• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is it possible to only buy gear?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

gundel from NA server who is currently in the top 3, gear wise, bought every single piece of his gear. he is sitting on around 13b silver as right now.

Posted

I will stick to my ranger, but when I say that I have no money, I mean I've never had more than 10 millions. I have a liverto +10 I believe.. so yeah.

I'll download the game and tell you what my current gear is, but it really is shit, I think my ranger is like 52 or 53.

Also, I don't want to rush now. I did that at release and I felt lost. I want to know the game, like I have a LOT of new areas to discover now..

yes best advice i can tell you is take your time and just enjoy the game, learn as much as you can because there is a lot to learn and it is very overwhelming at first.

Just like you i started at launch and i was trying to keep up with everyone rushing through levels and didnt really know what i was doing and i stopped playing after a week or two. Came back 2 months ago and i am having a lot of fun.

Keep in mind tho this game is a marathon, you have to catch up in terms of level and gear and there is a lot of grinding to do but best tip i can give you is take your time and enjoy the game, try not to do the same thing all the time. You want to grind as much as you can but you also want to mix it up aswell do some life skills, go to world bosses, go to the arena for some duels if you are into pvp etc. That way when you get tired of grinding you can go do something else and stay entertained, you will see if you just play and enjoy the game money and gear will come along.

Posted

my advice is to run junk +15 gear and leech off people in parties until you have 1b silver in your bank, go to every bosses, do not pre order anything, do not rage enchant.

Posted

No you cant. A few people can, yes, but few = 2-3 in a server of people. You need to be very lucky. Im really amused by the people in this thread saying you can. Maybe they are lotto winners.. MP is just NOT reliable to wait for it... 

Posted

Thanks for your answers.

Now, I'm 52, I have 90 AP 103 DP, what do I do? I'm on the olvia channel, so I can xp fast here. A few questions

1. I have 80 M just now, and I'm going to get some money too with the attendance thing. What should I buy? I'm forgeting boss armor for nown what armor should I get as a ranger? I have 2 piece of heve and 2 pieces of grunil, all +10( not ultimate..)

2. How many months does the "return player" attendance thing stays? Only 20 days or more?

3.Lewaffles, could I see this guide somewhere or is it only for your guild?

Thanks

Also, is there any way I could use real money to help me out? I can afford that, just depends on how much I need.

If youre interested in the guide, contact <serenity> in game or on the recruitment forums, but generally they will ask you to join the guild. The gist of it is what I said in the post above, the guide itself has the specific nodes, but a little bit of asking around in game and playtime will get you most of the info you need if you aren't looking to change guilds.

AP should be your first goal, work towards getting a pri, duo, or tri liverto longbow off the market. Your 2 piece heve 2 piece grunil is perfectly fine, just get it upgraded (plenty of failstacking/enhancing guides) or buy upgraded versions from the market as this is what your original post is about =). Jarretes accessories will serve you fine up until youre lvl 56, if not those then mark of shadow, witch earrings, and a tri bares necklace (that you can get off the MP for like 11-12mil Preorder, its 10 AP).

Real money definitely helps out, but the farthest I would recommend is buying 4 tier 1 pets, a single premium outfit, branding stones for long term weapons(liverto, or steel dagger) as ranger suffers greatly when it comes to durability, and if you still have some spending money, weight increases. you CAN buy pearl shop items and sell on the MP for silver, but it is HORRIBLY inefficient and I would not recommend as 34 USD for 25Mil in game is a pretty bad trade-off.

Any other questions, feel free to PM me. Im a 59 470GS ranger on NA and I can answer most ranger-specific questions you have. Good luck brother!

1 person likes this

Posted

As a ranger, what is the armor I'm supposed to get before boss gear? Full ultimate grunil? Maybe I should start to focus on that first

Also, I need to know where to grind. I have 20 contribution points.. Do I really need to hire workers and all that? It looks really boring.

If youre interested in the guide, contact <serenity> in game or on the recruitment forums, but generally they will ask you to join the guild. The gist of it is what I said in the post above, the guide itself has the specific nodes, but a little bit of asking around in game and playtime will get you most of the info you need if you aren't looking to change guilds.

AP should be your first goal, work towards getting a pri, duo, or tri liverto longbow off the market. Your 2 piece heve 2 piece grunil is perfectly fine, just get it upgraded (plenty of failstacking/enhancing guides) or buy upgraded versions from the market as this is what your original post is about =). Jarretes accessories will serve you fine up until youre lvl 56, if not those then mark of shadow, witch earrings, and a tri bares necklace (that you can get off the MP for like 11-12mil Preorder, its 10 AP).

Real money definitely helps out, but the farthest I would recommend is buying 4 tier 1 pets, a single premium outfit, branding stones for long term weapons(liverto, or steel dagger) as ranger suffers greatly when it comes to durability, and if you still have some spending money, weight increases. you CAN buy pearl shop items and sell on the MP for silver, but it is HORRIBLY inefficient and I would not recommend as 34 USD for 25Mil in game is a pretty bad trade-off.

Any other questions, feel free to PM me. Im a 59 470GS ranger on NA and I can answer most ranger-specific questions you have. Good luck brother!

Thanks, I was about to PM you but it's bugged apparently, I have no field to type the message..

Posted

2 heve, 2 grunil

Posted

As a ranger, what is the armor I'm supposed to get before boss gear? Full ultimate grunil? Maybe I should start to focus on that first

Also, I need to know where to grind. I have 20 contribution points.. Do I really need to hire workers and all that? It looks really boring.

You can either go full grunil or the roaring magical armor and heve, or a combination of the bunch. Generally the first piece of boss gear youre gonna want is bhegs, but...

Don't worry about boss gear until youre ready to get into PvP, which is when you hit lvl 58 and have like 440+GS.

And workers are an EXCELLENT source of afk income, the sooner you start it, the sooner your gains begin. If you can dedicate an hour a day to cooking beer actively, or every night cook 500 beers, youll get an excellent CP network in no time. If you spend 5 hours a day cooking for a week (which will be horribly boring but will make your income start that much sooner) youll be set.

Posted

You can either go full grunil or the roaring magical armor and heve, or a combination of the bunch. Generally the first piece of boss gear youre gonna want is bhegs, but...

Don't worry about boss gear until youre ready to get into PvP, which is when you hit lvl 58 and have like 440+GS.

And workers are an EXCELLENT source of afk income, the sooner you start it, the sooner your gains begin. If you can dedicate an hour a day to cooking beer actively, or every night cook 500 beers, youll get an excellent CP network in no time. If you spend 5 hours a day cooking for a week (which will be horribly boring but will make your income start that much sooner) youll be set.

Alright, let's continue in PM!

Posted

Thanks for your answers.

Now, I'm 52, I have 90 AP 103 DP, what do I do? I'm on the olvia channel, so I can xp fast here. A few questions

1. I have 80 M just now, and I'm going to get some money too with the attendance thing. What should I buy? I'm forgeting boss armor for nown what armor should I get as a ranger? I have 2 piece of heve and 2 pieces of grunil, all +10( not ultimate..)

2. How many months does the "return player" attendance thing stays? Only 20 days or more?

3.Lewaffles, could I see this guide somewhere or is it only for your guild?

Thanks

Also, is there any way I could use real money to help me out? I can afford that, just depends on how much I need.

yes if you can afford to spend some money on the cash shop that will help you out ,it depends on how much you are willing to spend.

I would say get 4 pets is the first thing you should buy if you dont already have those

you said you have 5 months of value pack so you are good with that for now.

weight limit is really important aswell but you have to be sure that you will stick to your class because if you get your awakening and you dont like your ranger anymore and want to reroll you wasted money and its only good for 1 character. If you are struggling with weight/inventory management i would buy storage maids before weight/inventory increase until you are 100% sure you will stick to this class

You can sell a maximum of 5 costumes per week on the market place which sell for 20-25m each but its around 120$ so if you can afford it it will help you as a new player to get started it help you buy decent gear to be able to farm more money (i dont recomend this unless you are really impatient and you dont care about spending that much money because later on you can make 100m pretty easily) 

And last but not least artisans memory, honestly i recommend you to learn how to enchant properly  and how to failstack and all that because its really easy to enchant up duo (+17) and even tri (+18) if you know how to do it right 90% of the time you will save a lot of money doing it yourself and tbh its not as bad as people say of course you get -----ed by rng sometimes but thats part of the game BUT if you dont mind spending a few $ artisans memory is the best thing to buy if you want to save a ton of silver and easily enchant your gear (boss armor/ weapons, liverto and blue awakening) and catch up to the average player in terms of gear really fast.

Posted

Thanks The Lord, good tip for the inventory I thought it was account shared.

Would you recommend any enchant guide?

Posted (edited)

lvl 60 Kuno, 198/208/296, been playing since dec 13, 2016.  Last time I enchanted something was dec 20 something and I said screw it I'm buying premade gear.  Snipping something in the market is easier than enchanting for me but for higher levels but you have to be online a lot to be able to snipe them

Also once you start trying to snipe TRI, TET, PEN gear it gets really really hard, been trying to snipe TRI Muskans for months.  I'd say once you have majority of your gear to TRI, you should start enchanting your own stuff.

I'll prob start enchanting when I have 2.5bil and still cant snipe anything.

Edited by LightningFFXIII-4

Posted (edited)

All it means is that you're insanely lucky when it comes to marketplace rng. Don't think I ever heard of anyone with such luck :o

Vast majority will never be able to snipe TRI boss gear or TET Dandelions. TET Kzarka or Kutum&Nouver can be possible if you play a less poplar class, ditched by re-rollers. But otherwise no.

Sniping TRI accessories is even harder, like way way harder. Just look how many that's been sold ever and compare that with hundred thousands of players that wants to buy. I dare say 90% of the playerbase will never win a bid on a TRI accessory ever.

Realistically speaking, you might be able to win 1 or maybe 2 BiS item eventually if you hardcore map market for 6+ months. So no, players with average marketplace rng can not buy gear and play the way they want to. If you want TRI&TET BiS gear you have to suck it up and deal with enchanting. Pre-ordering stuff for 2-5 billion each isn't a very good option either. Usually much cheaper to make yourself, even if you're a bit unlucky.

Yeah I agree, it's hard, but look at this this way: You have so many things to buy that you're bound to get something eventually, what I mean with that is that for example; TRI Giaths helmet might be posted only once every 3 days BUT since you need 13 pieces of gear you see multiple things that you need in a single day so your chances to get something, anything, are pretty good, that's how I've been doing it and it has taken a bit less than 2 months but I've done it.

But yeah you're right, some of the things that I've gotten, I only got cause I'm a Ranger, and I bought them on a time where everyone was rerolling DK, so getting a TET Kutum/Kama Sword wasnt half as bad as it should've been but still, there's many options now, you have Coral Earrings AND Witches, Crescent AND Marks, Shultz belt/neck AND Basilisk/Serap's/Ogre/Sicil/Corals, there's many items for the same slot to choose from so you have more options to buy, if you have the money; you just need to put up a notice in every item and you'll see multiple getting posted every day, there might only be 13 slots to fill, but there's multiple options for every slot; then again if you want to min/max or get BiS stuff, sure, it'll take forever, but gearing yourself with decent shit to reach 400GS isnt hard AT ALL if you have money, I'm just an extreme example.

Edited by Hemuk

Posted (edited)

I think you can buy gear up to a point. I'm outfitted in TET armor and weapons with DUO accessories (NOT boss gear) that I've purchased on the market. However, buying TET or even TRI boss gear is much more difficult as is buying TRI and TET accessories. If you're comfortable not maximizing your AP/DP, you can do well buying your gear. However, at some point, you'll probably want to get into enchanting. I've reached that point-there's nothing else to do with the money I make and I want to keep upgrading.

Edited by Kritas

Posted

Thanks The Lord, good tip for the inventory I thought it was account shared.

Would you recommend any enchant guide?

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have a grinding partner and you set up loot to send any green and above items to Special Deals, that saves you a lot of inventory and you only have to worry about trade-in/junk items and "General Trade" items. Most of my characters have between 60-90 inventory slots, and only my fisher has more than 150.

Weight is more important for grinding and you can get the Loyalty weight increases and train strength (and as someone recommended, the storage maid)

I've been slacking on the buying front (well, more like getting side-tracked), but I have my ranger set up with TRI gear and working on my Tamer now, as I try to get the Ranger to 57.

I'm always going to be behind the gear curve with 7 characters to clothe and feed, but that doesn't bother me. TRI is what you need for Valencia and I've not even scratched that zone really (or really done any questing in Mediah other than getting all my characters to 56).

Posted

Okay. That is scary.

But gear is easier to snipe as a ranger?

Posted

Okay. That is scary.

But gear is easier to snipe as a ranger?

for mainhand, yes, because people are quitting the class, offhand no, because witch and wizards are still good. dande, idk seen a few tet dande sitting on the market for 1-3 hours every now and then.

Posted

for mainhand, yes, because people are quitting the class, offhand no, because witch and wizards are still good. dande, idk seen a few tet dande sitting on the market for 1-3 hours every now and then.

I guess I need to start saving money then! I'd love a TET Dande. :-)

Posted

I guess I need to start saving money then! I'd love a TET Dande. :-)

the preorder is like 50m over for tet dande, at least for rangers

Posted (edited)

Ayer me encontré con esto, en caso de que ayuda.

V.png

Edited by VientoFresco

Posted (edited)

The enhancing system requires some investments to be able to failstack efficiently. For new players with bad gear and other priorities this is a waste of silver, so i'll always advise them to buy everything until they hit the boss gear wall (TRI grunil/heve/Liverto/offhand). Enhancing boss gear yourself is very much worth it to TRI. It's much easier and cheaper than buying TRI boss gear with pre-order.

Edited by Eppo

Posted

I'm a 217/219/263 sorc in NA. I bought most of my gear and sold my previous gear. The only pieces I enhanced myself are my TRI Nouver, TET Dande, and DUO Mark of Shadow. I've bought TRI Muskans, DUO Bheg, PRI Red Nose, DUO Giath, TET Kzarka, DUO Serap, TRI RCE, DUO Witch, TRI Mark, DUO Tree Belt on the market through bidding or preordering. All the boss gear I've enhanced to TRI while failstacking to get my Dande to TET. It definitely takes patience losing a crap ton of bids but it's doable. I've been bidding on Tree Armor for months with no luck, but that's fine, I'll eventually get it someway or another.

Posted

And why are people quitting ranger?:/

Posted

And why are people quitting ranger?:/

There's many reasons. Early on ranger was probably the strongest class but that has changed with class tweaks and awakenings. It also requires tons of MP pots to properly grind, plus the awakening being melee..

Posted

Well yeah but apparently the awakening deals a lot! And a ranger with good gears just pew pew on people don't they?