• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Durability loss wizard vs ninja comparison

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi

A few weeks ago I geared my wiz to check the difference between him and my ninja.

I didnt liked wiz playstyle so I sold his 3 weapons a few days later BUT one thing hit me seriously.

THE DIFFERENCE IN WEAPON DURABILITY CONSUMPTION IS HUDGE

And I think its really unfair that the most efficient class in game (wizard) has such HUDGE adventage when compared to Ninja.

Here are the numbers and how I tested those differences (see screens attached below)

Test number 1:

Wiz was 56 lvl, ninja was 59lvl, both were fully repaired before start. I farmed basilisks (same spot and rotation) until UI showed item breakdown. The dmg done over time was similar due to numer of crap item dropped by basilisks (around 2800 - ). It took about 70 minutes to reach such level.

1)      Ninja: 189/191/283 (before TRI kutum lost 100% dura)

- dandelion katana lost 84% dura, kutum lost 100% dura                                                                              

-  both dandelion sura katana and kutum offhand  are BRANDED

- not branded weapons would loose 168% (dandelion) and 200% (kutum)

2)      Wizard: 167/204/204

- dandelion godr sphera lost 62% dura, nouver lost 53% dura

- both dandelion godr sphera and nouver offhand are NOT BRANDED

My thoughts: it looks like current durabilitu loss system greatly favours classes with strong skills with long casting time, and hurts those that have to spam many skills to keep up with good dmg output.

Durability should be consumed not per skill casted but per X amount of dmg dealt.

IN CONCLUSION: the durability loss of ninja weapons while grinding is almost 3 TIMES faster than wizard’s. This seriously cripples the silver earning efficiency of Ninja players. Current durability loss/dmg dealt ratio among different classes is really bad and unbalanced.

ninja durability loss.jpg

wizard durability loss.jpg

Test number 2:

Wizard and Ninja were both 59lvl. awk and offhands were branded. Wiz stats: 215/217/263, ninja stats: 200/214/283. We both farmed (separately, solo) untill first of my (ninja) weapon lost 100% dura. Ninja got 2731 sulfur piece so  Wizard farmed untill he reached 2700 sulfur too. THe amount of sulfur provides equalizadion in our total dmg (i know its not the best statement but at least vaulable)

Durability lost on branded weapons:

1) Ninja:  100% dura lost on dandelion and 94% dura lost on kutum

2) Wizard: 39% durability lost on dandelion and 23% lost on nouver

Conclusiion : ninja awk weapon looses its dura about 2,5x times faster than wizards, ninja kutum offhand looses its durability over 4x times faster than wizards nouver

Ninja - dandelion.jpg

Ninja - kutum.jpg

Wizard - dandelion.jpg

Wizard - nouver.jpg

I kindly ask for assistance in this matter @CM_Aethon  , @GM_Gemu , ANYONE???

Edited by Kripion
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey did you use murdeous intent ? I know they was a durability bug with this spell ( maybe fix but i still lock this spell when i grind ^^ )

Posted

Witches also have increased durability, I mean they last longer grinding than some of the other classes. I personally break my off-hand too easily too, way faster than them, I think only mages have this advantage but I'd need someone else to confirm. I have branded all my weapons as well and compared it with some guildies, I must repair waay before them, I think this also has to do with them missing less hits (high multipliers and acc modifiers) and dealing more damage therefore killing mobs with less attacks/combos.

Posted

Hey did you use murdeous intent ? I know they was a durability bug with this spell ( maybe fix but i still lock this spell when i grind ^^ )

i know. It isnt fixed.

Witches also have increased durability, I mean they last longer grinding than some of the other classes. I personally break my off-hand too easily too, way faster than them, I think only mages have this advantage but I'd need someone else to confirm. I have branded all my weapons as well and compared it with some guildies, I must repair waay before them, I think this also has to do with them missing less hits (high multipliers and acc modifiers) and dealing more damage therefore killing mobs with less attacks/combos.

recently i started compareing also my current ninja with guildmate (wiz). He lost 70 durability in 3hours of grinding, i lost SAME amount in 40 min...

Posted

Ranger have problem too with dura on weapon.

Posted

Thanks for posting this. When talking about class balance, it's important to bring up PvE (not just PvP). This topic is a big deal and I hope it gets some attention.

Posted

I have updated topic with second test... the oucome is similar ...

I wish any gm/cm could look at this ....