• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Leveling speed

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi BDO Community - 

I recently started the game and am loving it.  I have been exploring life skills and leveling a few different classes to see which I like best.  I recently started Musa and got him to level 49.  I found that I was able to grind out level 49 itself extremely fast with buffs and on Olvia +exp server.  Howerver, once I hit 50, the exp seemed to become massively slower.  I went from completing a level in about 30 minutes to taking over 2 hours just to get 10%.  

I understand there is a massive grind once you get past soft cap at 56, but is it normal to his such a wall at 50?  I am clearing fast, almost 1 hitting packs, I have 112AP and am using a +15 weapon, crystals etc.  At this rate, it would take me weeks to hit 56.  I keep hearing people say it can be done super fast, but I am seeing this incredible slow down.

I am wondering if I am doing it wrong?  I have tried grinding Helms, Crows Castle, and Catfish at 50 - same result on all.

Appreciate any advice on where or how to level 50+ more efficiently.

Thank you!

Posted

At that ap you dont 1 hit mobs at helms i think. Helms rouges elrics from 50 or 51 to 53-54 should go pretty fast. Would do catfish to 51 just its som easy. After 52/53 you can do sausans .. its fast 

Posted

Trying Elrics right now - they wreck me pretty hard at 52 :(  Exp does seem a bit better though.  DP is about 88.  

Posted

Trying Elrics right now - they wreck me pretty hard at 52 :(  Exp does seem a bit better though.  DP is about 88.  

Raise DP for better sustain and less chugging pots. Find some cheap AP gains as well. Go farm Hexe for witches earrings and Abandoned monastary for marks of shadow. If you already have them, go get more and smash em together. :D  People going from 50-56 in a days time is because they have the gear for super fast clearing and sustain.

Posted

Did you even follow any of the quest chain?

These online lvl guides need a disclaimer that if this is your first toon to ignore the guide and follow the black spirit quests. And pick up any area quests at the same time. You will gain more skill points and more gear upgrades this way. Also you won't lvl that much slower with the exp buff on the Olvia servers.

At lvl 50 you have to be over 100 ap & dp. When I lvl an alt after 50 I do helms to 52 then Elrics to 55 (harder to get sausans groups and Elrics is good solo exp). Then I'll pop a group to 56 at sausans. But you're going to need a generous group as your stats are super low.  As @Grehm said you should go farm some AP like Witch's and MoS. All the while you'll pick up stones to up your armor too.

So if you're not in a guild that can help you then you need to go solo for gear and kind of ignore lvl'ing for a bit.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1-56 can be made in 8-16h. Done it myself 3 times. But to do that you need alteast 160+AP or find a random group who can carry you. On olvia servers, pretty often, you can find a group with 56-58 level player who leveling others to 56. Join to them from 51. The downside of that is luck of skill points, and almost 0 trash loot from mobs.

Edited by Sinderlok

Posted

Some bullet points to recap:

• First and foremost, if you are a new player (not an alt) you do not want to rush levels, you really don't, it's incredibly counterproductive. You'll miss out much energy and CP, all black spirit questline that you'll eventually want to do, most likely a bunch of skill points and, maybe the most important, all other content the game has to offer, which can be pretty overwhelming if not diluted over time. Take your time, if you looked for some starter guide or similar you'll probably already have seen "BDO is a marathon, not a sprint", and that's true;
  • There is a great xp change after 50, it takes more time 50-56 than 1-49 usually, completely normal, and after 56 every level feels again to be noticeably slower than the previous;
  • You'll want around 110-120 AP and preferably some buffs (serendia special is particulary nice for DPS thanks to accuracy, which is somewhat useful when you are geared enough to fight slighlty higher level mobs);
  • When making an alt I usually go to Manes from 50-55, it's decent XP and they drop Shultz which is always nice to round up silver while leveling. For reference, last week it took me 4 hours with full uptime daily 100+20 buff, GM scroll, tea and olvia server with 120AP, 18DP (+0 grunil) and Serendia buff;
  • One thing I find useful when grinding that maybe is not so intuitive is that quantity>quality. There is no need to do to the harder mobs, not only Elites but also the "big" ones in families, as well as completely cleaning all packs. Just do your rotation, kill the 3-5 small and easy ones and go on to the next pack, if you manage to only aoe while moving without downtime you'll be much more efficient.

Other than that I can't really think of anyhing else, if you follow these steps it's definetely impossible to do 5%/hour, hell with the same conditions I get more than that at 56/57 easily.

Posted

Thanks guys - appreciate the tips.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0