• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why play BDO when you can play WOW or GW2 ?

146 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Typical shit replies to GW2 superiority over BDO. 

Hell, I'm pretty sure the graphics is the only reason people still play/worship/thinkitsthebestthingonearth BDO, because it sure isn't balance, it isn't a semblance of a netcode worth a damn and it sure isn't because it does so well as an mmo (GW2 has more mmo in a single area than the entirety of single player desu BDO) 

And don't tell me it is because of the other stuff like lifeskills. Most other things can be done while playing other games (if it plays like a mobile game, sounds like a mobile game.... kashkao?)

Edited by Keollyn

Posted

The latest content on WoW is repetitive grinding. You will do the same thing for months and months until the new content which comes out yearly. 

Tell me since when BDO have a good endgame other than what? grinding?

You won everything.

Posted

WoW is the WoW killer. Its so BALANCE MONGERED, why bother. Everything from the smallest pve detail to the most DULL pvp moment, to the hardest raid is OVER CALCULATED, to ensure you endure WoW's content, TO DEATH. How many times have you STARED at a raid boss, or IoC Gate, or your Armory, for such cumulated period of time that it adds up to WEEKS.

With BDO, practically every week, something new gets added. EVERY WEEK.

TLDR, WoW is so BALANCE MONGERED, to force players to ENDURE their oh so precious content, that you rapidly end up doing the same thing, OVER and OVER again, till you realize, its DULL, BORING, and you really don't have anything to do. In BDO, there's too MUCH to do.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BDO : You need a lot of time + $$$$$.  Gear > Level > ALL > ............................ > Skill

WoW :  Level max in few hours   Gear Equalized in Battlegrounds. No endless grind.   Skill based PVP ( 3v3 and 5v5 arena is PURE skill )

GW2 : No need to grind to access WvW ( Node Wars xD ) . Level AND Gear equalized. PVP = Pure skill, again.

Both games have dungeons , raids and lifeskills :D

So , why play BDO ? :/

1st thing 1st Level > Gear just for the damages modifier.

Wow: who could play an old tab targeting mmo after trying BDO?

GW2: damn i loved it, 5v5 arenas with objectives, no gear/lvl requirement. Can pvp from lvl 2 w/o ever doin -----ing shit pve, I mean seriously, I played the game for two years and Ive never had a character over lvl 2 yet I was top 100 EU. Multiple ways to play each class... but again, too old combat system/graphics .Was a great transition between wow and BDO.

FFXIV: that game is sooooo slooooow! the pvp is really lame.

BDO: Highest skill cap mmo (even tho its pretty unbalanced atm, each class can still outplay the others), best graphics. got tons of downside I admit it (too grindy, sometimes the gear gap is too big to be compensated by skill, BIG lack of PvP content (damn i wish we could have some sort of huttball from SWTOR , that'd be such a -----in blast!!!!). but tbh there is no one that can compete at the moment (maybe crowfall/ashes of creation one day).

Edited by Wolff

Posted

Urgh,

Was the Skill Ceiling in Tera so high, that caused all this peoples traumatic nightmares to the point you created your own illusion that the game doesn't exist ?

Seriously, Out of so many strong contenders to Black Desert, the best you have brought to the table was a 10+ y/o tab targeting game, and another with terrible combat ..

Let's ignore the first True Action game that game way back in 2012, 

Remained in Top 5 Most profitable MMORPG in the World from 2012, up to 2015.

The most Skill Based Combat controlling both PvE/PvP.

The most Fair business Model i have ever seen in 12+ years of playing MMO - Speaking of Na version.

Posted

-If you think GW2's graphics are bad.. remember it's from 2012.

Bdo s 2012 too

Posted

Bdo s 2012 too

No... no it's not. Development probably STARTED in 2012.

By that metric, GW2's graphics are 2008-09 then.

Posted

No... no it's not. Development probably STARTED in 2012.

By that metric, GW2's graphics are 2008-09 then.

No, development started 2010 . 

Posted (edited)

No, development started 2010 . 

Ok, fine, mister pedantic.

BDO started development in 2010. Released 2015.

GW2 started in 2007. Released 2012.

My point still stands that the graphics of GW2 aren't that bad, and considering the clarity in the combat and the fact that you CAN have hundreds of people on screen doing things with minimal FPS loss is a very good sign it's very optimized, which BDO is, let's face it, quite poor.

Edited by Leuphe

Posted

GW2 and WoW have both P2W methods whether its Botting, RMT that you wont see here in BDO.  Also in GW2, they have a gemstore that you can buy extra storage/inventory that can give you some advantage.  Every single MMO I played (FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2) has some form of P2W.  If your really really rich, you can buy gems, turn it to gold and buy legendary weapons which is the highest tier weapons in the game.

You sir ... obviously have no f-ing clue on what you are talking about. This game is P2W paradise compared to those two or pretty much anything I have seen so far.

Being ignoratn littel creature let me give you a minute ok?

In here, if you are rich you can buy stuff from pearl shop to boost your silver (and no "it's limited per day" kind of BS, because it's still resetting daily)

Also Pearl gifting broke this game to even deeper level of -destination f**cked-

Being unable to trade nearly anything made player NOT to interact with one another since it's not possible BUT you can see a lot of "gifting" and "preorder" rolling around

(To gift someone pearls so he would list up item you won't so you could play lottery with Pre-Order to buy it .... that's jsut next-gen level of retardatuion)

let's not forgot about function items like carry weight, inventory slots, VPs, tears, Memory, costumes that give you extra XPs/ability (such as maid outfit)

.... We can go on but compared to what you stated above, it's like 13351364524313 zillion times worse than in other games you can encounter out there

PS: I have to NOT to forget about RNG lottery on many levels, mainly the gear enchanting which bankrupt many players and made them quit, I lost few ppl in guild also,just like other ppl did.

One bright side is we don't see that many bots in BDO ... however ...

Servers and game itself have serious desync issues, lags, crashing/dc for part of palyerbase, optimization problems, ... and we we have solutions against bots and "abusing game" such as "communistic market AKA Lennin 2.0 and Stalin 1.3.8", let's not forgot about "Welcome to North Korea 1.2" which started with trade restrictions now it even expanded them to more items. .... For example you could have traded meals, well, not anymore. (What is the logic behind that sicne you can't sell the stuff after trade?)

Also being unable to trade gives you a lot of let-downs and makes ppl quit since it renders the game into soloRPG with heavy AFK functions to progress.

And lastly .. guild stuff is about as much entertainment as sandpapper dildo ... you can't do anything here as guild if I discard broken Node wars.

Guild boss? .... rewards are trash yup

Relics/scrolls/bosses? ...becomes more like a chore with not much of a reward compare to time sacrificed

No dungeons, no capability for solid PvP especially since PRI-PEN was introduced, no nothing lol

We could go on and on, but we know it, ppl know this game is broken at many levels now.

PSS: Personally I play it mostly AFKing now while playing some REAL game instead.

Total of some 3,9K hours in game, which like 1,2K-1,5K was active stuff using some game mechanics to entertain myself.

..... And yeah, I've played a lots of MMOs with Aion Online and Guild Wars series beign my favorite ... here it's just broken >.>

Biggest joke is that you can hardly reach L60+ but skills since start stretch up to L80+, some even L90+ I think ... WTF devs? What-the-actual-f**k?!

Posted (edited)

I knew I was not the only person to say graphics are important. I did not build a high-end gaming PC to play any game with graphics that look dated...........

Beside Diablo II LoD... There graphics dont matter...

But i'd still like to see HD remake as they did with AoE2...

Ok, fine, mister pedantic.

BDO started development in 2010. Released 2015.

GW2 started in 2007. Released 2012.

My point still stands that the graphics of GW2 aren't that bad, and considering the clarity in the combat and the fact that you CAN have hundreds of people on screen doing things with minimal FPS loss is a very good sign it's very optimized, which BDO is, let's face it, quite poor.

Black Desert Online (Korean: 검은사막) (Dutch: Zwarte Woestijn Online) is a sandbox-oriented massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Korean video game developer Pearl Abyss.[1][2] The game has been in development since 2010, and entered closed beta testing (CBT) in October 2013.[3][4][5][6] Black Desert Online uses Pearl Abyss' own "Black Desert" engine specifically created to handle the fast rendering required for its seamless world and large-scale castle sieges.[7][8] It was released in Korea in 2014, Japan and Russia in 2015, and North America and Europe in 2016.

Work on Guild Wars 2 began in 2007.[27] It was announced March 27, 2007. ArenaNet conducted small closed alpha and beta tests in 2011.[36] On 23 January 2012 it was announced that Guild Wars 2 will ship this year.

So BDO 2010-2014, GW2 2007-2012... 2 years older, one more year for development and its plain AF compared to BDO...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

Simple........because the combat in those games is boring and shitty

Posted

Nice troll

Posted (edited)

GW2 had a great release and was revolutionnary at start,then Anet stopped any serious update and let it die, and Ncsoft also lost it's ambitions and position in Mmo gaming .GW2 was a wasted opportunity for them to take the lead.

Edited by TucoRamires

Posted

You talk about how bad BDO is (but still playing.......ok?!?) and then you mention Aion?

Aion?really? probably the worst MMO I ever played, you can't even TALK or put stuff in Auction House in Aion without a monthly pack. Progression is boring as -----, wings are pure p2w and the community is one of the snobbiest i ever seen

From what i have seen, in BDO there are only 2 aspects p2w: house rank+ bank investment and horse training. Ohter stuff aren't p2w at all, never needed, 790lt (at lvl 57-58) + a cart are enough to farm for hours and hours

Nice try :)

Posted

You talk about how bad BDO is (but still playing.......ok?!?) and then you mention Aion?

Aion?really? probably the worst MMO I ever played, you can't even TALK or put stuff in Auction House in Aion without a monthly pack. Progression is boring as -----, wings are pure p2w and the community is one of the snobbiest i ever seen

From what i have seen, in BDO there are only 2 aspects p2w: house rank+ bank investment and horse training. Ohter stuff aren't p2w at all, never needed, 790lt (at lvl 57-58) + a cart are enough to farm for hours and hours

Nice try :)

I played Aion since release and it was good while under NCsoft, then f--ked by EU publisher. You obviously have no clue what to compare.

Worst MMO ever? Hardly, 3.0 Assault on Balaurea was incredible and great time where thousands of ppl could come together to launch assault for main open-world bosses which required: Conquering forts on your part of map, go through portal to enemy part of map to conquer their forts, defeat enemy boss in massive organized attack. Also dungeons were great time to spend playing with guild. But 4.0 totally send it to s**t, I do agree on that one.

And reason I play BDO still? ... chatting with ppl in guild is some serious pop-corn stuff sometimes and I like the economy sims I can do there ... but that's as far as it goes >.>

Posted

Dont joke yourself guys, almost noone is playing BDO seriously anymore.... Most of you guys just afk life skills most of time while playing other games or doing other stuff on internet/real life...

How processing afk most of time is considered playing mmo game? Since when mmo become so trash that being afk 24/7 is enjoyable game experience?

Stop lieing to yourself guys... We cant quit, cause we play this game for 1 year already and there are no other mmo on market that could make us hype enough to switch to them. but we not playing this game anymore, we just hold on...

3 people like this

Posted

image.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Simple........because the combat in those games is boring and shitty

I started playing GW2 again this week and I keep thinking the combat really needs an upgrade. I still log into bdo every day to collect my freebies, but so tempted to just leave town and fight some baddies as I love the combat in bdo so much. I miss it.

Posted (edited)

talking about the combat, i like BDO combat very much, especially in small scale, but in large scale gw2 is better, it requires more coordination imo

im playing both of them atm, only log in gw2 when I raid with my guild, otherwise BDO

Edited by davidiven

Posted

talking about the combat, i like BDO combat very much, especially in small scale, but in large scale gw2 is better, it requires more coordination imo

im playing both of them atm, only log in gw2 when I raid with my guild, otherwise BDO

I do not raid in GW2, but I like the WvW. I love when two 'blobs' clash in WvW for control of an area. Everyone shifts into their front/mid/back-line roles and we get that tug of war happening. It's intense.

Posted

I started playing GW2 again this week and I keep thinking the combat really needs an upgrade. I still log into bdo every day to collect my freebies, but so tempted to just leave town and fight some baddies as I love the combat in bdo so much. I miss it.

I still play both off and on since I like them as Themepark games.

Posted (edited)

I do not raid in GW2, but I like the WvW. I love when two 'blobs' clash in WvW for control of an area. Everyone shifts into their front/mid/back-line roles and we get that tug of war happening. It's intense.

i mean raid in wvw not pve raid

btw, can i run gw2 and bdo at the same time? haven't tried it

Edited by davidiven

Posted

The ancient "trash" runs at 5x average framerate with 50+ people on screen and loads in ALL players rather than a few at a time

well if you make this comparison... the play the game pong or stargoose now. They are old DOS games. You would not even able to play them because of the high frame rate. Because the motions in there are calculated to fast.

Posted

ok now lets start off by mentioning the worst mmos to the best well that are still alive

7. Star trek online pure p2w garbage

6. Final fantasy XIV good storyline but has trash graphics that even games like the PS2 Final fantasy 10 looked far better.

5. EVE prettymuch pure p2w,

4. Star Wars the old republic a rather nice all round game.

3. World of Warcraft a oldly but a greaty that anyone can play.

2. Guild wars 2 amazeing pvp.

1. Black Desert Online wins hands down in everything graphics playstyle p2w pvp however suffers from crap optimizeation and shitty servers.

and thats that

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0