• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma greifing

141 posts in this topic

Posted

So only 36 people can be at pirates at any given time? Dominated by the top so lower players can't catch up?

Seems legit.

So pirates is THE only place you can be ? My foot have never stept on pirates, i have 57 , 58 , 59 character which soon will be 60 with full boss gear and recently my first TET.

Also how you calculated 36? Can you get multiple peoples and kill the "stronger players" instead of trying 1v1 ? 

You guys just give 0 thinking about the posibilities in this game ...

Posted

So pirates is THE only place you can be ? My foot have never stept on pirates, i have 57 , 58 , 59 character which soon will be 60 with full boss gear and recently my first TET.

Also how you calculated 36? Can you get multiple peoples and kill the "stronger players" instead of trying 1v1 ? 

You guys just give 0 thinking about the posibilities in this game ...

Or you're just one of the greedy people not thinking about others.

1 person likes this

Posted

After your last comment I understand that there is no point arguing with you so let it be your way.

Like it matters what we will write in the forums...

Posted (edited)

Or you're just one of the greedy people not thinking about others.

A prime example of short sighted statement only fueled by personal interest. You don't seem to really care about others, more hiding behind them, likeif  you just wanted to find some echo chamber and validation from others because you feel your not in position of power. The simple fact that you refute the countermeasure proposed by @SmackFairy , which entirely relies on a social lever and cooperation mechanisms (forming an ad hoc group of players, unitng to fight a common threat) tells long about your actual mindset.
When a single player does all he can to disrupt a party rotation (which is very easy to do, hit'n run, even more with some classes), who is greedy ?
Who does not think about others ? Who does put his own interest over the game experience of several other users which are social, group and share among themselves ?

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

A prime example of short sighted statement only fueled by personal interest. You don't seem to really care about others, more hiding behind them, likeif  you just wanted to find some echo chamber and validation from others because you feel your not in position of power. The simple fact that you refute the countermeasure proposed by @SmackFairy , which entirely relies on a social lever and cooperation mechanisms (forming an ad hoc group of players, unitng to fight a common threat) tells long about your actual mindset.
When a single player does all he can to disrupt a party rotation (which is very easy to do, hit'n run, even more with some classes), who is greedy ?
Who does not think about others ? Who does put his own interest over the game experience of several other users which are social, group and share among themselves ?

The party can freely PK him 25 times though. Doesnt sound that easy to me when you get killed after every pack you clear for close to an hour and this doesnt take into account regained karma for the party from the full rotation -1 pack they clear.

So if you are gonna see it from both sides who is the real loser here. The lone "karma bomber" who gets 1 pack from a full rotation for 1 hour or the party who gets a full rotation -1 pack for a full hour?

Posted (edited)

I run this yard and you don't belong.

The real game is WHO CONTROLS THE AREA.  AND THAT ISN'T YOU IT'S A TOUGHER MOTHER FER LIKE ME.

I think you meant to say a P2W walleter.

XP loss on PVP death is needed pretty bad. Right now anyone ccan keep coming and coming at you even if you wipe the floor with them. No setbacks whatsoever.

Let me tl;dr for the lazy devs:

We NEED XP LOSS ON PVP DEATH

Nope. We need the PK'er to lose 25-50% XP for an unfair kill. If your opponent doesn't fight back you should lose a large chunk of your level.

Edited by Shiraishin

Posted

The whole Karma system is aids.

I was grinding yesterday, and I saw this dude nearby, but not directly in my area. He was doing a diff rotation/area, cool. Drive on bud! However...He then decided to encroach in my area. The first time I simply said "Do you mind?" and kept killing. The 2nd time, I less politely said "Dude, I know you've seen me, I've been here for hours." to which he replied "I don't care." Then I simply flagged and killed him. He then proceeded to get mad that I killed him, and kept coming back and deliberately killing my mobs in the middle of my rotation. Long story short, I killed him until I went -152k Karma, then I had to leave as I had no intention of staying perma red. In the end though, he won.

However...I shall remember this dude, and shall kill him on sight anytime I see him moving forward. lol.

I think you meant to say a P2W walleter.

Nope. We need the PK'er to lose 25-50% XP for an unfair kill. If your opponent doesn't fight back you should lose a large chunk of your level.

Do tell me, how exactly would you be able to tell if someone fights back or not? That idea is a no go from me. Someone starts to attack you, then mid fight realizes they are losing, then stops fighting back. I'm supposed to lose that much XP? Nah homie.

Also on the flip side...This could be "abused" Stay at 0% at 60/61. Never worry about XP again.

If you're in an area and get PK'd, you have multiple options. Fight back and kill them, kill the mobs faster than them and drive them out, annoy them to the point where they flag and kill you until they are forced to leave (this shit is retarded), and go to another area. If you can't DEFEND the spot you're in, do you really have any business being there? IMO, No.

Posted

The whole Karma system is aids.

Claiming exp spots like they belong to you is aids.

If you can't DEFEND the spot you're in, do you really have any business being there? IMO, No.

yes because the system is so fair.. putting gear differences/P2W aside, you are grinding normally on your own then some other guy is watching or killing other mobs, then at some point you are low on hp while hitting a few mobs, the other guy sneaks behind when you don't expect it then locks you down and kills you. yeah amazing pvp system.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

yes because the system is so fair.. putting gear differences/P2W aside, you are grinding normally on your own then some other guy is watching or killing other mobs, then at some point you are low on hp while hitting a few mobs, the other guy sneaks behind when you don't expect it then locks you down and kills you. yeah amazing pvp system.

That frustration level is so astonishing and over the top that it's almost too comical to be true.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Never said anyone spot belonged to anyone, but you should have the ability to DEFEND the spot you're at. Right now, someone can just come in, deliberately die to you, and eventually push you out. That's not fun, challenging, or rewarding. That's some BS. If you can't control or defend your spot, you don't deserve it. Survival of the fittest has been around a long long time. If you want something, take it. Right now, as is, everything is handed to you. You just have to karma bomb them, and you'll eventually get what you want.

Posted

People who kill wantonly and then complain when the game mechanics to prevent that start affecting them

Never said anyone spot belonged to anyone, but you should have the ability to DEFEND the spot you're at. Right now, someone can just come in, deliberately die to you, and eventually push you out. That's not fun, challenging, or rewarding. That's some BS. If you can't control or defend your spot, you don't deserve it. Survival of the fittest has been around a long long time. If you want something, take it. Right now, as is, everything is handed to you. You just have to karma bomb them, and you'll eventually get what you want.

I didn't realize you were forced to kill then, I've been doing it wrong this whole time... You know, being polite, partying up, or fail that, just outgrinding them. Because if you can kill them, you can outgrind them. Or even deccing their guild if your bloodlust is that huge.

Posted

Survival of the fittest richest has been around a long long time. If you want something, take buy it.

Fixed your text.

Posted (edited)

So only 36 people can be at pirates at any given time? Dominated by the top so lower players can't catch up?

Seems legit.

Pirates / Sausan hasn't been as busy at it was in the past.  There where times when 2 or even 3 parties where fighting over a single rotation.

What he was saying is, hey I can't handle it.

The truth, as always is ALL OF THESE idiots who claim they want harsher penalties would cry to GM's as soon as anyone started dominating and they faced opposition.  The core of the issue is they are soft and weak.

[Edited content] Provocative language

Edited by p0hil
[Edited content] Provocative language

Posted

People who kill wantonly and then complain when the game mechanics to prevent that start affecting them

I didn't realize you were forced to kill then, I've been doing it wrong this whole time... You know, being polite, partying up, or fail that, just outgrinding them. Because if you can kill them, you can outgrind them. Or even deccing their guild if your bloodlust is that huge.

I did politely ask him to leave, as I had run seen him numerous times in the area next to where I was grinding. He replied "I dont care". If he doesn't care, why should I further be polite? I also tried to Dec his guild "not ready for war". He was a ranger, I am a Kuno. Please tell me how I can outgrind him. :P He was deliberately grabbing mobs as they spawned in the middle of my rotation. He was deliberately being a prick about it, after I had tried the "polite" approach. So yes, I was then forced to kill him.

Fixed your text.

I am not the richest person by any stretch. I may have 100mil silver to my name atm. I don't trade/do crates, I don't do GK runs. I also don't sell costumes for silver. I rarely ever grind. I only bought 2 pieces of gear off the MP, the rest I got myself/enchanted myself. That was 1 pre-order for RCE, and sniped a tri dande off the MP, to which I then enchanted to TET. My statement (read, opinion) still stands. If you want something, take it, earn it. People just expect things for free, and nah, it doesn't work like that.

Posted

I did politely ask him to leave, as I had run seen him numerous times in the area next to where I was grinding. He replied "I dont care". If he doesn't care, why should I further be polite? I also tried to Dec his guild "not ready for war". He was a ranger, I am a Kuno. Please tell me how I can outgrind him. :P He was deliberately grabbing mobs as they spawned in the middle of my rotation. He was deliberately being a prick about it, after I had tried the "polite" approach. So yes, I was then forced to kill him.

I am not the richest person by any stretch. I may have 100mil silver to my name atm. I don't trade/do crates, I don't do GK runs. I also don't sell costumes for silver. I rarely ever grind. I only bought 2 pieces of gear off the MP, the rest I got myself/enchanted myself. That was 1 pre-order for RCE, and sniped a tri dande off the MP, to which I then enchanted to TET. My statement (read, opinion) still stands. If you want something, take it, earn it. People just expect things for free, and nah, it doesn't work like that.

But you're not forced to go negative karma and just whine and leave. If you're gonna go red, go red, but don't half-ass it and complain about getting bombed!

Afaik kuno is almost as good as zerk at getting people killed to mobs, no? Especially a squishy ranger?

Posted

In pvp game the stronger one should be able to take over spot / deffend it. There are enough chanels for the guy who looses to swap to. Also the karma system will still be there - its not like 1 person can go arround the world and send everybody in town just for fun, he will go negative and eventualy get killed with his gear and crystals are broken and degraded. 

Peoples seems to NOT understand this SHOULD BE A PVP GAME. Not "learn to share" , "I will karma bomb you as much as I want"  game.

might doesn't make right.  Polite makes right.  Perhaps therapy would help you learn how to live side by side with your fellow human beings.  I sure hope you don't own a gun irl.

Posted

There's half a dozen options for you to use, and your first thought for someone near you is "kill em, they're a jerk" Like really?

I always leave right away if you just say "hey, doing a gmission here, can you swap?". If you act like a jerk and flag up on me? No shit I'm gonna fight back and try to outgrind you.

All day long. I've come across several groups doing GQuests in an area I'm trying to work. I don't spend a lot of time "grinding", just not my playstyle. But the people I'll leave an area for? The ones that at least say "Hey, doing a GQuest here, do you mind?".  The ones that flag up instantly and start out as Jackassholes? I come back long past the time I intended to leave. I don't mind shifting at all for someone who passes for polite. Jerks? Nah. I don't like PVP much, so I don't even bother to fight back, I just run around the field putting obstacles between us, and killing as I go, popping pots as I like. 

In pvp game the stronger one should be able to take over spot / deffend it. There are enough chanels for the guy who looses to swap to. Also the karma system will still be there - its not like 1 person can go arround the world and send everybody in town just for fun, he will go negative and eventualy get killed with his gear and crystals are broken and degraded. 

Peoples seems to NOT understand this SHOULD BE A PVP GAME. Not "learn to share" , "I will karma bomb you as much as I want"  game.

Meh.You seem to want to play the game the way you want to play it. I'll do the same, until you pay my monthly pearls bill. 

Posted

might doesn't make right.  Polite makes right.  Perhaps therapy would help you learn how to live side by side with your fellow human beings.  I sure hope you don't own a gun irl.

Perhaps a bit of thought as to what this game actually is would help you learn how to live in an environment that really doesn't give a shit about you or your opinion.  That's not me coming down on you, there are nice people.  I tend to be one of them, at least in the field.  Though the truth is no one owes you a bit of politeness.  You are pushing a standard from outside this game that doesn't exist inside of it.

2 people like this

Posted

Perhaps a bit of thought as to what this game actually is would help you learn how to live in an environment that really doesn't give a shit about you or your opinion.  That's not me coming down on you, there are nice people.  I tend to be one of them, at least in the field.  Though the truth is no one owes you a bit of politeness.  You are pushing a standard from outside this game that doesn't exist inside of it.

Could not have said that better. I play nice. But I don't expect anyone else to. I hope they do and I am not surprised when they don't.

Posted

The biggest promoter of Anti Social behavior is...................

PEARL ABYSS

WHO DESIGNED THE GAME TO "FIGHT EACH OTHER"

CONTEST AREAS

CONCEAL YOUR IDENTITY WITH GHILLE

Posted

do what you like then,  but stop whining about the consequences, cupcake.  I never claimed I was owed anything.  My point which clearly eluded you, is that lack of self control has consequences.  The karma system is perfect as is.  No one is forcing anyone to behave in a psychotic manner.

Posted

do what you like then,  but stop whining about the consequences, cupcake.  I never claimed I was owed anything.  My point which clearly eluded you, is that lack of self control has consequences.  The karma system is perfect as is.  No one is forcing anyone to behave in a psychotic manner.

Well, darlin', I don't complain about the karma system.  And your point wasn't made by the comment that I quoted.  Though you'd have to be beyond idiot level of crying to think that actions don't have consequences.  That isn't something you can argue against.  There is plenty of recourse for action in this game, whether it's PKing or Karma Bombing.

Would the game work better if everyone were much more civil?  Arguable, because the environment pushes a might makes right agenda.  It's about competition and strength.  Would it be more pleasant?  Yeah, totally.

Yet let's look at the big point people do actually bring up, that is arguable: "This spot doesn't belong to you, learn to share."

That is the biggest load of hypocrisy that can be mustered for trying to tell someone it's okay for you to shit all over their day.  If you can't see anything wrong with this, check yourself.  When someone adds on your spot and won't leave, it's a form of bullying.  If you're going to cite acting politely, you don't add on the spot.  You ask if you can join them, or better yet, say you're LFG in channel chat, or best start your own group.  There are ways to share a spot, and get groups, if you don't want to do that, and choose to bully your way into the spot via karma bombing, you're the belligerent one.

Say whatever you like.  Though you're blind if you think this isn't a two way street.

Posted

It doesn't belong to them.  However, if people are polite, i leave.  If people are douchebags, I load up on rezz pots, make them go negative and call in airstrikes to break their armor.  It's the entitled people who think they own the map who create their own problems as much as the disrespectful grind monkey who kills right on top of other players.   Preventing karma bombing with exp loss in pvp would open up far far worse abuse.

Posted

It doesn't belong to them.  However, if people are polite, i leave.  If people are douchebags, I load up on rezz pots, make them go negative and call in airstrikes to break their armor.  It's the entitled people who think they own the map who create their own problems as much as the disrespectful grind monkey who kills right on top of other players.   Preventing karma bombing with exp loss in pvp would open up far far worse abuse.

So that have to be polite to you first?  Can you be more clear?

Posted

So that have to be polite to you first?  Can you be more clear?

as I said.  No one HAS to do anything.  However, respect and polity beget the same behaviors in others.  Ask me to leave (please would be better) , and I would move on.  Attack without warning or trash me, and I will be difficult.  It's all up to you.

1 person likes this