• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Wizard PvP Guides, Advice, Basic Strategies

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all,

After leveling 5 characters to awakened and playing warrior as main for a month, I've finally settled into wizard as my main. Level 58 with 177/183/223 gear. 

I've been playing about 6 weeks. I've mostly just done total PvE grinding and lifeskilling for money and leveling up characters to figure out what I want to main. 

I really have no idea how to PvP with my class and it is kinda frustrating. I've looked for good starter wizard PvP tutorials/guides but all I can find are "show off" videos that don't explain anything (and usually just have some loud butt-rock soundtrack going) where someone is blowing people up. I have no idea what they are actually doing, if they are actually skilled or if they are just nuking scrubs with way worse gear.

The only actual guides or videos with explainations are like 1+ year old and pre-awakened.

Does anyone know of any good guides/videos/video-series/etc. that talk about PvP as a wizard post-awakening?

I know it will take practice and experimentation in game, which is totally cool - I get that. But I like to do research/study in advance so I have a place to start.

Thanks!

Posted

I'm more of a witch player but I can give you some advice.

Pre-awakened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piEh0TQAeSM&t=2134s

Awakened:

• Lava field - gets more agro
  • RMB when pet summoning cd is reset - the next atk of the summon will stiffen
  • swapping between awaken and non awaken will give you frontal block
  • while pvp move alot for the best desync to avoid most stuff
  • You have one down smash or grab to prolong your combos (you could use freeze but it aint tht wise)
  • super armor will resist CC when it is IN the animation not at the beginning
  • C + walk to a direction gives a faster swap weapons
  • C + S will switch weapons while teleporting
  • LMB - stand still>move>stand still will shoots alot of bullets which will regenerate fast or just put manadrain on ur hotkeybar
  • putting healing aura/spellbound heart on ur hotkey bar willl not let you switch out to your non awakened weapon
  • putting your summons on ur hotkey bar will give you the possibility to desummon
  • lock one of the summons will negate changing summons while casting (f)
  • auto aim by holding LMB onto the red crosshair will give you opportunities to cast several spells directly onto the foe
  • putting your camera higher will let you cast over terain but will be harder to fight at close range

I could miss out on somethings but I geuss with this you will still progress. For further questions ask real wizards on discort.

https://discord.gg/tsSvKsG

Posted

Tele in spam all the skill with superarmor?  Why u need a guide?

Posted

Tele in spam all the skill with superarmor?  Why u need a guide?

because some people want to be better then to blow up everytime he goes in.

Posted

because some people want to be better then to blow up everytime he goes in.

Exactly.

Right now I am trash. My first goal is to stop being trash. After I attain that goal, I want to become decent. Then after that, good. I'll worry about goals beyond that when I get good.

Posted

Bump for more info? :)

Posted

Exactly.

Right now I am trash. My first goal is to stop being trash. After I attain that goal, I want to become decent. Then after that, good. I'll worry about goals beyond that when I get good.

Same here I have similar AP/DP and started leveling the class 2 weeks ago. Almost 59 but so scruby in pvp. I can't tell if im getting better or just blowing up people with worse gear. I started going into red battle field and I feel its helping a bit. 

1 person likes this