• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are the dev's or GM's going to acknowledge that half the channels are broken and completely unusable by the majority of the player base?

118 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Love how no responses from the support team and dev team about this  do any of you play your own game

Edited by Ezkeal

Posted

I'm in a extra large size active guild, there are more than 25 active member online average. ALL MY GUILD MEMBERS noticed the lag spike in some of the channels such as B1, C1 or others. Also I can see people complain about the lag spike in channel chat 24/7 none stop.

I don't know what kind of people can still assume that those people who are complaining server lag are not "majority", do they even play this game? 

Posted

I guess it's mostly an American issue, cause in Italy i never got disconnected (worst european connection more or less) and have max 1-2 lag spikes during day. Switching char isnt a problem at all

Posted (edited)

I guess it's mostly an American issue, cause in Italy i never got disconnected (worst european connection more or less) and have max 1-2 lag spikes during day. Switching char isnt a problem at all

EU server also have issues tho.

I play with like 25-75ping, and even in pve there is some "lag / delay" just go fight a ogre and you will see that, the damage will happen like 1-3sec after the  hit animation

Sure, its not insane lag ( even tho it also happen periodicaly ) but still its still far to be a very clean experience

Edited by woots

Posted

EU server also have issues tho.

I play with like 25-75ping, and even in pve there is some "lag / delay" just go fight a ogre and you will see that, the hit animation happen like 1-3sec before the actual damage hit happen.

Sure, its not insane lag ( even tho it also happen periodicaly ) but still its still far to be a very clean experience

I know about Ogre, sometimes they do weird movements cause of that

Usually have a 50-60ms ping. Honestly is not so dramatic like some users describe it. Have seen games much worst

Posted (edited)

I know about Ogre, sometimes they do weird movements cause of that

Usually have a 50-60ms ping. Honestly is not so dramatic like some users describe it. Have seen games much worst

Its already an issue for a action game if you cant even count on the "action reading", because i took the ogre as exemple, because its easy to notice that with that mod considering the "slow attack animation" but i dont doubt a sec its like that for every single mob, so all crappy designed one shot boss.

Its not the ubber insane lag others can experience, but its more than an issue for a correct fight. Which is, so far, one of the rare thing really interesting in that game.

Just that is not acceptable ( especialy how  thoses greed milk money super hard with the cash shop )

Edited by woots

Posted

I could be wrong but isn't Greece in a worse situation connection wise? :o 

Posted (edited)

I sent in a ticket a few weeks ago. They said they are aware of the server issues and have been looking at a fix. 

Im convinced that they rarely notify about things in the forums because these forums are full of flamers anyway.

Edited by Ninety

Posted

I could be wrong but isn't Greece in a worse situation connection wise? :o 

Probably yes, but still Italian's connections sucks so bad

Posted

VNTjrUs.gif

Let's ignore the fact that you're using a logical fallacy by making a statement and then asking for someone to disprove it. I have never stated that you or anyone is lying or not experiencing lag, however the issue is not the server because every single person in the game would then be having issues. We don't all have the same ISP, location or specs so the server is the only thing we have in common. If you consider me not having lag as being a douche then be my guest and think that, but there's no need for you to throw a tantrum just because I came in and asked for a source that the "vast majority" of the population is having issues. I'd like to see some evidence for this statement, namely what the current population of the game is as Kakao haven't released that information. 

I'm terribly sorry that I like to be logical and civil, I guess that makes me a rarity here. :) 

We have no idea what the architecture is. If it were true, that would be really funny.

Posted

Looking into one direction as witch, teleporting then ending up at a completely different direction is a great feeling, especially during nodewars. Even the teleport is RNG nowadays.

Posted

Sooooo.... This is still very much a thing. Any compensation coming our way for the over crowded areas? It's increasingly harder to find a grind spot during in game night cycle, and its way harder to hunt Violents when everyone is crammed into the same channels.

Dev's you going to acknowledge this yet?

Customer support level PLEB!

2017-05-03_1754257070.JPG

Posted

I've given up caring about the lag in this game. With all the good looking mmos being developed right now I doubt I'll be playing Black Desert by years end anyway. I'll most likely jump on the next mmo that enters open beta and play that until Ashes of Creation enters it's Alpha.....A game where the CEO of the company chats up its interested players weekly in discord vs a game where your lucky if a pleb answers a ticket within a few weeks? No contest 

Posted

I've given up caring about the lag in this game. With all the good looking mmos being developed right now I doubt I'll be playing Black Desert by years end anyway. I'll most likely jump on the next mmo that enters open beta and play that until Ashes of Creation enters it's Alpha.....A game where the CEO of the company chats up its interested players weekly in discord vs a game where your lucky if a pleb answers a ticket within a few weeks? No contest 

while I agree aoc looks awesome and I'm hyped open beta won't be till next year there are zero good mmos coming this year that are worth playing. 

Posted

while I agree aoc looks awesome and I'm hyped open beta won't be till next year there are zero good mmos coming this year that are worth playing. 

If you're looking for an MMO that is very, very different than the WoW/BDO style:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/466660/Stash/

Posted

Thing is that people who pvp or duel quite often are the ones that notice the delay, rubberbanding, desync the most. Especially when you are practising with friends or guildies while chatting on TS so you can talk about wtf just happened when you see people get instantly up from a KD or grab, get rubberbanded to the other side of the arena when they get CCed in SA...I very rarely have latency issues that are noticable while doing pve stuff, and only during weekends when the servers are loaded with people. As for nodewars, its just awful at times, close to unplayable which spoils the fun.

Posted

game is fine as is contact your isps and demand better routing to the game thats what Kakao tells us btw

Posted

No they wont say anything about the horrible performance on the servers

The only time they are going to start to care about talking to us is when the game starts dying.

That's how almost all MMO's are these days.

They will be sending us all emails for free pearls if we come back

I've seen this so many other times.