• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

XIGNCODE3 Cpu usage

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Since this last patch, the process xcoronahost.xem has been taking up about 25% of my cpu, along with the usual 50% from the Black Desert process, my cpu is constantly at 75-80% while running only the game and no other programs. I've tried restarting my game, my computer, and running a repair but the process is still there. Why is the XIGNCODE3 system process all of a sudden taking up so much cpu usage?

Specs:

Intel i5-3570 3.40Ghz

Nvidia GTX 770

16 GB Ram

750GB SSD

2 people like this

Posted

For me its either this or the XCORONAHOST.XEM*32 that is always at 25% CPU usage. Let alone the coherent mess that starts using up a ton of cpu usage.

Fix your dam game.

Posted

I have this problem too

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Its unreal how such a flaw could go unchecked for so dam long. It's a massive fps loss when they start tapping out 25% across all the cores let alone the actual client.

Edit: Having this issue pretty much makes minimizing the game to the systray even though its using up 75% of the cpu.

Edited by ZeuZ

Posted (edited)

Today's patch has caused a massive jump in CPU use for xcoronahost.xem for me. It is averaging to be almost the same amount as BlackDesert64.exe itself is using.

Edit - Seems a simple PC reboot sorted it in my case.

Edited by Gharlane

Posted

I have the same issue but it started a few weeks ago for me.  CPU is always at or around 100% all the time.

Posted (edited)

Same, I thought they would fix it this patch but nope.

EDIT: This is literally making the game unplayable, wasting away my value pack. Disappointing.

Edited by Cranberries

Posted

While my high CPU issue did not go away till I rebooted my PC before I did that I tried an old fix of renaming/deleting xcorona.xem so its possible the combination of the 2 fixed it rather than just the reboot.

Details at http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/73045-high-cpu-utilization-fix/  for anyone who has tried everything else.

I tried doing this, deleted the files then restarted my computer, but nothing changed. I might try playing around with the files more though.

Posted

yup can confirm. xigncode is launching the 32bit again and causing massive cpu usage. pls fix

Posted

I have same problem it started before patch xincode constantly use 25% of cpu

Posted

Also confirming that I am seeing xcoronahost.xem *32 chewing up 1 thread 100% (13% total usage on i7) since this patch. Tried restarting the computer/game/filecheck/deletion of some xigncode files and nothing works. Doesn't appear to do it on my windows 10 home 64bit laptop but is doing it on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Though I doubt there will be any technical support people reading this...

Posted

Same here, this needs to get fixed asap.

Posted

Same issue 

Posted

Another day passes without a fix or even an acknowledgment of the ongoing major issue.

Posted (edited)

Posting again from the other thread:

Core i7 2600k and Win7 Pro 64-bit here. No problems prior to patch, but now xcoronahost.xem constantly occupies an entire CPU core as seen via Windows Task Manager. Setting CPU core affinities or application priority does little to nothing, and I get major stuttering and hitching during intensive combat situations and in crowded cities, whereas I didn't before.

It's bad enough that we're required to install this borderline spyware on our computers. I hope to see this get fixed sooner rather than later.

Edited by mega milk

Posted

They have yet to acknowledge the issue or just choose to ignore it altogether. It probably only affects a very small percentage of the player base and is probably not cost effective for them to put forth the resources to find and fix the problem. I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone else to where trying to play when its cranked up its literally impossible.

Posted

I play on an overclocked i5 4690k with an overclocked gtx 970. Never had issues before but my CPU sits at 85-90% when fishing in Altinova. Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit here.
Even changing Xcoronahost priority doesn't change a thing. 
I seriously hope they fix it asap. I don't want to be forced to upgrade to win 10 just because a bug gets ignored by the devs.

Posted (edited)

Same here.

i7 860 (4 core 8 threads) processor and when game runs in background all threads are used by arround 40%, but when i switch to game core1 jumps to 100% while others fall 0-15% and that causes game freezes and crushes every 20min...

Edited by emcinek