• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Blue Parts for Epheria Sailboat

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, I am a hardcore player in a casual/lifeskill guild. I recently built an Epheria Sailboat and bought all the green parts from the vendor. Since I have almost all the resources for Blue parts. I want to build them.

List of Materials that I am missing: 

Epheria Sailboat: Dragon Prow

50 Black Gold Ingot (Ocean Skin[Guild], Pure Platinum Crystal*) 0/50, 50/50

Epheria Sailboat: Elena Cannon

100 Magoria Dark Iron (Hekaru[Guild], 2 Pure Iron Crystal) 0/100, 200/200

Epheria Sailboat: Black Breeze Sail

300 Tough Flax Fabric (Hekaru[Guild], 10 Flax Fabric) 0/300, 3000/3000

I've noticed that I need some guild labeled items in order to complete the building. And after watching few videos, it seems that guild has to hunt the sea monsters in Magoria sea.

1. Can I hunt sea monsters as a party? 

2. How hard are sea monsters? And drop rate?

Here's the problem with the guild. If things are rolling out this way, it's almost forcing me to leave my current guild, in order to achieve what I want. my guild is Casual/Lifeskill guild. We only have 29 members total, only 8 are interactive players. So Is there any other way around this?? 

Edited by Zetectic
took out unnecessary infos :)

Posted

I cannot say about other monsters, but Hekaru is pretty easy for two players, one to direct the boat, another to man the cannon. Took us about 40 shots, but we were learning how to aim and maneuver on our first try. It will take a lot less with some practice. It was on Epheria Sailboat with basic green accessories. Hekaru dropped 5 of his item and that ended up processing into 11 ingots (it seems to be standard 1-4 per processing attempt).

1 person likes this

Posted

I cannot say about other monsters, but Hekaru is pretty easy for two players, one to direct the boat, another to man the cannon. Took us about 40 shots, but we were learning how to aim and maneuver on our first try. It will take a lot less with some practice. It was on Epheria Sailboat with basic green accessories. Hekaru dropped 5 of his item and that ended up processing into 11 ingots (it seems to be standard 1-4 per processing attempt).

Does it have to be your guildie or a random pt?

Posted (edited)

Guild has nothing to do with it. The loot dropped is labeled Guild because you can sell it to a guild manager for guild funds.

If you use your own epheria sailboat and not a guild galley, you'll have to buy the cannonballs with your own money. Or craft them.

You can solo hekarus and ocean stalkers. Just park your boat next to it and keep shooting until it dies. You'll have to repair after each kill though because your boat will have about 40% hp left. You should be able to kill one with ~40 cannonballs.

They will drop the material needed for the craft, and also something called sea monster neidan, which you can sell for guild money, it has no other use.

Loot weighs alot, so bring some materials(flax, iron crystals) with you so you can process them into gear ingredients on the spot. Once you are overweight because of the neidans, just go back to the nearest city and put them in the guild storage. You don't need a guild house for this, just press G and then the storage icon. When you are finished hunting for the day go to a city with a guild manager (calpheon, heidel, etc.) take out the neidans and sell them to the guild manager. Each one is worth 100k guild funds.

Your cannon operator can be anyone as long as you are in a party. Keep in mind though, only the person going close to the dead monster gets loot. Or their pets. Be quick about it too cause the corpses like to disappear fast.

So instead of needing guild funds to do this, you'll actually be earning guild funds in the process.

Edited by Avaform
1 person likes this

Posted

The Hekaru and Ocean stakers can be done solo but you will need to return to port to repair after each fight.

Does it have to be your guildie or a random pt?

You can make a party with anyone but random people are going to want to share the loot.

If you party with a guildie you can also trade the items using the guild storage or the guild ship.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ooh, okay. Thank you so much for your replies! 

Posted

finished all of those mats yesterday, except for the blue whale tendons (noone wants to whalehunt it seems)

with green +2/3 parts you can solo hekarus and stalkers pretty easy, you will have to go back to repair your ship after every fight. (with +3 green cannon it takes ~42-43 hits) Once you get 2-3 of the blue parts (get the sail last, since the sail needs the most resources of all and doesnt provide any ap/dp) you should be able to kill 2 monsters each time. My 3 blue boat parts were all +4, and i usually had around 5-10% ship hp leftover after killing 2 hekarus. with the +4 elena cannon, they take about ~34-35 hits, so not that much of a difference even though the ap is almost doubled.

You might want to try making some of those new ship repair kits (repair 2% ship hp each) to be on the safe side and so you wont have to drive all the way back without a sail. (the mast breaks below 10% ship hp which drastically slows you down)

Posted

The Hekaru and Ocean stakers can be done solo but you will need to return to port to repair after each fight.

Just ram them with q attack, can kill 3-4 before repairing

Posted

Just ram them with q attack, can kill 3-4 before repairing

tried that countless times, have only been able to actually hit them once, i tried everything from ramming from further away so i "stop" right in front of the monster, to starting to ram when the monster is right in front of me and everything in between, any tips on this or are they just desyncing like crazy?