• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Keep lifeskilling on main or make alts?

37 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I currently have 6 toons, going on 7 soon.... Any toon will gather, just depends who is where. 

1. Main Scout, the toon I first open up an area with, nodes and so on..... If I decide to do end game or pvp, will be main for this

2. Main character... Follows behind the main, this is the character I use most for game immersion... pve only toon, main for pve.

3. Alt 1.... Fishing, she lives in Velia (processes for herself only when space is low and I need to get space back processing grey and greens. 

4. Alt. 2... Horse training, lives in Heidel

5. Alt 3... Processing, lives in Calpheon (processing of all else, items I trade or sell on market)

6. Alt 4..... Cook, Lives in Heidel (Processing for herself only)

7. Alt 5... (not yet created) will be a dedicated trader, like a truck driver, will sleep over in any city. 

I find it is way better and keeps me more organised to have a "family" all working to help each other. I am also getting more contribution points, the  more I level up each one (doing the missions).  Also, it is a huge time saver in the long run, having alts in different cities... You need something done there, log in with that alt and no unnecessary travel time. 

Enjoy!

BTW, my wife is following the same formula I am using..... It is working great for her too. 

Edited by themanthatisi

Posted (edited)

I use the char that has most LT and 192 inventory slots, I purchased all life skill costumes on that toon and placed my life skill alt calpheon so I can switch between my main class when i want to grind or do pvp and switch back to life skill alt when i go afk or don't want to actively play the game

Edited by Uthgnar

Posted

Also, except for one, all are over lvl 40, so I get 400k every day with each toon, I make over 2 mil a day just logging in

What?

Posted (edited)

What?

Removed incorrect information....  

Edited by themanthatisi

Posted

Daily settlement support funds.... 400k each at lvl 40+. Its the daily missions you get from the black spirit.,....  Ok, I have to do a quick mission each after logging in, but its quick. I have one toon still under 40, she gets 200k at lvl 22.  

its 40k not 400k, I don't know where u got that

Posted

its 40k not 400k, I don't know where u got that

I guess the eyes have become that bad..... When I get the mission again tonight, I will definitely move closer to the screen....   I did not mean to provide false information, thanks for enlightening me.  :)

Posted

Do you know what's the peak for processing?

Hard to say.  There's serious diminishing returns.  My IMPRESSION is that getting to high Skilled or low Professional gets you over 90% of the benefit in terms of output and byproducts.  Having said that, there are some small benefits to getting higher levels in some skills.  If you want to do imperial deliveries for alchemy, the big money is at higher levels (Master 1).  In order to see fishing hotspots, you want a higher level.

So, unless you're hardcore/minmaxer/no-life, getting to Pro 1 puts you in really good shape.

Posted

I life skill with my main and doing bosses with alt.

Posted

The only life skill I decided to have split was fishing, just because of the Margoria expansion and how long it takes to get there. Everything else I put on one toon, just because there is enough stuff to manage in the game besides characters.

Posted

I have most of my lifeskills on my main and that worked well for a while. But with the size of the map ever expanding, I have broken my alts up into a Logging team, a Farming team, and a Main/Alt Questing fighting team. That way the Farmers are always near the farms, the loggers are always near the trees etc.

Posted (edited)

I use 3 life skill alts. one for working my farms when they have energy. The other two are used to gather rough stone and logs. My main does the real gathering. Fast horses are nice for reducing travel times. Each alt has a T6 or higher horse.

Edited by Eto

Posted

If it hasn't been mentioned another bonus to doing it on your main is that you'll be playing them the most which means they'll regen more energy for you to spend compared to an alt that isn't always logged on.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0