• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How do you deal with a dark knight?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I learned to fight all the classes more or less but i don't really understand how to fight her tbh.

Atm she feels like a character with the mobility and i-frames of the sorcs (but better) and the damage+range of a wizard/witch. Honestly i can't really seem to find a window where i can confidently say "ok that's an opening, i can go in" every time i think i've hit her with whatever spell (even a correctly aimed block jump) she disappears in front of me and she keeps i-framing while attacking me at the same time... i even saw her dancing around me in i-frames and attacking and she didn't take a single hit of a full casted katana shower while in the middle of my spell hitbox. 

I mean, short i-frames are ok but wtf dodging an entire spell that has a pretty long duration while in i-frame on top of being able to move around freely and damage your opponent? Not even a sorc can do something like that... (sorry end of the rant).

That being said is there anything i should know that could help when i fight her? That thing that makes you say "oh she used/wasted that spell! Now it's my time to shine."?

Posted (edited)

Honestly dk is 1 of the easiest classes for me to pvp. Ninja has so many gap closers that if they dont focus on running from me I can easily reach them in a flash. I play ninja very aggressively tho I usually nvr stop attacking until your dead lol, and dks cant deal with heavy pressure. Sooooo tldr I just constantly rush them and dodge and block there attacks I guess. Dk and sorcs are the easiest 1v1 class for me ninja is reaaaaalllly fast so most ppl are easy to barrage non stop.

Edited by SexGawdTy

Posted

For me, its one of the hardest classes to 1v1.  If they use all of their skills for kiting, its impossible as a ninja to catch them. Seed/Flow:Seed usually oneshots my guard, leaving me extremely vulnerable to damage from scattering/bombardment and their superarmor floor sweeping skill. Basically the only opening that we have against them is catching them when they use spirit legacy or bombardment (both are frontal block), but competent players won't use legacy/bombardment close by.

Fight Nehoy from barcode, he's the guy who gave me the most troubles.

Posted

For me, its one of the hardest classes to 1v1.  If they use all of their skills for kiting, its impossible as a ninja to catch them. Seed/Flow:Seed usually oneshots my guard, leaving me extremely vulnerable to damage from scattering/bombardment and their superarmor floor sweeping skill. Basically the only opening that we have against them is catching them when they use spirit legacy or bombardment (both are frontal block), but competent players won't use legacy/bombardment close by.

Fight Nehoy from barcode, he's the guy who gave me the most troubles.

maybe in a group fight but alone if they arent running away its very easy for me to catch 1. Their like flys with high powered cannons. Gotta know when to smack em lol

Posted

Honestly dk is 1 of the easiest classes for me to pvp. Ninja has so many gap closers that if they dont focus on running from me I can easily reach them in a flash. I play ninja very aggressively tho I usually nvr stop attacking until your dead lol, and dks cant deal with heavy pressure. Sooooo tldr I just constantly rush them and dodge and block there attacks I guess. Dk and sorcs are the easiest 1v1 class for me ninja is reaaaaalllly fast so most ppl are easy to barrage non stop.

I tried both the tactic of charging in and the waiting game. The charge in tactic almost never worked out because everytime i threw my full combo either she was in super armor or she was untargetable, also since she was attacking while moving i costantly found myself knocked down during mid combo... 

At the moment the only thing i noticed is that there is 0,5 sec window where she has to stand still to throw a certain damaging spell (dunno the name) in that exact moment if she can't knock me down i can block jump into her or dash in and hope that the stun chain starts. 
But this i think is just due to the fact that she just -----ed up the timings of her spells... 

Posted

I tried both the tactic of charging in and the waiting game. The charge in tactic almost never worked out because everytime i threw my full combo either she was in super armor or she was untargetable, also since she was attacking while moving i costantly found myself knocked down during mid combo... 

At the moment the only thing i noticed is that there is 0,5 sec window where she has to stand still to throw a certain damaging spell (dunno the name) in that exact moment if she can't knock me down i can block jump into her or dash in and hope that the stun chain starts. 
But this i think is just due to the fact that she just -----ed up the timings of her spells... 

I main a DK, and I am going to say that block jump and grab is your best friend. A good DK is going to be able to move around a lot, but if you can find an opening and are close enough for block jump, you'd got them dead to rights. It's been a while since I've played Ninja, and I've been thinking about regearing mine (which is why I'm here). Gap close, block jump, grab, finisher. Besides that, when I use my large aoe skill, the one that just sprays a large area? I'm completely vulnerable from behind, so it's the perfect time to get behind me. After many fights against a Kuno guildie, he's figured out my weaknesses and chinks in my armor as a DK and can consistently beat me if I don't outsmart him with timing. Practice makes perfect.

1 person likes this

Posted

You dont need to launch a full combo unless their cc'd. Do you play ninja like alot do. You know the spam frontal block and silent charge thing? If so thats too slow to catch any1 decent at pvp. Dk have lengthy cooldowns if you keep rushing they theyll eventually get caught y prob need to work on your timing and movement skills. Because if a dk isnt trying to get away from me they cant outrun me if their trying to kite me its very easy to get into their range. If your on NA maybe you can find get me a dk and I can show you how I play or you can pvp me as well so I can get a grasp of your playstyle to help find ya problem because every ninja plays differently :D

Posted

I learned to fight all the classes more or less but i don't really understand how to fight her tbh.

Atm she feels like a character with the mobility and i-frames of the sorcs (but better) and the damage+range of a wizard/witch. Honestly i can't really seem to find a window where i can confidently say "ok that's an opening, i can go in" every time i think i've hit her with whatever spell (even a correctly aimed block jump) she disappears in front of me and she keeps i-framing while attacking me at the same time... i even saw her dancing around me in i-frames and attacking and she didn't take a single hit of a full casted katana shower while in the middle of my spell hitbox. 

I mean, short i-frames are ok but wtf dodging an entire spell that has a pretty long duration while in i-frame on top of being able to move around freely and damage your opponent? Not even a sorc can do something like that... (sorry end of the rant).

That being said is there anything i should know that could help when i fight her? That thing that makes you say "oh she used/wasted that spell! Now it's my time to shine."?

As a Zerker, I stay on them constantly, I do not give them any breathing room. If they run away, you do the same and heal up, make them come to you "As a Zerker", usually, if I lay hands on them, they are done. One thing I did notice though that bothers me about DKs and makes them OP as hell, outside of my grabs none of my CC abilities work on them when they are using their iframes. It's ridiculous how mobile, they are being just as bursty as Wizards and Witches "Even before their awakening, they were bursty as hell".

There are certain classes that was made to kill DKs and I can list them here, Zerker, Ninja (Good ones, a lot of shitter Ninja out there), Kunoichi, and Warrior, soon to be if the rumors will be true about their awakening "Strikers".

Wizards will have a hard time with DKs unless you can out dps them which now, is rare as they scale just as well as Wiz and witch with AP.

Posted

Log jumps and grabs. 

Posted

You dont need to launch a full combo unless their cc'd. Do you play ninja like alot do. You know the spam frontal block and silent charge thing? If so thats too slow to catch any1 decent at pvp. Dk have lengthy cooldowns if you keep rushing they theyll eventually get caught y prob need to work on your timing and movement skills. Because if a dk isnt trying to get away from me they cant outrun me if their trying to kite me its very easy to get into their range. If your on NA maybe you can find get me a dk and I can show you how I play or you can pvp me as well so I can get a grasp of your playstyle to help find ya problem because every ninja plays differently :D

Unfortunately i'm from EU :( . Btw with spam frontal block do you mean the transitioning stance spam or the consecutive use of skills that have frontal block? Because when i'm against DK what i usually do is try to block jump on them whenever i see that i am in range and they are targetable and then full combo. Thing is that whenever i block jump on them correctly (meaning that the reticle is red and i get correctly teleported being them) they instantly disappear without giving me time to grab or even spin... I think that it's probably due to desync or my ping not being enough low (50 usually).

Posted (edited)

Shattering Darkness, Spirit Legacy, Bombardment, and Trap of Vedir are all frontal guards. Force them to use them, then log jump them and follow up with serpent/grab. Proceed to wreck them. Keep your guard up and try to stay as mobile as you can. Other than that, there's not much else you can do against them.

Edited by Xenon
1 person likes this

Posted

standard transition style with murderous opener is bad against DK's.

Sexgawds style would work much better if you can duplicate it. I can't. Chains are too strong

I usually chill and take it slow and I manage to catch them. 

I watching mayzap fight in RBF and he was blockjumping immediately after katana shower almost everytime he did it and it worked really well. I'd bait the DK and and try that if you aren't a twitch ninja. 

Posted

Sexgawds style would work much better if you can duplicate it. I can't. Chains are too strong

I watching mayzap fight in RBF and he was blockjumping immediately after katana shower almost everytime he did it and it worked really well. I'd bait the DK and and try that if you aren't a twitch ninja. 

thats good too. Or you can have max rank boss slaughter w+BS into grapple its range and speed is crazy its like block jump with no set up time except bo iframe so time it wisely

I usually just rush them with speed though. I just assume Im better than them in timing and movement. because ninja and I dont have super armor and iframes as a crutch for skill so I usually just play my class better than them. 

Posted

how big is the difference between rank 2 and max slaughter? I've been saving the SP's to get the last rank of slaughter

Posted (edited)

how big is the difference between rank 2 and max slaughter? I've been saving the SP's to get the last rank of slaughter

its a bit farther than block jump I think hard to gauge it but its pretty far great for uppercutting rangers.  I use it on wiz wars every1 into a grapple or into an attack wish could auto swap into it from awakening. And its way faster than block jump sure its the fastest gap closer in game. If it was an iframe or SA...........OP

aim has to be very precise tho hitbox is pretty small. Ninja gets no help from game mechanics cept evasion :c

Edited by SexGawdTy

Posted

Yeah i noticed almost immediately that transition murderous engage is bad against them... 

Gonna try the katana shower bait and see what happens next time xD

its a bit farther than block jump I think hard to gauge it but its pretty far great for uppercutting rangers.  I use it on wiz wars every1 into a grapple or into an attack wish could auto swap into it from awakening. And its way faster than block jump sure its the fastest gap closer in game. If it was an iframe or SA...........OP

aim has to be very precise tho hitbox is pretty small. Ninja gets no help from game mechanics cept evasion :c

Never took seriously Boss slaughter tbh, mostly because it seems slower than block jump, I'm going to giveit  a try anyways :) 

Posted (edited)

pm me on daynim/daybreak whenever today, lets see where i need more work on

Edited by Eternis

Posted (edited)

Yeah i noticed almost immediately that transition murderous engage is bad against them... 

Gonna try the katana shower bait and see what happens next time xD

Never took seriously Boss slaughter tbh, mostly because it seems slower than block jump, I'm going to giveit  a try anyways :) 

u need tto rank itit for it to be fast and useuse the uppercut float variant of the skill not the down smash.

ooooooo ssweet I will. Did you have a video up here b4 but changed it to private? If so def wanna pvp ya. So far Ive only pvped xen lethal and mtl and all 3 defiantly know the class lol

Ete's def better than me....for now >:( but I shall have my rematch once I reach lvl 60 and get some ap lol till then stay stealthy my friend

Edited by SexGawdTy

Posted

The range is good, but it isn't nuts. You still need to be in within crosshair targetting range, or slightly within it, for it to work at max rank. The CD reduction is the big thing.

Posted

I was a ninja and now I'm a dk and I love rotating block stun or any of the dk stunn/stiff, like 8 stuns different stuns in primary and awakening combo, then nuking people.