• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma greifing

141 posts in this topic

Posted

Its getting out of hand its time to bring back the xp loss on pvp death and get rid of Karma all together. PA gets to keep getting money from pearls and we get an actual pvp game. No one enjoys having some random person roll into their spot and try to take it even if the invader cant out farm them or kill them. It kills the fun of the game. This is essentially being sold as a PVP game considering the end game content that it has (or lack there of) so why should there be a karma system to punish people for defending their spot or being strong enough to push someone out? The game favors the greifer way too much and that needs to change. 

Posted

No one enjoys having some random person roll into their spot and try to take it even if the invader cant out farm them or kill them.

Really...

Posted

Really...

Yes really. Probably should have worded it a little different like "the spot their are grinding" but the intent is still the same 

Posted

why should there be a karma system to punish people for defending their spot or being strong enough to push someone out?

It's almost like... Law, wow. Like you can't be a ----- to people and kill them repeatedly.

PS: It's not your spot. It's never been your spot.

14 people like this

Posted

It's almost like... Law, wow. Like you can't be a ----- to people and kill them repeatedly.

PS: It's not your spot. It's never been your spot.

its not being a ----- if you are doing a guild mission and they wont switch channels. The person greifing is being a ----- at that point. Why are people so quick to defend karma greifers? 

Posted

its not being a ----- if you are doing a guild mission and they wont switch channels. The person greifing is being a ----- at that point. Why are people so quick to defend karma greifers? 

Because they are weak -----s with no friends who cant kill anyone or take a rotation themselves, and are in fact karma bombers.

3 people like this

Posted

There's half a dozen options for you to use, and your first thought for someone near you is "kill em, they're a jerk" Like really?

I always leave right away if you just say "hey, doing a gmission here, can you swap?". If you act like a jerk and flag up on me? No shit I'm gonna fight back and try to outgrind you.

2 people like this

Posted

There's half a dozen options for you to use, and your first thought for someone near you is "kill em, they're a jerk" Like really?

I always leave right away if you just say "hey, doing a gmission here, can you swap?". If you act like a jerk and flag up on me? No shit I'm gonna fight back and try to outgrind you.

ive tried that whole being nice thing and people are still dicks about it most of the time. If someone can kill you easily there is no way you are gunna out farm them short of if you are a musa and can maybe get there ahead of them. 

Posted

Its not like there is any benefit to them. Since they would be forced to share the grind spot with you as well. Just keep grinding next to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

The whole karma system is broken. They have to rework or remove the karma system but they wont...

1 person likes this

Posted

The Karma system minimises griefing to one thing that you can avoid. Bringing back penalties will make griefing far more widespread and much much harder to avoid.

I kinda love the fact new undergeared players can grief long term OP players. Of course...if you play smart you can't get griefed. But a lot of people fail to see that somehow...

5 people like this

Posted

Why not get rid of the issue altogether by removing exp penalty and adding individual loot pools while grinding in a party? Its not like players can abuse that kind of loot system since the game already doesn't have player-player trading.

For the most part everyone wins.

2 people like this

Posted

Yep, "karma bombing" sucks hard and the current karma system is nowhere near perfect. On the other hand...

Ever occurred to you that these facts also apply: 1) You do NOT own a spot, any spot. 2) Just because you and your guild decided to start a guild quest somewhere doesn't automatically give you the right to "claim" the whole area, just because, and for as long as you please. 3) Basic etiquette and communication can work wonders.

Could possibly inform any other players in the area about YOUR own guild quest, either ask them if they could perhaps move to another channel, party up with them (why not? They do their stuff and you do yours too), or you could be less greedy and settle for a part of the freaking area instead of "claiming" it all and screwing other people's stuff too.

I am just saying all that, because this is another one of the almost daily whiny threads on the subject, which has been exhausted a long time ago. If you are asking to be "griefed", rest assured you WILL, if you act like an arrogant jerk.

And yes I have seen it happening enough times, and the difference is always on how people approach and behave. I had people "invading" my little spot where I also try to complete a daily quest or whatever (though, as already mentioned, no one has specific ownership - but hey, you know the drill, you been there for a long time, not a soul around etc). Some of the people are courteous, perhaps they didn't even know I am doing some of my own stuff there, most of that kind of players will either move a bit further THEMSELVES, offer a party, ask how long I would need, well, COMMUNICATE. In that case there is never a problem, things are sorted out and everyone has their fun and stuff.

Or... you get the other kind of "people". Who will just walk in, in total disrespect, even attacking the specific mobs I have already started attacking, then proceed to mess up everything and on top of that all be rude, abusive and attempt to gank kill with numbers. Because they can? Yes, probably they can. So... I make them all more red than a baboon's arse. Why? Because I can too! And I will also stay there for all the time I can spare to make sure they have a bad time for ruining MY time for no reason. And for being jerks.

See how "karma griefing" happens and goes? In 99.9% of occasions it is just like this. The system might suck, but players of this kind are what is wrong in this (and any) game. And no system will ever be perfect, and if people really want to even "roleplay" being the asshat, fair enough, suck it up then and live with the consequences.

P.S. There is also a quite valid reason why the "karma system" was changed, originally in Korea, a LONG time ago. Not going to explain again, old story.

9 people like this

Posted

because ppl like u are cance r to the game  and U are the griefers ! .. U come to a spot and claim its "urs" .. we all know the stupid : "leave , spot taken bruh" . Just cuz outgear or outlevel the player on the spot . its ur own will to flag, so its ur own will to give up /spend ur Karma . Maybe one day ur rl-neighbour comes and visits u .. and then .. hey I like this appartment .. and now its mine .. he pulls a gun and chases u out of the house ..  I guess u would also excuse this and leave .. cuz .. well .. he was stonger then u  ????

Yep, "karma bombing" sucks hard and the current karma system is nowhere near perfect. On the other hand...

Ever occurred to you that these facts also apply: 1) You do NOT own a spot, any spot. 2) Just because you and your guild decided to start a guild quest somewhere doesn't automatically give you the right to "claim" the whole area, just because, and for as long as you please. 3) Basic etiquette and communication can work wonders.

Could possibly inform any other players in the area about YOUR own guild quest, either ask them if they could perhaps move to another channel, party up with them (why not? They do their stuff and you do yours too), or you could be less greedy and settle for a part of the freaking area instead of "claiming" it all and screwing other people's stuff too.

I am just saying all that, because this is another one of the almost daily whiny threads on the subject, which has been exhausted a long time ago. If you are asking to be "griefed", rest assured you WILL, if you act like an arrogant jerk.

And yes I have seen it happening enough times, and the difference is always on how people approach and behave. I had people "invading" my little spot where I also try to complete a daily quest or whatever (though, as already mentioned, no one has specific ownership - but hey, you know the drill, you been there for a long time, not a soul around etc). Some of the people are courteous, perhaps they didn't even know I am doing some of my own stuff there, most of that kind of players will either move a bit further THEMSELVES, offer a party, ask how long I would need, well, COMMUNICATE. In that case there is never a problem, things are sorted out and everyone has their fun and stuff.

Or... you get the other kind of "people". Who will just walk in, in total disrespect, even attacking the specific mobs I have already started attacking, then proceed to mess up everything and on top of that all be rude, abusive and attempt to gank kill with numbers. Because they can? Yes, probably they can. So... I make them all more red than a baboon's arse. Why? Because I can too! And I will also stay there for all the time I can spare to make sure they have a bad time for ruining MY time for no reason. And for being jerks.

See how "karma griefing" happens and goes? In 99.9% of occasions it is just like this. The system might suck, but players of this kind are what is wrong in this (and any) game. And no system will ever be perfect, and if people really want to even "roleplay" being the asshat, fair enough, suck it up then and live with the consequences.

P.S. There is also a quite valid reason why the "karma system" was changed, originally in Korea, a LONG time ago. Not going to explain again, old story.

<3 love ur answer mate , could not have said it any better

Posted

c07.jpg

Posted

There are no planned changes or even possible discussions of changes that could be planned in the future in any version of the game. BDO is a casual game, you will have to live with that for a long time. A few things to minimise karma greifing frustrations though

1. If you are grinding popular spots like pirates, always grind in a channel where atleast one other guild member is grinding, if you want to contest a spot from someone in a protected guild, you and your guild member/s jutgrind him front and back, after 5-10 mins they leave. Though ofcourse since this is pirates, you will have to repeat this probably least a couple of times an hour.

2. Dont grind pirates, girnd valencian zones, Make an alt zerker or ninja if you dont already main them, if the karma greifer is in a protected guild, Stunlock him into mobs, you dont go negative, its not your main so even if you die you lose nothing, at best he pearl resses a few times only to die again and again to mobs and lose all his IRL money, which in my opinion is far worse than xp.

3. If its a karma greifer from my guild, the rate is 10 artisan memory to declare on your guild, 20 further artisan memories to take the greifer off protection.

Posted

Its getting out of hand its time to bring back the xp loss on pvp death and get rid of Karma all together. PA gets to keep getting money from pearls and we get an actual pvp game. No one enjoys having some random person roll into their spot and try to take it even if the invader cant out farm them or kill them. It kills the fun of the game. This is essentially being sold as a PVP game considering the end game content that it has (or lack there of) so why should there be a karma system to punish people for defending their spot or being strong enough to push someone out? The game favors the greifer way too much and that needs to change. 

No.

Posted (edited)

Learn manners and learn to share.  Your proposal would cause far far worse griefing .  No one is forcing you flag up.  I never karma bomb anyone unless they attack me without warning.  Then I buy 50 Rez pots and make them miserable.  Once they go negative, I call friends who break their gear.  Be polite, and so shall I.

Edited by Columba
1 person likes this

Posted

I never understand why only pvp is seen as the right way to defende/take over an area. Why is using pve not allowed? I seen people been good at killing people, but coud not even farm at half the speed of the people they killed.

2 people like this

Posted

The whole karma system is broken. They have to rework or remove the karma system but they wont...

We should ask ourselves if maybe we player (or at least some of us) are somehow broken in mind.

Posted

I got aruond 1 month in game since i returned (reseted account) so im powerless and vulnerable to lose exp from randoms so i try to respect other people grind spots because i know how nervous makes you when you are in a grind mood to see someone start killing your mobs when you are away, a impotency. 

So if someone asks, even if rude, "spot taken, out" I just  whisp back "^^ ok np" as if i am the one actually doing them a favor, because, duh, feeling irritated wont get me anywhere, and most of the time people even actually believe your intention was being polite.

We people are -----ing chimps when it comes to "defend a territory" or steal that territory.

With a bit of patience I can end in a nice spot to indefinetly farm at sausans. Not as much exp as pirates, but at least got silvers, that, honestly, I lack a lot atm.

Tought there is always that typical jerks that kill you without saying anything. I am undergeared yet, barely sum up to 300 gs but since im with DK got like infinite iframes, that helps with them.

My opinion as nreturnee/new player is that if i wasnt randomly killed without warning by -----ing chims i could have hit 50% 57lvl already, as if starting game wasnt hard enought

Posted (edited)

It's just a game. Take a deep breath. Exhale out the nostrils.
Realize you are playing a game,Someone didn't just punch you in real life or hit your car with theirs.
All is still good in the world.

Creating a thread for the sole purpose of crying is not the intended use of the general forum.
This thread creates nothing but toxicity by it's existence. Here's an idea. Just a i dono a crazy thought.

Instead of creating a thread for no purpose other than for you to vent. Step back from the situation.
Search the forum for previous threads ,There are too many to count on this subject.

Or if you are going to create a thread and establish your complaints,At least do it in tandem with
Suggestions or ideas to make the karma system better. Otherwise you are just creating an echo
chamber of crying and complaining that doesn't do you,i or any other any good.

Or continue this and just further the toxicity. Throw out civility and screw reasonable thinking to help
make change.

TLDR Logic > emotion

Edited by Freeway

Posted

It's just a game. Take a deep breath. Exhale out the nostrils.
Realize you are playing a game,Someone didn't just punch you in real life or hit your car with theirs.
All is still good in the world.

Creating a thread for the sole purpose of crying is not the intended use of the general forum.
This thread creates nothing but toxicity by it's existence. Here's an idea. Just a i dono a crazy thought.

Instead of creating a thread for no purpose other than for you to vent. Step back from the situation.
Search the forum for previous threads ,There are too many to count on this subject.

Or if you are going to create a thread and establish your complaints,At least do it in tandem with
Suggestions or ideas to make the karma system better. Otherwise you are just creating an echo
chamber of crying and complaining that doesn't do you,i or any other any good.

Or continue this and just further the toxicity. Throw out civility and screw reasonable thinking to help
make change.

TLDR Logic > emotion

There is no need for a karma system and I did provide a change that would still allow Kakao to make bank off of tears. If you didnt read my entire post thats your fault. 

Posted (edited)

There is no need for a karma system and I did provide a change that would still allow Kakao to make bank off of tears. If you didnt read my entire post thats your fault. 

Oh really? lets look below.

This is not a new suggestion. Nor a helpful one. This has been debated hundreds of times in numerous threads,all threads have included that same suggestion and it always gets debunked. High players will grief low players until they quit thus killing the population. Do you even know the history of why the karma system was tweaked to penalize people more? Did you do any research?

So "If you didn't read my entire post that's your fault" 
I said supply a suggestion not a Pyrrhic victory.

Off to bed i go,This will give you ample time to come up with a reasonable reply.

-Edit also i don't disagree with you,I want the karma system gone. I want to do nothing but hunt people all day in between my tasks.
But if you kill the karma system again,You kill off the population of targets to kill. Lets be realistic here. This isn't a 90s mmorpg or early 2000's where people like me and you thrived. People are too sensitive now and cant stop letting their feelings get in the way of gameplay.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Maybe when gs and lvls don't determine a fight will there be consequences, lol bdo pvp.