• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma greifing

141 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe when gs and lvls don't determine a fight will there be consequences, lol bdo pvp.

Ive beaten people with better gear score and 2-3 levels higher than me so its not always a determining factor. 

Posted

Maybe when gs and lvls don't determine a fight will there be consequences, lol bdo pvp.

Maybe when you earning and learning how to play your class via hard work doesn't matter there will be consequences.. Lol this fallacy again.
Real life is more gear and lvl dependant than the game. The game is entirely fair in that you put in more time you get more progress out of it.
I never understood this argument that your time spent in game should not reflect your progress lol... makes no sense. GL in life with that logic.

Did you also get trophies for participating?

Posted

Maybe when you earning and learning how to play your class via hard work doesn't matter there will be consequences.. Lol this fallacy again.
Real life is more gear and lvl dependant than the game. The game is entirely fair in that you put in more time you get more progress out of it.
I never understood this argument that your time spent in game should not reflect your progress lol... makes no sense. GL in life with that logic.

Bruh even time spent in this game isnt a good reflection of power because of how punishing RNG is lol Ive been playing since launch and still dont have near the gear i would feel comfortable with. 

Posted (edited)

Bruh even time spent in this game isnt a good reflection of power because of how punishing RNG is lol Ive been playing since launch and still dont have near the gear i would feel comfortable with. 

You can simply buy gear. Do constant research, For instance before the mergers even happened many of us did research and worked on all 3 servers so that we would have 6 boss loot boxes,3 red nose and 3 normals,including all the CP exp/energy exp etc all transfered over,There are plenty of guilds out there full of people with tri ogre rings for instance. It's all time not RNG if you boil it down to market camping,Making sure you make every boss in your rotation,never doing scrolls without others,be it awakened weeklys or dailies or relics,It's all about efficiency, Even if you have to stack aurus for dande or kzarka or etc it is all there in a time gate,RNG is not soo punishing that you can't get what you want if you work hard enough at it,or save up enough money for it via maximizing roi and time management. I think people in the game have just been used to making excuses about things like this to make themselves feel better. Hell even i did 2 months in forever ago.

I realize we are all human and subject to emotion and hormones. But why can't people sit back and make short term goals and reach them one at a time? I got my first kzarka off auras for instance. Trust me it's far easier than most think. They just fail because of shortsighted ways of thinking and fall into a slump of frustration. It seems like now adays people don't know what they want,but they know they want it NOW.
i advise others to throw that way of thinking out while playing this game. Find a short term goal and focus on that and that only and once you reach it. Go for the next.

-edit if you have been playing since launch and aren't full tet or mostly tet then you have not played the game efficiently for a large portion of that time.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

I explained it very simply why there aren't harsher consequences for death in this game. I play full loot games, you're the whiner here millenial.

Posted

I explained it very simply why there aren't harsher consequences for death in this game. I play full loot games, you're the whiner here millenial.

That full length mirror your talking to. Do you polish it? 

Millenial definition : a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.

Unfortunately for you i reached adulthood before the 21st century. I probably have kids as old as you.

Posted

XP loss on PVP death is needed pretty bad. Right now anyone ccan keep coming and coming at you even if you wipe the floor with them. No setbacks whatsoever.

Let me tl;dr for the lazy devs:

We NEED XP LOSS ON PVP DEATH

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

XP loss on PVP death is needed pretty bad. Right now anyone ccan keep coming and coming at you even if you wipe the floor with them. No setbacks whatsoever.

Let me tl;dr for the lazy devs:

We NEED XP LOSS ON PVP DEATH

Trust me i want it as bad as you do. But we need another solution. As much as i want to slaughter everyone i see,This will kill the player base,Which was why this was enacted. Read channel chat and forum and tell me that these triggered kids we constantly hear speak will not revolt if it went back.=/

Edited by Freeway

Posted

That full length mirror your talking to. Do you polish it? 

Millenial definition : a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.

Unfortunately for you i reached adulthood before the 21st century. I probably have kids as old as you.

Physically, just not mentally. 

Posted

Trust me i want it as bad as you do. But we need another solution. As much as i want to slaughter everyone i see,This will kill the player base,Which was why this was enacted.

Well, any other mechanic so that people have to weigh their options and think for a moment, instead of just karmabombing and ruining someones grind f.ex that they actually deserve.

Changing channels for example could give a 20 minute XP boost. And Maybe incresing respawn timer.

Posted

Trust me i want it as bad as you do. But we need another solution. As much as i want to slaughter everyone i see,This will kill the player base,Which was why this was enacted. Read channel chat and forum and tell me that these triggered kids we constantly hear speak will not revolt if it went back.=/

Ive also suggested that they make it so that after the first kill you dont lose karma for 10 min if you kill the same person again and it resets each time you kill them. Not many people seemed to like that idea though... 

Posted

Ive also suggested that they make it so that after the first kill you dont lose karma for 10 min if you kill the same person again and it resets each time you kill them. Not many people seemed to like that idea though... 

Bdo is NOT designed as a pvp game. Get this through your head. It's like Wow when it first started, yes there is pvp but it's not balanced for it. The creators of the game get this, you don't. 

Posted

Bdo is NOT designed as a pvp game. Get this through your head. It's like Wow when it first started, yes there is pvp but it's not balanced for it. The creators of the game get this, you don't. 

If this isnt a pvp game then why arent there dungeons and raids in it? Why is the only real end game content node/seige wars? 

Posted

If this was a pvp game why does gear matter. Why doesn't death matter. Why aren't there pvp rankings. Why can't more than 5 people pvp without the game falling apart. The list goes on...

Posted (edited)

Bdo was designed as a pvp game,notice how all the features it lists on the webpage are mostly pvp centric? do you not see those flags hanging in town with manup etc guild emblem? Does rbf not exist? Does open pvp not exist?Does the arena not exist?,Does karma not exist? Do pets that give karma gain not exist? i see mostly pvp in this game,I am however a perma red player.When you go to black deserts site when you scroll over GAME it gives 2 options,Overview and Warfare. One of the largest if not the largest page on black deserts main site is this

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/game/warfare/

Look how large the pvp section is.. Just do yourself a favor and make a quick scroll,and tell me how many webpages you been to lately other than reddit have that long a scroll bar?

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Bdo was designed as a pvp game,notice how all the features it lists on the webpage are mostly pvp centric? do you not see those flags hanging in town with manup etc guild emblem? Does rbf not exist? Does open pvp not exist?Does the arena not exist?,Does karma not exist? Do pets that give karma gain not exist? i see mostly pvp in this game,I am however a perma red player.When you go to black deserts site when you scroll over GAME it gives 2 options,Overview and Warfare.

not to mention the first section of overview is "Combat"

Posted

Buff valencia so tht actively grining is more profitable than playing Over watch while BDO is in tray. If done no one in their right mind who can grind valencia effectively will grind lower areas, then add PVP death concequences, but not before the mentioned change.

Then buff Kuno again pls.

Also fix Valk Block.

And thanks for Banning that piece of crap wannabe karma greifer who disbanded his entire guild in rage so that he could continue greifing, lost 20 bucks worth of tears and then some xp. He was flaming so hard. xD

Posted (edited)

not to mention the first section of overview is "Combat"

read my post,you quoted it as i edited it. :D love yall bed i go finally -_-'

Edited by Freeway

Posted (edited)

It's to lure suckers like you into spending money in the cash shop so they can wreck noobs.

Bdo pvp is most akin to wow twink pvp, we all saw what happened when twinks were forced to fight other twinks.

Go find pvp games that actually have competitive pvp designed from the start and you'll notice the differences.

There is a reason why all pvp tournament's that bring in real money are balanced around player skill and not time/money invested. 

Just because bdo had pvp doesn't mean it's good. Why do you think the ruleset is the way it is now? The developers know they'd lose the millions of PvE playe's if they changed it because they are a much larger population of the player base since it is after all, a PvE game. 

Edited by Warp Rider

Posted

Karma system is only to prevent the REAL griefers from killing low newbies over and over and over again.

Introducing XP loss again would only increase the griefing (the REAL one, where strong players can basically drive weaker players completely out of the game).

While the whole karma bombing isn't nice, it's still better than the opposite - a world where strong players can kill everyone else without ANY consequence.

It's said many times before: if you really want to claim a spot, prepare to do it properly and go negative karma. That's the price you pay for having a whole area for yourself.

2 people like this

Posted

Generally the best way to deal with people who want you to kill them over and over so that you go neg karma is to play their mind game by staying silent and keep grinding the same mobs. Dont actively go for the mobs said person is going for, just take the packs infront, and slowly the person should leave as the spot turns inefficient. Generally they attemp to grief you become you are stronger and they cant kill you, so that should mean your clearspeed should be equal or faster to the point they are at a disadvantage grinding there.

Posted

Lol @ the ppl who think that -1% xp is the thing to bring back...

Can't wait for them asses to get spawnkilled/flamed/farmed/trashed.

If someone loses more than 1% xp due to pvp or pve or whatever, its solely their fault. Respawn at town and escape option is a thing, as is changing channels. Ive made people lose XP by grab chaining them into mobs, and the GMs have looked into it and voted in my favour stating pretty much the above, that they always had the option to use the escape function and respawn at town. Infact the karma system protects me, because even if they manage to kill me after a resisted grab, i just come back and start harrassing again.

You thought the 5%/10% of whales and hc gamers could maintain/keep hyped/allow progress for the rest of the game and community while getting everyone else down by doing the -1% thing?

Basic douche answer:"Yeah yeah games used to be rly hardcore youre a puss... blabla..."

Well, get a job, then we'll see how much energy you have left for -----s and immature princesses In game.

Actually only people with jobs can compete in the game. Best money making methods need you to be afk, meaning you go earn IRL cash while you afk and then buy artisans memories with that hard earned cash that you got from the job. The only veterans who arent winning at the game are the nolifers who might be 61 with TRI gear at best, and the ones with jobs too stubborn to spend it on artisan memories or AFK earn cash in the game.

On that note, i wish you all of you the "-1% supporters and fans" a flourishing brain cancer for the next years to come.

Nice, you wish people and their loved ones to suffer because of a few pixels. If you're in europe give my clinic a visit, ill get you a discount with the psychiatrist who practices next to my clinic so you can get the help you need for that fragile state of mind. I shudder to think what you do when something actually affects you in life.

Simply this. Ty.

Only profitable grinding areas are Ahkmaan/Hystria (If you can allow yourself a long trip with geared folks), pirates/Pila ku etc etc are more about XP than money actually...

And giving the Kakao/PA Policy regarding game design (or at least communication about it) i don't expect much to come. (i wish i'm wrong)

so 2 out of 12-14 valencian areas are profitable and need 5 highly geared players to even attempt, which in reverse makes them unprofitable because of the loot sharing. Pirates is the best xp:silver ratio in the game period, its the BEST grinding money in the game with M2 trade, even then its less income than AFK life skilling, especially due to all the cancer that surrounds it.
Whats worse is that even after the failure that valencian grinding locations are, they came out with Kamislave like a child that learned NOTHING from its past mistakes.

Communicating with Kakao is pretty much one of the main reasons why this forum exists, while yes i agree its sadly quite impossible to realistically expect change to happen.

Posted

The sole thing I can never understand about people keep coming back to a spot over and over again without the intent of trying to kill a player is that you are literally wasting your own time. Time that could have been better spent if you tried to look for other places/switched channels... I guess the exception is the guildless/protected people that hopes to karma grief you to the extent that you leave the spot but that's just wasting your time yet again in case the person you are griefing doesn't give 2 shts about going negative. Hopefully we will get the kr changes soon.

Posted

because ppl like u are cance r to the game  and U are the griefers ! .. U come to a spot and claim its "urs" .. we all know the stupid : "leave , spot taken bruh" . Just cuz outgear or outlevel the player on the spot . its ur own will to flag, so its ur own will to give up /spend ur Karma . Maybe one day ur rl-neighbour comes and visits u .. and then .. hey I like this appartment .. and now its mine .. he pulls a gun and chases u out of the house ..  I guess u would also excuse this and leave .. cuz .. well .. he was stonger then u  ????

<3 love ur answer mate , could not have said it any better

----- you can't type for shit.