• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I used to be able to play on High / Medium but now...

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I used to be able to play on High / Medium but now... I am running low - very low to optimized mode.

I used to be able to play with minor problems, now it seems like my computer gets memory leak every now and then. Random freezes here and there and random loading screen left and right.

As the game ages, its becoming more and more unplayable.

Hey... why do you care what I have to say right? I'm just saying... if this shit doesn't get fixed, I think the game will die and this is coming from a person who usually laughs at people who makes thread about the game dying.

Edited by Gumo
6 people like this

Posted

I'm getting the same, Gumo.  I've reduced settings etc but am getting worse FPS (was 40+ at launch, now 5-10 and that's in Balenos...).  My guildies are very similar, and we're spread out from US/Canada/EU/Asia/Oceania-- most have good machines by todays standards-- and none of us use the same internet provider.  I'm thinking someone broke the game.  Basically unplayable regardless of channel (some worse than others).

Posted

not performance drop this years for me lol.. You have software/hardware trouble lol.

Posted

Been the same for me 

i used to think this was the case until i learned of the mp search bug (now fixed?) 

since then i run fairly consistant, with the odd reboot restoring low frames if ive been online for afew days 

Posted

Low power card mode or auto frame optimizer?

Posted

It's because the inner spirit of the game has grown angry that the developers aren't faster with their castles with 100 maids for me. Also this maids would fix the bad RNG in the game. And the lag/desync issues. Also optimization issues. The maids are great.

I'm telling you, man

Posted

not performance drop this years for me lol.. You have software/hardware trouble lol.

Yeah, totally makes sense that it's an end user problem when the reports come directly after a patch that appears to have reverted past optimization fixes.

We get it, you don't have a problem.  No one cares about your situation.

As for the OP, if you are running SLI like me I found that changing to AFR2 helps a little. It's still jank AF and instead of idling with 100-120 FPS I'm down to a stuttery 40-60 FPS. I'm sure that even though nothing has changed on this system, which I only use for BDO, that it is somehow my fault though. LUL.jpg

Posted

Hey guys had similar issues where my fps would stop below 20 and I would studder everywhere. Usually though I fix it by remotely opening then immediately closing marketplace. Somehow opening it is causing some kind of fludder or something. 

Posted

Hey guys had similar issues where my fps would stop below 20 and I would studder everywhere. Usually though I fix it by remotely opening then immediately closing marketplace. Somehow opening it is causing some kind of fludder or something. 

SAME. I don't know why some of my friends dont get this problem while I do. Opening the market place, then going to view items and closing marketplace does help.

Posted (edited)

On windows 10 i just did another fresh reinstall (because) & ran into some issues. (same issues 3 installs)

Anyway turns out "Gaming Mode" causes issues, had to disable it & game DVR via x-box app & Regedit & Settings, before BDO was working & running good, Also fixed the issues with background apps running when bdo was up Causing those background apps to have issues after exiting BDO,

Also had to use DDU & clean uninstall, shutdown (for new Graphics card) then use the 381.89Nvidia driver since the 381.65 driver was broken.
http://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx
http://www.wagnardsoft.com/

then of course deleting the my documents bdo folder.
Its running fine again.

Dont even need these settings anymore: http://pastebin.com/taCfYmFP

Edited by prymortal

Posted

I used to be able to play on High / Medium but now... I am running low - very low to optimized mode.

I used to be able to play with minor problems, now it seems like my computer gets memory leak every now and then. Random freezes here and there and random loading screen left and right.

As the game ages, its becoming more and more unplayable.

Hey... why do you care what I have to say right? I'm just saying... if this shit doesn't get fixed, I think the game will die and this is coming from a person who usually laughs at people who makes thread about the game dying.

Make sure BDO is launching under the correct video card if you have a built in. Mine decided to switch back to the onboard one instead of using my main video card after the last patch.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah for a while i have been seen all these post about stuff like this. I play on max settings except for depth of field and high end mode. The game is getting progressively harder to run and playing the game on anything lower then max settings is unacceptable. One of the best feature of this game is the graphics and playing on low settings is a crime in my opinion. Sure i can upgrade my pc but i don't think that will help. You shouldn't have to brute force crap to work better >.>

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

Make sure BDO is launching under the correct video card if you have a built in. Mine decided to switch back to the onboard one instead of using my main video card after the last patch.

Mine did this as well. Only noticed when I went in launcher settings to repair and see if that would help. Then I noticed it was on the wrong card.

Posted

I'm having issues as well.. I noticed when I'm out in the world my fps ranges from 100-130.The second I enter a town it drops to around 35-55. I head back out into the world and my frames will not go over 75-80. Sometimes they won't push past 60 frames. To fix this I have to force myself into a loading screen via /escape. All the sudden my frames are back to 100-130. This makes absolutely NO FN SENSE xD.

Posted

I use to the think issues like this were just random spurts of possible user issue. Since the last patch I am ashamed to have thought so lowly of my fellow gaming mates. 

Seriously it's like this game is actively trying to give people a hard time.

I would think it akin to an abusive relationship with a really pretty girl (or guy, I'm not judging) whoms main attribute is being pretty. Yeah it's pretty and has it's moments of fun, but damn if it isnt high maintenance and shallow.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0