comparing actual in-game performance. The most realistic way to up your awak ap starting from the gear you listed, would be a dande at tri+. Also, there's no point to waste money and precious shards (which will be a bottleneck) on a liverto if you get a kzarka, which will add more more $$$ to your calculations.

Secondly, if you want to actually hit something in pvp (esp against people with muskans, i.e. most that do pvp), bhegs is going to be mandatory unless you're a witchzard with crazy +acc modifiers. Even more so at ~450 gs, when you dont have the raw AP to overcome the loss of missing a few hits.

Thirdly, most classes at that gear score would also do well to get one/two tri RCE's, since it's most beneficial when you're up against full boss people.

And lastly, I understand that you picked warrior as example since it's a class that dont even have a full ap offhand besides nouver. If we instead based the example on say a ranger, sorc, witchzard, musa/maehwa, you would use an offhand that at tri gives less total gearscore points (checking marketplace right now, tri jubre gives 35 gs instead of 38 (and 3 extra gs at those levels is a few extra 100's, on top of everything mentioned in the previous posts).

But fine, if being 450 gs and not being able to hit anything is what we're going after, then by all means, your example is perfect. It wouldn't be a character I would accept into my pvp guild if I had a 450+ gs requirement (since that player obviously doesn't understand the game), but since we're just talking numbers, that doesn't matter, right?

Posted

Here is a poll posted last September, the game was 6 months old, here is what the average gear score was then

Things have got a bit easier to get higher gear since then but you get the picture.

Posted

Depens on

1. how much you intend to play actively daily
2. How long you can leave your system on
3. What you mean by 450GS
4. the class you play
5. RNG
Investing 2-3 hours daily while leaving the system on atleast over night, 2-3 months for a mix of boss gear essentials and non boss following the average lifeskill/grinding guide.

lessen either factor and the time taken increases exponentially.

dont play actively daily. gonna take a year

dont leave yer system on at night. year itll take

Wingin it tryna figure shit out as ye go. prolly a year.

Posted

450 is not 5b
453 gs for instance

Duo MOS 85m
Duo MOS 85m
duo witch 106m
duo witch 106m
duo tree 275m
Schulz neck 109m

Off to bed i go ciao

i wasnt reference to junk gear, why would you run junk set that you eventually have to ditch. it just adds up the total cost for the actual 450 in the long run.

1 person likes this

Posted

some ppl here think that GS = Ap + Awap + Dp

Posted

2 hours per day playing takes for me  190   249  aout   half year

Posted (edited)

1.First, counting mh+dp instead of awak+dp is just misleading, since most classes spend most of their time in awak stance. So the gear you showed there amounts to 447 when comparing actual in-game performance. The most realistic way to up your awak ap starting from the gear you listed, would be a dande at tri+. Also, there's no point to waste money and precious shards (which will be a bottleneck) on a liverto if you get a kzarka, which will add more more $$$ to your calculations.

Secondly, if you want to actually hit something in pvp (esp against people with muskans, i.e. most that do pvp), bhegs is going to be mandatory unless you're a witchzard with crazy +acc modifiers. Even more so at ~450 gs, when you dont have the raw AP to overcome the loss of missing a few hits.

Thirdly, most classes at that gear score would also do well to get one/two tri RCE's, since it's most beneficial when you're up against full boss people.

2.And lastly, I understand that you picked warrior as example since it's a class that dont even have a full ap offhand besides nouver. If we instead based the example on say a ranger, sorc, witchzard, musa/maehwa, you would use an offhand that at tri gives less total gearscore points (checking marketplace right now, tri jubre gives 35 gs instead of 38 (and 3 extra gs at those levels is a few extra 100's, on top of everything mentioned in the previous posts).

3.But fine, if being 450 gs and not being able to hit anything is what we're going after, then by all means, your example is perfect. It wouldn't be a character I would accept into my pvp guild if I had a 450+ gs requirement (since that player obviously doesn't understand the game), but since we're just talking numbers, that doesn't matter, right?

1.False statement. i can make a list of any class and it come out as the same example=no where near 5b,also ooh woopidy doo,just throw on a tri mos or tri witch and you are at 450,hell upgrade a necklace,a belt,you don't need a dande,nothing you said made any sense. That you need DANDE to upgrade 3 ap,when literally every other option there is cheaper rofl

2. You do realise ultimate krea dagger tri is the same right? just as an example
http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10331/#18 Ultimate krea dagger
http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10109/#18 Ultimate vangertz,

Many other classes have the same,Both same gs or higher than vangertz,so trust me,class had nothing to do with
Any other lies i need to disprove with facts and sources?

3. How do you know this is even a pvper? Ever thought they are wanting to get gear to get into a specific guild? Is the guild even pvp? or pve for upcoming kami,Making assumptions based off 0 fact pattern.

i wasnt reference to junk gear, why would you run junk set that you eventually have to ditch. it just adds up the total cost for the actual 450 in the long run.

Op never asked for all BIS boss gear or even pvp gear for that matter,he/she asked for 450 gs cute try tho,everyone has to start somewhere,yeah i guess he should just start off with straight boss gear and avoid all slots being filled with gear.Sounds really logical ,Why ever start with something you have to ditch eventually right? Guys don't start lvl 1 with a lvl 1 wep,Wait in town on a new account,dont level, Just wait for trading to be enabled so you can just buy all BIS gear from someone,Oh wait you don't have money,because you don't have starting ap to farm it..,Interesting. Even then don't worry guys,Just lifeskill for all ur life never play the game,And wait for your BID on BIS gear to go through on market,once it has a year later because of supply and demand,Then you can finally play your character. Don't ever buy a stepping stone gear,Just don't play until you have gear. yeah makes sense.

Guys help why does any of the gear in the game not pen even exist? WHy are you all out there fighting without pen gear? Why start anywhere????? Wait till you have pen BIS b4 pvping right?

Edited by Freeway