• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are the dev's or GM's going to acknowledge that half the channels are broken and completely unusable by the majority of the player base?

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Is there a plan to fix the issue that half the current channels are completely unusable by the majority of the player base? With the server merge and increase in population, that population is now crammed into half of the channels originally intended to support them. All the reverse proxy channels are completely unusable and have led to countless deaths and gem losses. Is there a plan to fix it? Or are they just ignoring this and pretending it isnt a massive problem.

Pvp is impossible on these channels. Boss hunting is a complete joke on these channels. Grinding is out of the questions because you just randomly desynch and die. Are these the pve life skill only channels now?

Posted

by the majority of the player base?

Source? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Source? 

Where is your source of asking for the source for the source?

11 people like this

Posted

Source? 

Check World and Server Group chat, nothing else to say.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nope.

Posted

If you're on an odd channel, you're gonna have a bad time. From my own personal experience, I was farming sausan's on a low level alt on an odd channel, and was getting huge lag spikes. Had solid FPS, was throwning spells out, and if it wasn't for my alt having my main's gear on him, he would of died because of all the lagged attacks received.

As soon as I swapped to an even channel, the grinding was back to normal. No lag, no rubberbanding, no hitting loading screens. Nothing.

It doesn't affect everyone at the same time though, as I was doing an odd channel Kzarka the day before and had no lag issues, but my officer and a guild member both experienced lag - my officer disconnecting because of it.

There's a reason the odd channels are usually not crowded now a days..

Posted

If you're on an odd channel, you're gonna have a bad time. From my own personal experience, I was farming sausan's on a low level alt on an odd channel, and was getting huge lag spikes. Had solid FPS, was throwning spells out, and if it wasn't for my alt having my main's gear on him, he would of died because of all the lagged attacks received.

As soon as I swapped to an even channel, the grinding was back to normal. No lag, no rubberbanding, no hitting loading screens. Nothing.

It doesn't affect everyone at the same time though, as I was doing an odd channel Kzarka the day before and had no lag issues, but my officer and a guild member both experienced lag - my officer disconnecting because of it.

There's a reason the odd channels are usually not crowded now a days..

Odd or not i'm getting disconnected time to time. No stability at all. 

Posted

Are the dev's or GM's going to acknowledge that half the channels are broken and completely unusable by the majority of the player base?

No. No they won't.  Nor do they seem to give a shit whatsoever.

This is probably the worst host I've seen for an MMO besides TRION Worlds and right now.... I can't believe I'm going to say it but I think TRINO is actually better than this company.

5 people like this

Posted

To answer your original post's question:

No.

Posted

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for contacting me about the stability issues.  This matter has our full attention, but unfortunately the complexity of the matter prevents us from a quick resolutions. Despite any difficulties found while we investigate the matter, we will remain diligent in our efforts and hope to see this resolved as soon as possible.

My personal apologies for the difficulty this may have caused you.

-Jouska 

Posted

Fixing these issues isn't something that can just be Done.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I try to switch character (without restart game) after 3 days... Bad idea. I had 0 problems before, I am betveen offline and loading mode after. Online datas (NPC, chat, system  and useless marketplace popup messages) are not working for 3 minutes, than the system tries to write/popup all in some seconds,, than I got nice DC.  GM thinks this is my fault. Fix my network! :D

(I have 0 problems in other Multiplayer games like RTS, H&S and other MMOs + I palyed 60 hours without problem in BDO too)

So.. this is not fine. Start new server in separated "region" and let us play without this cagefights! Let us spend money! Ok-ok. SA will get new server, but I am weak in "latino" (too).

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

Source? 

i got some videos of the massive lag on some of the channels if ya want pm me

Posted

Fixing these issues isn't something that can just be Done.

Yes, but they could move node/territory wars off those two channels... but they don't cause lazy.

Posted (edited)

Is there a plan to fix the issue that half the current channels are completely unusable by the majority of the player base? With the server merge and increase in population, that population is now crammed into half of the channels originally intended to support them. All the reverse proxy channels are completely unusable and have led to countless deaths and gem losses. Is there a plan to fix it? Or are they just ignoring this and pretending it isnt a massive problem.

Pvp is impossible on these channels. Boss hunting is a complete joke on these channels. Grinding is out of the questions because you just randomly desynch and die. Are these the pve life skill only channels now?

There is not a single channel that gives me lag,I honestly do not understand what people are talking about,And no i am not life skilling when i am testing.
Call me a white knight if you will,But i honestly see no reason to lie as i am not trolling. West coast of usa here.

Edited by Freeway

Posted (edited)

Source? 

The source has already been provided on the forums.  This topic was plastered everywhere for a while until the player base started figuring out it's only happening on certain channels.  It's IMPORTANT TO NOTE THIS INFORMATION DID NOT COME FROM ANY OF KAKAO EMPLOYEES

When you combine the amount of players experiencing this issue you get a nice tally.  You can then multiply that by all the people who do not post or would not post redundant information.

Additionally you can also speculate ACCURATELY that a major issue like this would affect players by entire regions, service providers, and locations.

SO YES IT AFFECTED A LOT OF PLAYERS

#YOU_GOT_SERVED

Edited by feebleone

Posted (edited)

The source has already been provided on the forums.  This topic was plastered everywhere for a while until the player base started figuring out it's only happening on certain channels.  It's IMPORTANT TO NOTE THIS INFORMATION DID NOT COME FROM ANY OF KAKAO EMPLOYEES

When you combine the amount of players experiencing this issue you get a nice tally.  You can then multiply that by all the people who do not post or would not post redundant information.

Additionally you can also speculate ACCURATELY that a major issue like this would affect players by entire regions, service providers, and locations.

SO YES IT AFFECTED A LOT OF PLAYERS

#YOU_GOT_SERVED

so your saying there's no source? Did you read your own post?

Edited by Freeway

Posted

The source:

TESTIFY!!  AMEN!!

OH HEAR YE BROTHER!
TESTIFY

Posted

Stop nitpicking...seriously. Everyone that plays this game with any regularity will tell you the 1,3,5 channels are usually FUKKED and stay off of them unless you like losing XP and gems.

Posted

You can clearly see a concentration of players no the channels 2/4/6 as those list as crowded most of the time compared to the odd numbers. When you go on the 1/3/5 channels people are screaming about lag and de-synchs / disconnects. This affects ALOT of players. Maybe not everyone, but everyone in my guild (100%) reports problems on the odd numbered channels.

Posted

Odd or not i'm getting disconnected time to time. No stability at all. 

I'm having the same issues. I keep rubber banding and channel resets. I got disconnected 2x just about 5 minutes ago.

Posted

Sure, it might not be an easy quick fix, but they dont have to be completly silent and keep us in the dark. 

Just makes them look like theyre doing nothing and have no care factor 

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys act like you're all surprised. They have been Walmarting their servers since launch. 

Posted

You guys act like you're all surprised. They have been Walmarting their servers since launch. 

to be fair, they had a great coupon deal for those servers.