• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger need a buff

139 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe you should adapt your playstyle then? Maybe ranger just isnt supposed to be frontline?

Did you even read my post? Ranger doesn't do damage if they are not at front line, their bow skills does almost zero damage even when they have more than 220ap.

I said that at my first paragraph, you even quoted it.

Posted

10 or 20sec CD on an offensive skill doesnt matter in large scale. Either way, your enemy or you are dead at this point. Also, if youre just waiting for your KD, you dont even need to wait for the CD since you can attack players that are already CCd.

Ye and thats what I said someone else can just kill them for you weather it be a wizard or witch doing it for you you can in fact just move back and chill until you feel like contributing to the current fight you are in as someone else will have your back its not like you need to pitch in yourself at all.

Posted (edited)

You got some documentation on that?  Never heard anything like Accuracy having no effect in PvP before.

did i say accuracy have no effect? no i didn't. dont cherry pick words. accuracy isn't that big of a deal in pvp, unless u miss all the attacks. i mean i can show u in pvp, if u are from NA.

you dont kill people that are standing unless you are a dk or a wizard. once you knock someone down evasion is 0.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

Ye and thats what I said someone else can just kill them for you weather it be a wizard or witch doing it for you you can in fact just move back and chill until you feel like contributing to the current fight you are in as someone else will have your back its not like you need to pitch in yourself at all.

so you are basically saying that all rangers should stay useless in mass PVP because class is garbage ?

Posted (edited)

so you are basically saying that all rangers should stay useless in mass PVP because class is garbage ?

Dude I am ranger myself I am using HIS logic to deal with how things are supposed to work.

check his other replies to me.

Edited by Zeel

Posted

You got some documentation on that?  Never heard anything like Accuracy having no effect in PvP before.

Tri RCE, duo Tree Belt Sturdy alch stone, 2xPrecision in weapon, Tet Kzarka, Tri bheg does that accuracy sounds enough ?

Posted

Did you even read my post? Ranger doesn't do damage if they are not at front line, their bow skills does almost zero damage even when they have more than 220ap.

Yet ranger isn't a front liner. Trying to make them that seems counterproductive to their strengths and weaknesses.

did i say accuracy have no effect? no i didn't. dont cherry pick words. accuracy isn't that big of a deal in pvp, unless u miss all the attacks. i mean i can show u in pvp, if u are from NA.

You said doesn't do jack squat.  So you didn't mean "no effect", but saying "jack squat" certainly implies such.  Don't call me on cherry picking when you use a crappy explanation.  Also, I'd like the information to not be anecdotal.  If you want to show me, there will be an issue as we might not have the same level or GS.

Posted

Dude I am ranger myself I am using HIS logic to deal with how things are supposed to work.

check his other replies to me.

ye but basically from what you sayed thats all we can do. Which btw isn't far from truth 

1 person likes this

Posted

Dude, this just meant dont be the very first to go in. Wait until your zerkers, warriors and valks jump into the enemy zerg, then you can pick off your opponents.

Even if. As long as you make sure they die eventually, you still contribute. And there are the Witches and Wizards again. Yes, they killsteal a lot. Happens to every single class, not only rangers. In fact, rangers still get a decent amount of kill (steals), even when they play on ranged.

Posted

ye but basically from what you sayed thats all we can do. Which btw isn't far from truth 

I know that and ofc I dont think that is right and its not the way I think it should work I am pretty much got the same gear you got atm but I ve got TRI tree spirit belt and TRI zarka instead of TET still think other classes are doing better atm.

Posted

I know that and ofc I dont think that is right and its not the way I think it should work I am pretty much got the same gear you got atm but I ve got TRI tree spirit belt and TRI zarka instead of TET still think other classes are doing better atm.

they are doing far better actually 

Posted

Yet ranger isn't a front liner. Trying to make them that seems counterproductive to their strengths and weaknesses.

You said doesn't do jack squat.  So you didn't mean "no effect", but saying "jack squat" certainly implies such.  Don't call me on cherry picking when you use a crappy explanation.  Also, I'd like the information to not be anecdotal.  If you want to show me, there will be an issue as we might not have the same level or GS.

thats exactly what im saying, people with full evasion build are rare enough to make accuracy build a joke.

and if u are not full evasion build, but a half assed evasion build you are better off to dont even bother with it.

Posted

thats exactly what im saying, people with full evasion build are rare enough to make accuracy build a joke.

and if u are not full evasion build, but a half assed evasion build you are better off to dont even bother with it.

I understand the words you type, but you'll have to explain to my dumbass how they relate to what I said originally.  I pointed out that OP said his AP was 229 and claims his damage is a joke.  If people aren't on average full evasion, then as you say, his Accuracy isn't a big factor.  What does that have to do with his damage being a joke?  With 229 AP and (I assume) level 60, he should have zero problems dropping 80-90% of opponents he'll encounter in NW.  Even the last 20-10% of the highly geared won't last very long against him attacking them like a ranger should (not directly, taking advantage of rear and down attacks).  If he can't do that, it isn't a problem with the class, or he's choosing to attack warriors while they're in SA or iframes or something.

229 AP can melt 300 DP, that's the majority of competitive players defense in this game.  Even if it "isn't worth as much" and only equivalent to 200 (which is nonsense, rangers can gib people if they play well) that will still faceroll 300 DP much more often than not.

This whole argument is ridiculous.  Sure, ranger's could use a bit of help when compared to the high output classes, but everyone not on that pedestal is in the same situation.

When nearly 230 AP characters are complaining their damage isn't enough...I really have to ask "enough for what?" and that was why I asked for examples.

Posted

Ranger sucks.

Lets nerf them anyways.

Maybe then I can finally go back to full time life skilling.

Posted

When nearly 230 AP characters are complaining their damage isn't enough...I really have to ask "enough for what?" and that was why I asked for examples.

the guy said himself he is in Sovereign one of the top guilds in EU this is the context he is coming from maybe next time you read what other people write.

Posted

the guy said himself he is in Sovereign one of the top guilds in EU this is the context he is coming from maybe next time you read what other people write.

He did say that, and I did read it, and I didn't ignore it.

Though it's impossible that all of his opponents have enough DP to make his damage a joke.  If there is a widely spread level of play in this game that is already so far above what most see as average that it makes a mockery of anything even partially resembling balance, then okay, I'm with you.  Though if we're talking about a few hundred players spread out over several different guilds, then well, shit...you mean there might be people stronger than OP?  0.o

Posted

Dude, this just meant dont be the very first to go in. Wait until your zerkers, warriors and valks jump into the enemy zerg, then you can pick off your opponents.

........Let's not talk about NW, let's just talk about smaller scale pvp like RBF.

In RBF there is no "who go in first" or "who go in after", whenever you get in, if you don't have proper skill to avoid/block cc you will get cc in 1 sec.

All skills in this game damage multiple times, and each time they hit will cause cc if the skill has one. Therefore, this game isn't like LOL that has "tank go in first to tank all cc" kind of thing. 

Now bring this concept into NW, and tell me again, how does a ranger who has no proper defensive ability to be useful in NW?

Posted

He did say that, and I did read it, and I didn't ignore it.

Though it's impossible that all of his opponents have enough DP to make his damage a joke.  If there is a widely spread level of play in this game that is already so far above what most see as average that it makes a mockery of anything even partially resembling balance, then okay, I'm with you.  Though if we're talking about a few hundred players spread out over several different guilds, then well, shit...you mean there might be people stronger than OP?  0.o

he is comparing himself to people in his guild and the people he fights when he is actually PvPing if this isent obvious enough for you maybe you need to learn how to contextualize. And trust me the majority of players he will be fighting will have his gear or better than what he has. 

Posted

atleast u get to look at boobs each time u play.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

he is comparing himself to people in his guild and the people he fights when he is actually PvPing if this isent obvious enough for you maybe you need to learn how to contextualize. And trust me the majority of players he will be fighting will have his gear or better than what he has. 

abit better compared to DP and ye most of them are between 285-330 DP and i'm able to take around 60% of their hp on full combo and now-awakening skills only tickles. Also 229 is my sheet AP i got 2x +5AP in offhand and +6 alch stone if we count the food and other stuff its going alot bigger 

PS: we are not using pots in 1vs1

Edited by d00mR

Posted

abit better compared to DP and ye most of them are between 285-330 DP and i'm able to take around 60% of their hp on full combo and now-awakening skills only tickles

PS: we are not using pots in 1vs1

Are these wizards?  Berserkers?  Warriors?  Tamers (i kid!)?  It matters, as I'm sure you know.  A 330 DP zerk is a pain in the ass for everyone, because the DP plus their crazy amount of HP.  Even if they just stand there and take it they can live for what seems like too long.  >.>

Posted (edited)

I understand the words you type, but you'll have to explain to my dumbass how they relate to what I said originally.  I pointed out that OP said his AP was 229 and claims his damage is a joke.  If people aren't on average full evasion, then as you say, his Accuracy isn't a big factor.  What does that have to do with his damage being a joke?  With 229 AP and (I assume) level 60, he should have zero problems dropping 80-90% of opponents he'll encounter in NW.  Even the last 20-10% of the highly geared won't last very long against him attacking them like a ranger should (not directly, taking advantage of rear and down attacks).  If he can't do that, it isn't a problem with the class, or he's choosing to attack warriors while they're in SA or iframes or something.

229 AP can melt 300 DP, that's the majority of competitive players defense in this game.  Even if it "isn't worth as much" and only equivalent to 200 (which is nonsense, rangers can gib people if they play well) that will still faceroll 300 DP much more often than not.

This whole argument is ridiculous.  Sure, ranger's could use a bit of help when compared to the high output classes, but everyone not on that pedestal is in the same situation.

229ap for rangers can't melt jack squat. a 198 ap warrior can 1 grave dig a full tri boss ranger where as a 220ap ranger have to go grab combo. you act as you know how much the damage output is for ranger at 230ap, why not show me your gear, because im at 240 and i can't melt jack squat.

people who are geared isn't talking about pvp at pirates or sausan, we are talking about rbf, siege, and t3. people who are not geared should not be even voicing their opinion because they are not in the same boat facing the same issues.

and yes, i used to own tri tree belt and tri red coral earring.

Edited by GamePois0n
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Are these wizards?  Berserkers?  Warriors?  Tamers (i kid!)?  It matters, as I'm sure you know.  A 330 DP zerk is a pain in the ass for everyone, because the DP plus their crazy amount of HP.  Even if they just stand there and take it they can live for what seems like too long.  >.>

warrior but for comparison a 220AP tamer killed in half a combo 400 DP zerker ( he used his Z buff for 30 AP ) but ... 400 DP zerker you know how tanky that is ? on that guy im taking about 40%

Untitled.png

Edited by d00mR

Posted

warrior but for comparison a 220AP tamer killed in half a combo 400 DP zerker ( he used his Z buff for 30 AP ) but ... 400 DP zerker you know how tanky that is ? on that guy im taking about 40%

That does suck quite a bit.

Though currently something is up with pets.  Witch and Tamer particularly are getting big damage from them right now.

If that's that case, I'm not sure the problem is specific to ranger, but if it is, and this is all legit (not calling you a liar, but seeing is believing) then yeah, it wouldn't hurt to mess with ranger's damage scaling some.  Though honestly, we could all use a bit of an adjustment (some up, some down).

Thanks for giving me an example.

Posted

That does suck quite a bit.

Though currently something is up with pets.  Witch and Tamer particularly are getting big damage from them right now.

If that's that case, I'm not sure the problem is specific to ranger, but if it is, and this is all legit (not calling you a liar, but seeing is believing) then yeah, it wouldn't hurt to mess with ranger's damage scaling some.  Though honestly, we could all use a bit of an adjustment (some up, some down).

Thanks for giving me an example.

the main problem with ranger isn't the damage part, it's the long cooldown and not enough super armor, bow stance skills offers little to no accuracy.