• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger need a buff

139 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As i and multiple other rangers that joined the discussion saied Ranger dmg is total crap ... 

That does suck quite a bit.

Though currently something is up with pets.  Witch and Tamer particularly are getting big damage from them right now.

If that's that case, I'm not sure the problem is specific to ranger, but if it is, and this is all legit (not calling you a liar, but seeing is believing) then yeah, it wouldn't hurt to mess with ranger's damage scaling some.  Though honestly, we could all use a bit of an adjustment (some up, some down).

Thanks for giving me an example.

well that pet is actually doing more dmg than the tamer itself. And that Tamer was just testing on the zerker so i dont remember if he was using the pet

Edited by d00mR

Posted

........Let's not talk about NW, let's just talk about smaller scale pvp like RBF.

In RBF there is no "who go in first" or "who go in after", whenever you get in, if you don't have proper skill to avoid/block cc you will get cc in 1 sec.

All skills in this game damage multiple times, and each time they hit will cause cc if the skill has one. Therefore, this game isn't like LOL that has "tank go in first to tank all cc" kind of thing. 

Now bring this concept into NW, and tell me again, how does a ranger who has no proper defensive ability to be useful in NW?

Maybe, just maybe, you should play DIFFERENTLY in NW/Sieges and RBF? And yes, there can be something like organized engages in RBF or at least if you spot a zerker or warrior engage, you should do damage at his position. I know, most people cant do it, because they could lose the number above their heads. Or because theyre too bad.

In NW you can work with your team. PA from a mage and your ranger does have enough defense for a couple seconds, enough to pop his damage skills.

And please, not all CC skills apply a CC on every hit.

Posted

On EU there is a TET zarka or dani for ranger being posted every single day sometimes even more so pretty sure the class is not in a very good spot atm.

Main reason is fact who played ranger - losers who pick the most OP class in game. It is true ranger is not top 1 anymore, just a little behind wizard and DK. And this all trash players who chose class because of OP just relloring. But ranger it self is still insanly OP compared to other classes.

Posted

Main reason is fact who played ranger - losers who pick the most OP class in game. It is true ranger is not top 1 anymore, just a little behind wizard and DK. And this all trash players who chose class because of OP just relloring. But ranger it self is still insanly OP compared to other classes.

go make one yourself and try it. Rangers was never OP just servers were full of bad players who didn't how to chain CC, replenish block and use super armor/iframes

Posted (edited)

Sittin on 243 ap and doing same or even less dmg as wizards with 210ap, seems fine to me...

Oh yea and dont forget all the iframes and superarmor wizards have ranger was nerfed to death back when mediah came out and never got buffed again. Or lets say even balanced.

You mean the one Iframe on a 7s cd? lol please.  DK has spammable iframe bigger range and higher damage than witch wizard.  Time to stop riding the omg witch/wiz op bandwagon.

Edited by Lemonz
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't think we are a trash class, but a class that needs simple tweaks.

- Our mana drain is indeniably unjust 

- Our weapon durability drops too fast

- Due to awakening being close combat melee, and us having to CC to kill opponents, we are forced to get close to our opponents. This contradicts ranger's class design, as we are meant to be ranged glass cannons. We're not supposed to be in the eye of the fight, but our awakening forces us to be quite a bit. Ranger needs some skill reworking for proper defense, or a general DP rebalance, specifically for Ranger. Our damage output is perfectly fine, but the class design is contradicting itself. 

I believe that if these three things were adjusted, Ranger will once again be a fair class. We're not a bad class, but we definitely need to be looked at once again. I think as the developers continue to rebalance all classes, like they said at the Oasis Festival, they will see this. 

Edited by Junyoung
1 person likes this

Posted

People in this thread claiming Ranger is OP in their current state have obviously never played one.

They have strengths, but their weaknesses outshine them currently, especially compared to other classes.

Posted

ranger's bow skills need to be buffed a bit, but awakening is fine, its not meant to be used in the middle of a massive horde of players, and rangers arent the only class like this, ninjas too....

Posted

Rangers are near the bottem these days

the only kills rangers get are on other rangers, 

I accepted the rangers fate and rerolled 

pa are obviously purging the rangers out of the game 

Posted (edited)

Wizards are just stupidly OP

Even DK's a joke compared to WZ

ranger is just a joke, why is this class even in the game? she needs massive buffs like reverting all her bow skill nerf and give her frontal guard while shooting shotguns. And I still don't think she will be able to compete with stupid WZ

WZ is the ONLY class in the game who doesn't need accuracy gear, all his attacks are pretty much guaranteed to hit. A200 WZ does way more damage than A240 ranger for this reason alone

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

have obviously never played one.

Playing against a class enough times still gives atleast halfway observant people a pretty good window into what's going on with that class... if it didn't, then it would be a REALLY HYPOCRITICAL for Ranger players here to then do the same thing by comparing themselves directly to the current meta class

/basic logic 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Maybe, just maybe, you should play DIFFERENTLY in NW/Sieges and RBF? And yes, there can be something like organized engages in RBF or at least if you spot a zerker or warrior engage, you should do damage at his position. I know, most people cant do it, because they could lose the number above their heads. Or because theyre too bad.

In NW you can work with your team. PA from a mage and your ranger does have enough defense for a couple seconds, enough to pop his damage skills.

And please, not all CC skills apply a CC on every hit.

You just sounds like you either don't play NW or don't have any experience with ranger before. It's easy to "TALK" about NW, but in the real NW just not that easy.

If it's so easy to "WORK WITH YOUR TEAMMATE AND RANGER WILL BE FINE" than there will no so many rangers reroll to wiz/witch, just look at the fact how many top skill rangers reroll to another class every day. Also even if not all hits come with cc, even only half hits come with cc ranger still will get KD or cc in one blink. Getting cc in 0.5 sec and 1 sec doesn't make any big difference.

And you still didn't reply to me about the mana regain issue and dura decrease like crazy issue about ranger yet?

Edited by Qmm
1 person likes this

Posted

Why doesnt OP just reroll wizard if he wants to be a wizard?

Posted

Btw at the moment if you chain breezy blade > rushing wind trough a CC area which is supposed to be iframe > super armor you are getting CCed cuz once again our skills are "properly" working

Why doesnt OP just reroll wizard if he wants to be a wizard?

The OP never compared ranger to wizz... obviously you just came here and started splitting bullsh1t arround

1 person likes this

Posted

Btw at the moment if you chain breezy blade > rushing wind trough a CC area which is supposed to be iframe > super armor you are getting CCed cuz once again our skills are "properly" working

The OP never compared ranger to wizz... obviously you just came here and started splitting bullsh1t arround

You didnt say it directly but was pretty obvious you felt lesser compared to the shit Wizards are doing right now. Warrior ult is ok... but hits bout as hard as a good geared ranger that lands his CC. 

2 people like this

Posted

You didnt say it directly but was pretty obvious you felt lesser compared to the shit Wizards are doing right now. Warrior ult is ok... but hits bout as hard as a good geared ranger that lands his CC. 

and yet AGAIN learn to Read. 

Posted

and yet AGAIN learn to Read. 

don't bother ^^ 

i'm slightly above your gear & 61 & i feel ya ^^

guess its better to wait out the second awakening or whatever they wanne call it 

we are not really in a Good spot 

the mana & durability consumption is pretty bad but that does not even bother me compared to the way we are in pvp :) 

the best comment was that 1 Guy who said we have the best grab ingame xD our grab is -----ed up , if the grab fails we still go in the grab animation & then we just backflip for no reason lol :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I am an unskilled ranger, but I use mobility and terrain to annoy the crap out of enemies in pvp.  i cant go toe to toe with them.  Just a different play style.  Agree the grab is fked up though

Posted (edited)

don't bother ^^ 

i'm slightly above your gear & 61 & i feel ya ^^

guess its better to wait out the second awakening or whatever they wanne call it 

we are not really in a Good spot 

the mana & durability consumption is pretty bad but that does not even bother me compared to the way we are in pvp :) 

the best comment was that 1 Guy who said we have the best grab ingame xD our grab is -----ed up , if the grab fails we still go in the grab animation & then we just backflip for no reason lol :D

you forgot the part that we die straight after that and thats not all our dash is -----ed up, breezy blade - -----ed up , rushing wind - -----ed up ( those are good only for 1vs1 - you rarely get cced trough them, but in mass PVP its different story )

Edited by d00mR

Posted

you forgot the part that we die straight after that and thats not all our dash is -----ed up, breezy blade - -----ed up , rushing wind - -----ed up ( those are good only for 1vs1 - you rarely get cced trough them, but in mass PVP its different story )

hehe Yea :P 

it annoyed me so hard that after i got 61 i actually made a ninja , so many complaints about ninja but damn ranger is worse xD 

i did go back to my ranger just because my love for ranger ! 

Altho atm i don't know what to do anymore ingame & i'm guildless so i just do some random rbf & watch my screen being bored because looking for pvp just does not give any fun on ranger atm :(

Posted

I dont even want huge damage buff all i want is maybe a bit more superarmor on skills, fixes for some skills, a little buff for non awakening ( since they NERFED IT TO DEATH with mediah ) AND a HUGE rework on mana consumption and durability loss...

But i dont think this will ever happen. 

Posted

hehe Yea :P 

it annoyed me so hard that after i got 61 i actually made a ninja , so many complaints about ninja but damn ranger is worse xD 

i did go back to my ranger just because my love for ranger ! 

Altho atm i don't know what to do anymore ingame & i'm guildless so i just do some random rbf & watch my screen being bored because looking for pvp just does not give any fun on ranger atm :(

rbf is a joke ... i am not even trying to get big points cuz im gona lose them ... just playing for cc landing and dmg leaving the kills for the unkillable classes

Posted

its not really a second awakening its something that will do non awakening skills better or something but its not a new weapon.

Posted

rbf is a joke ... i am not even trying to get big points cuz im gona lose them ... just playing for cc landing and dmg leaving the kills for the unkillable classes

Well i know i'm not in rbf for the 10000 points :P just something to keep me Busy :D 

its not really a second awakening its something that will do non awakening skills better or something but its not a new weapon.

Yea i know but this could make a ranger ranged again & Thats pretty much what i want :D who knows maybe we are Gonna be broken in a Good way ... again :P

Posted (edited)

clearly smth is wrong i was doing more dmg with 200ap to 263-280 dp targets than i do now with 230ap to 280-300 dp targets and we all know that ap scales better than dp

Edited by d00mR