• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Helping Hand: Guide Contest

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Helping Hand: Guide Contest

As many of our experienced players already know Black Desert has many intricate systems that weave together to make up the entire world.  We would like to invite you to share your knowledge of the BDO World by submitting player made guides.Of course we know this is no small task so for those who wish to participate, you will earn the chance to win some swag by making a Black Desert Online game guide.

• Event Details [All entries must be submitted to via reply to this thread within the given dates to be considered eligible]

• Submission Period: May 3rd - May. 17th

• Winner Selection Conditions:

• Staff’s Pick [ 5/18/2017 ~ 5/23/2017] - 10 Guides will be selected as staff favorites.

• Winners Announcement: May 24th

• Prizes

• Winner will be given their pick of one item from our swag collection.

• Hat or T-Shirt or Black Spirit Pillow

• Guide Specs & Contest Rules [All entries must adhere to these specifications to be considered eligible]

• The guide must be text based, but may also contain images and videos.

• Character Limit: 20,000

• No Plagiarism, you may only submit your own original creation.

• If you previously made a guide you can still submit it, but it must be up to date with the EN Version of the game.

• All entries must be submitted by replying to this thread.

※ If you don't follow the given format above, you will be automatically disqualified!

• Disclaimer

• By submitting your guide(s) for our contest, you understand and agree that the rights and ownership for the use of the guide(s) will automatically belong to Kakao Games Europe B.V. and can be used at Kakao Games Europe B.V.'s discretion.

1 person likes this

Posted

uh. you want us to type out our guide HERE? or do we submit in the guide section and link it here?

Posted

ABUSE

Posted

YO ? Black Spirit PILLOW ? I WANT THAT DOES IT WORKS FOR FREEEENCHIES ??? @GM_Vheena

Posted

Let just make all their work and do the tutorial for them Kappa

4 people like this

Posted

Let just make all their work and do the tutorial for them Kappa

Would..You rather not having any interaction?... I mean.. They can go back to doing that..

Posted (edited)

The Big Farming Guide - By Not_Alice, enjoy ♥

Greetings Folks \o

Here is my guide about farming and everything you need to know about it.

1. How to Start a farm
  2. What should i plant on my farm?
  3. Loot you get from farming.
  4. What does Temperature, Humidity, and Groundwater mean?
  5. Do i need scarecrows, waterways, fertilizer?
  6. Should i use workers to take care of my farm?
  7. Do i get any benefits from a higher profession level?

1.How to start a farm.

To start a farm you need a fence there are 3 types of fences:
Small Fence for 3CP with 4 slots. (Obtainable from Enzo, Difry Hussey, Mael Costa)
Plain Fence for 6CP with 7 slots. (Obtainable from Mercianne Moretti, Paola Toscani, Goolie Gianin, Norma Leight
Strong Fence for 10CP with 10slots. (Obtainable from Flaviano, Geranoa, Lashir)
(Note that you can only rent one fence at a time, so purchase a fence and plant it on your desired location,or put the fence in your storage/mount's inventory, then you can buy the next one)

You may have noticed that the smaller fences have a better slot to cp ratio, however you can only have a maximum of 10 fences.

1.1 Where to set up a fence.
Plants need water so plant your fence at a place with a high groundwater/a rainy area, everywhere around Heidel, Velia and most regions around Calpheon are perfect.
(Click on picture for full size)

2017-04-04_1632464236.jpg

2.What should i plant on my farm?

The most people plant crops for their own use (alchemy, cooking), so plan on what you can use it.
If you are only interested in quick profit, special strawberry is what you want, they are used to upgrade alchemy stones of life (since they give the most exp) and also for several things in cooking and therefore sell very well.

3. Loot you get from farming.

From Harvesting
You get 60-80 (70 average) normal crops, 40-60 (50 average) high quality and 20-40 (30 average) special quality crops from harvesting a plant that takes 1 slot, (this is doubled for crops that need 2 slots).
You also have a chance for extra loot that gives you an additional 1-5 crops.
If your plant is at 200% growth it will yield only 50%

From Breeding:
1-3 (1.6 average) seeds of the same quality or higher. (mostly 1 or 2 seeds getting 3 is rather rare).
Trashloot
Fruits, here a list of which fruits you get from which plants:
Fruit of Crimson Flame: Garlic, Hot Pepper, Pepper, Olives, Pumpkin
Fruit of Abundance: Sunflower, Strawberry, Garlic, Onion
Fruit of Nature: Carrot, Barley, Sweet Potatoe, Potatoe, Acacia, Dalvenia Alrea, Fig, Freekeh, Leccinum, Nolia, Nutmeg, Pie Mushroom, Purple Mushroom, Penestraria, Star Anise, Teff
Fruit of the Sun: Corn, Wheat, Tomato, Paprika, 
Fruit of Magic Power: Emperor Mushroom, Fortuneteller Mushroom, Hump Mushroom, Tiger Mushroom
Fruit of Enchantment:  (All herbs) Dry Mane Grass, Fire Flake Flower, Silk Honey Grass, Silver Azaleah, Sunrise Herb
Fruit of Perfection: Arrow Mushroom, Bluffer Mushroom, Cloud Mushroom, Fog Mushroom
Fruit of Destruction: Amanita Mushroom, Ancient Mushroom, Dwarf Mushroom, Ghost Mushroom, Sky Mushroom

From Removing Pests:
1-10 Weeds, Caterpillar, Spirit's Leaf, Female Kermes, Hard Black Crystal Shard, Sharp Black Crystal Shard

From Pruning:
1-10 Weeds, Twig, Monk's Branch, Hard Black Crystal Shard, Sharp Black Crystal Shard

4. What does Temperature, Humidity, and Groundwater mean?

Temperature = gives the % amount by how much your plant grows in 5 minutes.
The growth greatly varies if the temperature isn't optimal, so make sure that your plants have it nice and cozy.
(example special strawberry)
Good Temperature = 5h 12m 30sec
Cold Temperature = 16h 40m
Hot Temperature = 10h 25m
temperature.png

Humidity = gives the % chance that your plants will get blighted by Insects/Pests every 5 minutes.
(example special dry mane grass)
humi.png

Groundwater = is very important for your plants without water your moisture level will sink and if it reaches 0 your plants rot and will yield 50% less.
So always be sure to set up your fences at a place with enough water!

5. Do i need scarecrows, waterways, fertilizer?

Scarecrows keep birds away, but the damage the birds do is really insignificant, so you rather use that slot for another plant.
Waterways reduce the Water/Moisture consumption by 50% which is good in dry regions, however if you have enough groundwater you won't need them.
Fertilizer increase the growing speed of all nearby plants by 20% for a maximum of 1 hour.

6.Should i use workers to take care of my farm?

No, you should not, workers can't gather Hard/Sharp Shards, they pretty much always give you weeds and consume a huge amount of beer, i don't recommend it.

7. Do i get any benefits from a higher profession level?

The only benefit is a reduction in energy consumption, at master there is a 25% ~ chance to consume energy
There might also be an increased droprate in Hard/Sharp shards, but i don't have datas from lower skill levels so i'm not 100% sure about it.

If you have any questions, concerns or complains let me know.

Cheers, Not_Alice

German Version here >Link< 

Edited by Not_Alice

Posted

kashkow now ask for free work, and give crap reward.

While, when players PAY, they still got crap service. ahahahahahahha.

GOTY

5 people like this

Posted

The Big Farming Guide - By Not_Alice, enjoy ♥

Hidden Content

German Version here >Link< 

One thing I noticed is that, if you put the fence in storage or on your mount, you can rent another one immediately without having to place it.

May save ppl a few trips.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

GOTY

I don't see any issue with this. The guides could help the community. There are so many outdated guides now, I think a little incentive to refresh them won't hurt anyone.

I'd even consider writing a guide - actually I did consider - especially knowing that they select the top 10 and there are less than 5 guides as of the deadline today so whatever bs u make u can win - but daamn I just don't care about having black desert pillows. Can't be bothered. Give me mere 1000 loyalties and I'll design you something mindblowing but pillows? Bah.

Edited by Erion

Posted

GOTY

Many players create guides anyway. This gives an opportunity for those who created guides or want to create them to get recognition from the company and a little bonus on the side. I've created a few guides myself (for my guild website) with no thought of reward. Now, I have a chance of getting loot from them.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Please make the rewards better.

A lot of players could really use guides, but I don't see many people caring about a throw pillow, t-shirt, or hat >>

At least give people PEARLS for winning this contest!

This is the best idea for a contest, but the rewards are horrendous. I hope people make guides just to be nice, but there isn't going to be a lot of competition.

That being said, I really hope the idea of making guides (as event competitions) happens after every major patch! <3 That would be awesome! 

Edited by Vorkrunne
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Many players create guides anyway. This gives an opportunity for those who created guides or want to create them to get recognition from the company and a little bonus on the side. I've created a few guides myself (for my guild website) with no thought of reward. Now, I have a chance of getting loot from them.

Except they are making that official to have free work, so use it for them as if that was their own work, like for the "fan made trailer contest"

Community guide is always nice ( whatever the software or game ) but when a company look to "take ownership" of thoses... nope nope nope

Disclaimer

• By submitting your guide(s) for our contest, you understand and agree that the rights and ownership for the use of the guide(s) will automatically belong to Kakao Games Europe B.V. and can be used at Kakao Games Europe B.V.'s discretion.

They go below the simple "community help community" thoses guys just ask for free work they are going to use in a "money making situation" while the worker will earn jack sh#t

That's work stealing using naive fan devotion for the game. That's just a sneaky move because thoses guys are just greedy as F# to do the work themself ( so use money for that )

@CM_Yukimura that's a bit "eh... "  to like his answer when you certainly perfectly know what's that """"event"""" mean for the company you are working for. Especialy because of the disclaimer to own the right of the players creation. ;) 

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

Reserved.

Posted

I'd submit my guides if not for this: "By submitting your guide(s) for our contest, you understand and agree that the rights and ownership for the use of the guide(s) will automatically belong to Kakao Games Europe B.V. and can be used at Kakao Games Europe B.V.'s discretion."

No, thanks!

Posted

Basics of playing the black desert of the online

Black desert is a very big and overwhelming game for a lot of players so I gonna make a guide to fill people in on a lot of basics that they may want to know about

1.Leveling- from 1-55 follow the black spirit he shows you to a bunch of grind locations and if you grind for a bit more than is recommended in each spot, you should be able to reach 55 relatively quickly

56- go to sausans with friends or during off times so you don't get instantly deleted 

2.Gearing up- If you are just starting use heve armour- although grunils is good, you lose the entire reason for using it once you get 1 piece of boss armour or something so I just go with heve because a) they are cheaper and b) they allow room for progress. For main hand go krea or rosar depending on class and for off hand go what ever the class discord tells you

3.Nodes-  once you go through the BSQ you should rack a good amount of energy and CP- buy nodes around velia for the cereals and logs - the market place needs more cereals (potatoes,wheat,barley,and corn)

4.Gear upgrading- For armor you can upgrade to +5 100% and probably get to +8-10 without a sweat. For weapons you can get to +7 100% and can maybe get to +9-10 without a sweat. To get further You need to build fails stacks - fail stacks are made by failing an upgrade. I fail stack on my heve, for even if the upgrade goes through, its not that bad because I am using the armor anyways and will still be useful for me . For accessories however make sure you have a file full of puppy pictures because accessories get destroyed immediately if you fail. So if you are mentally ready and have lots of money , go for accessory upgrading.

Thats all new players really need to hop into BDO please give me the plushie

Posted

I have an enchanting/failstack guide as well as a gathering guide. Both can be found here: 

https://bdoenchanting.wordpress.com/

Posted

Reserve.

Posted (edited)

Here is my guide on Loading/Saving Character Templates

The forum post itself is quite long. I have a better version of it in a word document, but I could not upload it due to file size.

:/

60IVnIN.thumb.png.d49dceb8490db0a709fb0b

Loading/Saving a Character Template Guide:

How to load a Character Template

Are you tired of your current character? Do you want something new, something fresh? Have you seen a template online that you'd love to use for your character? Well look no further, this guide will help you get the template you deserve.

1.thumb.png.6f8e16f239f3a9adfc4ceac1c11d

Step 1: Acquire Template

Whether you find your template on www.bdotemplates.com or the Korean BDO content page, you can use them as long as they are for the same character class as the character you want to change.

Simply download the template file from the website (preferably a trusted website).

Once you've downloaded the template, copy the file into the Customization folder in your Black Desert Folder. The steps are shown below...

Step 2: Move Template into Customization Folder

In order to load the character template in the Beauty Shop in the game, you need to move it into the designated folder.

Here are the steps:

dl.thumb.jpg.985d040106460963f8a27314140

th.thumb.jpg.527186a42e052681184c47e6f5asds.thumb.jpg.a2cd60e3f51eee37cdd4bc9311heth.thumb.jpg.f2b0431b846890f08d35484fd

Step 3: Load the Template In-Game

Once you have the template saved in the Customization folder, open the beauty shop in the game.

kikikjty.thumb.png.704b78cbfe198b8768347

Next, you will need to load the file in the Beauty Shop. Here are the steps:

sdffw.thumb.png.456fd3ed3fbaf43ed4382030ergeg.thumb.png.3f26f03ba1875f673a595dfffegegfd.thumb.png.3107faaa0225fe8ced5946gervd.thumb.png.65a9d791913a5c3e90ab5cd0geffdwe.thumb.png.11ad02b3625ab6e1819164

A Fresh New Look!

There you are! Your character looks refreshing with this new look that you just adored when you found it online!

ergfdw.thumb.png.eef9caf62ed55c61a2ec8e6

Applying a Template from the Beauty Album

Next, we will go over how to load a character template from the beauty album.

Below is the series of steps you will need to take...

grefv.thumb.png.6e1736f60e3a96c3a563f2c0

dgeev.thumb.png.d9f109466f4b65e9f44dda70gtrfehy.thumb.png.88395c02549675ecfd39efyhtujuy.thumb.png.cf248cec5f79b2a6b8b2a4jujtyrthr.thumb.png.b1bbb7c03b90f80722bdyjuki.thumb.png.3b9c0ff32806c2b81e2dd465

Personalize!

Now that you have the character you want, you realize that you want to personalize it a bit. That's no problem! Simply edit the character like you would if you were creating your own!

ukukil.thumb.png.b881e7885370e3893498e0cAll Done!

Saving a Character Template In-Game

If you like a template, but don't have a coupon to apply it, you can save it so that you don't have to repeat the process or lose any changes you've made.

Here's how to do that:

2017-05-03_179518541.thumb.png.ca3b04bf62017-05-03_179526068.thumb.png.22f1dc2a7

Name the Template

You will want to name the template something that will remind you of its qualities and which class it applies to.

2017-05-03_179535836.thumb.png.706087adc2017-05-03_179538948.thumb.png.eea9d9cfc

Now when you are ready to change your characters appearance, you can load the template you just saved.

2017-05-03_179551396.thumb.png.0c788ea26

Thank you!

Thanks for using this guide! I hope it was helpful!

2017-05-01_18662581.thumb.png.99a3a88df8

Edited by Alichan

Posted

reserved

Posted

I don't see any issue with this. The guides could help the community. There are so many outdated guides now, I think a little incentive to refresh them won't hurt anyone.

This is why people have reservations about this vvv

• Disclaimer

I don't mind entering contest like this one and the fan made trailer contest. Honestly, I'd love to. But not at the expense of having the company essentially 'steal' it from you legally. If anything, I'd say the fan made trailers and the guides are gonna be put up in steam for their black desert online page which none of us can transfer our accounts to (cause they don't wanna give steam a cut of the pearls bought even though they have a probably more secure way of paying for it than their shitty paymentwall)

1 person likes this

Posted

One thing I noticed is that, if you put the fence in storage or on your mount, you can rent another one immediately without having to place it.

May save ppl a few trips.

thanks, i've added it :)

Posted

I don't mind entering contest like this one and the fan made trailer contest. Honestly, I'd love to. But not at the expense of having the company essentially 'steal' it from you legally. If anything, I'd say the fan made trailers and the guides are gonna be put up in steam for their black desert online page which none of us can transfer our accounts to (cause they don't wanna give steam a cut of the pearls bought even though they have a probably more secure way of paying for it than their shitty paymentwall)

Not to mention that apparently your time is worth a ... t-shirt. That they threw at people at Gamescon. I could understand ingame rewards cause it'd be hard to consider that actual payment for doing something for a game you're doing but... a t-shirt?

Maybe I should submit a guide on "how to buy a t-shirt on 10 simple steps of buying pearls from Kakao".