• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which class to stay with?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everybody - I need your advice. I have all classes at 56, except Wizard and Berserker. Now I have to decide, which class to stick with  for the future. Here are my preferences:

1. I want to play a female character

2. I want to play a melee character

2. My playtime is 70%PVE, 25% 1v1 / small scale PVP and 5% node wars

The contestants are:

- Maehwa (I like the style and the damage, I dislike the cone area of most skills which make grinding a bit slow)

- Tamer (I like the versatility and the good farming speed, I dislike the look a bit - too small)

- Kunoichi (I like the robust skilset and versatility, I dislike the missing damage - at least at 56)

So what do you think is the best class to stay with on the road to level 60?

Posted

The damage area of Maewha doesn't change to my knowledge.  So if that's an issue, don't go with it.

Tamer, meh...you can make them taller, just takes some adjustment and patience to get a look your happy with.  They gave her too good proportions, they should have given her a bigger head because it's "cute" when you're shorter and will look more normal when you go for the tall look.  Though if that's your only hang up, I dunno what to tell ya.  It's a solid class overall, and pretty fun to play.

Kunoichi however might be what you want to go with.  The damage shows up.  A lot of good Kunoichi players are a bit miffed about how things turned out for their class, but even they state that if you stick with it, it's awesome fun.  Tamer is the same way.  In any case, yes, the damage does show up.  It's all about taking advantage of special attacks (down/back/air etc).  I know people who leveled kuno from 1-56 basically just on their strafe attack, and yes, your damage will be rubbish if you continue on that theory.

Posted (edited)

Ranger. Not a huge fan myself but the awakening is in fact melee so hey why not.

Out of the 3 you listed id say maewha

Also dont feel bad about not knowing. Im a pvper and i dont really like any of the classes. So hopefully striker ill like

Edited by Josh2

Posted

Not a ranger if you don't want use 350 mana potions in farm!

Go tamer or kuno, tamer can get more mobs for pve and is nice in pvp.

Posted

Not a ranger if you don't want use 350 mana potions in farm!

Go tamer or kuno, tamer can get more mobs for pve and is nice in pvp.

I keep reading tamers take 30% more magic damage.  Is that true?  If so, that sounds pretty awful. And the consensus seems to be kunos have to work three times as hard and have super gear to be even decent.

OP didn't list sorc, but they are a melee class with awakening that are strong in PVP (all categories) and very good at farming.

Posted

I tried them all out and I'm in the same spot for not knowing what to main...   kuno is fun, it has very good sustain and is a class I truly love, tamer   have very very good damage but I feel like they aren't as fast grinders as other classes unless u are at a spot with high mob density (I grind faster on my ninja  then with her)    , kuno grind is fairly good atleast for me..   maehwa has very very strong damage again they dont grind as fast because of less aoe but there dash kinda makes up a bit for that..  I still have to try  ranger and sorc   but ranger looks intesting except for the mana pots and repairs.. If I had to choose now between kuno , maehwa and tamer I'd get maehwa or kuno

Posted

I'm in a similar boat, trying to decide between Maehwa, Kuno or Ranger (maybe Sorc?).

Looking for a class that will be worth investing into, I like the playstyle of all of them so far.

Posted

Every class is "missing damage" at level 56. Even witch/wiz are doing half the damage at best that they will do at later levels. You can't let that decide on a class.

Kuno is very solid and relaxing in PVE - you never need HP/WP pots and the AOEs are good radius. This is a kuno grinding pirates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBvhlbSZIE&feature=youtu.be

Posted

Of the classes you listed, I'd go with Maehwa.   I have pretty much every class to 56+ Also.  Ninja 60, Maehwa, ranger 58 etc. 

having said that, Sorc or Ranger would probably suit you quite well as mentioned above.  Very strong in pve and pvp

Posted

Every class is "missing damage" at level 56. Even witch/wiz are doing half the damage at best that they will do at later levels. You can't let that decide on a class.

Kuno is very solid and relaxing in PVE - you never need HP/WP pots and the AOEs are good radius. This is a kuno grinding pirates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBvhlbSZIE&feature=youtu.be

Do you still play your kuno? I noticed you talked about making the adjustment to "going back to warrior" in another thread. If you did, I was wondering why. Shortcomings of the class.. vs you just wanted to do something else.

I actually want to have one small scale (assassin type) and one siege. For siege, i'm leaning valk and witch as my other potential.  However, for assassin, I'm still not fully decided--but it's tamer, kuno, and maewah.  Of those 3, on paper tamer looks best from forum posts--because it's solid on both PVP and grinding. Maewah is weaker on grinding. Kuno seems pretty decent at grinding--but on PVP, I get a lot of mixed opinions.

Posted

Thank you all for your great feedback so far!

So some people suggested Ranger and Sorceress to. Just a few words concerning those two classes: I got a Ranger at 56, Sorceress at 57. I really like the style of the ranger and I like the awakening damage. But the Mana usage ist brutal and I feel like the cooldowns are a bit long. In addition, the main skills seem to propel me halfway through the zone. I find it hard to aim. Anybody feels the same?

Sorceress i played a long time. Theoretically, she has everything I want from a class. But to be honest, I grew bored from "Spin to win" somehow ...

Posted

Do you still play your kuno? I noticed you talked about making the adjustment to "going back to warrior" in another thread. If you did, I was wondering why. Shortcomings of the class.. vs you just wanted to do something else.

I actually want to have one small scale (assassin type) and one siege. For siege, i'm leaning valk and witch as my other potential.  However, for assassin, I'm still not fully decided--but it's tamer, kuno, and maewah.  Of those 3, on paper tamer looks best from forum posts--because it's solid on both PVP and grinding. Maewah is weaker on grinding. Kuno seems pretty decent at grinding--but on PVP, I get a lot of mixed opinions.

IMO Kuno suffers a lot from the biggest difference between KR and NA/EU - latency. Those guys can depend on having anywhere from 10-30ms latency. Many east coast NA players experience 90-110ms latency, and some are much worse or have a lot of jitter and inconsistency. Some classes are more susceptible to the need for precise timing than others and IMO Kuno is one of them. Kuno iframes are short and need to be used with precision, and when you're playing against someone with a 200+ms gap in their actions getting to you (from them to server, from server to you), you almost need to be precognizant of what they are going to do.

For example assuming you're east coast playing against an east coast warrior - warrior engages you with head chase into solar flare > C > grab while you are blocking or using a move with frontal guard. On their screen it takes them around 1/2 a second to complete the full engage. It takes half that time for you to even know they are doing it, and half of the remaining time for your command to get back to the server... so you have to ghost step within 1/10th of a second of you seeing them move and there's still a good chance that you will just rubber band back into a grab when you thought you iframed it because your client showed you iframing it. The server just seems to roll the dice on who's client was "right". 

Warrior is just less susceptible to timing issues because of the lingering super armor. You still deal with desync on grabs, but it's hard to get CC'd otherwise unless you mess up. There are a lot of other factors, such as warrior having faster mobility for chasing people who run, faster engage into a stiffness, easier to land and more powerful slow (30% on grave digging), better accuracy bonuses, and 30% resist pierce to grapple resist. For small scale brawling it's hard to beat and can get very technically challenging. In large scale it's braindead easy and very effective. Shrug. For the time being I sold off all my weapons for all my chars other than some cheap stuff to do relic scrolls with while I lifeskill for more money. I want to see what striker's awakening is going to be before I decide to play striker or go back to Kuno. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0