• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chain CC's have to go!

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Basically what the title says. Chaining CC's so that you literally can't fight back is the stupidest and cheapest thing in PvP at the moment. It has to go. I'm basically ready to quit this game over it because PvP was the reason I came here and although some of the other aspects of this game are ok, that is game breaking. Surely there's a better way to balance PvP. This meta of whoever gets the first CC wins the fight is ridiculous.

1) there's a CC break mechanic that is being tested in KR right now

2) invest in resistance gems + evasion in the meantime. 

3) Don't forget "V" is a CC break that gets you out of the fight at any time as long as it is available. 

Posted

Chaining them together is nice but there should be a CC break added besides V

Really the only barrier to chain CCs is RNG, and them removing CCing- for certain ones anyways- someone while they're in getup animation. Playing "who can not get hit and then if you do get hit don't get CC'd, maybe we'll die to chip damage" is really bad as far as gameplay goes.

Fighting people with many skills giving super armor, invincibility and frontal blocks added with RNG means that fights are just tiring and unrewarding when you actually outposition/outplay someone and you just get "resisted, restart"

1 person likes this

Posted

Basically what the title says. Chaining CC's so that you literally can't fight back is the stupidest and cheapest thing in PvP at the moment. It has to go. I'm basically ready to quit this game over it because PvP was the reason I came here and although some of the other aspects of this game are ok, that is game breaking. Surely there's a better way to balance PvP. This meta of whoever gets the first CC wins the fight is ridiculous.

bye Felicia.

Posted

Guessing you've never played a MOBA before, or an arena based shooter, or a competitive game in general.

MOBA's don't involve trying to kill players with mobs, non consensual PVP, abusing iframes and movement to infinitely run away while red.

Moba is designed for mashing deaths with characters you invested no time in.

Posted

MOBA's don't involve trying to kill players with mobs, non consensual PVP, abusing iframes and movement to infinitely run away while red.

Moba is designed for mashing deaths with characters you invested no time in.

Every single situation you listed, I've encountered several times in the time that I've played League of Legends. I've both killed and have been killed by people by the minions/mobs doing most of the work. There are also champions in the game that have an annoying amount of i-frames and movement speed.

Udyr and Kassadin are both prime examples of this. Udyr, arguably, is either one of, or the fastest champ in the game. Kassadin has an ability that allows him to teleport consecutively as many times as you want if you build him correctly. And MOBAs represent non-consensual PvP.

I'm also fairly certain that tradional MOBAs are designed to have 3-5 champions on each team all trying to take out the other teams object in order to win.

Posted

LOL A WIZARD WANTS TO GET RID OF CHAIN CCs

i would too if I could oneshot people after a single cc

Posted

just add an unconditional long cd escape

if only the game had this smh

Posted

But... buh... neither of those are actual words :C..... > >;; < <;;

but they are

git is a name for a software version control system.

gud is the danish word for God.

Posted

Buy CC resist crystals... BOOM PROBLEM MAGICALY GONE! ...woaaaah.

Posted

they are already testing out changes against Chain CCs

Posted

LOL A WIZARD WANTS TO GET RID OF CHAIN CCs

i would too if I could oneshot people after a single cc

I have already previously admitted Wizards need to be changed. That's a different topic though and other classes shortcomings (tamer for example) or OP aspects (musa/mae dash) need to be looked at from a different aspect that doesn't screw every other class.
As I've said before: wizards are the silliest designed class that could have possibly come out since awakenings. They tried to turn a squishy and quite slow character into a melee ranged class and they tried to do it with abilities that locked the class into place while it casts.... which means the abilities need super armour or blocks to make them survivable enough to be viable or the class just gets one shot from range. Take away that super armour and it's a gutted class, leave it in and it is stupidly strong. Take away the damage it deals and using the awakening is stupid, might as well stay with staff and again make the class non-viable. They really didn't think it through. The class needs a complete makeover to bring it into line. However that doesn't mean chaining CC's is a good idea, all it does is add to the problems in this game. They need to be scaling back the problems, not adding to them.

Posted (edited)

Buy CC resist crystals... BOOM PROBLEM MAGICALY GONE! ...woaaaah.

Incorrect. Getting resist crystals do not solve the problem. It adds only a small resistance to 1 of 5 of the CCs. Some classes have all but 1 to toss out so you will get caught in one of them and then it is still RNG. Even then with the dysnc you get caught. All cc besides grab, is not the real problem its the fact you can not defend yourself at all. This is being worked on in KR. This is not a pvp game. With awakening it became first strike win battle. 

Edited by Stridentzephon

Posted

Just come on an over server than where you will play. Discution finish ;) 

Posted

Incorrect. Getting resist crystals do not solve the problem. It adds only a small resistance to 1 of 5 of the CCs. Some classes have all but 1 to toss out so you will get caught in one of them and then it is still RNG. Even then with the dysnc you get caught. All cc besides grab, is not the real problem its the fact you can not defend yourself at all. This is being worked on in KR. This is not a pvp game. With awakening it became first strike win battle. 

I agree with you, the resist crystals are garbage due to 60% caps & ignore resist crystals.
Also, people keep saying this is not a PvP game, yet the main endgame (apart from afk fishing for the rest of your days) is node and territory wars.
The life skill system leaves a lot to be desired really, mostly it's done afk. That leaves only grinding left. It comes back around to it again, PvP is the focus of endgame whether it's between guilds at nodes or private duelling. That's the case with a lot of MMOs due to a finite amount of content. This game's content doesn't even incorporate group dungeons or raids, so I'd say this is absolutely a PvP focussed game at the moment unless they release something that proves it otherwise.

Posted

I agree with you, the resist crystals are garbage due to 60% caps & ignore resist crystals.Also, people keep saying this is not a PvP game, yet the main endgame (apart from afk fishing for the rest of your days) is node and territory wars.
The life skill system leaves a lot to be desired really, mostly it's done afk. That leaves only grinding left. It comes back around to it again, PvP is the focus of endgame whether it's between guilds at nodes or private duelling. That's the case with a lot of MMOs due to a finite amount of content. This game's content doesn't even incorporate group dungeons or raids, so I'd say this is absolutely a PvP focussed game at the moment unless they release something that proves it otherwise.

Can we stop suggesting the game is focused on anything other than selling us stuff?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0