• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert 4 years ago ...... What happened to you ...?

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

BLACK DESERT 4 YEARS AGO

Play calm and enjoying. Explore your huge world. Meet the best MMORPG ever created. Live a real adventure... and it's part of it.

Correct position of the camera. Clean HUD. Realistic movement speed. Realistic combat speed. Correct lighting both day and day. Correct immersion ... A magnificent game.

BLACK DESERT TODAY......

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!   KILL! KILL! KILL!   GRIND! GRIND! GRIND!   FARM! FARM! FARM!

THE MOST IMPORTANT IS TO BE HIGH LEVEL TO HAVE GOOD ACCURACY!

Yes, this video is in real time .... You only have to see at the speed that runs the time of the Buffs.

What happened to you, Black Desert...?

Can not you see what you've become...? T_T

Edited by Lobo Necrodes
10 people like this

Posted

I would also like to add something ... when this game launched at there were sooo many players around me, I had no problems with running 60fps stable all the time on my R9 390 GPU.

Now I get down to 20fps when running in City ... what's up with that?

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would also like to add something ... when this game launched at there were sooo many players around me, I had no problems with running 60fps stable all the time on my R9 390 GPU.

I have the same problem as you with 300Mbs of internet and a PC of +1,500 €

Edited by Lobo Necrodes

Posted

The last video is at speed x2?

Ooh... no it isn't...

Posted

The last video is at speed x2?

Ooh... no it isn't...

No, that video is in real time .... You only have to see at the speed that runs the time of the Buffs.

Posted

It's still the same,imo, Lol. I play calmly & enjoy everything still. 
That last video though, i would sacrifice orphans to get their Frame rate, ugh. So jealous.

2 people like this

Posted

Same here, using a R9 290 also i tried a Zotac and indeed, their performance sucks now.

Posted

It's still the same,imo, Lol. I play calmly & enjoy everything still. 
That last video though, i would sacrifice orphans to get their Frame rate, ugh. So jealous.

You can play quiet, but you will always be behind. You will never be able to fight face-to-face with other players because the current rhythm of the game is HECTIC, and the Accurary breaks all PvP and PvE balance ......
Black Desert was not like that before, its pace of play was calm and leisurely and nobody could about come out so much to play 24 hours a day.... The pace of the game was slow and enjoyable, for ALL.

Posted

Idk. I played 3 days, than I try to switch to other character and done. No more BDO. Slowly-laggy login, crowded servers... and online datas stop loading. The game tries to "catch up" after 3 minutes. 5000 system message in chat and 300 marketplace popup messages in 20 seconds... Than you DC-ed. GGWP. Maybe nex time! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

7700k 50-80 fps in city.....100 fps open world at 3440x1440 on 1080ti.

Posted

The gameplay being more "enjoyable" at a slower pace is subjective. I've always thought the original vids look rather boring compared to what we have now.  Maybe it's fun for someone that wants to attack mobs and look at animations, however as a PvPer I prefer having to make split second decisions. Despite its flaws, BDO is still one of the few(not WoW) MMOs with a strong player base. 

2 people like this

Posted

Yea ok.

So you post 3 videos. One of Seiges, Two of low level characters grinding (slowest part of any MMO game) and one of some weather effects.

Then you post a video of one Ranger at max level grinding on some Light Green colored mobs.

What happened to BDO?.................people leveled and can kill stuff faster.............<mind boggle>

16 people like this

Posted

The gameplay being more "enjoyable" at a slower pace is subjective. I've always thought the original vids look rather boring compared to what we have now.  Maybe it's fun for someone that wants to attack mobs and look at animations, however as a PvPer I prefer having to make split second decisions. Despite its flaws, BDO is still one of the few(not WoW) MMOs with a strong player base. 

The combats of this game are based more on AP / DP and Acc. than on decisions...

Maybe that's why the game has become so frantic...

Yea ok.

So you post 3 videos. One of Seiges, Two of low level characters grinding (slowest part of any MMO game) and one of some weather effects.

Then you post a video of one Ranger at max level grinding on some Light Green colored mobs.

What happened to BDO?.................people leveled and can kill stuff faster.............<mind boggle>

Did not understand anything ... What you should see is the comparison between the speed of attacks and speed of mobility ...

1 person likes this

Posted

I played in some of the early KR betas, and there are specific things I miss, but overall, the game has improved drastically since then.

The one thing I do miss are some of the animations. It's apparent they went for a more realistic feel. When you're start running, you'd enter a jog animation, then a run animation if you tapped shift, and then a sprint animation if you held shift. They removed the jog animation entirely, and then made run and sprint drastically faster. It does look rather silly now, but I understand why they made the change. The world is huge. The old movement speed would make it extremely slow to traverse the world whenever you didn't have access to a horse. Maybe they could have done it differently though, like keeping the jog animation and specifically making sprint faster and last longer.

Combat speed change was an overall good change. It made combat overall more exciting, and I don't think the faster animations in combat look bad.

One specific thing I miss is the fence vault animation. That was a nice way to quickly get over small thing objects, but it was removed (I assume because you could do it by accident while climbing tall buildings and fall down). This is what the animation looked like: http://www.fluffyquack.com/temp/bd-fencevault.webm

3 people like this

Posted

The Korean players didn't like a lot about it and they had to change things to meet their target audiences wants and needs.

2 people like this

Posted

I am also a PvP player and I always play competitive games, tournaments and everything I can, and I have been in this for almost 20 years, but it is not the same "fast decisions" and "movements without logical control". I want "quick decisions" (I always play "Assassin" classes and I'm not good at playing "slow" classes) but I also want "logical and strategic combat". And in Black Desert there is none of this ... all there is is ACCURACY. If you have high ACCURACY you will damage, if you have ACCURACY under you will fail all the blows; It is ridiculous to fight in Black Desert...

Yea ok.

We are talking about "execution times" and "performance quality" in this Post..... It does not affect the level of the characters, nor the level of the enemies. With all my respects: I think you are not understanding the purpose of this Post: S

I played in some of the early KR betas, and there are specific things I miss, but overall, the game has improved drastically since then.

The one thing I do miss are some of the animations. It's apparent they went for a more realistic feel. When you're start running, you'd enter a jog animation, then a run animation if you tapped shift, and then a sprint animation if you held shift. They removed the jog animation entirely, and then made run and sprint drastically faster. It does look rather silly now, but I understand why they made the change. The world is huge. The old movement speed would make it extremely slow to traverse the world whenever you didn't have access to a horse. Maybe they could have done it differently though, like keeping the jog animation and specifically making sprint faster and last longer.

Combat speed change was an overall good change. It made combat overall more exciting, and I don't think the faster animations in combat look bad.

One specific thing I miss is the fence vault animation. That was a nice way to quickly get over small thing objects, but it was removed (I assume because you could do it by accident while climbing tall buildings and fall down). This is what the animation looked like: http://www.fluffyquack.com/temp/bd-fencevault.webm

I do not think the problem is the speed of movement, I think the problem is how focused the level system and missions are. Today you go from Heidel to Calpheon, from Calpheon to Epheria, from Epheria to Valencia, from Valencia to Tarif, from Tarif to Glish, etc... all this 50 times a day, and I do not see it correct. The game should be focused as an adventure, reach a city and live adventures for days or even weeks there, without having to move from one city to another constantly. That way you would feel that you are progressing little by little and that you are getting more and more into the game. So I think the problem is the focus of the game and not the speed of movement, and the solution should have been applied to the game approach and not to the speed of movement...

Regarding the animations, I also made less than enough and the one you mentioned is one of the most missed. The game should not constantly make modifications to help players not make mistakes as if they were small children or silly people; It is the users who would have to learn not to make foolish mistakes, and learn to play TRUE, not only believe that they know how to do it......

I missed the time when video games were difficult and challenging for the players, and you struggled to overcome them. Today video games are easy and repetitive, and the content is summed up in "repeating the same thing over and over again"; It's a little ridiculous all of this, and I think that, in part, it's a step back in the video game industry.

Posted

looking at thoses CBT video, make me indeed want to have something a bit more "slow paced" BUT also setting "technic" ahead.

But for that, mob would need to be something else than dumb sandbag with more or less HP & more or less attack power.

Posted

It's kind of obvious looking at the videos while they changed it if people are talking about movement speed and attack speed.

I can easily see how that would be considered "slow" combat nowdays.

Most likely they got feedback on it. I would have given the same.

The combats of this game are based more on AP / DP and Acc. than on decisions...

Maybe that's why the game has become so frantic...

Did not understand anything ... What you should see is the comparison between the speed of attacks and speed of mobility ...

Posted

In the first video, he kills a mob and it shows exper float. Is that a setting or did it get removed?

Posted

so you compare the gameplay of a lvl 1 to a lvl 60 ...... ? and you cry that it's not calm enough and it's too fast wtf ? 

Posted

Sick ranger gameplay I must say.. But as someone who plays a ranger as one of his main toons I can tell you that IS sped up.. and yes I looked at the buff timers they were going a little fast.  it's probably about 1.25 faster than normal.  Not saying current gameplay isn't fast.  it is but not as fast as that video makes out. Also ranger is one of the fastest playing classes... you're like going 100 miles an hr at all times to successfully play ranger.  Other classes are a little more ponderous like warrior etc. 

I found the movement and some of the attacks in the beta videos to be slow and ponderous but I did feel the lighting was a bit better and more realistic... I liked that.  I get your point about maybe slowing down the combat a little but hard to say how that would impact the game at this point.   Maybe a happy medium between the two?  i certainly wouldn't want those slow movement speeds like I'm running through molassas. 

The UI looks a bit janky and I think we just need more ESO like options to only have bars show up when needed... you can turn off many of the UI elements actually so that's not a real issue... maybe have an "Immersive" mode that is the screenshot mode with just the bare essentials.  Or give us the option to hide more UI panels. 

The original Sorc animations Tho.... damn I want those back!  lol.   shooting lightning like that looks sick!

Posted

I understand what you say, but the solution is not that a player can remove part of the interface, because that would be a disadvantage compared to other players who had it active, so the solution would be "all the same interface world," and logically The current interface is much more cluttered than the old one (it's also prettier, but you can keep the "pretty" aesthetic and clutter less, both at the same time).

I personally prefer a slower combat system and feel more realistic, I do not care if while I fight I'm thinking "this is very slow" because that's how it should be. The problem is that 2.017 players have it FAST and they want it NOW, and my opinion is: "They do not know how to enjoy a game, they only know how to burn it for a month and then get bored repeating the same thing over and over again."

You are currently playing Black Desert level 1 and 8 hours later you are level 56, what's so funny? Within 3 months you will have all [TET] and you will be crying because you are looking for new content (I am not talking about anyone specifically, I speak in general, the average user of today). The pace should be slower. The problem is that the most important thing in Black Desert is Level: If you do not have level you always fail the blows and if you have 2-3 levels above your enemy you will kill him with ease. Black Desert has a great combat system, one player should be able to beat another by his level as a player, not by his Level ..... Everything is summarized in "Level, Level, Level, Level", it's ridiculous. A level 60 player can have 120AP and 240DP, and a level 55 player can have 190AP and 330 DP, it does not matter because player 60 will win 100% of the matches, all thanks to Accuracy. All this accelerates the rhythm of the game by having players invest 100% of their time in Level, Level, Level ... it's game becomes boring and very, very repetitive.

And yes, there are players who do other things, but let's face it, those players will never do anything in PvP and this game is full PvP. Professions have no "real" weight inside the game.

That's why you have to slow down the game, or at least make a Server for players who want to ENJOY Black Desert, and do not want to do exactly the same thing every minute of play every day ...

Posted (edited)

What? Where your stats end up is the first decision you make as a player. Also, If you're saying that you just mindless spam your skills without trying to bait/avoid major hits, counting the cds of your opponent's major attacks, or adjusting your combos depending on the situation, then you are doing it wrong as a PvPer.  

I am also a PvP player and I always play competitive games, tournaments and everything I can, and I have been in this for almost 20 years, but it is not the same "fast decisions" and "movements without logical control". I want "quick decisions" (I always play "Assassin" classes and I'm not good at playing "slow" classes) but I also want "logical and strategic combat". And in Black Desert there is none of this ... all there is is ACCURACY. If you have high ACCURACY you will damage, if you have ACCURACY under you will fail all the blows; It is ridiculous to fight in Black Desert...

Accuracy doesn't completely negate the skill required by the player. Accuracy is a common stat in most RPGs and one you almost always build for if able(unless the base is already high).

Edited by Ace_SiN

Posted

They moved more of the game server side instead of client side to prevent hacking, unfortunately we suffer until they get better servers or they get better anti cheat and move it back client side

Posted

That's pretty darn nice