• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO on Steam. Let us link our accounts, you owe us that.

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all o7,

So BDO is coming to steam. 

When I first heard this news I was pleased, I havent played that game in well over a few months and the convenience of having the game Steam was about to persuade me to come back.

Then I see this.

Can I move my game account from Black Desert Online to Steam?

• No. All Steam players will need to create a new Black Desert Online account. Pre-existing accounts will not be able to migrate or sync their accounts with a Steam account.

I, and pretty much all of the player base want to know why. What technical limitations are possibly keeping you from doing this. All you need to do is either issue out some keys for steam that give us a copy on there, or issue out CONVERSION keys that nullify our original copy and transfer it to steam.

The benefits of having the game on steam far outweigh the negatives, and I can assure you that it will bring back old players who have left.

1.  Automatic updating of the game client
  2. Brings old players back
  3. Free publicity for the game (shows everyone you have on steam that you are playing it)
  4. A boost in reputation for Daum/Kakao (You do this, and it will help highlight to your fan base that you care. Something that people complain you dont do ALL the time).
  5. Allows veterans of the game who still play to write steam reviews/guides! (This can really boost the steam review rating and help new players get to grips with the game).

I understand that this may cost a little time and money, but at the end of the day its the players that make this game. We all know this is being done because of the falling in game numbers and falling income. If you take the time to put a bit more in for the fans you are going to get more out of it.

9 people like this

Posted

As long as its optional.

Posted

As long as its optional.

Optional of course, but having it there would make alot of people happy.

Posted

From reading your points, I do believe you make a couple of good ones.

Before I delve into them, I'd like to say I preordered the game on the highest tier, and stopped playing a fairly long time ago due to lack of easy access.
Something I strongly dislike is external clients and not being aware of when updates are. I presume that a steam version would remove this and install with the built in steam features.
The main reason I stopped playing BDO was due to lack of easy access, I would either open the client to have a long update await me, or when searching for a game to play, I would only browse my steam list. A steam version, would completely negate this. Personally, I don't see why we would need to re-purchase the game on steam if we wanted to play it through steam.

Many other games that were released externally and then rereleased on steam - Read, Factorio and Game Dev Tycoon, both had methods that allowed players to migrate their purchases over to the steam version. I'm actually very dissapointed in the developers, to force players to repurchase a game just to make it more accessible? Sounds like a money grab to me.

--- MaDD

3 people like this

Posted

The benefits of having the game on steam far outweigh the negatives, and I can assure you that it will bring back old players who have left.

3. Free publicity for the game (shows everyone you have on steam that you are playing it)
  4. A boost in reputation for Daum/Kakao (You do this, and it will help highlight to your fan base that you care. Something that people complain you dont do ALL the time).
  5. Allows veterans of the game who still play to write steam reviews/guides! (This can really boost the steam review rating and help new players get to grips with the game).

1. Can't see this as a pro.  

2. Nonsense. Game won't change. If you hate it, you'll still hate it.

3. You can play BDO on Steam right now, adding it as a non-Steam game and the " xxx is currently playing" will show BDO to your friends (if they have the notification enabled). You can even post BDO screenshots in your activity feed.

4. Won't even comment on this one.

5. The only good and valid point out of the 5. But wait, are you sure the legion of raging kids constantly harassing Kakao Europe here on this very forum...won't be pushing the negative reviews ? 

Posted

every account that moves to steam is money lost, insted of getting 100% of the money a current player spents on the game, they now have to share with Valve.

This is the simple reason to do it like this, so only new steam accounts' money has to be share with Valve, probly also why those accounts cant buy perls on other places then Steam, Valve wants to make sure the new accounts they bring, they also profit of.

Posted (edited)

I understand that this may cost a little time and money, but at the end of the day its the players that make this game. We all know this is being done because of the falling in game numbers and falling income. If you take the time to put a bit more in for the fans you are going to get more out of it.

Personally I agree that the positive side-effects would be pretty nice to have. But you need to understand the following:

Steam takes 30% fees for any micro-transaction. And they would have to let their cash shop run over steam, in the steam version.

Surely they will make enough money off new players, since they wouldn´t get them. But they would love money for every switching over to steam.

Edited by Ethyron

Posted

Well, this way we can't rate the game (desync, hotfixes for only pearl shops items, long known unfixed class bugs) 

Posted

Kakao doesn't care about their playerbase though, that's the reason we get into these messes so often in the first place. 

Posted

Why can't you add the game to Steam?

Doesn't make sense for kakao to lose 30% of all income for all accounts. Personally I prefer 100% of my money go to the developer, instead of 30% going to a middleman who makes some clunky software whose features i don't need or use.

Any payments for Pearls that i make go through Paypal, so I don't see any real benefit to having Steam as the financial go-between instead of Paypal.

1 person likes this

Posted

No thanks

Posted (edited)

I don't think kakao should suck everyones ----- and do everything for them all the time. Everyone here complains about shit enough already.

I don't know of any other b2p MMO's that gave people a free steam key just to play it on there. Sounds pretty entitled tbqh.

Edited by Yuha

Posted

I'm missing something here - why is it so important to have BDO on steam if you already have it elsewhere?

Posted

This is how literally any mmo is transferred to steam? It would be overly complex to transfer the account to a steam one when you can literally just open the game out of steam. Also you can't run multiple games on the steam client, it would make afk lifeskilling inconvenient. 

Posted

I don't know of any other b2p MMO's that gave people a free steam key just to play it on there. Sounds pretty entitled tbqh.

Can't think of any either; personally I would like a compromise as shown by Elder Scrolls Online's approach to this: buy on Steam, don't make a new account and link your old one instead.

There's that '30% of all future purchases to Steam/Valve' issue though, it's imo unlikely we see Kakao Games Europe B.V. agreeing to miss out on it in favor of the benefits linked accounts on Steam might offer. :S

1 person likes this

Posted

What´s the point of using BDO with Stream?

Posted

Can't think of any either; personally I would like a compromise as shown by Elder Scrolls Online's approach to this: buy on Steam, don't make a new account and link your old one instead.

There's that '30% of all future purchases to Steam/Valve' issue though, it's imo unlikely we see Kakao Games Europe B.V. agreeing to miss out on it in favor of the benefits linked accounts on Steam might offer. :S

I'd be happy if I could rebuy it on steam and then just log into the steam launcher with my old account. I'm not sure if steam would allow that but I did thats what I did with FFXIV.

Posted

Why can't you add the game to Steam?

Doesn't make sense for kakao to lose 30% of all income for all accounts. Personally I prefer 100% of my money go to the developer, instead of 30% going to a middleman who makes some clunky software whose features i don't need or use.

Any payments for Pearls that i make go through Paypal, so I don't see any real benefit to having Steam as the financial go-between instead of Paypal.

Developer? xD

These "devs" should pay us for actually playing this trash