• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fail stacks a fail since last update

24 posts in this topic

Posted

So the last update gave us a new system for enhancements, with the extra option now to use the durability feature.

Maybe its just me and my terrible history with RNG, but to me it seems to have made matters worse.

Case in point; I have several blue items that have been my old reliable fail stack makers. All of which are normally kept at +13 to +14 and in the rare occasion if needed they flip to 15 I have a low level negative karma character to address that. I have been stockpiling mats for a week, and decided it was time to try an another big upgrade. I had 5 pieces of gear flip from +14 to +15 on me while trying to make failstacks. Normally each piece was extremely reliable for atleast 10-15 stacks. All of these items flipped with less than 10 stacks, two of which flipped at 6 stacks and 8 stacks. Once I would call it bad luck, twice I would call it a coincedence but 5 different items??? I would call that a fail..or maybe "BROKEN".

So, is it just me and my lousy luck, or have others noticed this pattern?

3 people like this

Posted

It's RNG, got to 20 FS multiple times using my +14 Reblath for enchanting my belts. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Imho it's just your luck, I didn't notice any change in the cancerous process that is failstacking.

I sometimes reach 25+, sometimes it flips at +1, rng at its best.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

I experienced the same. Somehow I can't get over 20 fs before I reach +15 on a green armor item using durable enhance method. Before the patch, I usually got 20 fs easily and once in a while +15 on 5 fs, but after the patch, I get 100% +15 at 10-15 fs. I even got +15 on 0-5 fs on 3x green items in a row. 

If it's RNG then I want to know why spent around 800 black stones armor and only managed to get past 20 fs 4 times. Also I tried to get past 25 fs, but instead I got TRI grunils on 20 fs 4 times in a row. 

If these enhancement success were like my TET clicks, I would've been running with full PEN gear by now....

1 person likes this

Posted

I had 3 pieces of grunil (+11 helmet, +13 boots, +11 armor), used Durable on all of them, swapped each after two taps.  I got 5 characters +25 fail stacks off that before one hit +15.

Then i was down to two pieces, +13 and +14, got +20's off those.  When i was down to one piece, I couldn't reliably get +15 or higher.

So, it seems like failstacking is still working fine, and slightly better.  You just need to use lots of pieces at once, as is recommended.

Though as far as PRI/DUO pieces, I've had terrible luck there as well.  TRI on DUO grunil with +19 and +20 more than once each.  9_9

Posted (edited)

I have personally noticed nothing bad/bugged about the system. My reblath is just as RNG-ey as before, I can still get to 18-20 FS about 50% of the time.

Green gear seems slightly better than before. Slightly.

This is over roughly 220mil spent on enhancing, obviously not all of it was spent on reblath, and green gear, maybe 40mil was spent on mem frags, the rest spent on blackstones and a few concentrated when my supply ran out.

Now that I think about it, my sample size info is useless, just wanted to show that while I don't have specific numbers, it is a large pool of data and I didn't notice any negative trends.

Edited by LeWaffles
Provided general sample size

Posted

If the durability option wasn't displayed I don't think anyone could tell the difference.

Imho it's just your luck, I didn't notice any change in the cancerous process that is failstacking.

I sometimes reach 25+, sometimes it flips at +1, rng at its best.

YOU WHERE NEVER INTENDED TO BUILD FAIL STACKS

YOU WHERE SUPPOSED TO BUY THEM

#not_worth_investing_in_Kakao

Posted (edited)

I've just been doing so fail-stacking with the new durability option and I have observed the same as OP. It's really hard to get much above 15 on green armour and oftem pops as easy as reblath. So this raises a number of questions:

1: Is it bugged and you get more success with less durability loss?

2. Is the first option the same as before and it's just a new option they added or did they intend to increase the chance on the old system?

3. What does this new system, however it is working, do for the enchant tables that everyone uses for recommended fs to get your gear up?

I suspect 3 doesn't matter much as it's only for greens up to +14

Edited by Sandpit

Posted

If the durability option wasn't displayed I don't think anyone could tell the difference.

YOU WHERE NEVER INTENDED TO BUILD FAIL STACKS

YOU WHERE SUPPOSED TO BUY THEM

#not_worth_investing_in_Kakao

And by rights we should be able to use energy to generate 'fail stacks'. Though if there was such a system the number of Black Stones in the game would go through the roof because we don't have the shards to justify them.

The new system allows you to force to higher with less demand for repair items but it stops working when Pri to Pen kicks in, ignores accessories and that's where most people get in less than a month of game due to the leveling speed to 52 and up.

tl:dr we are still gear starved.

Posted

It looks like the intent of the new option is to enable you to use green items to generate higher failstacks. Which is great if it works, problem is it appears to be broken.

Posted

It looks like the intent of the new option is to enable you to use green items to generate higher failstacks. Which is great if it works, problem is it appears to be broken.

Raised an agerian helmet from +6 to + 13 without reaching 7fs as max. Twice got +11 and +12 without fails

Tried again on other 3 pieces. Something is wrong cause i m not literally able to go over 11 fs

Posted

So, the result of my experience with the depressing method known as failstacking is ..

You fail at either failing or enhancing, never personally had a case where I succeed at both. Getting "gud" at the game doesn't help as the RNG is programmed in and, I am absolutely sure, manipulated based on the concept that as long as you keep the ~ 1% succeeding in the enhance range, then PA/Kakao cannot be blamed.

Posted

I spent like 800 stones the other day with nothing to show for it. I usually do luck armor and I could get to 20 stacks for the life of me.

Posted

the nature of randomness seems hard to grasp for idiots.

Posted

the nature of randomness seems hard to grasp for idiots.

Says the biggest idiot here.

That is exactly why people are discussing this, to establish if it's just an isolated bit of luck or if there is a general pattern to confirm that a new feature is not working as intended.

It is you that has no concept or probability and randomness. Go back to school, and this time pay attention.

Posted

Says the biggest idiot here.

That is exactly why people are discussing this, to establish if it's just an isolated bit of luck or if there is a general pattern to confirm that a new feature is not working as intended.

It is you that has no concept or probability and randomness. Go back to school, and this time pay attention.

Looks like I pushed somewhere it hurts.

You are like 2 who "felt" like "something was wrong".... just like everytime a patch kicks in...

Bing in serious numbers if you wanna discuss something like that.

Posted

And you stating that everyone is an idiot brings what exactly to the discussion?

Posted

The core problem is the fact that this is in general a bad, very flawed system.

RNG is not game design.

A little RNG keeps things interesting in games.

Absolute reliance on RNG is the opposite of progression, and it makes player choice feel meaningless. Your choices and actions don't mean anything because ultimately, everything is a massive dice roll.

A system that requires such an enormous amount of failure, and even then you can actually FAIL at failing, is nothing but pure misery.

2 people like this

Posted

Just got +15 on a blue offhand with 2 failstacks under durability option Good-----inggame shitty deps. Time for a new line of work.

Posted

I use to reliably get 28 fs off +14-+15, now im lucky to get 15, it is obvious the new system is meant to be a gold sink on failing pri to duo thus wasting millions more.

Posted

It is WAY WAY WAY WORSE! The Reason for this .. you have too many players using hacks to exploit the investment system and bdo is doing nothing about it! Not only that but who wants to waste items like that, when you can resell on the market anyway! this is absolutely ridiculous! The entire BDO Combat system for PVP is completely broken in BDO. "BDO is monopoly'd by exploiters and hackers! Every MMORPG Completely falls on its face and dead in the water of the same ole crap! I mean cmon! Im at 96 failstacks for a TET, and I just watched someone get a TET on 36 Failstacks Twice! WTF? They Need to get RID of the Macro Botters. I have seen people macro botting all the time in BDO. The Investment bank hack is going around so bad that theyre killing the player base through node wars and open world pvp and now theyre sending people to jail over and over cause your karma doesnt reset after doing the quest to get out of jail so when you get killed just after leaving they spawn camp and send you back in! 

The Market is Broken! the sell prices are way OFF in reducement, and you are forced to buy value packs which you cant even get with in game currency to continue playing cause if you have a crappy net connection you ARE NEVER EVER !!! Buying those from the market without using a macro bot to macro function and spam with a external program. If you take notice the same people are buying out all the upgrades materials! those are the exploiters that have gotten TRILLIONS from the hacks theyre using and thats why you cant get ahold of certain items in the game.

BDO is once again broken like it was a year ago .. fail stacking is broken the market is broken combat is broken drop rate is broken.. ( if you notice when you go to valencia all you get for gear drops is rocaba and its very very few, ancient scrolls, and vendor items.) nothing really worth selling since grunil is over priced and rocaba is what 20 K? anyways! once you get to valencia dont expect to level your node to level 10 for any reason its a complete waste of time! that is why you see everyone going after Karanda and all the epic pieces ! value is value! oh but wait it gets better !!! if there are too many people fighting karanda you will NOT got any drops cause of the swarm of people at the world boss.. oh but wait your gonna change channels ! NOPE happened on that channel too! guess what change channels again! nOPE! cant do that why!?! Timer for 12 min! :( by then all world bosses are down and you died losing transfusion crystals for nothing. rinse repeat fail fail fail!

Posted

Thats why u should only use rebalth .. Why spend so much more money on blue items repair when u can get reliable stacks from 14 to 15 on rebalth. I usually get about 20- 25. Yes sometimes it does fail but at least is cheap. 

Posted

you might as well just do life skills in the game and be a afk fisher until bdo gets done mopping up this HUGE Mess ONCE AGAIN same thing happened after BDO started over a year ago. theyre trying to keep people entertained with events to barely hold onto their player base!

everyone knows about reblath during last patch they implemented a full random success rate to throw reblath off, and now you can get your PRI DUO TRI TET AND PEN at 0 FAilstacks!

one word!  " BROKEN "

wanna make money in the game just go spam 100k bars through  the investment banks with tons of workers ! its the new exploit everyone is doing now from what everyone is talking about on the server channels!

For now im telling my whole guild just to save and stockpile items until they hopefully fix all these issues in this game... i mean shit! i wish i was able to go to pearl abyss i would have this fixed up in a jippy! 

Posted

you might as well just do life skills in the game and be a afk fisher until bdo gets done mopping up this HUGE Mess ONCE AGAIN same thing happened after BDO started over a year ago. theyre trying to keep people entertained with events to barely hold onto their player base!

everyone knows about reblath during last patch they implemented a full random success rate to throw reblath off, and now you can get your PRI DUO TRI TET AND PEN at 0 FAilstacks!

one word!  " BROKEN "

wanna make money in the game just go spam 100k bars through  the investment banks with tons of workers ! its the new exploit everyone is doing now from what everyone is talking about on the server channels!

For now im telling my whole guild just to save and stockpile items until they hopefully fix all these issues in this game... i mean shit! i wish i was able to go to pearl abyss i would have this fixed up in a jippy! 

why are u here complaining then? Go make all this money u so speak off. Or switch games, its simple. I love ppl whining its so funny.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0