• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suggestion: Lower the pearl shop costume pricings

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Only a suggestion, considering the costumes cost more than to buy the game itself, I find that kind of ridiculous. Though I guess Daum will see more of these threads popping up on the upcoming weeks of this beta when more people get acclimated into the game and check the cash shop.

10 people like this

Posted

Half the prices of costumes atleast, rethink weight and inv slots also. Horse armor too expensive. 

Extra char slot, dye's are just fine. 

Well, this is a form of 'shooting yourself' for Daum.

- Jeasy

2 people like this

Posted

One costume is basically 45 dollars Aus... this really needs looking at.

1 person likes this

Posted

Check out my post here, I'm hoping this will help! We need to provide Pearl Abyss and DAUM to still profit but not gouge.

Posted

I don't agree with the pricing model of costumes, it's an absolute turn off to want to buy anything in this game.

I'm glad Daum is taking my money, but to not make micro translations ACTUALLY 'microtransactions' - I don't mind buying a skin in league of legends or another game for 10-15$, but if it's 25$ IT BETTER DAMN BE A LEGENDARY SKIN OR SOMETHING WORTH IT.

These costumes don't seem "legendary" enough to be that type of item.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/46dmjc/the_costume_prices_completely_negates_the_entire/

Posted (edited)

I think prices for outfits that are nearly as much as an entire game is ridiculous. Lower priced items in general would cause me to purchase more items. At the current cash shop prices I will probably buy as little as I can due to the extremely high prices.

Edited by Xichero
7 people like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, Xichero said:

I agree the pricing is higher than I am willing to pay for an outfit. At this price I probably won't purchase any outfits. If the price was significantly lower I would purchase lots of outfits.

Same.

2 people like this

Posted

I think prices for outfits that are nearly as much as an entire game is ridiculous. Lower priced items in general would cause me to purchase more items. At the current cash shop prices I will probably buy as little as I can due to the extremely high prices.

This guy is smart^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Prices are way too high imo. I refuse to spend a dime. Nothing else to say really, jut wanted to add more weight to this issue.

EDIT: after my initial sadness that prices weren't much cheaper than KR i'm fine with prices as is.

Edited by Ginrei
1 person likes this

Posted

i wont buy sh** 30€ for a character bound costume are they crazy?!...

Posted

With current prices of the costumes, I will buy as little as I can. I've definitely spent money in cash-shops in other games, not excited about this one as it currently is.

1 person likes this

Posted

For a B2P game, it's a bit high... I can understand $15-$25

Posted

My wife saw the prices of the costumes and now doesn't want to play at all. Be terrible if I have to give up BDO because of the cash shop prices.

Posted

The prices are pretty ridiculous, we pay for the game to play (not f2p) and are expected to spend more in the cash shop on top of that. Not sure what they were thinking, terrible decision.

Posted

My wife saw the prices of the costumes and now doesn't want to play at all. Be terrible if I have to give up BDO because of the cash shop prices.

Inform her it's part of the beta to test the pricing scheme to get a feel for it's setup. Affirm her that the only way to know how bad the cost is when the release hits first.

Posted

I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to check out cbt2 yet.

What are the prices for the costumes?

Posted

I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to check out cbt2 yet.

What are the prices for the costumes?

25,- euro for a character-bound costume.
32,- euro for a character-bound costume + a character-bound weapon.

Posted

Yes

everything of cash shop is too expensive.

Posted (edited)

There's like no chance in hell I buy anything when the prices are like this. Make full sets ~10 € and I would certainly buy stuff from time to time. The rest should be way cheaper too.

Edited by Tup3x

Posted (edited)

25,- euro for a character-bound costume.
32,- euro for a character-bound costume + a character-bound weapon.

Is it the same in American dollars? I recall something about prices for the preorder packs being a set numeric value that didn't adjust for currency exchange rates.

Anyways, yes that is a bit much for the costumes and will end up making them less money by asking for more.  With digital goods that are not limited by actual physical supply and are essentially unlimited it is much better to price a bit on the lower end so that more people will be inclined to buy.  With things like digital vanity items, the trick is getting people to impulse buy them by finding that perfect price point where you aren't underselling yourself but customers are inclined to buy multiple products here and there because "why not, it's not that much".  By setting the price too high, you will make more profit per sale but you also lose sales by driving potential customers away with too high a price point.  In an instance like this it's more profitable to sell multiple instances of an item (say 3) for a lower price (say $15) than only one for a higher price point (say $30), since in the end your profits will be substantiality greater (in my example a 50% increase).

I would say that a better price point would be about $10-15 for a costume and $15-20 for costume plus weapon, with a personal preference towards the lower end. Any more than that and you are probably running the risk of shooting yourself in the foot from a business standpoint, not to mention that it makes potential customers more likely to view your entire business or service in a negative light (too greedy, don't know how to run a business, etc.) and therefore more likely to not want to be your customer at all (in this case not buy or play the game at all).

Edited by TouchAndFeel

Posted

For a game with such an amazing character creator this game sure hates you for trying to look decent.

The dye system is an absolute cash grab and so are the costumes. Considering the ingame outfits are extremely lacking, it's a natural thing that players are going to want to stand out somehow.

Both costumes and dyes need to be looked at. This isn't Korea, Daum. I'm not paying that.

Posted

For a B2P game, it's a bit high... I can understand $15-$25

imo, $10/15 is more reasonable. it's been proven time and time again that, if you make prices reasonable, people will buy MORE. as it is? i don't see us spending a lot of money when they're so gods-awful high!!! are they at least account bound? or am i stuck with this much money for one character? pft. not doin' it.

2 people like this

Posted

Is it the same in American dollars? I recall something about prices for the preorder packs being a set numeric value that didn't adjust for currency exchange rates.

Anyways, yes that is a bit much for the costumes and will end up making them less money by asking for more.  With digital goods that are not limited by actual physical supply and are essentially unlimited it is much better to price a bit on the lower end so that more people will be inclined to buy.  With things like digital vanity items, the trick is getting people to impulse buy them by finding that perfect price point where you aren't underselling yourself but customers are inclined to buy multiple products here and there because "why not, it's not that much".  By setting the price too high, you will make more profit per sale but you also lose sales by driving potential customers away with too high a price point.  In an instance like this it's more profitable to sell multiple instances of an item (say 3) for a lower price (say $15) than only one for a higher price point (say $30), since in the end your profits will be substantiality greater (in my example a 50% increase).

I would say that a better price point would be about $10-15 for a costume and $15-20 for costume plus weapon, with a personal preference towards the lower end. Any more than that and you are probably running the risk of shooting yourself in the foot from a business standpoint, not to mention that it makes potential customers more likely to view your entire business or service in a negative light (too greedy, don't know how to run a business, etc.) and therefore more likely to not want to be your customer at all (in this case not buy or play the game at all).

22$ for the costume and 32$ for the costume and wep set in USD

1 person likes this

Posted

It's way too high. For instance GW2, an established b2p, has their costume sets about half of that price. I would buy things like costume armors if they were more along the lines of $10. $22 is way, way too high.

1 person likes this

Posted

GW2 has spoiled me - about $7.50-$8.00 US for account wide costumes.  Black Desert hits $25-$32 a costume based on the pre-order listing of the value of 2500 pearls at $25  I usually don't even spend that much on my own wardrobe - t-shirt and discount jeans for weekend/after-work slumming.

I might go for $10 for outfits if they are not tied to a class and account wide.  $5 if they are not.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0