• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger need a buff

139 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

At the beginning Ranger was a glass cannon and at the current state of the game we are still glass but no cannon. We need 20-30 AP more than other classes to deal the same amount of dmg and this is ridiculous, because we don't even have the same defensive capabilities ( super armor, iframe, frontal block ) while maintaining mobility and our skill animations are too slow and hold us in one place, also we are the worst DP scaling class which results in our block being melted in a second. Ranger class is complete garbage in mass PVP and require some adjustments to be viable again. Till now other classes got a lot of buffs while Ranger got only nerfs, the skills that got buffed are completely useless in PVP and PVE.

PS: Please FIX us

Edited by d00mR
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sittin on 243 ap and doing same or even less dmg as wizards with 210ap, seems fine to me...

Oh yea and dont forget all the iframes and superarmor wizards have ranger was nerfed to death back when mediah came out and never got buffed again. Or lets say even balanced.

Edited by Myntiix

Posted

Sittin on 243 ap and doing same or even less dmg as wizards with 210ap, seems fine to me...

Oh yea and dont forget all the iframes and superarmor wizards have ranger was nerfed to death back when mediah came out and never got buffed again. Or lets say even balanced.

i'm with 229 ap and dmg is just a joke ....

Posted

On EU there is a TET zarka or dani for ranger being posted every single day sometimes even more so pretty sure the class is not in a very good spot atm.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lol

ranger literally does double damage of every other class in bdo(except witch wiz) right now and you're saying the damage is shit?

maybe you should get accuracy?

rangers have some of the most reliable sa, lingering sa on some skills, the best grab in the game and do double damage and have both ranged and melee form and are considered as the best class along with plum (if we exclude witch wiz or get the dp patch back) so this thread must be some sick joke 

Edited by irrelevant
13 people like this

Posted

just do your skills properly, grab then nature's tremble.....

that aside, ranger has a grab, has good protection on skills and amazing dmg, what are you complaining about? and with your awakening buff you're uncatchable.

Posted

lol

ranger literally does double damage of every other class in bdo(except witch wiz) right now and you're saying the damage is shit?

rangers have some of the most reliable sa, lingering sa on some skills, the best grab in the game and do double damage and have both ranged and melee form and are considered as the best class along with plum (if we exclude witch wiz or get the dp patch back) so this thread must be some sick joke 

Perhaps my definition of super-armor is different than yours, but what skills exactly give us super armor? I cant think of any. I thought they were all frontal block only.

Posted (edited)

lol

double the dmg ? where ? i need 230 ap to do the same dmg as 210AP warrior, also i have plenty of accuracy. You shouldn't even be here cuz you know tamer can get in group 5 ppl do some dmg and get out unscrached, also i will give a list of classes than can do that : Tamer, Maehwa, Musa, DK, Warrior, Sorc .... if rangers try to get in a group of ppl it will be insta CCed, because of the unreliable iframes/"superarmors" we have. BTW do you know your dog is currently broken and it is doing more dmg than the tamer ? lets not talk about balance because you play broken class, you suck with it and you only know how to complain (pedal nedorazvit)

just do your skills properly, grab then nature's tremble.....

that aside, ranger has a grab, has good protection on skills and amazing dmg, what are you complaining about? and with your awakening buff you're uncatchable.

i'm not talking about 1vs1 there we are doing decent ( if you are good enough you can kill everyone ) the main problem is in mass PVP where we are insta dead if we get in and we do no dmg from range

Edited by d00mR

Posted

Rangers are in a fine state, everyone currently has issues with one button witch wizards. 

Main issues being:

Massive accuracy bonus on all skills 

Protected area balls

Press 100% to win

Posted

....because we don't even have the same defensive capabilities ( super armor, iframe, frontal block ) ...

:thonkang:

we have all of those

though I will say ranger iframes are unreliable

Posted

:thonkang:

we have all of those

though I will say ranger iframes are unreliable

we have them but the skill that have frontal block are holding us in one place and we usually get CCed in our iframes/superarmor so it is like we don't have them... oh and Ranger block is useless a single guy can melt it in 2 sec, doing that near 2-3 ppl = dead ranger

1 person likes this

Posted

and don't forget that WZ/Witch can dive into Zerg take tons of hits and return in one piece where as ranger just dies immediately whenever someone breeze on her.

Posted (edited)

In PvE I think Ranger's alot of fun, but it takes some effort to push groups of mobs together with our skills so that combos are properly dealt and dont get wasted, I'll give you an example of what a Ranger must do to the bare minimun to grind efficiently:

I pull a pack of mobs, then a pull the pack next to them, the first pack is running towards the second, then I do a skill that pushes the second pack towards the first (this' if the first pack didnt bug out and took forever to beging attacking and run towards me), then I get closer and do my combo to kill everything, but ofc there's always the couple of mobs that got away from my skills since most of them (at least the stronger ones) need you to aim in very awkward positions for them to land, since they're either very horizontal or very vertical, and on top of that, if you miss; our greatest skill has a 24 second cooldown so your ----- ups are a domino effect that stacks up and results on inefficient grinding sessions, if you spin to win you need to spam mana potions and be killing grey mobs only.

And dont even get me started on proving yourself at Instances, the above only applies to solo grinding; if you wanna go to Aakman, or should I said, if you people to want to take a Ranger to Aakman, you gotta transition from Sword to Bow every few seconds to maintain your Add-ons active, since you need every little help you can get; and this means using abilities that spend ALOT of mana, if you want to sustain a decent amount of damage, for example:

I dont want to use Ranger skill names so that people that are not Rangers can understand what's up so I'll make ti simple; every 10 seconds I HAVE to transition out of awakening to do my 3 Add-on abilities which only take roughly 2 seconds to cast but spend 1 THIRD of my mana, and I dont cast them soloely for the addons but because my 24/14 second cooldown main awakening abilities need some filler.

Now, I have to do ALL of the above; push mobs/make sure I dont push mobs while in a group, transition to bow and back to awak every few seconds, run out of mana every 20 seconds, aim with most of my abilities since they're not brainless, and all of that for what, you ask? Just to keep up with the average Wizard that just: Teleports and kill everything in a huge ranged circle and moves on.

TL:DR: Half of Ranger's skills are to push mobs and position them for a 24 second cooldown finisher which range is limited and awkwardly horizontal, we have no realistic mana/health regen, we have to transition between weapons if we want to be efficient in group play and everything just so a wizard can come, skip all of the aforementioned, and replace our effort with 2 buttons.

If we have to go through all of that, I think we deserve to do as much damage as wizards do, with the same gear.

Edited by Hemuk
1 person likes this

Posted

If we have to go through all of that, I think we deserve to do as much damage as wizards do, with the same gear.

and have as much range and hit area as wizard

and have as much tankiness as wizard

and have as much healing/support as wizard

Posted

and have as much range and hit area as wizard

and have as much tankiness as wizard

and have as much healing/support as wizard

If you're gonna troll, at least make an effort lol

Posted

If you're gonna troll, at least make an effort lol

so if a WZ is allowed to be OP what is wrong with allowing another class to be equally OP?

1 person likes this

Posted

so if a WZ is allowed to be OP what is wrong with allowing another class to be equally OP?

then wizards wouldnt be op, the game would be balanced lol

Posted

i need 230 ap to do the same dmg as 210AP warrior

What are you smoking. Stop exagerrating.

Posted

What are you smoking. Stop exagerrating.

He is not the question is what are you smoking,

Posted

the mages don't have iframes

Posted

Everyone in this game is pants on their head crazy.  I don't get it.

People say, "I can't do this like this class does" or "i need this much more X to do what this class does"

Stop comparing your class to something that blatantly isn't your class.

Grass is greener, sure.  We get it.  FFS.

Tamer can "go into 5v1 and exit without getting touched"...really?  Maybe if the Tamer is boss level and the 5 are all chumps picking their noses.  A witch/wizard CC or a zerk grab, or warrior grab/ult, a DK blowing you up.  All these things can happen.  If you 5v1 people when the 5 are all 100 less GS and 2 levels lower than you, that's not a fight, it's a slaughter you can just walk in and out of whenever you want.

Sick of people complaining about things when they have no real frame of reference for the complaint itself.  If you want to do wizard damage, play a damn wizard.  Stop trying to fit the circle into a square.

6 people like this

Posted

Everyone in this game is pants on their head crazy.  I don't get it.

People say, "I can't do this like this class does" or "i need this much more X to do what this class does"

Stop comparing your class to something that blatantly isn't your class.

Grass is greener, sure.  We get it.  FFS.

Tamer can "go into 5v1 and exit without getting touched"...really?  Maybe if the Tamer is boss level and the 5 are all chumps picking their noses.  A witch/wizard CC or a zerk grab, or warrior grab/ult, a DK blowing you up.  All these things can happen.  If you 5v1 people when the 5 are all 100 less GS and 2 levels lower than you, that's not a fight, it's a slaughter you can just walk in and out of whenever you want.

Sick of people complaining about things when they have no real frame of reference for the complaint itself.  If you want to do wizard damage, play a damn wizard.  Stop trying to fit the circle into a square.

thats the problem you think ranger is as good as any other class, but the truth is Ranger is weaker than any other class when it comes to mass PVP and dmg. Oh i gues you haven't seen any good tamers arround

Posted

thats the problem you think ranger is as good as any other class, but the truth is Ranger is weaker than any other class when it comes to mass PVP and dmg. Oh i gues you haven't seen any good tamers arround

It's not a problem, no.  You missed my point.  Don't blame you though, because I poured a lot of salt on my comments.  So let me explain it in a better way.

Ranger is different from Wizard.  It will do different things than a Wizard does.  This includes the way they deal their damage.

And I have seen tamers than can delete me in two attacks.  That's all gear and level, though.  I have run into a pack of people and escaped afterward myself, many times.  I have also snuck up on a group and been instantly CC'd and killed before I could do a thing, also many times.  Been swatted right out of SA, been killed while using iframe.  Got over it, had fun playing anyway.

You need skill to be good at this game, but you can also just walk all over people if they aren't as strong as you in stats/level.

I get axed by rangers all the time because they are that much more powerful in gear/stats.  When they're on my level, it's an actual fight.  We all get blown up by Wizards and Witches though.  Crying about it might help, maybe they'll fix it, but it doesn't change how annoying you sound when you do so.  There's a better way to get your point across than screaming from the depths of the salt mines.

Posted

Funny enough Ranger may actually be in a balanced position for once. All other classes just need to go up/down to the same level. Yes Ranger is not the best in sieges but that is just the nature of a game having different classes. Instead you're much stronger in smaller fights.

Posted

Funny enough Ranger may actually be in a balanced position for once. All other classes just need to go up/down to the same level. Yes Ranger is not the best in sieges but that is just the nature of a game having different classes. Instead you're much stronger in smaller fights.

pretty strong in that kr 2v2 tournament, dies in 1 hit before even able to do damage, i laughed so hard lol, BEST CLASS!!!