• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Interest in an unofficial artwork contest?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Are there many artists here interested in an artwork contest? I was considering to hold one with these rules:

• Design and draw original swimwear which fits the world of Black Desert. I'll link a couple of characters, and you choose one of them to use as model for the artwork.
  • I'm considering the prizes to be this: 1st place gets 2500 pearls, 2nd place gets 1500 pearls, and 3rd place gets 1000 pearls. Rather than getting pearls directly, winners choose items they want from the cash shop which is equal to the amount of pearls they won.
  • There will be 2 sets of rewards for the contest: best female swimwear and best male swimwear. So that means two sets of top 3 prizes.
  • People can submit as much artwork as they want, and they can submit both male and female swimwear and be eligible to win both categories. If a single artwork piece contains both male and female swimwear, that piece of artwork is eligible to win in both categories.
  • I'm not sure how long the contest should last, but I'm thinking 2 weeks. I've held contests in the past and I've learned that a long deadline doesn't help much. Many artists tend to wait until the last day to finish and submit their artwork.
  • The submissions will be primarily judged on the artwork itself. Designing unique, cool looking swimwear is important, but the goal is to get fun artwork. So basically, cool looking swimwear + fun or sexy artwork is the way to go.
  • After the contest, I'll do my best to spam every single Kakao and Pearl Abyss email address I can find with links to the contest, so they'll get to see the fancy artwork, and maybe be inspired to make swimwear costumes for the game.

So, any artists here who would like to participate in this kind of contest?

2 people like this

Posted

that's a pretty cool fan contest actually. I want to participate but I'm too busy lately :'(

Posted

Sure :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0