• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

xcoronahost.xem, CPU usage after 5/3 maintenance.

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Sounds great. Happy to hear that, but. Could you kindly provide a source for that claim?

It's literally quoted in this thread. Look up.

Anyway I really hope this is fixed soon. Just today I was thinking of starting a second character, but then I remembered it would be unplayable anyway.

Fwiw, W7x64 here too.

Posted

how about something like this?
you can choose any process and limit CPU usage

http://mion.faireal.net/BES/#download
I'm not going to use it until a CM says its fine tho >.>

Posted (edited)

I raised this concern at the forums of the developer for this "add-on" (Coherent Labs) and they said this:

Indeed this behavior is not expected from Coherent UI. However, the issue is likely to be caused by the integration of our product into the game, not by the product itself.

We also contacted the guys over at Pearl Abyss to take a look at their integration code and see what might be causing this undesired effect and so far we haven't heard back from them on that matter. 

We will keep trying to get to the bottom of this and resolve it.

Best,
John V.
Support Engineer at Coherent Labs

Edited by Shiraishin

Posted

We also contacted the guys over at Pearl Abyss to take a look at their integration code and see what might be causing this undesired effect and so far we haven't heard back from them on that matter. 

PA too busy developing more cash shop items and FotM to concern about how the way they integrated a third party system is messing up players' game play.

But I guess I now know what's been eating my comp, because I get random spikes that has me looking at my task manager and seeing 100% usage which shouldn't be happening at all.

Posted

This crap better be fixed in this patch, being unable to play without a 95% cpu usage and 12 fps is utterly unacceptable.

Posted

You people need to post your specs so they can pinpoint the problem, because this is not happening to everyone. 

Posted

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to have been fixed, at least for me. I noticed it stopped hogging a CPU core since perhaps about 24-48 hours before today's maintenance, and seems to have been fine for my last few logins.

BDO itself didn't receive a patch, but XIGNCODE3 and other similar programs are a bit like antivirus software in that they re-download signature files and such every time -- that's probably what that progress bar on the XIGNCODE startup window is. So it's possible the Wellbia folks fixed their problem independently of the BDO dev team.

Of course, it could just be a fluke or coincidence.

So thanks to all those involved for getting it fixed in a reasonably timely fashion... if it indeed has been fixed.

Posted

It's not fixed at all for me, still taking up all my CPU cycles and its NOT Coherent UI, its XIGNCODE

Posted

The issue persists for me, unfortunately the maintenance this week didn't make a difference for me. Xigncode / xcoronahost still maxes out my CPU usage, which is kinda amazing and crazy at the same time.

You people need to post your specs so they can pinpoint the problem, because this is not happening to everyone. 

Seems reasonable:

Processor

Core i7 5960X

Motherboard

MSI X99S Gaming AC

GPU

GTX 980 Ti (EVGA)

OS & Software

Windows 7 64-bit professional, latest patches & updates applied.

GeForce 382.05 WHQL

Posted

Specs make no difference here, it will happen with all kind of setups. There is a ~workaround if you don't wanna close the process, suspend them instead, then you can still use the windows in-game that make use of it without restarting the client (suspend them again after)

2017-05-11 - 12.46.42 ~ Cropped Capture.png

Posted

Specs make no difference here, it will happen with all kind of setups. There is a ~workaround if you don't wanna close the process, suspend them instead, then you can still use the windows in-game that make use of it without restarting the client (suspend them again after)

2017-05-11 - 12.46.42 ~ Cropped Capture.png

Decent advice, but for the wrong problem. Yes, CoherentUI ( Marketplace, blackspirit game, skill preview windows etc.) can take up some CPU usage, and you can close or suspend them. The issue here in this thread is xcoronahost or Xigncode. The Anti-Cheat 3rd party software. Closing or suspending that closes down the game.

Posted (edited)

Afaik that fixes Xigncode cpu usage is actually turning off your pc for 10mins and turn it back on this fixes it, this worked for me try it out for yourself If I get it again I will show you proof that it works.

I know it seems a bit dumb but trust me it worked for me.

Edited by Darknessxfazer
suckyournan edit

Posted (edited)

Thought my CPU was seeing the end of it's days there, glad its a bug though.

I did a launcher repair earlier and it was running amazing for a bit with xcorona at 64 bit... But then it suddenly changed back to 32 and started locking up.

Can't be a good thing to be loading up a single core at 100%, I'd say this is a serious problem. I'm sure people don't want to be bricking their CPU's over a game glitch.

Edited by Phamtastic

Posted (edited)

There you go here's proof that turning off your pc and waiting 10mins to restart your pc makes Xigncode CPU usage go to 0%.

waiting 10mins to restart your pc is just me. You can just restart without having to wait.

Xign.PNG

Edited by Darknessxfazer
Suckyournan edit
1 person likes this

Posted

There you go here's proof that turning off your pc and waiting 10mins to restart your pc makes Xigncode CPU usage go to 0%.

Xign.PNG

Same thing as if you just restart the game, no need to reboot the whole computer.

Posted

Xign.PNG

No need to wait to restart but I've noticed as well that rebooting the PC can solve the issue sometimes when it appears.

Posted

Lul

Posted

Lul

Kek thats just me, you can just restart without having to wait.

Posted (edited)

Restarting any amount of times does not help here, either waiting 10 minutes or immediately. From what most people said, it seems to be a compatibility issue with Windows 7 somewhere.

Edited by Cranberries

Posted

Restarting any amount of times does not help here, either waiting 10 minutes or immediately. From what most people said, it seems to be a compatibility issue with Windows 7 somewhere.

alright thanks for the comment <3 Yes I agree too must be compatibility issue

but this should be hopefully help other people for their fix like me

Posted (edited)

Same problem, and I'm on windows 10. :(

Oddly, if I tab out of the game, it runs fine in the background (window/windowed-boredless but in the background).

Edited by Zero_Day