• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sieges went from sheild wall+ranged support+initiators to wizards+fodder

37 posts in this topic

Posted

It's crazy how fast people forget why they began playing in the first place, for many, like myself, it was the videos. Especially those by steparu, and i really liked the awakening videos. But so much has changed, much for the worse. 

• Warriors went from being shield walls to muso wanabee hack and slashers
  • Sorcs went from being specialized mid range fighters to 1 combo KO killers 
  • Zerkers went from slow moving heavy hitting bulldozers to whatever the heck they are now (wizard grabbers? CC bots?)
  • Rangers went from mid/long range fire support to 1 combo KO killers
  • Valks went from frontline support to taking over berserkers original role to some extent (i dont think valks even know what they are anymore
  • Wizards became the permanent meta breakers by essentially filling the role of long and short range nuclear ballistics in a medieval fantasy world

Whatever is shown in this video is gone entirely and replaced with aoe spam just like any other MMO except in BDO it's filled with lag, animation bugs, and extreme player culling

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yea the game needs to be reverted back to this asap. I want my gameplay to be so slow and boring I can sit on the walls and chill during a siege, like the two guys @10:10.

Edited by Ace_SiN

Posted

spoiler alert, this game was never about shield walls. The idiots that played/formed their guild that way got farmed and obliterated while they RP'ed their formations.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

• Zerkers went from slow moving heavy hitting bulldozers to whatever the heck they are now (wizard grabbers? CC bots?)

I get 30-50kills a siege as a saiyer zerker with 207 AP (Full Accuracy Stacked) and over 300DP. 

I also have a full DP set where I just CC people in there base and it works amazingly well. 

Once inside a base zerkers are also hilarious. Climb up the enemies wall, heal to full HP, jump back down and continue to CC and Kill. Rinse-Repeat.

Zerkers flame buster also does a huge amount of damage at level 61 with big range if you are accuracy stacked (the skill has 0 accuracy by default). There's actually a siege video of me shooting people with it at only level 60 and doing 30-40% of there HP when they have 283 DP when I get clear shots in

People underestimate zerkers in sieges because they don't have 100 kills like wizards, but plot twist, kills isnt everything, and they can still chunk you very quickly if they get a float off on you. I've killed people with 2 or 3 skills before if they get floated

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Pvp is like this:

Wizards use protected area then press their other button at 100%

Witches use protected area and their not as good as wizard button

Warriors get 100% and press their button

Valks press vacuum, their 100% button then wait to respawn

Sorcerers get 100% then press their button then lament about dark flame days while they respawn 

Berserkers press 100% and hope to interupt things above from 100%

DKs shoot things at range and hope to kill someone before it can 100%

Classes with grab try and grab to prevent classes above from 100% starting at top ans going down. If  wizard just follow with 100%

Ninjas wait for E buff and kill a building being constructed or something from top down. Then wait for e buff

Everything else is just a distraction to waste the time of people trying to kill things with 100% buttons going top down. 

9 people like this

Posted

reallymakesyouthink.png

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah, wizards became pretty unique after awakening. They went from ranged DMG support to ranged melee AOE DMG dealer tank healer assassin support. So they are pretty much the best at everything. Except mobility. Musa and maehwa can run faster if they spam potion, but no one else.

So... A legit god mode. I would really like to know what was the design team smoking when they made its awakening, cause they were high as -----...

Edited by Kenwulf
4 people like this

Posted

hhahaha another kid got rekt by a wiz

Posted

Yeah, wizards became pretty unique after awakening. They went from ranged DMG support to ranged melee AOE DMG dealer tank healer assassin support. So they are pretty much the best at everything. Except mobility. Musa and maehwa can run faster if they spam potion, but no one else.

So... A legit god mode. I would really like to know what was the design team smoking when they made its awakening, cause they were high as -----...

I bet the game could be better without mages :ph34r:

Posted

I bet the game could be better without mages :ph34r:

node wars used to be fun before wiz awakening, yeah. Now it's just catch the enemy wizard before he can ult.

1 person likes this

Posted

Makes ye think

Posted

Nerf the wizard pls. Im tired of being excused as OP after killing 10 people alone

Posted

Can confirm Berserker CC bot. 

Posted

It is like this because the ppl back in the day didnt know better. They could have done in your words "spam spam spam" and it would have been the same as now. Well, pre awak meta ofc.

Posted

Just change all 100% abilities to be 200% abilities. (energy transfer to use) 

And nerf wiz/witch accuracy bonuses and/or make protected area not overlap 

1 person likes this

Posted

valks can gather rough stone to repair the tower :P 

at leas I know what to do in node war

repair tower, refill the flamethrower and hwacha
or press "space" to FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEE!!
yeah! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorcerers get 100% then press their button then lament about dark flame days while they respawn 

This.

Posted

• Valks went from frontline support to taking over berserkers original role to some extent (i dont think valks even know what they are anymore

We know exactly who we are, We're the Lifeskiller/RP class, thank you very much. 

Posted

Since when were zerker slow moving heavy hitters?  Launch preawakening was garbo for damage and if you knew how the class was quite fast

Posted

so much for DK being OP

DK isn't even top tier she's heavily nerfed in KR, I believe they exported the nerfed version of DK. I dare to say she's like low-mid tier at best.

If u fight a WZ head on with DK u'll get obliterated for sure, even though I'd say the firepower is roughly equal, the stupid WZ has so much more tankiness and accuracy than DK.

PA and magic shield should be removed from the game ASAP.

Posted

so much for DK being OP

DK isn't even top tier she's heavily nerfed in KR, I believe they exported the nerfed version of DK. I dare to say she's like low-mid tier at best.

If u fight a WZ head on with DK u'll get obliterated for sure, even though I'd say the firepower is roughly equal, the stupid WZ has so much more tankiness and accuracy than DK.

I switched to dk and I think she is good, but she needs a lot more gear than wizard witch. Koreans have that gear, but on na eu not many do. And unlike wizards, she has strengths and weaknesses.... Not just strengths... At this point I don't think she needs a Nerf, but I only have 221 ap on her. Maybe if I get higher she will look more op.

Posted

so much for DK being OP

How many classes have you rerolled to and complained about? Please just quit the game.

Posted (edited)

It's crazy how fast people forget why they began playing in the first place, for many, like myself, it was the videos. Especially those by steparu, and i really liked the awakening videos. But so much has changed, much for the worse. 

• Wizards became the permanent meta breakers by essentially filling the role of long and short range nuclear ballistics in a medieval fantasy world

Whatever is shown in this video is gone entirely and replaced with aoe spam just like any other MMO except in BDO it's filled with lag, animation bugs, and extreme player culling

As usual the frostfire propaganda train, If you don't believe me check his profile,every thread he starts is just a complaint,just continued ways of trying to get everyone riled up or triggered. There should be that if all you ever create is threads about why the game sucks that they should just cancel your account lmao. Since you obviously hate everything about it judging by all the threads you have created.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

How many classes have you rerolled to and complained about? Please just quit the game.

lol this WZ

Posted (edited)

In regards to sorc, you are wrong. Pre CC nerfs/changes and way before awakenings, sorcs were the kings of one combo kill. We had the longest CC chains in the game and we are the reason of the CC nerfs/changes. Sorceress was always a brawlers type of class with some mid-ranged abilities (most of them useless both back then and now) very dependent on CC chains. After the CC chains nerf and multiple nerfs to the sorc class itself (chance of ccs to land and heavy accuracy nerfs - going from the class with the highest accuracy to the class with lowest accuracy in game), sorc become one trick-pony, capable of dealing just 1 type of CC (reliably), which is knockdown, and then hope to melt the enemy (hard to do on evasion builders - mehwa and many other classes have higher burst now).

Also, what you see there is Alpha/CBT1 footage, where the combat was much slower. After CBT1 the comabt was overhauled, to speed it up, remove unecesary long animations and such, because in alpha/cbt1 the combat felt good if the game were a single player rpg, but it was ment to be a mmorpg.

so much for DK being OP

That is false and you are delusional. DK is the strongest class in KR atm, followed by wizard and then witch. This is both aknowledged by Pearl Abyss themselves and the players. Also, people with eyes can watch the siege scene in KR, and see that DKs are up there in top5 kills in every siege in evert guild. DK is also the class that had mosr representants in the 2v2 and 3v3 trounaments that made it into top16.  DK is OP.

Edited by Chun-Chun
2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0