• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let's Talk Gear And Controlled Market

155 posts in this topic

Posted

Open markets would just lead to overpriced monopolies.

Orly? Name a few items important to everyone's gameplay that can be monopolised, please.

Posted

I meant that if he wants to sell it he has no choice but to sell to the guy who can give u the highest price, he doesn't have to, but if he wants to sell then that is his only choice.

Posted

Boss items are being hoarded to sell for pearls, that's what's causing the lack of supply

also the way PA is rolling out new op classes is causing a lot of people to hold onto several boxes in case the next character released is more broken than the previous

current max price kills any chance of serious profit from buying off nv and relisting 

bottom line they took away the reason to just throw extra boss drops on the market killing the supply

Posted

Boss items are being hoarded to sell for pearls, that's what's causing the lack of supply

also the way PA is rolling out new op classes is causing a lot of people to hold onto several boxes in case the next character released is more broken than the previous

current max price kills any chance of serious profit from buying off nv and relisting 

bottom line they took away the reason to just throw extra boss drops on the market killing the supply

actually only WzWitch are OP. DK is kinda meh at best, Striker doesn't look too bright either. 

Posted

I like the market prices being controlled.. however I think pearl items could use a boost to encourage ppl who like to buy and sell stuff from pearl shop. Ive seen player driven markets go all to crap.. and having prices driven up so high scares new ppl coming in and encourages gold buyers/sellers bots. Then it ruins the game.. Already ppl are willing to buy stuff in exchange for RL currency  as in wtt this boss gear for x number of pearls (,---exchanging anything with RL currency via pearls for high end gear items ect is making it pw2 just sayin)

Posted

More pearl items in MP would be cool. lol

Posted

I like the market prices being controlled.. however I think pearl items could use a boost to encourage ppl who like to buy and sell stuff from pearl shop. Ive seen player driven markets go all to crap.. and having prices driven up so high scares new ppl coming in and encourages gold buyers/sellers bots. Then it ruins the game.. Already ppl are willing to buy stuff in exchange for RL currency  as in wtt this boss gear for x number of pearls (,---exchanging anything with RL currency via pearls for high end gear items ect is making it pw2 just sayin)

unfortunately the insane preorder price is already driving ppl nuts, BDO is no less cancerous than any of those games with gold farmers. In BDO only the richest guy gets to win the preorder bid, and in case the shit doesnt go to preorder u have an even worse odds of landing it cuz u r bidding against thousands in a lottery.

Posted

unfortunately the insane preorder price is already driving ppl nuts, BDO is no less cancerous than any of those games with gold farmers. In BDO only the richest guy gets to win the preorder bid, and in case the shit doesnt go to preorder u have an even worse odds of landing it cuz u r bidding against thousands in a lottery.

too bad the seller doesn't get the amount of the preorder price.. its seen as a tax that goes to the guild that owns that city (well from what Ive been told). So I bet there are a lot of rich guilds out there.

Posted

You people have no idea how much good this mp actually does 

sure a handful of items kinda get alittle messed up, but the way this game is designed the (almost) fixed mp force players to more intuitive about money making and gives reward to hard work rather than searching the game for loopholes to exploit 

mmos need to be controlled very tightly, almost every mmo has confirmed this in the past

that's true my friend. I totally agree with u.

It's not the problem of the market that some items are always sold out. Weeds for example can be used in so many ways.. Doesnt matter how many the economy will list ppl will buy them just to power lvl alchemy. There are always goods in high demand that are sold out and goods with to high supply that are staying in the market.

But producing useless goods that will not be sold is not the problem of the market but the problem of this stupid players. U cant expect that ppl will insta buy the crap that u actually dont even need urself.

That some items are "useless" is also no market problem, it's more like a problem of inbalanced ingredients for production. For example some of the "trace of.." can be used effectively en masse.. Others not.

That ppl are expecting useless items to be sold out in an hour is a problem of the communitys mentality.  There are also problems with this market. But it is actually doing much better than all u ppl think.

Posted (edited)

Orly? Name a few items important to everyone's gameplay that can be monopolised, please.

food, literally everyone uses food, but i assure you not as many ppl make them.

as for free market, that would just slap the ppl who are casual and cant spend their whole day making money, with the current market, i can get a boss piece for 95m by having luck to snipe it; will be really really hard but theres still a chance, with your suggested system ppl will list that item for 1b maybe even 10b, how am i going to afford that, literally 0 chance that i could get any piece of boss gear, also freeing up the market works both way, it could also mean that pre orders go up higher than they are now because of a higher listed price.

Edited by Valient

Posted

The controlled market mechanic is good in the sense everyone is on equal playing field in terms of grinding also there is no direct trade with players so all progression and gearing up is down on your own terms. If you had an open market and someone new started up youd have to grind FOREVER to buy anything or Kakao would have to constantly upgrade loot prices to reflect inflation of item prices.

Posted

Questions o/

What prevent people to not sell at current price? making it stagnant?

Oversupply of low demand items for price noone is willing to pay...

What prevent people to sell it at maximum affordable price if none are in stock?

Usually even if none are in stock, price still didnt achieve its actual highest possible point.. You have to undercut it several times for "max" price until it actualy reaches cap... And even then its often less than people are willing to sell it for, or actual price others are willing to pay is so high pre-orders are unavailable for many people (pre-orders for highest demand items go 10-50x of their marketplace value... For example logs during epheria sialboat release were goin for 35k+ for preorders while their actual market price is 700 silver...)

What prevent people to use my first question after my second?

Getting here i think it was supposted to be some form of joke i didnt get...

Posted

And the higher the prices, the more margin with the vendor night, and that certainly wouldn't benefit a newbie with a pool of 40 energy.

And newbies with 40 energy pool need BIS equipment because... ?

sure a handful of items kinda get alittle messed up

A handful? A little? LOL. 

1 person likes this

Posted

And newbies with 40 energy pool need BIS equipment because... ?

to sell it with a huge profit, like everybody?

having inflating prices will just make trash loot not worth the grind.

Posted

The controlled market mechanic is good in the sense everyone is on equal playing field in terms of grinding also there is no direct trade with players so all progression and gearing up is down on your own terms. If you had an open market and someone new started up youd have to grind FOREVER to buy anything or Kakao would have to constantly upgrade loot prices to reflect inflation of item prices.

ur statement is only valid when new players can actually buy stuff without having to go through RNG lottery BS

Posted (edited)

Generate crafter/farmer system! You can sell your self found or self crafted/self farmed items in "free market price". You can sell them in any price. Customer has no "farmer" flag in items. He/she can resell them in "normal" price only. This will prevent marketplace flippers and bots. it's a little bit resource killer change. Logging all drops in all account... + this change will generate risk in "goldseller" market. But after some bans player will not use cheap items in 2000M price tricks.

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

Boss Armors/Weapons

Shards

Memory Fragments

And tbh pretty much anything is fair game people people are greedy shits. Clearly.

Posted

People just dont understand that everything is easy to get if u just get it on yourself by evolving your account in "all" directions. All plebs focus olon grinding all they and end up hating the system cause they cant buy sht of all the silver.. While us lifeskillers have abundand hards, sharps, food, elixirs, materials in general..  and are still able to grind when ever we feel like. :'D

Posted

Boss Armors/Weapons

Shards

Memory Fragments

And tbh pretty much anything is fair game people people are greedy shits. Clearly.

u think ppl r rich enough to monopolize stuff?

well even if u could, let's just say, it's still better than having an empty market

Posted

actually only WzWitch are OP. DK is kinda meh at best, Striker doesn't look too bright either. 

dunno about striker till awakening comes out but people are getting better with dk

witch/wiz awakening obviously op and I'd up money on the stripper class after striker will be op as well

Posted

u think ppl r rich enough to monopolize stuff?

well even if u could, let's just say, it's still better than having an empty market

Yes, they are.

And no, it's just as bad as an empty market unless you already have a metric ton saved up to spend things. Controlled allows newer, maybe less fortunate players a shot at things.

But everybody only thinks about themselves and their own gains on here(or in life in general), so i'm not going to argue. I stated my opinion.

Posted

Yes, they are.

And no, it's just as bad as an empty market unless you already have a metric ton saved up to spend things. Controlled allows newer, maybe less fortunate players a shot at things.

But everybody only thinks about themselves and their own gains on here(or in life in general), so i'm not going to argue. I stated my opinion.

seriously dude, if u just keep grinding u'll eventually be able to afford everything, anything's better than an empty market

Posted

witch/wiz awakening obviously op and I'd up money on the stripper class after striker will be op as well

Grind-dancer not stripper!

Screen2.png.91ff27ec14c74239db87b6960e1f

Posted

seriously dude, if u just keep grinding u'll eventually be able to afford everything, anything's better than an empty market

Scenario: Tree armor moves up to 400m in an uncapped market.

Person A and B both start grinding for it. But then again, so do person C through Z.

Person B nolife grinds and buys tree armor first. Now the new min price is 450m.

The price continues to increase and increase as the overabundance of silver keeps rising, without enough money sinks in the form of preorders.

Person A will never be able to farm fast enough to buy his tree armor.

-OR-

Person A through Z get -----ed because siege guild players monopolize the market, buying any tree armor listed under 1 billion. They list theirs at 1.1 bil.

They don't lose anything by having them listed, and people are forced to pay outrageous prices for it.

Markets in this game could QUICKLY get out of control if we had them uncapped.

Posted (edited)

Scenario: Tree armor moves up to 400m in an uncapped market.

Person A and B both start grinding for it. But then again, so do person C through Z.

Person B nolife grinds and buys tree armor first. Now the new min price is 450m.

The price continues to increase and increase as the overabundance of silver keeps rising, without enough money sinks in the form of preorders.

Person A will never be able to farm fast enough to buy his tree armor.

-OR-

Person A through Z get -----ed because siege guild players monopolize the market, buying any tree armor listed under 1 billion. They list theirs at 1.1 bil.

They don't lose anything by having them listed, and people are forced to pay outrageous prices for it.

Markets in this game could QUICKLY get out of control if we had them uncapped.

right now the preorder system is basically an UNCAPPED system, only difference is the seller recieve next to nothing so nobody's gonna sell

according to ur analogy, if those rich idiots would buy everything under 1 bil then I would gladly buy wines and keep doing NV lottery it will be HUGE profit for me, so it makes no sense at all

Edited by FapperJack
1 person likes this