• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO on Steam? Nah.

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Never really post on forums, but I feel like I have to with this. Black Desert is coming to steam, great right?
No. Anyone that owns Black Desert but wants to use it through steam has to REPURCHASE it again.

803757c5bf81154038ef761c89c38b2e.png

Edited by Elaisaria
Grammar.

Posted

Never really post on forums, but I feel like I have to with this. Black Desert is coming to steam, great right?
No. Anyone that owns Black Desert but wants to use it through steam has to REPURCHASE it again.

803757c5bf81154038ef761c89c38b2e.png

Yeah and make a new account too. Strange sauce.

Posted (edited)

separated server for steam BDO ? that's strange yeah.

Get rekt if you have kashkow account - game ?

Edited by woots

Posted

Feelsbadman

Posted

I mean why divide the playerbase even more?.. they give the  the option to link Facebook accounts.. but not Steam accounts? oh well

Posted

It's incredibly dumb, obviously it's to milk people out of spending more money for a slightly more convenient way of playing. How about they fix their servers before adding more players to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

The thing that makes no sense to me is the starting over part...  L...  O...  L...  over my dead body, I'd rather quit and uninstall before I would start over.

11 people like this

Posted

Exactly that, the gall that kakao/PA has is beyond astounding.

Posted

i mean if we think about it.. that doesnt mean we get seperate servers, just that if youw ant to play with your steam accoutn you need to rebuy the game... but still.. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's a cash grab plain and simple, meanwhile the game will be unplayable if they don't upgrade the servers to account for additional players. It's already terrible on node war nights, so if there are a lot of new players or new accounts from existing players made thru Steam, if you are even able to get logged in then you might get 10 fps at best for 5 minutes and then dc.

Also Rimworld is able to link non Steam accounts to Steam, and that is developed by literally one dude as opposed to BDO/Pearl Abyss. So that is why I say it is a cash grab on Kakao's part.

Edited by chaosmeow

Posted

Behold the amount of fks they give by your forums posts, their players, and their promises. (See that "We will never bring weapon exchange coupon into the game" and look at Shakatu's seals rewards, and also, look at "We will never enable pearl items to be sold on marketplace" and after that look at the game's "Pearl items" tab from marketplace)

1 person likes this

Posted

That's a bit strange but not uncommon, Elder Scrolls Online goes the same way, even if you own it you have to repurchase it on steam - so far I've seen only two shining examples of unificating the player base, Elite Dangerous gives you codes to steam for free if you own the game by other means and people at gog.com with their policy of adding selected titles to your gog library if you already own them on steam, I wish BDO would take the Frontier path in that matter, would be fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

We will never bring weapon exchange coupon into the game

They said you would never be able to buy them with real money, lo and behold the seals are available to every single player. 

We will never enable pearl items to be sold on marketplace

They said that pearl trading would not be available at the time of the Beta and IF it was implemented later on there would be restrictions. 

Please learn to read English before you start lying to people. :) 

11 people like this

Posted

Aww, give me my steam, pleasee :(

Posted

It's strange that BDO has the same account limitation that every MMO adding Steam support has.

Good post, OP.

9 people like this

Posted

Is it because they want to keep full income from current playerbase?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Its because they have to cut Steam in on all the cash shop purchases from the Steam users and like stated above PA/Kaokao will keep the money from existing players

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

Who said anything about a separate server? It's the same server its just like what ESO did.

2 people like this

Posted

Nice troll post.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice troll post.

exactly what i thought when kashkao said we cannot link our steam accounts.

Posted

It's strange that BDO has the same account limitation that every MMO adding Steam support has.

Good post, OP.

Vindictus didn't have this limitation ;o

Posted

Good post, OP.

This isn't a problem for Warframe. U:

Posted

separated server for steam BDO ? that's strange yeah.

Get rekt if you have kashkow account - game ?

your noob is showing :$

might want to hide that or cover it up.

Posted

They said you would never be able to buy them with real money, lo and behold the seals are available to every single player. 

They said that pearl trading would not be available at the time of the Beta and IF it was implemented later on there would be restrictions. 

Please learn to read English before you start lying to people. :) 

I would like to ask YOU to learn Engrish before u start lying to people.

https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/834330201983221760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.blackdesertonline.com%2F%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fbdo_news%2Fstatus%2F834330201983221760%3Flang%3Den

1 person likes this

Posted

wow, Kakao/PA doesn't stop  doing stupid things