• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert 4 years ago ...... What happened to you ...?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

I understand what you say, but the solution is not that a player can remove part of the interface, because that would be a disadvantage compared to other players who had it active, so the solution would be "all the same interface world," and logically The current interface is much more cluttered than the old one (it's also prettier, but you can keep the "pretty" aesthetic and clutter less, both at the same time).

I personally prefer a slower combat system and feel more realistic, I do not care if while I fight I'm thinking "this is very slow" because that's how it should be. The problem is that 2.017 players have it FAST and they want it NOW, and my opinion is: "They do not know how to enjoy a game, they only know how to burn it for a month and then get bored repeating the same thing over and over again."

You are currently playing Black Desert level 1 and 8 hours later you are level 56, what's so funny? Within 3 months you will have all [TET] and you will be crying because you are looking for new content (I am not talking about anyone specifically, I speak in general, the average user of today). The pace should be slower. The problem is that the most important thing in Black Desert is Level: If you do not have level you always fail the blows and if you have 2-3 levels above your enemy you will kill him with ease. Black Desert has a great combat system, one player should be able to beat another by his level as a player, not by his Level ..... Everything is summarized in "Level, Level, Level, Level", it's ridiculous. A level 60 player can have 120AP and 240DP, and a level 55 player can have 190AP and 330 DP, it does not matter because player 60 will win 100% of the matches, all thanks to Accuracy. All this accelerates the rhythm of the game by having players invest 100% of their time in Level, Level, Level ... it's game becomes boring and very, very repetitive.

And yes, there are players who do other things, but let's face it, those players will never do anything in PvP and this game is full PvP. Professions have no "real" weight inside the game.

That's why you have to slow down the game, or at least make a Server for players who want to ENJOY Black Desert, and do not want to do exactly the same thing every minute of play every day ...

The problem is that getting gear takes too long, along with their combination of PvP. For pvp you prefer slower paced, I and others prefer faster paced. There's a lot of problems in this game, RNG to get gear, RNG in pvp (resists) and some classes being linear or losing out on non-awakening options because awakening is so good that you're stuck using the same few combos and that's it, continuously, DP/evasion meta- but it's not necessarily the problems you say they are. If people can level up or get advantages, they will, if they had no advantages then they'd have mostly no reason to do anything other than being a time waste or for aesthetics rewards. The majority of players probably wouldn't want that. A lot could change, there could be a relatively easy level cap, gear couldn't be as much of a different as it is, RNG for enhancing could be removed, RNG in pvp could be removed.

If it took even longer than it does now,  it's likely that a lot of players would jump ship. A lot of people already think it takes too long and it's frustrating. Take a journey and increase or decrease it. People will run into things more or less, find new things. But, when people stop finding new things it becomes easier for them to be normalized to it and to not find it as riveting, interesting or even worthy of mention. That's diminishing returns on people. When you're learning something new it seems big, and when you get use to it, it's not a big deal. That lightness of starting anew fades as you gradually become used to it. That's just how it is. There doesn't seem to be any way to avoid that entirely, basically everything has been done before whether it's stories or content in expansions for games. Same stuff, different colors, you catch on and get bored, you don't get the same passion out of it.

I'm well aware of many people only wanting instant gratification, not having patience, but things being elongated isn't always a benefit either.

Grinding is really useless to me, occasionally I'll be in the mood to, but it's monotonous, I've done it before, everyone has. If I want to practice muscle memory or combos, or spacing, I'll do that, I don't need a carrot on a stick attached to gear for that. This game could have great PvP, but it's bogged down by things that trivialize skill, similar to League.

2 people like this

Posted

Game looks better now than it did then imo. The lag is shit though

Posted

They moved more of the game server side instead of client side to prevent hacking, unfortunately we suffer until they get better servers or they get better anti cheat and move it back client side

they cannot move those functions back tot he client. It was hack job putting them into the client in order to push higher framerates. they had to know the holes they left in the client would have to patched destroying gameplay.

Posted

But - at the end of the day - it is STILL a single user program played my many people. They haven't figured out what teamwork is all about.

Posted

Op makes a thread with old videos of low lvl gameplay (low lvl gameplay is always slow)
Then shows a lvl 60 in kamis region ,high lvl,lota skills,Of course it looks different.

The only difference today is the majority of the forum does nothing but purposely find
everything they can to cry about.  Which is probably the reason the new forums come
in 3 days and this all gets turned off,except for replies for 10 days. Because this forum
is toxic. And in the new one i bet they have the ability to automate searchterm and auto
close posts that involve whatever titles and words they see fit because the children
were let loose running with scissors for too long. Now it's time to duct tape them
to the wall again and stop this sjw toxic propaganda train that is the BDO forums.

If you look at the last 4 months of the bdo forums,It's nothing but trolls convincing people
to become trolls and then re-troll each other. And scare away as many new comers
As possible with little facts and citing no sources. The entitlement has run rampant
and it's time to reel it back in.

08b33216556945e7c3ec9a99b351c0ff.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Exploration and life skill activity in open World is nice in our version too. That targeting circle is not in game, but I don't miss it.  I think we can handle stupid effects. Blur/DoF/extra lights... Or does it static? Wizard's skill were never irritating for me in my settings. :D

But creators of this marketplace popups were evil terrorist. This is one of the worst things in this game. How can I turn it off? Oh, non optional effect?!?

Default settings of chat is idiotic too. Most of the players want to see flood of stupid marketplace messages. Sure.

Posted

>playing BDO for the combat

lol 

Posted (edited)

>playing BDO for the combat

lol 

Hey dremmy,how does it feel to lose 3526 community points and 4,550 posts in 3 days? :D

h3h3-ethan-shrunk-face.jpg

Inb4 you quote me and say 4551 to correct me.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Hey dremmy,how does it feel to lose 3526 community points and 4,550 posts in 3 days? :D

Good then people won't know what a -----ing degenerate i am immediately from looking at me. 

Posted

Good then people won't know what a -----ing degenerate i am immediately from looking at me. 

=/ but your degeneracy is what attracted me to you....
Look what we could have been ....

1o9kt0.jpg

You will regret this.

1 person likes this

Posted

If there are so many users post complaining, it is because most people prefer the Black Desert four years ago........ ¬¬'

Posted

If there are so many users post complaining, it is because most people prefer the Black Desert four years ago........ ¬¬'

That's a long reaching statement there unless you surveyed most people.

Otherwise, its just the normal forum riders who take up their personal banner of righteousness. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, clearly Black Desert is not what it promised it would be. It is not the most realistic MMORPG in the world, as it has always claimed to be, nor is it the deepest. One thing is for sure, it's the most repetitive MMORPG I've played in 20 years, and its gameplay makes no sense. Why do we have to repeat the same processes so many times? Is not it easier to repeat them less often but in more difficult and fun ways?

Killing Kzarka 100 times to be able to change 100 souls for a weapon, seriously, this is the EndGame content of the game? : S
Hello, year 2.017, the technological revolution of the MMORPGs is here!

Ragnarok Online already knew how to do much better in 2.002 ......

Neverwinter Nights knew how to do better in 1.991..... The Artificial Intelligence of its enemies was more realistic and difficult than the one of Black Desert .... ¬¬'

Posted

I wish they kept the upgrading screen which involved campfire.

Posted

similar to League.

Can you elaborate what you mean by this?

Posted

Well, clearly Black Desert is not what it promised it would be. It is not the most realistic MMORPG in the world, as it has always claimed to be, nor is it the deepest. One thing is for sure, it's the most repetitive MMORPG I've played in 20 years, and its gameplay makes no sense. Why do we have to repeat the same processes so many times? Is not it easier to repeat them less often but in more difficult and fun ways?

Killing Kzarka 100 times to be able to change 100 souls for a weapon, seriously, this is the EndGame content of the game? : S

Neverwinter Nights knew how to do better in 1.991..... The Artificial Intelligence of its enemies was more realistic and difficult than the one of Black Desert .... ¬¬'

Then either go play those games, post a suggestion to the Devs in the Suggestions Forum, go build your own "golden MMO" or just go play something else.

Coming here complaining about Beta/Alpha footage from 4 years ago when clearly the game has shifted directions a little bit makes no sense. You had 4 years to make a decision. You had countless videos from KR that you could have watched. You had more than enough data to do your own personal research in order to make an informed decision on how to spend your money.

Your choice at the end of the day.

2 people like this

Posted

Can you elaborate what you mean by this?

League of Legends

Another game that had a lot of potential, along with helping esports but the managers of the game and the community squandered it because they don't care about skill as much as other things along with pretending that it requires a tremendous amount of skill at high level play.

Posted

Then either go play those games, post a suggestion to the Devs in the Suggestions Forum, go build your own "golden MMO" or just go play something else.
Coming here complaining about Beta/Alpha footage from 4 years ago when clearly the game has shifted directions a little bit makes no sense. You had 4 years to make a decision. You had countless videos from KR that you could have watched. You had more than enough data to do your own personal research in order to make an informed decision on how to spend your money.

Your choice at the end of the day.

Well, I think I'm able to decide for myself what to do with my free time, thank you :)

Black Desert is not what it promised to be, it's not a realistic MMORPG, and not deep. It's a normal MMORPG of the pile, with very good textures (Only textures, the graphics are also very normal. It has no volumetric light, its graphics engine does not have a single physical, it is the most poping game I've ever seen ........) and a combat system copied 100% of "Continent 9 Online".

In short, a mediocre MMORPG, you could get very far and you will not get anything if it continues like this. Exactly the same as TERA Rising, Blade & Soul, ArcheAge and many others before. Why should my opinion stop me? I am free to express it as many times as I want, and that I do :)

Posted

Well, I think I'm able to decide for myself what to do with my free time, thank you :)

Black Desert is not what it promised to be, it's not a realistic MMORPG, and not deep. It's a normal MMORPG of the pile, with very good textures (Only textures, the graphics are also very normal. It has no volumetric light, its graphics engine does not have a single physical, it is the most poping game I've ever seen ........) and a combat system copied 100% of "Continent 9 Online".

In short, a mediocre MMORPG, you could get very far and you will not get anything if it continues like this. Exactly the same as TERA Rising, Blade & Soul, ArcheAge and many others before. Why should my opinion stop me? I am free to express it as many times as I want, and that I do :)

You are free to express it. But I will ask why do you keep expressing it?

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you posting this to have a debate with people? To draw comments? To just clear the air and rant?

After a while of continous "Game X is better than BDO, and so is Game Y", it starts to get pointless.

Posted

Because I like to see people who think like me, so I realize that fortunately not all people on Planet Earth have gone crazy ... yet.

Posted

the real question is, why are you doing the same thing over and over? 

Posted

the real question is, why are you doing the same thing over and over? 

Because in this game the only thing that matters, TRUE, is the "Accuracy" and the most notable way to get it, is to Level. So in summary you always do the same, KILL, KILL, KILL; GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, KILL, KILL, KILL, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND........ 

Black Desert is a game that does not have PvE (The person who thinks Black Desert has PvE, is because he has not seen PvE in his life .......). In Black Desert the professions are of no use. Gathering, Procesing, Fishing, Trade, Training ... let's face it, none of the professions are for ANYTHING IN ABSOLUTE in Black Desert, they do not contribute anything, nor do you need them for anything.

The only thing that matters in this game is the "Accurary" and is achieved by raising Level. With 8 hours of leleving each day, you rise from level 1 to level 60 in 2 weeks at most.

Then there's the team. What is the easiest way to get equipment? Go get it. No, lie, the easiest way to get equipment is to buy it. With 8 hours of leveling every day and a little trade, you can get every day about 60-100 million silver. The easiest way to get equipment is (the same as always) KILL, KILL, KILL, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, and then buy equipment to upload it.

You will play Black Desert for a year, you will get the best Team [TET], and what have you done for a year to get it? KILL, KILL, KILL, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND.

I really mean it, the person who does not talk about this, does not know the fastest and easiest way to get a PJ Level 60 and Full [TET]. And the person who is not looking for a PJ well, does not realize that the only Black Desert Endgame content is "War of Nodes" and "Siege of Castles", POINT AND FINAL; there is nothing else. That is the end of this game.

Posted (edited)

The last video is at speed x2?

Ooh... no it isn't...

seems like it

Most repetitive ?

You have not played FFXIV have you.

Edit: If Ragnarok did it better, then tell me why did that game die again ?

Edited by Visnja

Posted

Lmfao that was hilarious. Watch the first video and the music is all chill and peaceful.... then watch the latest video and you hear some crazy fast paced shit haha with a bunch of skill spamming and madness

1 person likes this

Posted

seems like it

Most repetitive ?
You have not played FFXIV have you.

Edit: If Ragnarok did it better, then tell me why did that game die again ?

FFXIV is a payment game and that's why I did not add it to this Post, but yes, FFXIV is also a good game, and for my taste FFXI was even more so. About Ragnarok Online, just to say that it is not a dead game, is a game that 15 years later still maintains millions of players all over the world, and without a doubt, it is the game with more Pirate Servers and full of people that may have .