• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chain CC's have to go!

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Basically what the title says. Chaining CC's so that you literally can't fight back is the stupidest and cheapest thing in PvP at the moment. It has to go. I'm basically ready to quit this game over it because PvP was the reason I came here and although some of the other aspects of this game are ok, that is game breaking. Surely there's a better way to balance PvP. This meta of whoever gets the first CC wins the fight is ridiculous.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Basically what the title says. Chaining CC's so that you literally can't fight back is the stupidest and cheapest thing in PvP at the moment. It has to go. I'm basically ready to quit this game over it because PvP was the reason I came here and although some of the other aspects of this game are ok, that is game breaking. Surely there's a better way to balance PvP. This meta of whoever gets the first CC wins the fight is ridiculous.

so without cc chaining how do you fight a class just runs? 

Edited by Valient
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

well dammm, lol they do need to go, but your right its hard enough at the best of times to CC a musa/maehwa as it is

*Edit: Just a thought but rather than CC chains from a player, It'd be better to stop CC chains from the same CC via other players. to stop the 12 second+ CC lock deaths, rather than the player got skill you died CC chain combos.
This said Zerker grapple needs a limit!

Edited by prymortal

Posted (edited)

The system isnt perfect but this sounds like a skill issue. Try utilizing your iframes/super armors/frontal blocks and maybe you wont be cc'd so often. 

Edited by D_Revis

Posted

Yea, don't be wanna be that guy, but you just need to improve, blocking incoming CCs aren't that hard, of course there are times where you're simply outplayed or you just messed up, but it isn't hard to avoid them..

And even then there's 2 things you can do to escape while CCed, either use escape feature when pressing Escape, or V out and reset the fight.

Posted (edited)

I didn't say remove all CC's, just chaining them together is stupid.

The system isnt perfect but this sounds like a skill issue. Try utilizing your iframes/super armors/frontal blocks and maybe you wont be cc'd so often. 

It's not, unfortunately when you have Aus ping plus play a class like wiz you don't have many blocks and your I-frames have fairly large cooldowns.
I agree that the system isn't perfect, one way of improving it is removing perma-cc's :)

Edited by Brunack

Posted

It's not, unfortunately when you have Aus ping plus play a class like wiz you don't have many blocks and your I-frames have fairly large cooldowns.I agree that the system isn't perfect, one way of improving it is removing perma-cc's :)

well atm chaining ccs is quite hard without a grab, if you look at sorc witch musa or maewa, after they do a kd not much cc comes after that.

Posted

just add an unconditional long cd escape, useless in mass pvp (as it should be) usefull in small scale pvp

the system is below awerage imo

Posted

just two words... Git Gud!

1 person likes this

Posted

Srsly? Chain capabilities aren't even bad in this game especially when CC extenders are rng. Learn how other classes CC and it's ez. You claim you came here for PVP but can't be bothered to learn one of the most basic things....

Posted

Node wars is just one big CC fest. It's easy chaining them when there are several people spamming CC at you and you attempts to block/iframe just aing going to work. It's got worse over time as the meta has evolved to spam mass CC, simply because it is the best way to win. Change the CC and the meta will change, hopefully to one where both players can actually take part in a fight rather than the current mess of one player and one spectator.

Posted

Is there any class that cant one combo another class with downsmash at 220 ap?

Posted

just two words... Git Gud!

But... buh... neither of those are actual words :C..... > >;; < <;;

Posted

Is there any class that cant one combo another class with downsmash at 220 ap?

yes, every class. try one combo a 340dp witch.

Posted

So what do you propose instead?  It sounds like you want to not be chain CC'd by others, and I can understand.  No one wants to be taken out of a fight right away...but...what happens when you want someone to hold still and now lack the ability to do so because you cannot chain your CC together?

Posted

It's not, unfortunately when you have Aus ping plus play a class like wiz you don't have many blocks and your I-frames have fairly large cooldowns.I agree that the system isn't perfect, one way of improving it is removing perma-cc's :)

Maybe try utilising your 20 years of super armor

Posted

The problem is YOU

Since you won't get it the first time

The problem is YOU

YOU thought you would play an MMO for PVP = FAIL

BDO PVP will always be sh!t.  Get over it.

CC is a FIX to other BROKEN mechanics

Mainly you can move/dash/teleport 3 times a second half of the time with pure invincibility.

The entire system is trash.

AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD COME TO BDO TO PVP

THE PROBLEM IS YOU

Posted

Yeah, remove chain CC and make Tamers even more useless :/ 

1 person likes this

Posted

the problem currently is that certain classes can use cc's that cant be countered (zerker grabs lookin at you).  And other classes dominate because they have superarmor and block up while attacking 100% of the time (warrior looking at you)

Posted

CC's should be to help you lock your target before executing your burst. It should require you to use your brain but this is BDO, what are we even talking about.. Spewing CC after CC on high damage skills.Whoever strikes first wins most of the time, but they think those high damage cc skills are good idea.

Not that they will ever do it but "stunbreakers" that use stamina is a decent solution.

Posted

removing chain cc will make pvp for slower, comboheavy classes who have it hard to catch the enemy who use tons of irames pretty much impossible

Posted

removing chain cc will make pvp for slower, comboheavy classes who have it hard to catch the enemy who use tons of irames pretty much impossible

CC isn't even used correctly.

The developers suck shT at the PVP aspect so don't expect anything, but this is how it should work.

CC should be used to gain distance or hinder your opponent.  Making it viable for melee classes to get in attacks.  CC is currently total garbage.  CC/Dead. It's used to remove ALL options from the opponent and removing any chance of "Player Vs Player"

Iframes don't need to exist and simply moving all over shouldn't be a viable means of evasion.  BDO has no foundation for a working PVP system.  It's a PVE game only.

Posted (edited)

Guessing you've never played a MOBA before, or an arena based shooter, or a competitive game in general.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

I think this might be a learn to play issue.

Posted

the goal is to avoid getting cc in the first place , that's why you have things like block , super armor and iframes you have to react quick and make the right decision at the right time , that's what make the combat and pvp so fun

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0