• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger need a buff

139 posts in this topic

Posted

It's not a problem, no.  You missed my point.  Don't blame you though, because I poured a lot of salt on my comments.  So let me explain it in a better way.

Ranger is different from Wizard.  It will do different things than a Wizard does.  This includes the way they deal their damage.

And I have seen tamers than can delete me in two attacks.  That's all gear and level, though.  I have run into a pack of people and escaped afterward myself, many times.  I have also snuck up on a group and been instantly CC'd and killed before I could do a thing, also many times.  Been swatted right out of SA, been killed while using iframe.  Got over it, had fun playing anyway.

You need skill to be good at this game, but you can also just walk all over people if they aren't as strong as you in stats/level.

I get axed by rangers all the time because they are that much more powerful in gear/stats.  When they're on my level, it's an actual fight.  We all get blown up by Wizards and Witches though.  Crying about it might help, maybe they'll fix it, but it doesn't change how annoying you sound when you do so.  There's a better way to get your point across than screaming from the depths of the salt mines.

i gues you can't read or don't want to, so let me explain myself even better i'm not comparing Ranger to Wizz i'm comparing Ranger to all other classes and at his current state Ranger needs 20 more AP to deal the same dmg other classes do. I'm from Sovereign and to be in that Guild you need both gear and skill otherwise they wont get you. When we make PvP there are classes that can get in a group of ppl sit there for a couple of sec and get out unscrached cuz of fu Iframes while Ranger iframes and super armor are unreliable ( they cover only a small window from the skill animation ... oposite of other classes ) basically we are being cought trough our iframes and the skills that have frontal block makes you a sitting duck. For the moment ranger is the worst class in mass PVP and need a rework on some skills or buff

Posted

Why dont you compare Ranger to every other class then? You always only mention Witch/Wizard. 

Posted

Why dont you compare Ranger to every other class then? You always only mention Witch/Wizard. 

you should read more carefull ... i'm not the one mentioning wizz i actually compared the dmg with warrior

Posted

you should read more carefull ... i'm not the one mentioning wizz i actually compared the dmg with warrior

Well, still do it for the other classes. I can understand that you dont like doing it since it would completely destroy your point.

Posted (edited)

Rangers are in a fine state, everyone currently has issues with one button witch wizards. 

Main issues being:

Massive accuracy bonus on all skills 

Protected area balls

Press 100% to win

Fixed. Witch ult is utter garbage.

Edited by Medra

Posted (edited)

Remove Shotgun from the game first and we can talk about getting Ranger those buffs on the skills that should actually get them

Yes Ranger in general, and the SKILL TREE especially is a HOT MESS that isn't the least bit welcoming to newer players, not denying that.  It's got all these weird Flows & Combos that don't really do anything useful or make sense for a class that should be opening up with Sniping from long range & focusing on hit & run  (and switching to its Sword mainly for self protection & escape rather than Grab & 2-shotting).  But a complete overhaul is required and that also means putting a real cooldown on Shotgun that would make it "Useless" to the Whiners who love to Whine about ANY kind of nerf so it might as well just be removed entirely and replaced with something that actually plays to the original role of the class. (IOW: NOT pointblank Spamming bullshit)

Edited by iller

Posted

pretty strong in that kr 2v2 tournament, dies in 1 hit before even able to do damage, i laughed so hard lol, BEST CLASS!!!

I bet they think its OP because there was a ranger there at all :/

Yet as I said before TET zarka and dandi for ranger listed every single day atm.

Remove Shotgun from the game first and we can talk about getting Ranger those buffs on the skills that should actually get them

Shotgun is -----ing crap atm it takes like 10-15 shotguns to kill someone standing perfectly still atm unless you out gear them to the point of insanity and this if they are AFK while you shot them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shotgun is -----ing crap atm it takes like 10-15 shotguns to kill someone standing perfectly still atm unless you out gear them to the point of insanity and this if they are AFK while you shot them.

I'm not talking about its PVP multiplier, I'm talking about its mindless farming meta 

Posted

I'm not talking about its PVP multiplier, I'm talking about its mindless farming meta 

LOL you dont use shotgun to farm on a ranger good god you dont even play this game anymore do you? or are you trolling?

5 people like this

Posted

Well, still do it for the other classes. I can understand that you dont like doing it since it would completely destroy your point.

when trying to prove smth you should try to quote the exact post, because in every post of mine i usually speak of all other classes being better not comparing to a single one in some little exeptions ofc

Posted

IMO ranger's awakening damage is fine, but this class use the mainhand 40% during pvp, which bring down the total damage outpost.

Most of ranger's FA and superarmor are either useless or the duration are too short. For example, Breezy Blade's invincible only last >0.5 sec, it is unreliable when we have a shitty server like this right now. 

Also, the main problem is the weapon durability decrease like crazy in PVE, and ranger has no useful mana regain skills, so rangers need to carry tons of potions in all situations.

There are too many problems with this this class at this moment, people doesn't understand the pain to play a ranger. Yes they can do damage after a successful KD, but who can't do damage after KD your opponent? Warrior, wiz/witch, sorc, DK all can do the same amount of damage as ranger while have much more defensive skills/mana regain ability/iFrame ability.

2 people like this

Posted

when trying to prove smth you should try to quote the exact post, because in every post of mine i usually speak of all other classes being better not comparing to a single one in some little exeptions ofc

You said you need more AP than a warrior to do the same damage. Which is most likely true. So you picked one class. Then you just made general statements like your iframes are bad, SA buggy, etc.

And since you asked me to quote:

thats the problem you think ranger is as good as any other class, but the truth is Ranger is weaker than any other class when it comes to mass PVP and dmg. Oh i gues you haven't seen any good tamers arround

Now, please, explain how ranger is worse than any other class in terms of damage and mass PvP. For every single one please and not just the top 4 classes.

Posted

You said earlier you are at 229 AP, and I believe you claimed "a lot" of accuracy as well.  You say your damage is a joke.  Can you quantify that, specifically, vs a target that will give us a frame of reference?  Because "we're not viable, fix us" is what literally everyone says.  And then half the answers to that are, "my class is worse off than yours", and the answer to that is, "no, your class is busted, mine needs to be fixed"

it's an endless bullshit argument.

Some examples would help, jussayin'.

Posted

You said you need more AP than a warrior to do the same damage. Which is most likely true. So you picked one class. Then you just made general statements like your iframes are bad, SA buggy, etc.

Now, please, explain how ranger is worse than any other class in terms of damage and mass PvP. For every single one please and not just the top 4 classes.

So what he says is only valid if he lists every single class in the whole game while he is still making a good point by by comparing it to more than just one class. And rangers issues if you look at what other people have said here is not about PvP dmg either alot of it has to do with quality of life stuff like durability issues.

Posted

So what he says is only valid if he lists every single class in the whole game while he is still making a good point by by comparing it to more than just one class. And rangers issues if you look at what other people have said here is not about PvP dmg either alot of it has to do with quality of life stuff like durability issues.

But he doesnt compare it to more than one class. He said ranger is weaker than any other class. That statement is false. And you cant just cherrypick the classes you want to compare. And OP made this thread about PvP. People brought in other stuff like the durability thing and I dont even argue with it but it doesnt matter here.

Posted

As a ranger, you can do damage only when you are using your awakening skills, which is melee, and your opponent need to be KD first or you won't have enough damage to finish your opponent and you need to wait for CD (22sec).

Now, image you are in NW, you dont have superarmor like musa to get into the fight, if you dash in you will lie on the ground in a blink and die in the next sec. You dont have the iFrame/invincibility like sorc/DK to avoid cc and damage to get close to your opponents to deal damage. You don't have superarmor like warrior to tank those cc and damage to get close to your opponents. You can't use a skill that help you to immune cc and teleport to your opponents then cast all your skills to your opponents then get out safely.

There is no way a ranger can get into a group fight and get out safely, the only thing you can do is to use your bow skills or catch someone who isn't in a group. 

Now just look at the damage of ranger's bow skills...

Posted

You said earlier you are at 229 AP, and I believe you claimed "a lot" of accuracy as well.  You say your damage is a joke.  Can you quantify that, specifically, vs a target that will give us a frame of reference?  Because "we're not viable, fix us" is what literally everyone says.  And then half the answers to that are, "my class is worse off than yours", and the answer to that is, "no, your class is busted, mine needs to be fixed"

it's an endless bullshit argument.

Some examples would help, jussayin'.

news flash, accuracy doesn't do jack squat in pvp, yes its gonna be annoying when u go up against someone who FULLY* stack evasion, and most people dont have evasion stacked.

*talking about fully geared up with evasion build, not 1 or 2 items/gems.

Posted

But he doesnt compare it to more than one class. He said ranger is weaker than any other class. That statement is false. And you cant just cherrypick the classes you want to compare. And OP made this thread about PvP. People brought in other stuff like the durability thing and I dont even argue with it but it doesnt matter here.

Well I dont know if the OP has pointed it out yet but the kill combo for ranger is based mostly around 2 skills that are 20 + seconds long compared to other clases were the CDs are between 10-12 seconds long even you dealt the same dmg you would still deal less over time.

Posted (edited)

you know when you create your class there are those graphics i think bottom right corner ... they show what your class is good and bad at , so warrior second bad - Attack/ Ranger best- Attack. You see my point there is clearly smth wrong when a class bad in attack is doing more dmg than the top one in  attack when warrior is having less AP

Edited by d00mR

Posted

you know when you create your class there are those graphics i think bottom right corner ... they show what your class is good and bad at , so warrior second bad - Attack/ Ranger best- Attack. You see my point there is clearly smth wrong when a class bad in attack is doing more dmg than the top one in attack

Have they even adjusted that for post awakening?  /doubt

Posted

As a ranger, you can do damage only when you are using your awakening skills, which is melee, and your opponent need to be KD first or you won't have enough damage to finish your opponent and you need to wait for CD (22sec).

Now, image you are in NW, you dont have superarmor like musa to get into the fight, if you dash in you will lie on the ground in a blink and die in the next sec. You dont have the iFrame/invincibility like sorc/DK to avoid cc and damage to get close to your opponents to deal damage. You don't have superarmor like warrior to tank those cc and damage to get close to your opponents. You can't use a skill that help you to immune cc and teleport to your opponents then cast all your skills to your opponents then get out safely.

There is no way a ranger can get into a group fight and get out safely, the only thing you can do is to use your bow skills or catch someone who isn't in a group. 

Now just look at the damage of ranger's bow skills...

Maybe you should adapt your playstyle then? Maybe ranger just isnt supposed to be frontline?

Well I dont know if the OP has pointed it out yet but the kill combo for ranger is based mostly around 2 skills that are 20 + seconds long compared to other clases were the CDs are between 10-12 seconds long even you dealt the same dmg you would still deal less over time.

We're talking about large scale. Individual (offensive) CDs dont really matter here since you dont have to pressure your enemy all alone.

you know when you create your class there are those graphics i think bottom right corner ... they show what your class is good and bad at , so warrior second bad - Attack/ Ranger best- Attack. You see my point there is clearly smth wrong when a class bad in attack is doing more dmg than the top one in attack

Because years-old graphics are relevant. Maybe somewhat until awakenings. But please...

Posted

news flash, accuracy doesn't do jack squat in pvp, yes its gonna be annoying when u go up against someone who FULLY* stack evasion, and most people dont have evasion stacked.

*talking about fully geared up with evasion build, not 1 or 2 items/gems.

You got some documentation on that?  Never heard anything like Accuracy having no effect in PvP before.

Posted

We're talking about large scale. Individual (offensive) CDs dont really matter here since you dont have to pressure your enemy all alone.

So there is never a reason to ever buff or a nerf a class in BDO ever again? alright got it now at least I know were you stand.

Posted

So there is never a reason to ever buff or a nerf a class in BDO ever again? alright got it now at least I know were you stand.

10 or 20sec CD on an offensive skill doesnt matter in large scale. Either way, your enemy or you are dead at this point. Also, if youre just waiting for your KD, you dont even need to wait for the CD since you can attack players that are already CCd.

Posted

Because years-old graphics are relevant. Maybe somewhat until awakenings. But please...

you know if you create a new class/character now that graphic is still there and we have awakening for some time and there are those ppl that are new or about to start playing