• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma greifing

141 posts in this topic

Posted

I mean they wont be able to take mine but sure.

There are plenty of rotations and plenty of servers that they can switch to without being asshats and taking someone elses

This depends on the time and location.  Sure if your willing to go to sub par areas you can have all you want, but premium areas are EXTREMELY limited which is part of the reason for so much conflict.

Posted

There are 32 channels and lots of alternative grindspots now so guilds have no reason to do this at this stage of the game, this is no mediah launch with sausan being farmed by 5 5 man groups 24/7...Oh btw the game never suffered a population drop cause of pvp, only from bad decisions made by the developer....

I realize correlation and causation fallacy,but since this is one of the only forms of data we have to go off of,this is the information we have to work with based on the fact pattern, A creative advertising campaign is not what brought people back. Valencia is obviously not what brought people back as no one grinds there barely at all.
yet even before we knew about the merger there was a large boost of players coming back,Especially after the tightening of the karma penalization. There are only a few things of merit that were happening as this was. awakenings and tightening of the karma system. And 32 channels is nothing when there are hundreds of guilds in the game... There are enough Top guilds in the game that could defend the entirety of pirate island on every channel and still have at least another 32 top guilds that could do the same to sausans at the same time.

As i said before,I want EXP loss on death,I want to pk people all i want with no penalty to me. Unfortunately with people being as sensitive as they are now adays in games this is just not possible if you wish for the community to survive. The majority of the pvp centric mmorpgs that have taken that path have died off quicker than their pve centric counterparts.

And if you really think that bad decisions by the developer are the main cause i would disagree with you,i'm assuming you mean p2w fallacy? Well i don't agree it exists. I have yet to see an argument that makes it p2w by any reason of logic or reason applied to it.

Posted

dont flag up if u are not prepared to go red

1 person likes this

Posted

I realize correlation and causation fallacy,but since this is one of the only forms of data we have to go off of,this is the information we have to work with based on the fact pattern, A creative advertising campaign is not what brought people back. Valencia is obviously not what brought people back as no one grinds there barely at all.yet even before we knew about the merger there was a large boost of players coming back,Especially after the tightening of the karma penalization. There are only a few things of merit that were happening as this was. awakenings and tightening of the karma system. And 32 channels is nothing when there are hundreds of guilds in the game... There are enough Top guilds in the game that could defend the entirety of pirate island on every channel and still have at least another 32 top guilds that could do the same to sausans at the same time.

As i said before,I want EXP loss on death,I want to pk people all i want with no penalty to me. Unfortunately with people being as sensitive as they are now adays in games this is just not possible if you wish for the community to survive. The majority of the pvp centric mmorpgs that have taken that path have died off quicker than their pve centric counterparts.

And if you really think that bad decisions by the developer are the main cause i would disagree with you,i'm assuming you mean p2w fallacy? Well i don't agree it exists. I have yet to see an argument that makes it p2w by any reason of logic or reason applied to it.

xp loss was never a good solution, in fact there isn't a good solution viable unless the best spots in the game are no longer lower level spots.

If a day comes when spots scale in profit and xp like their level and gear requirement, then we can implement one of the various karma systems that don't involve xp loss and yet are still fair to all sides.

But the sad part is that PA never learned its lesson. Kamsalve is even less profitable than Valencia, and the very best they could come up with in part 2 is, hey here's another level 53 to 56 area that level 60 to 62s can camp

Posted

What hackers are you talking about ?
Since when Alt + C is a hack ???

Clearly you misunderstand...

Don't know why im bothering to explain this... but i guess i'll do it just for you.

Hackers exist, believe it or not. They come into grinding spots with their hacks enabled, then they flag up and 1shot you because of their damage hack, or they will flag up and hit you about 50 times in 1 second, because of an attack speed hack, or they will flag up and and destroy the entire area by spamming skills which should be on cooldowns, but are not on cooldowns due to a cooldown hack.

I CLEARLY did not state that flagging up was hacking, you just misread it. -__-

Posted

But the people who complain about karma griefing dont even want pve channels or instanced grinding. If these channels were given, they wouldnt have "karma bombers". They clearly want to PK someone. But then dont want to suffer the consequences.

Posted

----- you can't type for shit.

come and write in my language and then we will see who is doing better .

Posted

Trust me i want it as bad as you do. But we need another solution. As much as i want to slaughter everyone i see,This will kill the player base,Which was why this was enacted. Read channel chat and forum and tell me that these triggered kids we constantly hear speak will not revolt if it went back.=/

How it will kill the population?

There will still be a karma system, so you wont be able to kill peoples all the time or if you do there will ve consequnces if you die.

Also the xp loss can be based on lvl. I understand that on lvl 60 loosing 1% is harsh so I'm totally up or x loss based on lvl.

Do not forget that elion tear exist and can be bought via loyality,  and if you think that "this will force the peoples to spend real money in order to safe their xp" guess what?

Peoples do that now vut for totally different reason - i kill thme, they elion tear and attack me back and this process repeat again until I go negative and have to flee the scene.

I understand that many peoples are against xp loss. OK then another solution was given - whn you die to not be able to revive at the nodes but only in the nearest town with storage. 

How this do not sole the issue ? 

Posted

There will still be a karma system, so you wont be able to kill peoples all the time or if you do there will ve consequnces if you die.

Also the xp loss can be based on lvl. I understand that on lvl 60 loosing 1% is harsh so I'm totally up or x loss based on lvl.

Do not forget that elion tear exist and can be bought via loyality,  and if you think that "this will force the peoples to spend real money in order to safe their xp" guess what?

Peoples do that now vut for totally different reason - i kill thme, they elion tear and attack me back and this process repeat again until I go negative and have to flee the scene.

I understand that many peoples are against xp loss. OK then another solution was given - whn you die to not be able to revive at the nodes but only in the nearest town with storage. 

just learn some manners and learn to share, and karma bombing will never be an issue.

Posted

So anyone level 56 or higher will never be able to afk outside of a safe zone.

So people lv 60+ will get gang-targeted to get trolled and lose exp/loyalties/whatever.

So people can muscle their way into pirates and make it a shithole.

You are whining about PKing and there not being consequences enough for the loser.

SUCK IT UP.

Posted (edited)

Clearly you misunderstand...

Don't know why im bothering to explain this... but i guess i'll do it just for you.

Hackers exist, believe it or not. They come into grinding spots with their hacks enabled, then they flag up and 1shot you because of their damage hack, or they will flag up and hit you about 50 times in 1 second, because of an attack speed hack, or they will flag up and and destroy the entire area by spamming skills which should be on cooldowns, but are not on cooldowns due to a cooldown hack.

I CLEARLY did not state that flagging up was hacking, you just misread it. -__-

Never encountered any hacker but hey, I don't have any ubiquity gift and can't be everywhere so maybe some players have encountered them indeed, just not my personnal experience.

But it doesn't matter anyways since every class can 1 combo, or even 1 shot others once a certain AP treshold has been passed. So hackers or not, it won't change anything. And even at the very beginning of the game, before going beyond + 15 for armor and weapons, even if things were slower; there were alreday clear gear gaps between players with green gear at + 0-10 and players with + 15 which already had their tri witch, marks, tree spirit ...
And it won't change the fact that playing the PvE victilm which has an imaginary target over the head, like in the post I quoted, has no place here. This axiom is biased, false, it's a distorded vision of reality only based on personnal feelings and ego. It won't, it can't work in BDO. We are all PvX players, playing under the same ruleset. You need to be efficient everywhere if you want to progress. There are no virtuous PvE players and malicious PvP players, or the contrary.
Just PvX players.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

So anyone level 56 or higher will never be able to afk outside of a safe zone.

So people lv 60+ will get gang-targeted to get trolled and lose exp/loyalties/whatever.

So people can muscle their way into pirates and make it a shithole.

You are whining about PKing and there not being consequences enough for the loser.

SUCK IT UP.

Level 56 and higher already cant afk outside a safe zone. really. not losing XP doesnt mean everyone is AFKing outside safe zones. AFK outside a safe zone is still a VERY stupid thing to do

Level 60+ and cant defend himself? lame, also respawn in town and the escape button are a thing, no one can force him to lose xp again and again, and the Developers and GMs will tell you the same. Also FYI, the karma system doesnt protect anyone, we are slowly going towards the KR meta where people contest spots by getting their opponents killed by mobs. Heck, ive made a level 61 lose 1 percent AND prolly near 10 buck in ellions tears because guess what, no matter how much DP you pack, valencia desert mobs hit like a truck.

People already muscle their way into pirates and make it a shithole, half the population karma greifs, the other half gets karma greifers killed by mobs, there is NO ITERIATION of a karma system, with or without XP loss or With node respawn or ANYTHING where pirates will not be a shit hole. PIRATES IS A SHIT HOLE BECAUSE ITS A LEVEL 55-57 SPOT AT BEST WHERE LEVEL 62s ARE GRINDING BECAUSE ITS STILL ONE OF THE BEST SPOTS IN THE GAME. Pirates being a shithole has NOTHING TO DO with open world PVP or karma.

He might be, Im actually of the point of view that the karma system favours veterans, anything that new/lowbies think they can do to greif others, Veterans can return in 10 fold AND DO MUCH WORSE.

We need PA to promote Veterans to leave level 52-57 zones and actually go grind their own level appropriate areas, Buff valencia profit SIGNIFICANTLY, But instead what we will get is another level 53-57 zone for level 62s to greif lowbies and deserted level 60 areas because they arent worth.

Posted

"Karma Bombing" is still a trend ? Wow...

Basically there is no "karma bombing"... only anger-management issues and stupid poeples.

T

4 people like this

Posted

Still people asking for exp loss on pvp death?

Probably the most idiotic thing you can "ask" for this game

Wow......i guess vintage fetish never stops :D

2 people like this

Posted

I find nice sample gif to show the behavior of victim (aka "Pro player")  before karma bombing. :D

Smaple gif

Posted

God dam seriously.  You're still on this?

How many months are you going to post this same text.

I'll keep posting it so long as people keep making false claims about it.  Does the truth really bother you that much?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What about changing the old xp loss system to something where you lose 0.20 xp per death and you can go negative xp to stop those who used to grief at a new level @ %0. Another idea, what a about only making particular areas with the above mentioned rules and not all areas. For example, all end game grinding areas would participate (edit for sp) in this rule, 0.20 xp loss per death and negative xp if already @ 0.0

Edited by ZecretSquirreL

Posted (edited)

Buff valencia so tht actively grining is more profitable than playing Over watch while BDO is in tray. If done no one in their right mind who can grind valencia effectively will grind lower areas, then add PVP death concequences, but not before the mentioned change.

Then buff Kuno again pls.

Also fix Valk Block.

And thanks for Banning that piece of crap wannabe karma greifer who disbanded his entire guild in rage so that he could continue greifing, lost 20 bucks worth of tears and then some xp. He was flaming so hard. xD

GM's should not be involved in player conflicts.

There is no "greifing" either, it's a PVP game remember.

Ive also suggested that they make it so that after the first kill you dont lose karma for 10 min if you kill the same person again and it resets each time you kill them. Not many people seemed to like that idea though... 

Because it's completely stupid, unfair,  and exploitable.

xp loss was never a good solution, in fact there isn't a good solution viable unless the best spots in the game are no longer lower level spots.

If a day comes when spots scale in profit and xp like their level and gear requirement, then we can implement one of the various karma systems that don't involve xp loss and yet are still fair to all sides.

But the sad part is that PA never learned its lesson. Kamsalve is even less profitable than Valencia, and the very best they could come up with in part 2 is, hey here's another level 53 to 56 area that level 60 to 62s can camp

Maybe some day you will learn how BDO works, but NOT TODAY

Edited by feebleone

Posted

GM's should not be involved in player conflicts.

There is no "greifing" either, it's a PVP game remember.

Because it's completely stupid, unfair,  and exploitable.

Maybe some day you will learn how BDO works, but NOT TODAY

GMs didnt get involved cuz of the greifing. He called me mam a bad name. Hence the bam

and yes.. Not today

Posted

GMs didnt get involved cuz of the greifing. He called me mam a bad name. Hence the bam
and yes.. Not today

It's almost comical you can destroy 1,000 players fun and abuse lower players to no end, but calling them a name is unacceptable.

Especially since you could have just blocked them.

Posted (edited)

It's almost comical you can destroy 1,000 players fun and abuse lower players to no end, but calling them a name is unacceptable.

Especially since you could have just blocked them.

Dem's the rules :D

Well. we also do live in a world where the two candidates for the president of arguably the most influential nation of the world were.... well.. what they were... Comparitively everything else makes sense

Edited by 6footgeeks

Posted (edited)

Because I will SEND YOU TO TOWN REPEATEDLY

WHY F YOU THAT'S WHY

I FELT LIKE IT

I WAS BORED AND WANTED TO MAKE YOU MY BITC

LOOKS LIKE YOU DIDNT ACCOUNT FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME

Edited by feebleone

Posted

I on my own decide to kill someone over and over and the game mechanics will  punish me soon if i go red. Its clearly the other guys fault this is happening to me! Please remove karma. Makes perfect sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because I will SEND YOU TO TOWN REPEATEDLY

WHY F YOU THAT'S WHY

I FELT LIKE IT

I WAS BORED AND WANTED TO MAKE YOU MY BITC

LOOKS LIKE YOU DIDNT ACCOUNT FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME

In pvp game the stronger one should be able to take over spot / deffend it. There are enough chanels for the guy who looses to swap to. Also the karma system will still be there - its not like 1 person can go arround the world and send everybody in town just for fun, he will go negative and eventualy get killed with his gear and crystals are broken and degraded. 

Peoples seems to NOT understand this SHOULD BE A PVP GAME. Not "learn to share" , "I will karma bomb you as much as I want"  game.

Posted

In pvp game the stronger one should be able to take over spot / deffend it. There are enough chanels for the guy who looses to swap to. Also the karma system will still be there - its not like 1 person can go arround the world and send everybody in town just for fun, he will go negative and eventualy get killed with his gear and crystals are broken and degraded. 

Peoples seems to NOT understand this SHOULD BE A PVP GAME. Not "learn to share" , "I will karma bomb you as much as I want"  game.

So only 36 people can be at pirates at any given time? Dominated by the top so lower players can't catch up?

Seems legit.