• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is it possible to only buy gear?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey

I now have much more free time and I would like to come back to BDO. I only played a bit at launch and I have a lvl 53 ranger with shit gear. But I don't want to use the enchant system which is completely fked, and lose hours and billions. So, as apparently some players already did, I would like to know if it possible to buy gear instead of trying my luck with the shitty enchant system.

Is that possible? I've seen that there are lots of videos about how to make huge amounts of money. So, how could I make billions, and how much is it going to cost me to get full gear?

If there is any other way, or if you have any other tip, please tell me! I'm really just like a new player ,except I'm returning. Thanks

Posted

Yes.

Although some of the higher level accessories are going to be hard to get.

Posted

Yes.

Although some of the higher level accessories are going to be hard to get.

Well, when I have enough gear to be able to do the bosses and stuff I will stop buying it, but like until then, what do I need to do if I want to get my gear by the AA?

Posted

yes if you want to wait 1 years for get Tet stuff.

Posted (edited)

You can.

It's what I personally love about BDO, you can play your way and still progress.

After coming back from a long break and having to use 100 Artisan memories to get Bheg Gloves to DUO I swore to myself never to enchant gear again, my way of playing had always been life skills, so as a Cooking Guru I spent weeks trying to Min/max my 352 CP and with the help of passive income; I managed to snipe TRI boss gear (except Muskans) TRI accesories and all 3 TET weapons from the MP, now I just sell all Black Stones, Shards and Memory Stones I get without a second thought and it's a much better and less stressing way of gearing up, the only downside is that you'll lose A LOT of bids in the MP, A LOT of money with outrageously high preorders; and even if you have the money it'll take time to buy the gear but it's 100% viable, I'm the proof.

Edited by Hemuk
2 people like this

Posted

You can.

It's what I personally love about BDO, you can play your way and still progress.

After coming back from a long break and having to use 100 Artisan memories to get Bheg Gloves to DUO I swore to myself never to enchant gear again, my way of playing had always been life skills, so as a Cooking Guru I spent weeks trying to Min/max my 352 CP and with the help of passive income; I managed to snipe TRI boss gear (except Muskans) TRI accesories and all 3 TET weapons from the MP, now I just sell all Black Stones, Shards and Memory Stones I get without a second thought and it's a much better and less stressing way of gearing up, the only downside is that you'll lose A LOT of bids in the MP, A LOT of money with outrageously high preorders; and even if you have the money it'll take time to buy the gear but it's 100% viable, I'm the proof.

This looks like very good gear, can you pvp with that?

And, well; I'm fine with life skills, I just remember that I skipped a lot the.. eh.. the points you need for nodes you know? I forgot the name. Well, I have VERY few of those. Do I need that?

So the best way to get money would be a profession like cooking?

Posted

Well, when I have enough gear to be able to do the bosses and stuff I will stop buying it, but like until then, what do I need to do if I want to get my gear by the AA?

Well, if you are on NA and you have 462 million, you can start by buying a Kzarka Longbow (if you are sticking with your ranger).  There are 10 on the MP at the moment.

I'm not sure what your gear is right now, but if you are going for Grunil armor, that may take a pre-order, or at least keeping an eye on the MP and trying to get it every time you get a notification.

If you have at least 100 DP, I would definitely start with getting a better weapon and sub-weapon, then move to armor.  TRI seems to be a good compromise where it gives you enough defense to get through even Valencia (with the possible exception of the dungeons) and it's still affordable enough.

If you are sticking with your ranger, you can get a TRI or even TET awakening weapon from the MP fairly easily.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, if you are on NA and you have 462 million, you can start by buying a Kzarka Longbow (if you are sticking with your ranger).  There are 10 on the MP at the moment.

I'm not sure what your gear is right now, but if you are going for Grunil armor, that may take a pre-order, or at least keeping an eye on the MP and trying to get it every time you get a notification.

If you have at least 100 DP, I would definitely start with getting a better weapon and sub-weapon, then move to armor.  TRI seems to be a good compromise where it gives you enough defense to get through even Valencia (with the possible exception of the dungeons) and it's still affordable enough.

If you are sticking with your ranger, you can get a TRI or even TET awakening weapon from the MP fairly easily.

I will stick to my ranger, but when I say that I have no money, I mean I've never had more than 10 millions. I have a liverto +10 I believe.. so yeah.

I'll download the game and tell you what my current gear is, but it really is shit, I think my ranger is like 52 or 53.

Also, I don't want to rush now. I did that at release and I felt lost. I want to know the game, like I have a LOT of new areas to discover now..

Posted

I recently bought a tet bow, had to wait some weeks for it. It almost always skipped pre order and so i ended up failing to snipe it many times. keep in mind u need to sit on silver ( 1.2b at least ) to even attempt this. If you wanted to do this for every decent piece of gear.....expect it to take a very very liong time BUT yes, it's chill and relaxing. No enchant stress , but extreme patience is a must.

Posted

I recently bought a tet bow, had to wait some weeks for it. It almost always skipped pre order and so i ended up failing to snipe it many times. keep in mind u need to sit on silver ( 1.2b at least ) to even attempt this. If you wanted to do this for every decent piece of gear.....expect it to take a very very liong time BUT yes, it's chill and relaxing. No enchant stress , but extreme patience is a must.

I could do a bit of both, but the problem is that the weapon breaks if you fail.. And that is shit.

Posted

I could do a bit of both, but the problem is that the weapon breaks if you fail.. And that is shit.

Weapons don't break if you fail an enhancement.

Posted

Weapons don't break if you fail an enhancement.

Er, I mean durability, or whatever it is.

Posted

There are easy ways to get high end gear if you have the $

Posted

Er, I mean durability, or whatever it is.

Yes, but that's easily repaired, with some planning ahead. I suggest you start cooking beer to raise your Contribution points(the thing you say you have none of). And then you can start working on a worker empire and grinding.

Posted

I will stick to my ranger, but when I say that I have no money, I mean I've never had more than 10 millions. I have a liverto +10 I believe.. so yeah.

I'll download the game and tell you what my current gear is, but it really is shit, I think my ranger is like 52 or 53.

Also, I don't want to rush now. I did that at release and I felt lost. I want to know the game, like I have a LOT of new areas to discover now..

Well, if you take your time to get situated, you will find that money accumulates reasonably fast if you are not blowing it up on enchants.  You can probably wrap up things in Calpheon, see what you can do with your contribution points (getting workers at nodes with rare drops is a good way to make passive income), get some more knowledge and go from there.

Ranger weapons are pretty easily obtainable from the MP.  Grunil armor is sought after by all classes, so it may be a bit harder. You may want to use Heve as a stepping stone if you find you need something slightly better than what you have at the moment. 

Once you get to Mediah, you'll probably do Manes, Helms, Elrics and Sausans and you'll be 56 and ready for your awakening.

(When you hit 55, there is a quest at Sarma Outpost called "Combat Promotion" that will send you to kill many things and then give you a chunk of XP as a reward. Look for the three otters at the top of the tower once you are 55).

With a bit of patience, you can gear up pretty well while having fun doing whatever aspect of the game you enjoy.

Posted

yes you can buy gear, however you will never be on the edge of the equipment curve and will fall behind even average players, risk vs reward.

Posted

Hey

I now have much more free time and I would like to come back to BDO. I only played a bit at launch and I have a lvl 53 ranger with shit gear. But I don't want to use the enchant system which is completely fked, and lose hours and billions. So, as apparently some players already did, I would like to know if it possible to buy gear instead of trying my luck with the shitty enchant system.

Is that possible? I've seen that there are lots of videos about how to make huge amounts of money. So, how could I make billions, and how much is it going to cost me to get full gear?

If there is any other way, or if you have any other tip, please tell me! I'm really just like a new player ,except I'm returning. Thanks

Marketplace. 

Around 500 million-2 billion per piece. Depending a bit. 

Posted

If you played the game before then when you log in you will probably have mail with money based on your fame score. Can't say for sure.

Posted

If you played the game before then when you log in you will probably have mail with money based on your fame score. Can't say for sure.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that.

Should be a nice chunk. Also, some compensations for delayed maintenance and what not.

Posted

You can.

All it means is that you're insanely lucky when it comes to marketplace rng. Don't think I ever heard of anyone with such luck :o

Vast majority will never be able to snipe TRI boss gear or TET Dandelions. TET Kzarka or Kutum&Nouver can be possible if you play a less poplar class, ditched by re-rollers. But otherwise no.

Sniping TRI accessories is even harder, like way way harder. Just look how many that's been sold ever and compare that with hundred thousands of players that wants to buy. I dare say 90% of the playerbase will never win a bid on a TRI accessory ever.

Realistically speaking, you might be able to win 1 or maybe 2 BiS item eventually if you hardcore map market for 6+ months. So no, players with average marketplace rng can not buy gear and play the way they want to. If you want TRI&TET BiS gear you have to suck it up and deal with enchanting. Pre-ordering stuff for 2-5 billion each isn't a very good option either. Usually much cheaper to make yourself, even if you're a bit unlucky.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh wow. I'm pretty happy, I have like 60 Gm's buffs lol, I also got a mark of shadows in a GM lucky box, pretty good!  And for some reason I also have 67 millions for my house, Idk why but, THANKS! I've never been so rich lol.

Do Kalmasive benedictions work on loot? Cuz I mean, +20% chance to get boss gear.. I guess it does not

And for the bad part.. my gear. 85 AP, 103 DP.. yeah.

Annnnd I also have value packs for like.. 5 months?

And I also got a basilic belt in some lucky box, I wish I got the ogre ring but I mean.. that's still 50M saved lol.

I'm pretty happy, I got some cool rewards, but my gear is insanely bad. And I'm also pretty lost, I'm level 52 and I don't really know what to do!

Posted

I've bought all my gear off the mp for the most part...tet kzarka, tet dande, tri boss

Accessories are a bit harder, pre orders are insane on them so you're really better off enchanting yourself OR being happy with duo accessories (you can buy those)

kinda wish I would've just tried buying things from the start...said ----- it when I failed pri ogre for the 10th time and just started buying things 

Posted

yes you can.

Posted

Oh wow. I'm pretty happy, I have like 60 Gm's buffs lol, I also got a mark of shadows in a GM lucky box, pretty good!  And for some reason I also have 67 millions for my house, Idk why but, THANKS! I've never been so rich lol.

Do Kalmasive benedictions work on loot? Cuz I mean, +20% chance to get boss gear.. I guess it does not

And for the bad part.. my gear. 85 AP, 103 DP.. yeah.

Annnnd I also have value packs for like.. 5 months?

Definitely start cooking beer or essence of liquor to raise CP. That will be your main source of income is having a 250CP worker empire gathering logs, ore, grains, etc which you will process and sell on MP or you can grind to master 2 trading and make them into crates.

It is completely possible to do what you are asking. My old guild had a guide to 450 GS starting from nothing in 2 months. I used that guide and can confirm its possible, the only bottleneck will be the waiting game on trying to win items from MP.

Obviously you aren't gonna get tri witches or RCE or MoS or Crescents that early in the game, but you can get duo of them and also Shultz necks and belts. You can definitely gear up to be relevant through MarketPlace only, being endgame competitive however will require at least a little enchanting on your part or a year of lucky MP bidding.

Posted

Thanks for your answers.

Now, I'm 52, I have 90 AP 103 DP, what do I do? I'm on the olvia channel, so I can xp fast here. A few questions

1. I have 80 M just now, and I'm going to get some money too with the attendance thing. What should I buy? I'm forgeting boss armor for nown what armor should I get as a ranger? I have 2 piece of heve and 2 pieces of grunil, all +10( not ultimate..)

2. How many months does the "return player" attendance thing stays? Only 20 days or more?

3.Lewaffles, could I see this guide somewhere or is it only for your guild?

Thanks

Also, is there any way I could use real money to help me out? I can afford that, just depends on how much I need.