• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

NEW PC ?? Any tips for a build?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

It's time to buy a new pc. Ryzen is out for public. And I'm really in need for a new one to run bdo smoothly.

Do you guys have any recommendations or tips for a build of 1000-1200Eur?

It should be focused on bdo / bdo pvp (and other rpg's), a bit of cs and streaming from time to time. I heard a nice cpu is more important than the gpu.

I was thinking of:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Boxed Wraith Spire koeler  
 Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3  
 Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15  
 Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB  
 Crucial MX300 2,5" 525GB SSD  

Corsair RM550x

Which sits around 1100 EUR.

What about the Intel Core I5-7400? Or I could switch the rx580 for the GTX1070.

Posted

now sure why you would drop 1100 eur on a mid tier computer but GL

Posted

I hear a lot of great things about alienware in channel chat. But I think you've got a solid build going. Are you going to water cool?

Posted (edited)

I'd go

7700K with a Corsair Hydro water cooling kit
any Asus Z270 board with full m.2
32GB Corsair or any decent RAM brand
Asus 1070, or 1080 TI if you can afford it (normal 1080 doesn't seem worth it with Ti out)
Samsung SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 (512/1/2)
Any modular Corsair RMi PSU, maybe the 750

Edited by Shiraishin

Posted

I wouldn't build a pc around bdo since even on high end rigs you still get rubber banding and lag, its the game not the machine

Posted (edited)

Looks good to me! i5s are useless pieces of shit now (I have an i5-6400), so your build is on point in my opinion!

EDIT: GTX 1070 would be faster than the RX 580, so if you can afford that jump it's a nobrainer to me. Well, unless you already have a FreeSync monitor or plan to buy one, then i would wait for AMD Vega which should come out in may

Edited by PsiGhost

Posted

Looks good to me! i5s are useless pieces of shit now (I have an i5-6400), so your build is on point in my opinion!

Yeah but the i5 6600k or 7600k are solid for sure tho

Posted

AMD tech is the future , they are improving them so much each new drivers patch , they outclass intell/nvidia product.
look at how a old hd7850 perform with it launch drivers vs today's 
and do the same with an old nvidia card like a 660gt.

Posted (edited)

Yeah but the i5 6600k or 7600k are solid for sure tho

No, even if you dont plan on doing heavy stuff like content creation or streaming in good quality the i5s are bad value compared to the R5 1600. And OP said he wants to do streaming, so that's pretty self-explanatory. Also the AM4 platform is planned to last atleast 4 years, so he could upgrade his cpu easily in the future, while with an i5 he would be stuck with it or has to buy an used i7.

Look, i worked on a 34 min film for school last week:

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.4c24ab9106af3d95d37d

and it was a -----ing pain in the ass, because my i5-6400 could only do full res playback (EDIT: 4k25fps footage) for like 4 secs before it crapped itself. Now add basic stuff like color grading, warp-stabilizer and denoiser and you gonna spend the whole time waiting for stuff to finish instead of editing. What i'm trying to say is that i5s have bad value, because as soon as they get properly utilized, they run out steam. Same with open world games and also bdo when going into cities or doing bossfights with effects on

Edited by PsiGhost
1 person likes this

Posted

AMD tech is the future , they are improving them so much each new drivers patch , they outclass intell/nvidia product.
look at how a old hd7850 perform with it launch drivers vs today's 
and do the same with an old nvidia card like a 660gt.

I've seen/follow a lot of your posts in regards to tech stuff..I do not stay "up to date" on stuff really..Does this include GPU's as well as CPU's? Quite curious sir!

Posted

Please, from an Ati user: do not buy the RX580. Wait for the new Vega tech. 

Posted (edited)

Please, from an Ati user: do not buy the RX580. Wait for the new Vega tech. 

^ at least to see what they offer , RX580s are rx480S refresh with much higher clock ( 2x6pins power ). they're still best for the money tho.
sub 1070 perfomance ( for now ) I see RX580s in coming months performing better than them as new drivers gets out.

I've seen/follow a lot of your posts in regards to tech stuff..I do not stay "up to date" on stuff really..Does this include GPU's as well as CPU's? Quite curious sir!

Ryzen's Tech is new , we can't know how well it'll evolve in the future, benchmarks are very promising and prices are VERY competitive. software's will have to adapt/vice versa to ryzen's algorithm to get maximum perfomances ( multi-cores )
Intell's tech are stalling we basicly get 5 to 10 % top performance from each new '' generation '' , with the best itération being insanely overpriced ( 6950x someone ? )

Edited by Sizer

Posted

Anything that you buy for BDO needs to be ready to crunch the unoptimized mess that it is.

You'll need the fastest CPU you can get your hands on

20+ Gigs of the best RAM

And a developer-grade GPU which is currently the Titan XP

All this so you can run it at a smooth framerate. 

lol

Just quit and pick up a game that isn't so needy.

Posted

Legit the only thing I would highly recomend is some kind of liquid cooling.  I got one of thesesuckers a few years back, I'm sure there is better stuffout there, but it keeps my rig from getting too hotsince its on 24/7 basically.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

Again, I'm sure there is better stuff out there now, but it works for me xD 

Posted (edited)

The game is CPU intensive, My i5 7500  uses 60-70% utilization so unless you don't multi-task like using other heavy program get a better CPU probably i7 (I dont have this issue on my older cpu -  i7 6700k)

As for RAM   8GB   is more than enough but you may upgrade this later (if your on tight budget - 16gb is standard for gaming this days) and GPU GTX 1060 6GB if you're running 1080p (1900x resolution)

For small-form factor I've bought a Node 202 casing but I wont recommend it if you're not picky with size get a bigger casing (its heat 20-30% higher  coz of ventilation).

My old rig was using Corsair H100i (liquid cooling) coz I prefered quite rig but the latest  rig was using CRYORIG coz it wont fit on my casing (surprisingly fan is quite and good) + cheaper too

Edited by Rvyne

Posted

Legit the only thing I would highly recomend is some kind of liquid cooling.  I got one of thesesuckers a few years back, I'm sure there is better stuffout there, but it keeps my rig from getting too hotsince its on 24/7 basically.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

Again, I'm sure there is better stuff out there now, but it works for me xD 

Looks like this one:

http://www.bequiet.com/de/watercooler/732

Nice. B|

Posted

^ at least to see what they offer , RX580s are rx480S refresh with much higher clock ( 2x6pins power ). they're still best for the money tho.sub 1070 perfomance ( for now ) I see RX580s in coming months performing better than them as new drivers gets out.

A RX580 is a nice choice if you're building your first pc. If you need an upgrade, I wouldn't go for a GPU that's a (small) improvement over the 480 and being so close to the Vega release. But we don't know where OP is coming from in terms of specs. 

I own a R9 390 Nitro 8 gb, performing great but with a very old drivers release (16.11.5). Vega will be my next choice.  

Posted (edited)

I own a R9 390 Nitro 8 gb, performing great but with a very old drivers release (16.11.5). Vega will be my next choice.  

You don't get errors in BDO ("device is not ready" that kind of stuff) with this driver ?

Tried to go back to pre Relive drivers for my Fury Nitro with no luck :/

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Ati/Amd drivers always sucked.

Posted

As I suppose you're saying that because of my post and you are wrong, I'll explain :

It's bdo that changed somehow. That version of the driver was working fine before, and it isn't now. I'm trying to go back to old drivers for testing purpose, recent drivers are fine too.

I switched back to AMD 2 years ago and drivers have been fine all that time (some bugs happens but nothing that don't happen with NVidia either).

Posted

If I could do mine over again, I would make a few changes. Not that I'm complaining, but I could have saved some $$.

I would have went with the 7700k over the 6850k I have, though mine has been really great thus far.

Would have kept the ram (64 GB DDR4 3200 MHz, overkill imho)

Would have opted for 1 GPU instead of SLI (currently 2x GTX 1080 Gaming X) I "like" having 2, but it's not needed at all. The secondary card is at most 25-30% utilized. I've debated selling mine and going for a 1080 TI instead, but eh.

With this setup, I'm getting 60+ FPS in towns, and 120+ out in the wild. 95ish while dbl sprinting on a T8. This is in 1440p, with everything on High/Very HIgh except distant effects turned on pretty much. I keep it this way for everything, including NW/Sieges.

Posted

amd drivers sometimes do have some issues , they get resolved pretty darn fast ,

contrary to Nvidia, old AMD cards improve over time with new drivers,

Nvidia have a tendency to gimp their old cards with new drivers so you buy new ones , kind of like Iphone's IO patches that slow's the hell of your old Iphone3 untill your trow it at a wall.

at launch 290/390 were slower than 970 , test both now with latest drivers , 290/390 eat fcking 970 by 15/20%.

Posted

You don't get errors in BDO ("device is not ready" that kind of stuff) with this driver ?

Tried to go back to pre Relive drivers for my Fury Nitro with no luck :/

Never had a single issue drivers-wise. Re-Live drivers are bugged as hell for my R9 390 card (WattMan not applying your tweakings/oc), besides, the ONLY feature I'm interested in (Radeon Chill), doesn't work for 3xx cards or older. 

Posted

Never had a single issue drivers-wise. Re-Live drivers are bugged as hell for my R9 390 card (WattMan not applying your tweakings/oc), besides, the ONLY feature I'm interested in (Radeon Chill), doesn't work for 3xx cards or older. 

Ty for the answer.

Maybe I messed something up, will have to try again.

Posted

Build one and save 50% or pay the same amount and get much higher performance