• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

For those who played over 5000 hours...

25 posts in this topic

Posted

How did you do it?

Posted

afk

7 people like this

Posted

they keep their pc on fishing/breeding etc all day, i think

Posted (edited)

There's people almost nearing there 10k hour reward. They simply AFK alot and also enjoy the game. I know people whom are retired and play this game 8hrs/day 

Edited by Catclaw
2 people like this

Posted

AFK fish

Posted

The more you play the game, specially if you do lifeskills, you'll realize how much your gameplay can improve when you process/fish/simply sleep for energy, while you're afk, there's alot to do.

Posted (edited)

We played for at least 7 months without ever log out, it's that simple :)

Edited by Aeris_TheAncient

Posted

Afk fishing 4 life 

Posted

Processing ._.

Posted

i played like 4000 hours from the 5000 ones. I like to grind a lot, not used to fish a lot too.

Posted (edited)

How did you do it?

Surprisingly, only about 750 of my hours were overnight/AFK   (I was kinda late to realizing how important it was to get on that train from the beginning).

I'll tell ya one thing that made the other 4250 hours more bearable.... and that was to not spend most of it grinding Mobs b/c that is about as tedious as it gets when the AI is so terrible it essentially doesn't even exist in this game.   But it also helps that I have like, half a dozen games over my basement dwelling career I've logged over 5k hours in so I did this one standing on my head.  Hell, I put 5000 hours just into playing a single class (Monk) in Guildwars1 and that was b/c the AI in that game was really good.  I also have 5k in TF2 b/c the enemies they added when it went Free to Play were so life-like too!  ...

in any case, despite having both types of ADHD (or maybe b/c of it) , I found it a fairly consistent routine to be pulled in so many different directions by this game at once that it was possible to forget how boring some tasks could be if you over focused on any one of them.  Some days I admit it's not easy to want to keep going, especially when it involves the Enchanting interface and its soul sucking RNG depression spiral. Plus the combat is Shallow AF.  But changing up my whole Node setup every now and then usually snaps me out of any funk... along with switching around the gear on my alts and trying out some Recipes I might have overlooked and seeing if they become staple Money-Making crafts

This is also a REALLY ideal game to only halfway pay attention to while you have a Podcast of some kind playin in the background

Edited by iller

Posted

Im like 90 days or so off from 10k.  Afk fishing at night/work, basically all the time when I'm not actively playing...  which to be honest is not a lot, only time I can ever really get in there and play is when I'm not busy weekends.  Otherwise 1-3 hours a day maybe, mostly in the morning after work.

Posted

AFK... Such a huge waste of energy.

Posted

I got  ~375 days of ingame time on my main which is pretty much 9k hours. Got very few hours on my alts though so the 10k reward is probably a month away at least.

The trick is to never log out ^^

Posted

afk fishing / processing / cooking

Posted

Yep fishing for me mostly :)

Posted

Afk-fishing. During the average weekday, I just barely manage 1 hour of active playtime :P

Posted

fishing, training or processing

Posted

How did you do it?

they have no career or real life responsibilities?

1 person likes this

Posted

That'd be true if we'd gotten them actively playing the game.

But they're obviously tuned that high cause we're supposed to afk in the game, and do it lots so they can show off high concurrent user numbers.

So your "Im better than you" shit post is based on something that simply holds no truth to anything.

Thanks for trying though?

Posted

There's people almost nearing there 10k hour reward. They simply AFK alot and also enjoy the game. I know people whom are retired and play this game 8hrs/day 

My wife is unemployed, and is playing this game all day, all night too.... lol.  Thankfully, she helps me with my AFK. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice assumption but wrong. 

I am betting that most of us have careers or school but we AFK while we are there and jump on for whatever events we like with guildees in the evenings or on weekends.

Posted

That'd be true if we'd gotten them actively playing the game.

But they're obviously tuned that high cause we're supposed to afk in the game, and do it lots so they can show off high concurrent user numbers.

So your "Im better than you" shit post is based on something that simply holds no truth to anything.

Thanks for trying though?

lol, I never said I was "better." I figured it meant in game time which would mean that little to nothing could be accomplished outside the game.  If anything,  you'd be "better" in this game because I only casually log in to screw around. 

Nice assumption but wrong. 

I am betting that most of us have careers or school but we AFK while we are there and jump on for whatever events we like with guildees in the evenings or on weekends.

As I stated to another fella: sorry,  I didn't know that everyone meant afk time. 

Posted

AFK... Such a huge waste of energy.

How would that be a waste of energy? Your alts and current character regen energy, yes, but the more energy you have, the more you can do when you come back. If you AFK fish you'll actually also use up a bit of energy so that way at least it stays consistent :) 

Leaving it offline would be even more of a waste of energy :P  since then you'll only regen alot slower, meaning you can do less than when you'd actually leave your game on. 

My wife is unemployed, and is playing this game all day, all night too.... lol.  Thankfully, she helps me with my AFK. 

Hah that sounds like me (well I actually sleep too lol, but I help my bf with his processing etc) xD

Posted

How would that be a waste of energy? Your alts and current character regen energy, yes, but the more energy you have, the more you can do when you come back. If you AFK fish you'll actually also use up a bit of energy so that way at least it stays consistent :) 

He meant power, as in electricity.