• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO on Steam? Nah.

84 posts in this topic

Posted

They haven't released weapon exchange coupons, as these are items that would allow you to switch your TET longsword for a TET longbow for instance.

Please, I urge you to learn how to read English as you are struggling at the moment. :) 

Posted

Vindictus didn't have this limitation ;o

This isn't a problem for Warframe. U:

I stand corrected, thanks.

Posted (edited)

Have to be really stupid to repurchase this game just to play it on steam, probably some morons out there who will actually do it

Edited by Zodiac

Posted

Being forced to buy it again to play on Steam is not that strange...  Elder Scrolls Online does the same exact thing.

Being forced to create a new account to play via Steam though, is just insane.  The only reasoning I can of for this:  They want people that are already dedicated players to only be able to buy Cash Shop items directly through them.  They are locking down all their current accounts for direct future sales.

So, this is 2 different hugely inconvenient things they are doing to their current players for money...  I can deal with the first one, but the second is just ridiculous.

Posted

can someone inform me why having bdo on steam would be so much better then what we have now except for trophees maybe?

Posted

can someone inform me why having bdo on steam would be so much better then what we have now except for trophees maybe?

Steam Streaming,overlay,fps counter fr list ....etc....

Being forced to buy it again to play on Steam is not that strange...  Elder Scrolls Online does the same exact thing.

Being forced to create a new account to play via Steam though, is just insane.  The only reasoning I can of for this:  They want people that are already dedicated players to only be able to buy Cash Shop items directly through them.  They are locking down all their current accounts for direct future sales.

So, this is 2 different hugely inconvenient things they are doing to their current players for money...  I can deal with the first one, but the second is just ridiculous.

Nope you are wrong here :

Requires 3rd-Party Account: Elder Scrolls Online Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

1 person likes this

Posted

Requires 3rd-Party Account: Elder Scrolls Online Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

I am not wrong, I own ESO.

You must purchase ESO on Steam in order to play through Steam, even if you already own the game.  But, you can link your current ESO account to the Steam version/your Steam account to play through Steam(once you own it on Steam).

Posted

your noob is showing :$

might want to hide that or cover it up.

what ? i dont understand your answer :o

Posted

but doesnt this already work? I've been streaming black desert to my nvidia shield for months now and it works great, and u can add it as a non steam game in steam , not sure about the fps counter but my msi gaming app already does that for me if it needs to.. before I had my shield I did stream it to my bedroom pc

Posted

BDO ded gaem confirm?

Posted

Use of my Steam wallet would completely win me over.  Make money via cards and items and throw the money into BDO.

Posted (edited)

I mean why divide the playerbase even more?.. they give the  the option to link Facebook accounts.. but not Steam accounts? oh well

What are you talking about?... There's no Steam-Dedicated servers.  It just launches from the steam platform.  Everyone's still stuck playing on the same exact Godawful lagging Desynchy N.A. servers nomatter what

the 1 and ONLY benefit,  getting some real NUMBER SAMPLES finally via:  http://steamcharts.com/

Edited by iller

Posted

They haven't released weapon exchange coupons, as these are items that would allow you to switch your TET longsword for a TET longbow for instance.

Please, I urge you to learn how to read English as you are struggling at the moment. :) 

Shakatu Seals rewards:

• 30 Seals - Kzarka’s Sealed Weapon Box or Nouver’s Sealed Sub-Weapon Box

• 50 Seals - Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor, Muskan’s Shoes, Ship Registration: Epheria Sailboat, or PRI: Ogre Ring 

• 70 Seals - Dandelion Weapon Box, Tungrad Necklace, Tier 8 Horse with skills Sprint and Instant Accel

• 100 Seals - DUO: Ogre Ring, DUO: Tungrad Earring

• 150 Seals - Awakening Weapon Exchange Coupon (7 Days)

Posted

Shakatu Seals rewards:

"Currently we have no plans to release the weapon exchange coupons." 

Currently mean at this moment in time, if we continue to receive 10 tokens a month it will take 15 months for the coupon to be available. It is also a 7 day item that is used up after 7 days and not available again for another 15 months. Even if we get 30 seals a month it will still take 5 months to get the item.

However none of this matter because that announcement was made in February and it is currently May, which means they did not lie as it wasn't released "currently" 

Please find a new language, you can't seem to read English. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Shakatu Seals rewards:

• 30 Seals - Kzarka’s Sealed Weapon Box or Nouver’s Sealed Sub-Weapon Box

• 50 Seals - Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor, Muskan’s Shoes, Ship Registration: Epheria Sailboat, or PRI: Ogre Ring 

• 70 Seals - Dandelion Weapon Box, Tungrad Necklace, Tier 8 Horse with skills Sprint and Instant Accel

• 100 Seals - DUO: Ogre Ring, DUO: Tungrad Earring

Currently we have no plans to release the weapon exchange coupons.

Currently as from 22. 02.2017!!!!

Do you already have 150 Seals....? If not stfu.

4 people like this

Posted

Never really post on forums, but I feel like I have to with this. Black Desert is coming to steam, great right?
No. Anyone that owns Black Desert but wants to use it through steam has to REPURCHASE it again.

803757c5bf81154038ef761c89c38b2e.png

maybe there would be server for new players.If yes that,s great new server new start.If they thinking that they can get new players for old servers that will be disapointing.

Posted

Steam doesnt bring in a lot players even for popular MMO. MMO is a niche market even more so on steam. Lol u idiots want steam to eat into 30% bdo revenues? 

Posted

The thing that makes no sense to me is the starting over part...  L...  O...  L...  over my dead body, I'd rather quit and uninstall before I would start over.

for real. This is not a feasible MMO to start over in

Posted

Steam bdo will be the most casual of casual dead player base seen in a game 

seriously, all of the dedicated people who really liked bdo have already played for months and months in our version and wont be swapping over 

hard core pvpers will be staying on our version too. 

So all in all, it will have a serious lack of dedicated users that make uo the core of an mmo

Posted

Steam bdo will be the most casual of casual dead player base seen in a game 

seriously, all of the dedicated people who really liked bdo have already played for months and months in our version and wont be swapping over 

hard core pvpers will be staying on our version too. 

So all in all, it will have a serious lack of dedicated users that make uo the core of an mmo

oh, my, actual ,god. 

for the last time for the morons in the -----ing back who apparently cannot hear.

THEY ARE NOT SPLITTING THE PLAYERBASE INTO STEAM AND NON STEAM SERVERS THEIR SHITTY LAUNCHER TO THE SAME GOD DAMNED SHITTY SERVERS WILL SIMPLY LAUNCH FROM STEAM AS A -----ING STEAM GAME IF YOU BUY IT ON STEAM.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well isn't that a shame, could you still get a referral reward if you were to gift a steam copy?  haha...

Jokes aside, because I can't find the coded I used to redeem the game is why they can't link. (Checked email & Account Information)

But couldn't really be that hard to as a new column value to accounts specify for steam ID?? less they need to tinker with associative table(s).  (From a Database point of view)

Well you could still play BDO on Steam Via adding as Non-Steam game but that's the launcher. Launch and leave that running, run the real one outside of steam, w/e.

Edited by Kealias

Posted (edited)

Aww really?

I got quite excited about BDO being brought to Steam. Thought, I could just link my existing account with my Steam Account. Would have been really convenient - BUT NOOOOOOOO.

Why not? 

Edited by Two-Tu

Posted

Why? Two different servers? Really?

Not really. 

Posted

Never really post on forums, but I feel like I have to with this. Black Desert is coming to steam, great right?
No. Anyone that owns Black Desert but wants to use it through steam has to REPURCHASE it again.

803757c5bf81154038ef761c89c38b2e.png

You already have an account, the hell you care if its you playing it through another program? it's still the same game lmao, This entitled generation.....
Given a spot on the beach,But you want the spot other people are standing on.. It's all the same beach people.

Posted

Why not? 

You already gave money directly to Cashcow, so they don't want you spending money on steam (where they have to give valve 30% of it).

Basically they are using steam as a customer acquisition tool, and only want to pay valve for the new customers it brings.  With the way they have set this up, valve will never get any money from existing users.