• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suggestion: Lower the pearl shop costume pricings

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Prices don't seem that bad, IMO. I've been getting yelled at in multiple forums for thinking so, but I'll continue to agree with the posted prices. They need to make money, we want vanity items and convenience stuff.

Posted

Having played some on the Japanese server I bought the Conquerors pack thinking that I could get a few things from the start with the pearls I was given, it would appear, at least from the beta, that I won't be able to do this. I agree with most of the other people in this thread when they say that the prices are too high. I'm not sure I really understand the logic behind it either, to be honest. The KR,JP, and RU side of things are all f2p and the cash shop sustains them, so I kind of feel like it's a bit of a money grab to charge 4 times as much for items in the cash shop.

Posted

I'll give the beta a try, but if it doesn't completely blow me away, I'll feel no pain in avoiding picking this up entirely. I don't want to spend my time worrying about when the game will fall apart because they can't manage to support themselves due to a ridiculous business model.
When it comes to cash shop items, any more than $5 just becomes too much to throw away on a whim for in-game trinkets. At lower prices, I can excuse dropping a bit of cash here and there once a week or three, but with prices high enough to leave a noticeable hole in my wallet, it becomes much more heavy on my conscience, and you won't get a drop. Doubly so for goods that aren't even account bound. I imagine many others think the same.

Posted

My opinion is to scrap the costume stats and lower the price. It's way too high considering how weak the New Zealand Dollar is compared to USD. bloody 1.5+ NTY.

Posted

Way too pricey for seemingly pay2win content.

Posted

$8-10 for armor sets and $5 for weapons.

That would be my suggestion. 

Posted

Yeah I responded on another post about prices too.. I'm all about buying stuff from a shop, but I am not about to buy anything if I'm feeling ripped off in doing so... If outfits were 5-10 a pop, I'd buy 100 worth.. but as they are? I will buy none.. I will save the pearls to get the basics only, probably play the game enough where I don't feel the conq package was an entire waste.. then go back to being a space ninja because and drop my money there because they know how to work their cash shops as a f2p. =]

Posted

I agree, the prices are too high.

Did DAUM not do any research? Simply looking at other succesful games with cash shops you can quickly see what people are willing to spend on vanity items and other goodies.

Guild Wars 2, a highly successful Buy2Play MMO charges 10 euro/dollars for actual armors, and 8 euro/dollars for costumes. And all of them are account-bound, not character-bound. Those are acceptable prices. 22 euro/dollars for a character-bound armor/costume and 32 euro/dollars for a character-bound armor/costume + weapon is not.

In my opinion, the prices should be dropped by at least 50% and even then the prices are still a bit on the high side.

Acceptable prices in my opinion would be:

10 euro/dollar for a character-bound costume.
15 euro/dollar for a character-bound costume + weapon.

But ideal prices in my opinion would be:

7 euro/dollar for a character-bound costume.
10 euro/dollar for a character-bound costume + weapon.

I might pick up 1 or 2 costume + weapon sets if they costed 15 euro/dollar each. I'll definitely pick up multiple costume + weapon sets if they cost 10 euro/dollar each. But with the current pricing, I won't pick up anything and I'm actually glad that I didn't buy the Conqueror's pre-order pack. 
If the prices stay as they are, I'll stick to my Adventurer's pack and never bat an eye to the cashshop. 
If the prices drop by at least 50% I might upgrade to the Conqueror's pack and get myself some nice costumes + weapons from the cashshop.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah the prices are way too high. As mentioned, the costumes cost just about as much as the game. That's not a 'micro' transaction, that's 'macro' transaction. Like, I really want to support this game and drop more money on it because it's a fricken fantastic game. But those prices are way too expensive to even call fair.

Edit: I just realized this is an old thread since I specifically googled insane costume pricing, but I still think it deserves a bump for hope of change. 

Edited by RavenSix

Posted

Like the other "the price is too damn high" I'm agreeing.

If the game were a F2P in the EU and NA then I would have less of a issue spending 60 bucks (Because I need to also give my love something nice to wear too).

But considering I already spend 60 bucks on the base game, and we (the community) wanted it to be B2P Model so we could actually AVOID insane high prices, and gold sellers spambots, this seems to just be working the exact opposite way we wanted it to.

I personally love Infernum's price points, but that's just my opinion, and thinking that paying 5 bucks for a character bound costume is more than reasonable instead of forking over the price of another copy of the game just for one costume you can't even lend to your other accounts.

I also feel like the pre-order bonuses should be account bound too and send to every character you have, but that's a different matter

Posted

Only a suggestion, considering the costumes cost more than to buy the game itself, I find that kind of ridiculous.

There have been many threads about this. Posting on those would probably be more helpful and organized than making another one. Although I do agree.

Posted

There have been many threads about this. Posting on those would probably be more helpful and organized than making another one. Although I do agree.

Holy necrosis... 

Look at the date creation of this thread though and you'll know my thread was pretty early on hence why it wasn't merged with any of the "other countless threads" on this subject, I'm surprised people still bumping my thread though, speaks volumes despite being an old thread.

Posted

Holy necrosis... 

Look at the date creation of this thread though and you'll know my thread was pretty early on hence why it wasn't merged with any of the "other countless threads" on this subject, I'm surprised people still bumping my thread though, speaks volumes despite being an old thread.

Ah, apologies. I didn't see the creation date, that was a fault on my part.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0