• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger need a buff

139 posts in this topic

Posted

How is this thread 4 pages and no one has mentioned that rangers are the T H I C C-est class?

That alone makes rangers BY FAR the best class

Posted (edited)

Ranger is fine how "she" is. Only the PvE Durbi/Mana consumption could be changed.
Rather nerf some classes (W.. and D...) instead of buffing.

Would take the last rbf chart of kills as sorce but i dont think it give the right impact as sorce.

How is this thread 4 pages and no one has mentioned that rangers are the T H I C C-est class?

I see you have a wife. Can i meet her? Or is she/he a real human?

Edited by Blacksheep

Posted (edited)

Main reason is fact who played ranger - losers who pick the most OP class in game. It is true ranger is not top 1 anymore, just a little behind wizard and DK. And this all trash players who chose class because of OP just relloring. But ranger it self is still insanly OP compared to other classes.

Here is the issue with your post you need to go with facts and the facts that we are ones from KR that show at best ranger is the middle of the middle of mid tier classes. Simply going by your head cannon doesent work hell its bad when people use this for work of fiction like books and movies but in a game while being a fictional world actually has people in it that can determine events and happening and in this case vs other people(or even npcs!) head cannon makes you seem like you are insane. The least you could do is tell us what in your head cannon makes it so that ranger is below dk and wizard you actually have examples(in this thread) in pvp and pve why rangers are weak atm I would like to understand the world you choose to live in.

Edited by Zeel
1 person likes this

Posted

nah dude DK is hornier LOL

Posted

You just sounds like you either don't play NW or don't have any experience with ranger before. It's easy to "TALK" about NW, but in the real NW just not that easy.

If it's so easy to "WORK WITH YOUR TEAMMATE AND RANGER WILL BE FINE" than there will no so many rangers reroll to wiz/witch, just look at the fact how many top skill rangers reroll to another class every day. Also even if not all hits come with cc, even only half hits come with cc ranger still will get KD or cc in one blink. Getting cc in 0.5 sec and 1 sec doesn't make any big difference.

And you still didn't reply to me about the mana regain issue and dura decrease like crazy issue about ranger yet?

I have more than enough experience in NW, trust me.

Never said it is easy. And most likely, it is more fun to just one shot people as mage. Again, this isnt really rangers being broken, but mages. The issue with iframes and SA is due to desync and happens to every class as well. And I do know skilled rangers that can stay in SA for a very long time.

I think I did. In case I actually forgot: It doesnt matter in a pvp discussion how fast your durability decreases while grinding.

Posted

Drem may have a point, it's hard to argue against those measurements

Posted

Real pro rangers get good or reroll to DK.

1 person likes this

Posted

Real pro rangers get good and reroll to DK.

There fixed it for you.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have more than enough experience in NW, trust me.

Never said it is easy. And most likely, it is more fun to just one shot people as mage. Again, this isnt really rangers being broken, but mages. The issue with iframes and SA is due to desync and happens to every class as well. And I do know skilled rangers that can stay in SA for a very long time.

I think I did. In case I actually forgot: It doesnt matter in a pvp discussion how fast your durability decreases while grinding.

In fact, mage is broken, but that doesn't change the fact that ranger is in a horrible situation in pvp. Using your example, in NW if your "front liner" can tank damage and cc for the team, I would choose sorc or DK to do the dps work. They can do the same damage outpost while having a good survival ability, then why would I choose ranger? And you said stay in SA for a very long time... who?

Our SA skills:

Breezy Blade - only work while attacking which only last not over 0.3 sec

Elven Rage: only work while attacking which only last not over 0.5 sec

Vine Knot: only work while performing air smash which last not over 0.2 sec

Rushing Wind: not over 0.3 sec

Even I save up all my super armor skills (which is impossible in a real fight) and use them all to hold my SA, I can not stand more than 1.3 sec to hold for CC. The only useful skill to avoid CC is Call from sky but you still have a chance to get cc due to dysnic or if you get cc attack between your skill spamming.

So while ranger need to use so many skills to just try to avoid cc and not get kill and have zero damage outpost, other classes, not just wiz/witch, can easily avoid cc while doing damage on the opponent. Now, why would a team pick ranger as their member? The only reason I can think is the ranger have a much higher GS than others. Isn't this what we call unbalance, and what the OP were asking to fix?

And the mana consumption and durability issue DOES affect pvp, yes it does. In a fight a ranger need to use more than 150 mana pots and hp pots IN 30 mins. Even you bought all the weight you still can only carry not more than totally 300 pots. After you use all the pots you need to go to a city that have silvers in the storage to buy pots. Yes not just a random place, cuz you have no weight to carry any silvers while having so many pots on you. Sometimes your off-hand broke while you are fighting and you will need to tell your team "hold on I need to fix my off-hand!!" ...... Other classes won't have this kind of issue during fight, why would ranger need to suffer? 

Does those issues affect pvp? Of course it does, and that shows me you are lack of pvp experience with ranger this class, so you cannot understand what situation we rangers are dealing with.

Edited by Qmm
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In fact, mage is broken, but that doesn't change the fact that ranger is in a horrible situation in pvp. Using your example, in NW if your "front liner" can tank damage and cc for the team, I would choose sorc or DK to do the dps work. They can do the same damage outpost while having a good survival ability, then why would I choose ranger? And you said stay in SA for a very long time... who?

Our SA skills:

Breezy Blade - only work while attacking which only last not over 0.3 sec

Elven Rage: only work while attacking which only last not over 0.5 sec

Vine Knot: only work while performing air smash which last not over 0.2 sec

Rushing Wind: not over 0.3 sec

Even I save up all my super armor skills (which is impossible in a real fight) and use them all to hold my SA, I can not stand more than 1.3 sec to hold for CC. The only useful skill to avoid CC is Call from sky but you still have a chance to get cc due to dysnic or if you get cc attack between your skill spamming.

So while ranger need to use so many skills to just try to avoid cc and not get kill and have zero damage outpost, other classes, not just wiz/witch, can easily avoid cc while doing damage on the opponent. Now, why would a team pick ranger as their member? The only reason I can think is the ranger have a much higher GS than others. Isn't this what we call unbalance, and what the OP were asking to fix?

And the mana consumption and durability issue DOES affect pvp, yes it does. In a fight a ranger need to use more than 150 mana pots and hp pots IN 30 mins. Even you bought all the weight you still can only carry not more than totally 300 pots. After you use all the pots you need to go to a city that have silvers in the storage to buy pots. Yes not just a random place, cuz you have no weight to carry any silvers while having so many pots on you. Sometimes your off-hand broke while you are fighting and you will need to tell your team "hold on I need to fix my off-hand!!" ...... Other classes won't have this kind of issue during fight, why would ranger need to suffer? 

Does those issues affect pvp? Of course it does, and that shows me you are lack of pvp experience with ranger this class, so you cannot understand what situation we rangers are dealing with.

pretty nice placed but you forgot 2 things.

1st Our Elven rage casting time is too much, so you can't possibly dodge an incoming skill unless you see the future.

2nd Vino Knot will work only 2 out of 10 times because of the small super armor window, basically server lagg and desync make it useless.

That means we are left with only 2 skills with some kind of protection which i believe aren't working as intended at the moment ( on RBF we are getting CCed trough them ), so again server lagg and desync destroys it.Breezy blade is supposed to be iframe during moving and super armor while attacking( we are usually getting cought in the supposed super armor ). And just for comparison a Ninja can stay in a group of ppl for around 6 sec while taking no dmg and attacking.

Oh and lets not forget that we need more AP than the other classes to do the same amount of dmg.

PS: Ye Ranger is broken in a bad way 

Edited by d00mR
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That feeling when you haven't been playing for a year and come back to find out your class is basically unplayable. 

Oh well.

Edited by Vix

Posted

double the dmg ? where ? i need 230 ap to do the same dmg as 210AP warrior, also i have plenty of accuracy. You shouldn't even be here cuz you know tamer can get in group 5 ppl do some dmg and get out unscrached, also i will give a list of classes than can do that : Tamer, Maehwa, Musa, DK, Warrior, Sorc .... if rangers try to get in a group of ppl it will be insta CCed, because of the unreliable iframes/"superarmors" we have. BTW do you know your dog is currently broken and it is doing more dmg than the tamer ? lets not talk about balance because you play broken class, you suck with it and you only know how to complain (pedal nedorazvit)

i'm not talking about 1vs1 there we are doing decent ( if you are good enough you can kill everyone ) the main problem is in mass PVP where we are insta dead if we get in and we do no dmg from range

"Tamer is broken class" you are complaining about Tamers, srsly? What kind of trolling is this...?

Posted

lol no they don't

Posted

lol no they don't

lol yes they do

Posted

The #1 problem with rangers was the very strange decision to turn them into a melee class on awakening.

People who play a ranger type class want to be ranged. They want to use a bow. Turning them into a melee class was just weird and unwise.

Until and unless they are willing to somehow undo that decision, the class is doomed.

Posted

The issue is morons still stay more bow mode when the bow mode was super nerfed, use your awakening skills and git gud.

Posted (edited)

Considering what ranger was the literal first 3/4s of this game's existence in NA, I think u guys deserve some sit down time.

Edited by Xaqq
1 person likes this

Posted

you should read more carefull ... i'm not the one mentioning wizz i actually compared the dmg with warrior

Cool comparison you forgot to mention though that you can deal damage at any range while the warrior has to actually get in your face to do something...Not sure if it was you that also mentioned that a warrior can jump into 5 people do damage and get out reliably, yeah that can occasionally happen if you play against button mashing monkeys but most of the times jumping in like that will result in CC and death.

Posted

ranger is fine l2p useing its melee awakening

Posted

Cool comparison you forgot to mention though that you can deal damage at any range while the warrior has to actually get in your face to do something...Not sure if it was you that also mentioned that a warrior can jump into 5 people do damage and get out reliably, yeah that can occasionally happen if you play against button mashing monkeys but most of the times jumping in like that will result in CC and death.

what range ? ranger range skill's doesn't do dmg and has no protection ... ranger is mele and skills hitbox is much smaller than the warrior ones, so your point ?

Considering what ranger was the literal first 3/4s of this game's existence in NA, I think u guys deserve some sit down time.

ranger was never OP you guys didn't how to play against it in the early state. It didn't have any iframe or super armor in non-awakened state and it was very vulnerable to CC 

"Tamer is broken class" you are complaining about Tamers, srsly? What kind of trolling is this...?

ye Tamer is broken that dog is doing 1500-2000 dmg on geared target

Posted

374506.jpg

Im just kidding

Posted (edited)

So how about players who join after mediah update? Isn't that unfair to them?

And how about sorc? More OP than ranger pre-awakening and still strong af compare to ranger right now?

Also, what you are saying just tells everybody that you also think ranger is in a unbalanced situation (in a bad way) now, isn't it?

ranger is fine l2p useing its melee awakening

melee awakening doesnt have any useful defensive skills nor pre-awakening skills.

do you even play ranger? or you always got burst by ranger so you think ranger is op?

Edited by Qmm

Posted

Real pro rangers get good and reroll to DK.

fixed ;)

Posted

Roll wiz.  You'll do the damage.  Your class isn't supposed to be a magician.  I still see lower geared rangers Shit on higher geared other classes.  229ap ranger vs 251 ap Kuno for example. 

Posted

Roll wiz.  You'll do the damage.  Your class isn't supposed to be a magician.  I still see lower geared rangers Shit on higher geared other classes.  229ap ranger vs 251 ap Kuno for example. 

While they can 1 shot each other, having some extra 20ap doesn't mean for anything. Whoever get CC first will die.

And again, the issue is never the awakening damage. read all the above discussions then come back.