• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why play BDO when you can play WOW or GW2 ?

146 posts in this topic

Posted

BDO : You need a lot of time + $$$$$.  Gear > Level > ALL > ............................ > Skill

WoW :  Level max in few hours   Gear Equalized in Battlegrounds. No endless grind.   Skill based PVP ( 3v3 and 5v5 arena is PURE skill )

GW2 : No need to grind to access WvW ( Node Wars xD ) . Level AND Gear equalized. PVP = Pure skill, again.

Both games have dungeons , raids and lifeskills :D

So , why play BDO ? :/

1 person likes this

Posted

Learned helplessness?

Posted

By that logic why would anyone play a game with gear progression?

2 people like this

Posted

WoW is on its last legs and I don't like the idea of supporting a company like Blizzard any further than I already have. GW2 is a joke.

8 people like this

Posted

GW2 and WoW have both P2W methods whether its Botting, RMT that you wont see here in BDO.  Also in GW2, they have a gemstore that you can buy extra storage/inventory that can give you some advantage.  Every single MMO I played (FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2) has some form of P2W.  If your really really rich, you can buy gems, turn it to gold and buy legendary weapons which is the highest tier weapons in the game.

GW2's raids are horrendous, WvW is pretty much the same since launch, every single patch they put out just makes the game worse. Living story is a joke.  Class balance/nerfs every quarter.  Not to mention releasing a new class (Revenant) with the expansion then nerfing it to the ground a year later.  GW2's graphics are also terrible, which is extremely noticeable if you have been playing BDO on max settings for months then try to come back to GW2.  BDO's combat is also better and faster than GW2.

The worst is probably the terrible gemstore.  Even if I wanted to sink 200 bucks on their gemstore, there is nothing Good in there for me to buy.  GW2 is pretty much a Free to Play game and without any revenue, its going to die very soon. 

GW2, FFXIV and prob WOW as well were great.. Till BDO came out.  BDO's graphics destroyed all other mmo's for me.  I tried watching FFXIV stormblood benchmark video and it felt like I was watching a ps3 game. BDO's graphics is so good (on a great PC) that it makes PS4 graphics look like the ps3's.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Because wow and gw2 graphics are ancient and trash.

Also bad/nonexistant open world pvp. Deal breaker for me

Edited by Plate-O
6 people like this

Posted

LOL @ WoW's PvP being skill based.  It's just a CC-gangbang like BDO, with the added, "bonus" of pillar-humping.  The templates they use for PvP in Legion are trash and blatantly favor melee DPS.  And if you made the mistake of playing a tank?  Don't even bother queuing up.  

I'll give you GW2 though.  Although I didn't really care for the direction PvP took when HoT was released.  Combat didn't have any back-and-forth anymore, it was just people instantly blowing each other up.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Combat. Log into GW2 and attack a monster. The combat alone is laughable (as is the Global Cooldown in FFXIV) I could go make a sandwich, grab a soda from the fridge, then come back and mash a button in those games and still win. BDO ruined the older MMOs. In time, something better may come along (hopefully with western developers) but until then, the graphics, map and combat in this game ruined all those other MMOs.

4 people like this

Posted

The only thing I really like about Gw2 is its pvp, its pretty great.

WoW has a sub and Im not really a fan of rock paper scissors. I tried playing it for a bit but couldn't get into it.

There are plentyyyyy of things I hate about BDO but tbh I like slow progression. I just wish there was more room for skill and better balance (also a decent market).

Posted

BDO : You need a lot of time + $$$$$.  Gear > Level > ALL > ............................ > Skill

WoW :  Level max in few hours   Gear Equalized in Battlegrounds. No endless grind.   Skill based PVP ( 3v3 and 5v5 arena is PURE skill )

GW2 : No need to grind to access WvW ( Node Wars xD ) . Level AND Gear equalized. PVP = Pure skill, again.

With these arguments and if I'm only interested in pvp, why play a MMO ?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

WoW : Skill based PVP ( 3v3 and 5v5 arena is PURE skill

Skill based? Really? In what? picking one of the four classes that runs over the rest?

54a5cd9931ae7d7d81e11e0ba0c5ca04.png
0c9a04c51d4f8336195523e15279abe2.png

Edited by Esset

Posted (edited)

You should have added the fact that this game has very SHITTY server stability. When June hits and all of the NUBS from high school and middle school start logging in, the hamster that they have running the server's processing speed will become bogged down and tired, causing massive lag and disconnects. WOW, has better servers and to be honest, it's a dated game, graphics from 2004-2006 versus this = no contest. WOW had its' 5 minutes of fame.

Edited by Averdun

Posted

what is wow :/

Posted

GW2 and WoW have both P2W methods whether its Botting, RMT that you wont see here in BDO.  Also in GW2, they have a gemstore that you can buy extra storage/inventory that can give you some advantage.  Every single MMO I played (FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2) has some form of P2W.  If your really really rich, you can buy gems, turn it to gold and buy legendary weapons which is the highest tier weapons in the game.

GW2's raids are horrendous, WvW is pretty much the same since launch, every single patch they put out just makes the game worse. Living story is a joke.  Class balance/nerfs every quarter.  Not to mention releasing a new class (Revenant) with the expansion then nerfing it to the ground a year later.  GW2's graphics are also terrible, which is extremely noticeable if you have been playing BDO on max settings for months then try to come back to GW2.  BDO's combat is also better and faster than GW2.

The worst is probably the terrible gemstore.  Even if I wanted to sink 200 bucks on their gemstore, there is nothing Good in there for me to buy.  GW2 is pretty much a Free to Play game and without any revenue, its going to die very soon. 

GW2, FFXIV and prob WOW as well were great.. Till BDO came out.  BDO's graphics destroyed all other mmo's for me.  I tried watching FFXIV stormblood benchmark video and it felt like I was watching a ps3 game. BDO's graphics is so good (on a great PC) that it makes PS4 graphics look like the ps3's.

Love the graphics here, but , bots on WOW and GW2 only, WAKE-UP !!! its full of bot here and they dont do a dam thing, why, the kill the market with auction sniper, that way we end up spending real money on costume, value pack and other rare items

Posted

WoW :  Skill based PVP ( 3v3 and 5v5 arena is PURE skill )

fisherman fishing

you wouldn't know skill if it came up and bit you in the stockings

with high heels

and a miniskirt

1 person likes this

Posted

The only thing that can beat BDO is BDO 2, Guild Wars 3, The next Final Fantasy Online MMO or World War 3.

Posted

because bdo is play2fap

Posted

Why would I play WoW when I could play BDO? Played WoW for ten years, saw it slowly decay over time. I'm over it and happy to have something new that doesn't hold your hand every step of the way. BDO has issues, no doubt about that, but the flaws baked into Blizzard's philosophy far outweigh them.

Posted

Because wow and gw2 graphics are ancient and trash.

Also bad/nonexistant open world pvp. Deal breaker for me

The ancient "trash" runs at 5x average framerate with 50+ people on screen and loads in ALL players rather than a few at a time

1 person likes this

Posted

The typical tigger thread for "skilled" people?

what was the point of a mmorpg again?

1 person likes this

Posted

The open world pvp is 100x better in bod vs either of those.

Posted

Think the better question would be "Why not play FFXIV:ARR",
Think about it, FFXIV is legit the SLOW version of BDO( w/o the OW pvp ofc ) lol...Best mmo on the market currently, aside from bdo, imo. :D

Posted

Think the better question would be "Why not play FFXIV:ARR",
Think about it, FFXIV is legit the SLOW version of BDO( w/o the OW pvp ofc ) lol...Best mmo on the market currently, aside from bdo, imo. :D

It's too slow. FFXIV has a much MUCH better story and has better group content. That is about it. That global CD is horrid, I have more fun on some modern phone app games...lol

1 person likes this

Posted

And yet, here you are.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0