• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you think there will ever be an MMO that looks as good as Black Desert in the near future?

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just checked out Ashes of Creation, and I agree with your 60% premise, so far.

The combat in that game look SO BAD. Also, its a p2p, but other than that for other game mecanic it indeed look better

But, any game with no ( /way way way way less ) RNG walled gameplay will be a blast of fresh air

Personaly, for now, i just want to see moonlight blade western version to try that out.

Edited by woots

Posted

Only Bluehole studio can do better or close.

They can't even make their own game without stealing from someone else. See: Tera is Lineage 3 stuff scattered across the internet. They most certainly can't do better.

Posted

I´m less worried about graphics than gameplay :D Graphicwise I´m sure more and more games will reach this quality and beyond but will they be fun and offer as much as BDO?

Posted

I had a good laugh.

You realize how funny that was to read coming from someone who got bait and switched into a massive cash shop that was indirectly and very much pushed on the beta community wouldnt exist?

Would take one heck of scam to top that one, no mans sky has more morals than that. 

Posted

No.

Posted

For sure there is not going to be near future mmo with such good combat/combo system.

Posted

Of course MMO's with better graphics will come out. 

Besides, it's not that hard to make a pretty game with breathtaking scenery, detailed characters and stuff that looks good. It's making sure performance stays decent, combat responsive and smooth gameplay in general for hundred thousands of players logged into the game, that's the complicated part.

All MMORPG's looks better and more detailed as time goes by really. But gaming creators still haven't made and maintained a MMORPG that's free of lag and fps drops. Not even one. Good performance is also the most important thing, if you ask the playerbase(not how pretty the sunrise is).

Also kinda funny(or sad) how creators of new games always claims their innovative engine design and superior optimization blah blah allows thousands of players in the same area doing large scale PvP no lag lol. So you play the game like 2-3 months after release and yeah, worse -----ing slide show ever.

Posted

If there is one, it will most likely be more Themepark.

The newer MMO trends right now point to Themepark, Survival Sandbox, Space Sim (with the few SuperHero Kickstarters round now)

The newer trends point to more niche games.

Posted (edited)

I had a good laugh.

You realize how funny that was to read coming from someone who got bait and switched into a massive cash shop that was indirectly and very much pushed on the beta community wouldnt exist?

Would take one heck of scam to top that one, no mans sky has more morals than that. 

What are you talking about? For a large portion of CBT, they didn't even have their cash shop plans out. I believe the second or third one was where they gave out info on their cash shop plans. They didn't make any promises as to not include them. There was talks of a new karma system and shit, but all that got thrown out the window. If you're talking about the changes they said they weren't including like the value packs, there was a note saying that things could change in the future. Don't believe me? Go to my profile. Look at my join date. I've been here a very long time, bud.

Edited by Xenon

Posted

I've been looking at Ashes of Creation.  It just went to Kickstarter but there's a lot of things that, if the dev team can do it, looks very promising.

Posted (edited)

If there is it won't be a western game. All western mmos are being funded by kickstart now and look like they belong in the early 2000s and any big name company will just make some garbage theme park tab target rehash and won't be anything new. We have to rely on eastern developers it seems

Edited by Cat Box

Posted

I love BDO, but I will def be looking into/playing Chronicles of Elyria. Everything else is kinda eehhhhh...

Posted

BDO also has combat that is unbeatable rn.

so unbeatable that is zero skill based with tons of desync (in pvp, who cares about pve its a shit grindfest anyway)

i really hope no mmo comes out with a graphic like this, why? becouse with big events comes low fps and pvping with 10 fps inst fun at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

MMO's that will soon kill BDO with percentage estimates

Star citizen- 20% will leave for it

Crowfall- 10% will leave for it

Ashes of creation- 60% will leave for it

Albion online- 5% will leave for it

Camelot unchained- 20% will leave for it

Yeah and another 90% will leave before cause no new content, no balance and crap servers.

Posted (edited)

Amazon is currently the last publisher willing to launch an AAA MMO title, (and they hired shit tons of names from other companies).

Regarding graphical aspects, since it's what is discussed here, they are also developping their own engine, Lumberyard, that said MMO, New World, will use (note that it's not footage from the game, but from the engine only).
Even if we can bet that it won't be this smootth and detailled Ingame, with other players, UI and all that stuff, It's more than probable that it will outclass BDO's engine indeed.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted (edited)

MMO's that will soon kill BDO with percentage estimates

Star citizen- 20% will leave for it

Crowfall- 10% will leave for it

Ashes of creation- 60% will leave for it

Albion online- 5% will leave for it

Camelot unchained- 20% will leave for it

Half of witch have cartoon graphics not to mention those are all years out and half of them the hype train died a long time ago

Edited by Ironjaw
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In my mind, Art & Design different from /////// Graphics setting optimal capacity.

Art, design ? All I can say is that BDO is a success. As were some other MMORPGs. Unique world, factions, buildings, deserts, weapons, implants, mechanics.. and players.

Graffic settings ? Yes, the best graphics available in BDO will become ugly, sharp and horribly basic. Only a question of time.

Edited by Fanny

Posted

That "Looks as good?" ; No.

Posted

I guess it will happen. Maybe even better than BDO?

Posted

I do not know how it's going to make money. As for "rubber-banding", I think that is unique to BDO

in BDO, the game will literally rubber-band you back, 2 feet, if the server can't 100% control your movement.

It's not unique to bdo. I've had it multiple times in Aion (when I used to play that like.... 6-7 years ago?), especially during sieges (basically our node wars/conquest) or contested (by both factions) event open world bosses. It was worse than bdo is rn, but it also could be 50-400 ppl at once xD. Heck, sometimes you'd even rubber-band in cities, making you wonder why the hell you weren't getting anywhere :'). (Aion EU + NA btw, tried both).

Posted

Ashes of creation, but that is if they improve their crappy combat, if they do so, then no doubt.

Posted (edited)

The thing about Ashes,  engine-wise, is it's Unreal 4 ... of COURSE it's going to look better than anything else out there.  Ue4 also has one of the best intermediate Coding toolsets in the entire industry b/c of Blueprints. And while it's not unlimited potential, its Dynamic rigging/physics are pretty darn on par with professional level programs like Maya-LT or atleast better than the Crap those idiots at Bioware were trying to make work.  But it has one massive issue which is Netcoding.  This is the whole reason you don't see tons of MMORPG's coming out on Ue4 like you see so many Single Player games coming out on it

I had a good laugh.

Who got Baited??... I knew this game was going to be a Grindfest that's why I only bought the $30 option and then never spent another dime.  I even knew it was going to have Terrible uninteresting A.I. b/c the first thing I read about it review wise was an Interview with the Developers where they literally admitted TWICE that they had a lot of improvement to make in that area

But how about actually addressing the point I made?... or maybe address this point (b/c it's made quite a bit better than I can currently make it myself):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIxgwOUBLcw

Edited by iller

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0