• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why play BDO when you can play WOW or GW2 ?

146 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i mean raid in wvw not pve raid

btw, can i run gw2 and bdo at the same time? haven't tried it

Yea i've ran BDO with these games running as well. Just put BDO minimized in your system tray and make sure your comp can handle it.

Games Tested with BDO running: GW2, WoW, GTA Online (FPS drops a lot), Overwatch, Warframe (big fps drops), Blade & Soul.

Sometimes I play these games when I am doing Processing or turning in drops in BDO

Edited by Ravare

Posted

Even thou it's obviously a troll or an attention-wh0ring post ima answer... because stupidity piss' me off.

Question answered itself :

BDO : You need a lot of time

WoW :  Level max in few hours   Gear Equalized

GW2 :  Level AND Gear equalized.

BDO is not for the "now generation".

Most poeple like OP claiming that there are no skill required in BDO always forget that moment where you fight someone/group with equivalent power... what does the difference then ?... Skill...vice...brain... all those thing you don't need in either WoW or GW2.

You can't play 16hour a day or spend 500$/month ? So what ? ... Oh right you won't have the exact same "full gear" character as anybody else instantly ! But Guess what ! Some poeple are fine with the wide diversity in power in BDO.... SOME EVEN ENJOY IT ! SHOCKER !

F u CK tar D  OP. I wish you harm.

1 person likes this

Posted

Beside Diablo II LoD... There graphics dont matter...

But i'd still like to see HD remake as they did with AoE2...

Black Desert Online (Korean: 검은사막) (Dutch: Zwarte Woestijn Online) is a sandbox-oriented massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Korean video game developer Pearl Abyss.[1][2] The game has been in development since 2010, and entered closed beta testing (CBT) in October 2013.[3][4][5][6] Black Desert Online uses Pearl Abyss' own "Black Desert" engine specifically created to handle the fast rendering required for its seamless world and large-scale castle sieges.[7][8] It was released in Korea in 2014, Japan and Russia in 2015, and North America and Europe in 2016.

Work on Guild Wars 2 began in 2007.[27] It was announced March 27, 2007. ArenaNet conducted small closed alpha and beta tests in 2011.[36] On 23 January 2012 it was announced that Guild Wars 2 will ship this year.

So BDO 2010-2014, GW2 2007-2012... 2 years older, one more year for development and its plain AF compared to BDO...

At least GW2 took the time to work on optimization and a stable 60fps :^)

Posted (edited)

if you were an hardcore wow player you would know that you can pay with ingame currency for subscription

I do know that, that's why i'm an ex-hardcore WoW player that quit due to boring content.

100k for 1 month. (current price) 

The game itself is a waste of time because Legion is just as boring as WOD.

Edited by rexipoo

Posted

Rise of Agon > WoW + GW2. Hard to compare full loot pvp to anything.

Posted

You sir ... obviously have no f-ing clue on what you are talking about. This game is P2W paradise compared to those two or pretty much anything I have seen so far.

Being ignoratn littel creature let me give you a minute ok?

In here, if you are rich you can buy stuff from pearl shop to boost your silver (and no "it's limited per day" kind of BS, because it's still resetting daily)

Also Pearl gifting broke this game to even deeper level of -destination f**cked-

Being unable to trade nearly anything made player NOT to interact with one another since it's not possible BUT you can see a lot of "gifting" and "preorder" rolling around

(To gift someone pearls so he would list up item you won't so you could play lottery with Pre-Order to buy it .... that's jsut next-gen level of retardatuion)

let's not forgot about function items like carry weight, inventory slots, VPs, tears, Memory, costumes that give you extra XPs/ability (such as maid outfit)

.... We can go on but compared to what you stated above, it's like 13351364524313 zillion times worse than in other games you can encounter out there

PS: I have to NOT to forget about RNG lottery on many levels, mainly the gear enchanting which bankrupt many players and made them quit, I lost few ppl in guild also,just like other ppl did.

One bright side is we don't see that many bots in BDO ... however ...

Servers and game itself have serious desync issues, lags, crashing/dc for part of palyerbase, optimization problems, ... and we we have solutions against bots and "abusing game" such as "communistic market AKA Lennin 2.0 and Stalin 1.3.8", let's not forgot about "Welcome to North Korea 1.2" which started with trade restrictions now it even expanded them to more items. .... For example you could have traded meals, well, not anymore. (What is the logic behind that sicne you can't sell the stuff after trade?)

Also being unable to trade gives you a lot of let-downs and makes ppl quit since it renders the game into soloRPG with heavy AFK functions to progress.

And lastly .. guild stuff is about as much entertainment as sandpapper dildo ... you can't do anything here as guild if I discard broken Node wars.

Guild boss? .... rewards are trash yup

Relics/scrolls/bosses? ...becomes more like a chore with not much of a reward compare to time sacrificed

No dungeons, no capability for solid PvP especially since PRI-PEN was introduced, no nothing lol

We could go on and on, but we know it, ppl know this game is broken at many levels now.

PSS: Personally I play it mostly AFKing now while playing some REAL game instead.

Total of some 3,9K hours in game, which like 1,2K-1,5K was active stuff using some game mechanics to entertain myself.

..... And yeah, I've played a lots of MMOs with Aion Online and Guild Wars series beign my favorite ... here it's just broken >.>

Biggest joke is that you can hardly reach L60+ but skills since start stretch up to L80+, some even L90+ I think ... WTF devs? What-the-actual-f**k?!

Sounds like you need a little more explanation on how GW2 is P2W.

You can buy unlimited gems from the gemstore.  You can turn those gems to gold ingame in a few seconds.  You can buy Top Tier Gear with said gold in a few seconds.

I can literally buy GW2 right now, spend thousands of dollars on it and i'll be running around with a legendary or two and full exotics ready to get back in there.

Obviously nobody is going to do that now that the game is dead, but when it was released I know a ton of ppl bought gems and converted it to gold so they can get some of the expensive armor in the market in day 2.

To do the same thing in BDO is impossible, sure you can buy 5 costumes and sell them for a max of 24mil x 5.  That's about 85mil after taxes per week.  If there was a way to convert pearls to silver like in GW2 then that would be P2W. 

I'm glad your playing another game,  less F2P cancer playing BDO.  Please let us know what this "Real game" your playing. 

Posted

Sounds like you need a little more explanation on how GW2 is P2W.

You can buy unlimited gems from the gemstore.  You can turn those gems to gold ingame in a few seconds.  You can buy Top Tier Gear with said gold in a few seconds.

I can literally buy GW2 right now, spend thousands of dollars on it and i'll be running around with a legendary or two and full exotics ready to get back in there.

Obviously nobody is going to do that now that the game is dead, but when it was released I know a ton of ppl bought gems and converted it to gold so they can get some of the expensive armor in the market in day 2.

To do the same thing in BDO is impossible, sure you can buy 5 costumes and sell them for a max of 24mil x 5.  That's about 85mil after taxes per week.  If there was a way to convert pearls to silver like in GW2 then that would be P2W. 

I'm glad your playing another game,  less F2P cancer playing BDO.  Please let us know what this "Real game" your playing. 

Thinking you can pay 2 win in instanced, arena based, GEAR EQUALIZED PvP

Thinking you need legendary gear to carry your scrub butt through PvE

Thinking GW2 is "dead" hence why they're making another expansion... wait

Thinking just money -> raw silver is the "only" pay 2 win way

Just lightning things

facepalm.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Simple, because graphics and game engine capabilities. If we were to just evaluate bdo simply just on polish in terms of world design, detail, and combat system (not gameplay itself), bdo has a lot of potential to offer, so much so that it sometimes eclipses it's endless gameplay flaws. I always think if bdo had better gameplay it could have been the mmo of the decade but alas, it went typical grind route.

Posted

Because they are old

Posted (edited)

BDO : You need a lot of time + $$$$$.  Gear > Level > ALL > ............................ > Skill

WoW :  Level max in few hours   Gear Equalized in Battlegrounds. No endless grind.   Skill based PVP ( 3v3 and 5v5 arena is PURE skill )

GW2 : No need to grind to access WvW ( Node Wars xD ) . Level AND Gear equalized. PVP = Pure skill, again.

Both games have dungeons , raids and lifeskills :D

So , why play BDO ? :/

WoW: While you are correct about gear equalization there is still a 10% stat difference in PvP. However, they decided to allow artifact power in PvP. This means you have to grind artifact power to catch up to everyone else to be competitive in PvP. Not having AP is a good 15%+ difference in damage and stuff.

WoW basically decided to equalize all of there stuff, and then mess it up a little with artifact power. WoW also doesn't have any type of siege game-play. WoW also has a mandatory subscription cost while the other 2 games don't. 

GW2: This game was so equalized in PvP that it's player-base left the pvp modes. WvW is a -----ing ghost town in GW2. I loved this game. I loved the shit out of it. ArenaNet Neglected WvW though and the community died and now SPVP is dying. It just recently got dropped by ESL so that should be a big indicator. 

GW2 is a prime indicator that just because a game is equalized doesn't mean it's good or that people will like it for PvP. League is one of the most unbalanced PvP games where half of it's heroes are absolutely garbage in it's current meta, yet people continously play league. People continue to play league because it's FUN!

They equalized the game so much that people LITERALLY left the PvP game modes. There was no good rewards or even a valid reason to do WvW and WvW siege artillery feels like plastic toys. It was a 24/7 siege with no purpose. GW2 still has some SPvP players and has a shit ton of PvE players but it's WvW playerbase is all but gone, and now SPvP is starting to decline. They have an upcoming expansion but who knows if they will fix the shit they've not fixed for the last 2 years. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I only play BDO for the sieges and the amazing combat system. Graphics are also awesome.  It has sieges done 100% the correct way with actual rewards and guild politics. WoW doesn't have sieges and GW2 doesn't have much of a siege player-base left.

Right now I play both GW2 and BDO, primarily BDO and that way I get the best of both worlds. GW2 takes no effort to play and the gear i had 2 years ago in GW2 is still the exact same best gear now so I just play GW2 during its content releases.

Before you guys talk about how GW2's netcode for pvp is so much better. They never fixed GW2's WvW issue. The only reason the issue went away is because players left the game-mode. WvW on T1 servers like jade quarry would have literal 10-15 second skill delays on eternal battlefield. There "implementation" of fixing it was making it so you have the option to render less people or only render nameplates. Making enemy players invisible isn't a fix its a copout and another one of the reasons WvW players left the game-mode. At the end of the day, you see 100's of BDO players doing siege. We just got done with a siege that had over 400 people in serendia in BDO. I bet if i login to WvW right now on a T1 server I won't even be able to see 50 people in eternal battlegrounds. If GW2 has way better PvP. Why is no one bothering to play the WvW game-mode 

BDO's PRIME ISSUE is server lag and they need to fix it. I get 40-50+ FPS in siege @ 1440p max settings so I can't say this games optimization is bad because of how good the game looks. It's 2017, get a good PC and a job. Back during GW2's golden days of WvW I only got 30-40fps and I have the same rig right now that I did then basically.

I get over 90fps in velia for example, with 60-70fps in heidel - https://gyazo.com/7c097213fa94404f97ef091f570e3956

I've PvPed at a decent skill level in all 3 games. I've hit 2432 in 3's in WoW and 2.4K in 2's. I was a Jade Quarry WvW commander for 3 months on GW2, and in BDO I've been in a guild that's held regions over 7 or 8 times at this point. I have experience in all three games extensively. 

If we could get BDO's gameplay, graphics, and siege mechanics combined with GW2's gearing and also incorporate WoW's arena system that would be the absolute best of both worlds, but who knows when that's gonna happen. MMORPG's are a risky investment and that might be a pipe dream.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

Gw2 pvp and wvw is waning because of a number of factors. Content drought, HoT power creep, rewards for playing(play-testing) any new arenas over the rest, issues with the match making system, and a number of other things. It is not one big reason, and saving pvp and wvw in GW2 is pretty complicated.

If we could get BDO's gameplay, graphics, and siege mechanics combined with GW2's gearing and also incorporate WoW's arena system that would be the absolute best of both worlds, but who knows when that's gonna happen. MMORPG's are a risky investment and that might be a pipe dream.

That would be really awesome. I post on GW2 official forums still and I ask them to please update the combat. It feels like shadow puppets passing through each other. But I still love the game.

Edited by Redfeather75

Posted

Gw2 pvp and wvw is waning because of a number of factors. Content drought, HoT power creep, rewards for playing(play-testing) any new arenas over the rest, issues with the match making system, and a number of other things. It is not one big reason, and saving pvp and wvw in GW2 is pretty complicated.

That would be really awesome. I post on GW2 official forums still and I ask them to please update the combat. It feels like shadow puppets passing through each other. But I still love the game.

Same. The sad thing is all they need to do is give WvW meaningful rewards and people would play it :/ 

Posted

BDO's PRIME ISSUE is server lag and they need to fix it.

ehh I disagree I think bdo's main problem is that it forces you to stay online 24/7 to make any meaningful progression ingame. For what reason I don't know

Posted

Thinking you can pay 2 win in instanced, arena based, GEAR EQUALIZED PvP

Thinking you need legendary gear to carry your scrub butt through PvE

Thinking GW2 is "dead" hence why they're making another expansion... wait

Thinking just money -> raw silver is the "only" pay 2 win way

Any GW2 player worth his salt knows you need Legendary/Ascended gear to be competitive in WvW.  Obviously you don't need it in Arena PVP.  Even then you still need the Expansion to be able to access the specialization skills which without, your pretty much underpowered.  It's like fighting in RBF without awakening.  Go find me 1 player who has no legendary/ascended that is on the legendary league in PVP in there.

No you don't need a Legendary for PVE, Did I say you need a legendary for PVE? Ascended is free and is equal stats to a legend, but Legendary weapons can be bought instantly with cash.  If you don't know that then maybe you should play GW2 more before you put up a stupid response.  If your serious about raiding, you better have ascended/legendary gear.  If your just going to run around queensdale then you don't need it. Let me guess, you were getting carried to Fractals 100 on your exotics. Doubt you even raid.

GW2 is dead.  The only ppl playing GW2 are those who don't have $$$ to play games like BDO, FFXIV, WoW or those who have sunk thousands of dollars in that game.  They're making another expansion because they want to milk GW2 some more and nobody is buying their stupid gems because they keep pumping out stupid outfits/pets that nobody wants.

Did I say that was the only way GW2 was P2W? that was just "1" example.  There are tons of other examples on how GW2 is P2W, many of them present in BDO.  People were just not complaining about it.  One of the biggest things ppl complained about GW2 being P2W is the expansion's specialization traits.  The Specialization is pretty much the same as BDO's awakening traits.  Without the expansion, you don't get access to specialization, so whether its PVE, WvW or PVP, your going to be underpowered.

If you love GW2 so much, then go troll in their general forums.  They could use your wisdom to improve your game. 

Posted

Any GW2 player worth his salt knows you need Legendary/Ascended gear to be competitive in WvW.  Obviously you don't need it in Arena PVP.  Even then you still need the Expansion to be able to access the specialization skills which without, your pretty much underpowered.  It's like fighting in RBF without awakening.  Go find me 1 player who has no legendary/ascended that is on the legendary league in PVP in there.

What? Care to elaborate how that comment about legendary/ascended and being in the legendary league in PvP fits in there at all? The only reason why a player in the legendary league is pretty much guaranteed to posses that equipment tier is because PvP actually rewards them among other things. Yeah that's right, you can not only PvP in order to progress in PvP, but you also get PvE-related rewards on top you can then use in other areas of the game, including the mentioned WvW.

Now come to think if you had to grind endless hours of brainless PvE mobs to be able to PvP... oh wait... BDO 9_9

No you don't need a Legendary for PVE, Did I say you need a legendary for PVE? Ascended is free and is equal stats to a legend, but Legendary weapons can be bought instantly with cash.  If you don't know that then maybe you should play GW2 more before you put up a stupid response.  If your serious about raiding, you better have ascended/legendary gear.  If your just going to run around queensdale then you don't need it. Let me guess, you were getting carried to Fractals 100 on your exotics. Doubt you even raid.

The damage difference between an exotic and a ascended/legendary weapon is roughly 5%. While you can buy a legendary weapon through the TP with gold you paid real cash for, you still cannot raid. There are account-unlocks such as certain mastery levels and other things required that you can only unlock through playing. By the time you have unlocked them, you will have accumulated the resources required to make your own ascended weapon. Or you might just have gotten a direct drop. Or got one through playing PvP.

In either case, that weapon won't be what gets you through fractals or raids, there is no gear-carry as such, only a very slight version of a gear-check. If you think you can just start with the game (or come back to it) and "win" through purchasing a few items off the TP, you are indeed the one getting carried. If someone is even willing to carry you in the first place.

Did I say that was the only way GW2 was P2W? that was just "1" example.  There are tons of other examples on how GW2 is P2W, many of them present in BDO.  People were just not complaining about it.  One of the biggest things ppl complained about GW2 being P2W is the expansion's specialization traits.  The Specialization is pretty much the same as BDO's awakening traits.  Without the expansion, you don't get access to specialization, so whether its PVE, WvW or PVP, your going to be underpowered.

Are you seriously suggesting that something that unlocks by default through purchasing the expansion of a MMO is P2W? Absolutely ridiculous. In the specific case of GW2, since its release, the expansion is considered to be the game as it is. You cannot officially buy a "core" version of the game anymore. If anything, existing customers were somewhat forced to "upgrade" by that move and there has been some salt over it. Then again, a MMO is a service and it's not unreasonable to expect that the conditions of that service change over the and/or that some additional payment is required, especially when there is no sub.

Anyway, if you wanted to make a case about expansions and P2W, one could look at Hearthstone and them adding new cards that can only be obtained through purchasing RNG-boxes. That said, if you have any more of those "GW2 is P2W" claims to amuse me with, go ahead, I won't even need to P2W in order to disprove them all.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you love GW2 so much, then go troll in their general forums.  

Like you do here? You want to defend "your" game, BDO, and that's cool. But nothing you say about GW2 has any substance at all. At this point, it's not even about opinions anymore, you are simply wrong. GW2 has plenty of its own problems and mechanics that might make it unattractive to some people just like BDO, but sitting here and making up facts and stories while you are surrounded by people who actually play GW2, is not really going anywhere. 

Posted

GW2 and WoW have both P2W methods whether its Botting, RMT that you wont see here in BDO.  Also in GW2, they have a gemstore that you can buy extra storage/inventory that can give you some advantage.  Every single MMO I played (FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2) has some form of P2W.  If your really really rich, you can buy gems, turn it to gold and buy legendary weapons which is the highest tier weapons in the game.

GW2's raids are horrendous, WvW is pretty much the same since launch, every single patch they put out just makes the game worse. Living story is a joke.  Class balance/nerfs every quarter.  Not to mention releasing a new class (Revenant) with the expansion then nerfing it to the ground a year later.  GW2's graphics are also terrible, which is extremely noticeable if you have been playing BDO on max settings for months then try to come back to GW2.  BDO's combat is also better and faster than GW2.

The worst is probably the terrible gemstore.  Even if I wanted to sink 200 bucks on their gemstore, there is nothing Good in there for me to buy.  GW2 is pretty much a Free to Play game and without any revenue, its going to die very soon. 

GW2, FFXIV and prob WOW as well were great.. Till BDO came out.  BDO's graphics destroyed all other mmo's for me.  I tried watching FFXIV stormblood benchmark video and it felt like I was watching a ps3 game. BDO's graphics is so good (on a great PC) that it makes PS4 graphics look like the ps3's.

While I agree with somethings. I enjoy both GW2 and BDO. I play BDO more now because I love the combat more and its aesthetics. However, you're completely wrong about the gem store in GW2. The difference and quite a MASSIVE difference is that you can earn absolutely everything in the gem store FOR FREE. They have currency conversion, something that is not available in most MMOS and especially not in BDO. I always defend GW2's gem store because it's the best out there. You want to buy something? Spend some money OR save up gold, convert to gems and buy. Nuff said.

Not to mention they have one of the best wardrobe systems of any mmo. Share skins between every single character without ever having to purchase it again, outfits that cost 3x less than what we get in BDO. The graphics in GW2 are definitely not terrible better than most MMOS, character creation is rather dull but they make up for it with the wardrobe system.

They are obviously gaining revenue if they're already working on the next expansion as well as new specializations. :/

Posted

Dont joke yourself guys, almost noone is playing BDO seriously anymore.... Most of you guys just afk life skills most of time while playing other games or doing other stuff on internet/real life...

How processing afk most of time is considered playing mmo game? Since when mmo become so trash that being afk 24/7 is enjoyable game experience?

Stop lieing to yourself guys... We cant quit, cause we play this game for 1 year already and there are no other mmo on market that could make us hype enough to switch to them. but we not playing this game anymore, we just hold on...

I guess playing a game for some of you isnt enjoyable

No, you need to WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Hilarious :D

P.S: if you "can't" quit, make yourself some questions, cause there's something wrong.

ehh I disagree I think bdo's main problem is that it forces you to stay online 24/7 to make any meaningful progression ingame. For what reason I don't know

Cause it's how MMO games works, usually.

It's part of their "longevity"

Personally i take MMOs like a hobby more than videogames

Posted

You talk about how bad BDO is (but still playing.......ok?!?) and then you mention Aion?

Aion?really? probably the worst MMO I ever played, you can't even TALK or put stuff in Auction House in Aion without a monthly pack. Progression is boring as -----, wings are pure p2w and the community is one of the snobbiest i ever seen

From what i have seen, in BDO there are only 2 aspects p2w: house rank+ bank investment and horse training. Ohter stuff aren't p2w at all, never needed, 790lt (at lvl 57-58) + a cart are enough to farm for hours and hours

Nice try :)

You shouldnt asume that hes talking about the Aion free-to-play relaunch. Nothing you are complaining about existed in the game for the first 2 years even.

Some valid complaints about Aion that I like to bring up:

• The memory game crash. Once the game reached a certain memory usage it just crashed. Cities, sieges and pretty much all crowded areas crashed the game for a large part of the playerbase. The ones who werent crashing where the ppl still running windows XP due to its lower memory usage compared to Vista. Dunno why it mattered what memory usage the operative system used but thats how it was. NCsoft denied that there was a problem with the game for MONTHS before they finaly addressed the issue and iirc they fixed it by limiting how much ram the game was allowed to use so that it never hit the crash threshold. N1 fix 5/7 pergramerz wud rcmnd.
  • AoE skills/spells and aerial combat. AoEs didnt work on the Z axis so you could completely avoid a lot of them simply by being 0,5m under or above the one attacking you.
  • "You cannot do that while you are status" no explanation needed.

GW2 is a prime indicator that just because a game is equalized doesn't mean it's good or that people will like it for PvP. League is one of the most unbalanced PvP games where half of it's heroes are absolutely garbage in it's current meta, yet people continously play league. People continue to play league because it's FUN!

As much as I like to bash on League I have to say that your statement is vastly exaggerated. Even though the balance have declined a bit over the last 2-2,5 years it still crushes any and every mmo that I have ever played when it comes to balance.

Also with the pretty large champion pool there are still not that many champs that are so bad that you struggle to win games with them.

Just take one of my fav champs, Gragas, as example. Hes one of the bottom 10 champs imo simply because of how hard he has been nerfed in an attempt to get him out of the pro scene yet he still sees playtime during championships while sporting a rather patetic winratio overall.

When it comes to online pvp games with good balance you need to look in the FPS or RTS category to find better balance than League. Or turnbased whatever if that is to be included.

Posted (edited)

BDO : You need a lot of time + $$$$$.  Gear > Level > ALL > ............................ > Skill

WoW :  Level max in few hours   Gear Equalized in Battlegrounds. No endless grind.   Skill based PVP ( 3v3 and 5v5 arena is PURE skill )

GW2 : No need to grind to access WvW ( Node Wars xD ) . Level AND Gear equalized. PVP = Pure skill, again.

Both games have dungeons , raids and lifeskills :D

So , why play BDO ? :/

Firstly, in wow you get level max in a few hours???? Lol no. The cap is so stupidly high now that it can take a month to get a toon to cap (they should have made WoW2 by now for sure).

I pretty much agree with you on everything else though.  BDO has a PERFECT combat system with a huge skill cap, that is COMPLETELY ruined by the fact that skill matters for shit.  There should be a hard cap at 56, and gear should only give you a 10-20% advantage in combat at it's greatest.  That would make this game perfect.

Edited by Oakenkeg

Posted

GW2 and WoW have both P2W methods whether its Botting, RMT that you wont see here in BDO.  Also in GW2, they have a gemstore that you can buy extra storage/inventory that can give you some advantage.  Every single MMO I played (FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2) has some form of P2W.  If your really really rich, you can buy gems, turn it to gold and buy legendary weapons which is the highest tier weapons in the game.

GW2's raids are horrendous, WvW is pretty much the same since launch, every single patch they put out just makes the game worse. Living story is a joke.  Class balance/nerfs every quarter.  Not to mention releasing a new class (Revenant) with the expansion then nerfing it to the ground a year later.  GW2's graphics are also terrible, which is extremely noticeable if you have been playing BDO on max settings for months then try to come back to GW2.  BDO's combat is also better and faster than GW2.

The worst is probably the terrible gemstore.  Even if I wanted to sink 200 bucks on their gemstore, there is nothing Good in there for me to buy.  GW2 is pretty much a Free to Play game and without any revenue, its going to die very soon. 

GW2, FFXIV and prob WOW as well were great.. Till BDO came out.  BDO's graphics destroyed all other mmo's for me.  I tried watching FFXIV stormblood benchmark video and it felt like I was watching a ps3 game. BDO's graphics is so good (on a great PC) that it makes PS4 graphics look like the ps3's.

Complains about bots on GW2 and forgets that most likely 50%+ people utilize the fishing bot to get ancient relic shards which is probably one of the single most devastating bots in the game and provides a bigger end game bonus than both WoW and GW2's "Bots" combined without question. 

To overlook that  this game doesn't have bots you are fooling yourself:

Fishing Bot - provides billions of silver within 2 weeks time
Auction Snipe Bot - go afk and come back with 30-40 hard/sharp black stones

These 2 bots alone , mostly the fishing bot and not to mention the countless exploits before that only got a handful of people banned (Shoveling exploit, banned half of gravity - but they just bought accounts on EpicNPC and Playerauctions and went back to playing like normal) and the master 2 trading exploit which left nobody banned are some of the main reasons this game is an utter joke.

There is no telling just how many bugs / exploits actually exist in the game that people have not mentioned , the problem is , in this game specifically those bugs , exploits and bots have MASSIVE effects on the game.

To argue that GW2 is p2w when gear is equalized end game (not to mention tier 2 legendaries you cannot buy at all , same with legendary armor - all needs to be farmed and even THEN , it's equalized gear) in that you can buy gems to convert to gold and then buy a legendary and think that it would give you an upper hand at all , when again, gear is equalized , then you're simply just an idiot. Things like buying black lion keys to try and get a permanent marketplace, bank item could be the closest to p2w and even then ... You can just use a waypoint ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD and go to a bank in a matter of seconds, it's simply convenience. 

This game? Let's see, Rank 1 housing -> Stack chandeliers (oh yea because regular quest items aren't stackable - cool right) ... Artisan's memory ALONE makes this game entirely p2w , if you aren't using artisan's memory to do roulettes on tet / pen gear attempts to bring you're gear up then you aren't able to compete in end-game - you need artisan's memory to do this -> non existent on marketplace .... Value pack again, alone is enough to make this game p2w - you simply need it , some can draw the line on it being a convenience item , but we all know exactly well that it is much more than -> oh yea, good luck trying to snipe one of these off the marketplace

Sorry, WoW might have some p2w factors I'm not sure I've never played it , but to even suggest Guild Wars 2 has anything involving p2w aside from the permanent items I mentioned then you are an idiot - it is simply pay for skins , and skins have no effect on gear as there is no gear progression aside from exotic -> ascended which is irrelevant now that Gw2 hands out ascended gear like candy now with the new HoT maps and PvP ascended gear rewards. 

Posted (edited)

I come back in BDO forums after 6 months and seems like only retards play this game. God you people are stupid. Wonder i can still get refund. This LightningFFXIII-4 dude is just hilarious. :D

Edited by Junkpile

Posted

Complains about bots on GW2 and forgets that most likely 50%+ people utilize the fishing bot to get ancient relic shards which is probably one of the single most devastating bots in the game and provides a bigger end game bonus than both WoW and GW2's "Bots" combined without question. 

Wow you got proof that of that?  Starting to sound like Sean Spicer on Trump's inauguration day press conference about the crowd size.

To overlook that  this game doesn't have bots you are fooling yourself:

Fishing Bot - provides billions of silver within 2 weeks time
Auction Snipe Bot - go afk and come back with 30-40 hard/sharp black stones

Daaammn, everyone is a billionaire in BDO!! Wonder why ppl are even training horses/Farming/Trading/grinding pirates when they can just afk fish and use a auction snipe bot. Maybe because it's not true?! Oh I don't know...

These 2 bots alone , mostly the fishing bot and not to mention the countless exploits before that only got a handful of people banned (Shoveling exploit, banned half of gravity - but they just bought accounts on EpicNPC and Playerauctions and went back to playing like normal) and the master 2 trading exploit which left nobody banned are some of the main reasons this game is an utter joke.

Thank you for letting us know that Kakao Dev's banned these folks.  At least they did something about the botters.  Cant say the same for Arenanet!!

Master 2 Trading Exploit? huh? explain how this is an exploit please.  As far as I know, ppl who are M2 Trader busted their butts to get there and earn that much silver before the patch.  And it wasn't even a secret, they have youtube vids on it.

There is no telling just how many bugs / exploits actually exist in the game that people have not mentioned , the problem is , in this game specifically those bugs , exploits and bots have MASSIVE effects on the game.

Go ahead and list some of these Bugs.  Please so we can forward it to the Devs so they can fix it.

To argue that GW2 is p2w when gear is equalized end game (not to mention tier 2 legendaries you cannot buy at all , same with legendary armor - all needs to be farmed and even THEN , it's equalized gear) in that you can buy gems to convert to gold and then buy a legendary and think that it would give you an upper hand at all , when again, gear is equalized , then you're simply just an idiot. Things like buying black lion keys to try and get a permanent marketplace, bank item could be the closest to p2w and even then ... You can just use a waypoint ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD and go to a bank in a matter of seconds, it's simply convenience. 

First of all, I played GW2 from Aug 2012 till Dec 2016. To me its not P2W at all. I'm playing BDO right now since then and I don't see this game P2W as well.

People keep saying GW2 has equalized PVP, which is not entirely true:

1.) You need the Expansion to get Specializations. Without the Specializations, your coming in the PVP Arena underpowered and easier to kill.  It's kinda like fighting someone without their Awakening weapon.

2.) In World v World (open world PVP) - Gear matters.  So if your a scrub wearing Rare/Exotics, your a walking free kill for someone in full legendary/ascended.

3.) Legendaries lets you change stats on the fly.  Like having a weapon that you can swap stats from Nouver to Kutum whenever you feel like it.  Plus you can buy the first generation legendary weapons off the marketplace.  So technically, you can pay 300-400 dollars in the gemstore (less than that in a RMT website) to buy one of these instantly.

4.) Legendary armor are accountbound sure.  But that's not stopping Elite Raiders from selling Raid Boss runs for gold.  So technically, you can buy gold, find some Mercs to let you leech a raid, and complete your legendary armor. Definitely P2W right there.

This game? Let's see, Rank 1 housing -> Stack chandeliers (oh yea because regular quest items aren't stackable - cool right) ... Artisan's memory ALONE makes this game entirely p2w , if you aren't using artisan's memory to do roulettes on tet / pen gear attempts to bring you're gear up then you aren't able to compete in end-game - you need artisan's memory to do this -> non existent on marketplace .... Value pack again, alone is enough to make this game p2w - you simply need it , some can draw the line on it being a convenience item , but we all know exactly well that it is much more than -> oh yea, good luck trying to snipe one of these off the marketplace

You sound like your strapped for cash IRL.  Maybe you should get a job. Or play a F2P game like GW2.

As for Artisan Memories, I don't use them as I don't enchant my own gear, I just buy premades on the Marketplace and i'm doing just fine. 

What is this endgame your talking about? 

Sorry, WoW might have some p2w factors I'm not sure I've never played it , but to even suggest Guild Wars 2 has anything involving p2w aside from the permanent items I mentioned then you are an idiot - it is simply pay for skins , and skins have no effect on gear as there is no gear progression aside from exotic -> ascended which is irrelevant now that Gw2 hands out ascended gear like candy now with the new HoT maps and PvP ascended gear rewards. 

Obviously your not going to see the P2W side of GW2 since you cant even afford a value pack in BDO.

That's another thing, GW2 hands out everything now, their gemstore isn't making any money since most of their playerbase is F2P or buying currency/botting.  So how is that game making money? By pumping out expansions? Kakao makes that every month with value packs/costumes.

Posted

You shouldnt asume that hes talking about the Aion free-to-play relaunch. Nothing you are complaining about existed in the game for the first 2 years even.

Some valid complaints about Aion that I like to bring up:

• The memory game crash. Once the game reached a certain memory usage it just crashed. Cities, sieges and pretty much all crowded areas crashed the game for a large part of the playerbase. The ones who werent crashing where the ppl still running windows XP due to its lower memory usage compared to Vista. Dunno why it mattered what memory usage the operative system used but thats how it was. NCsoft denied that there was a problem with the game for MONTHS before they finaly addressed the issue and iirc they fixed it by limiting how much ram the game was allowed to use so that it never hit the crash threshold. N1 fix 5/7 pergramerz wud rcmnd.
  • AoE skills/spells and aerial combat. AoEs didnt work on the Z axis so you could completely avoid a lot of them simply by being 0,5m under or above the one attacking you.
  • "You cannot do that while you are status" no explanation needed.

Well, what's the point in talking in something that is past? You can't compare 2 games based on different game periods no?

Comparison should be done between the actual Aion version vs the actual BDO version. Before the free to play change, even Tera was a good game, not perfect but decent

Posted

Wow you got proof that of that?  Starting to sound like Sean Spicer on Trump's inauguration day press conference about the crowd size.

Daaammn, everyone is a billionaire in BDO!! Wonder why ppl are even training horses/Farming/Trading/grinding pirates when they can just afk fish and use a auction snipe bot. Maybe because it's not true?! Oh I don't know...

Thank you for letting us know that Kakao Dev's banned these folks.  At least they did something about the botters.  Cant say the same for Arenanet!!

Master 2 Trading Exploit? huh? explain how this is an exploit please.  As far as I know, ppl who are M2 Trader busted their butts to get there and earn that much silver before the patch.  And it wasn't even a secret, they have youtube vids on it.

Go ahead and list some of these Bugs.  Please so we can forward it to the Devs so they can fix it.

First of all, I played GW2 from Aug 2012 till Dec 2016. To me its not P2W at all. I'm playing BDO right now since then and I don't see this game P2W as well.

People keep saying GW2 has equalized PVP, which is not entirely true:

1.) You need the Expansion to get Specializations. Without the Specializations, your coming in the PVP Arena underpowered and easier to kill.  It's kinda like fighting someone without their Awakening weapon.

2.) In World v World (open world PVP) - Gear matters.  So if your a scrub wearing Rare/Exotics, your a walking free kill for someone in full legendary/ascended.

3.) Legendaries lets you change stats on the fly.  Like having a weapon that you can swap stats from Nouver to Kutum whenever you feel like it.  Plus you can buy the first generation legendary weapons off the marketplace.  So technically, you can pay 300-400 dollars in the gemstore (less than that in a RMT website) to buy one of these instantly.

4.) Legendary armor are accountbound sure.  But that's not stopping Elite Raiders from selling Raid Boss runs for gold.  So technically, you can buy gold, find some Mercs to let you leech a raid, and complete your legendary armor. Definitely P2W right there.

You sound like your strapped for cash IRL.  Maybe you should get a job. Or play a F2P game like GW2.

As for Artisan Memories, I don't use them as I don't enchant my own gear, I just buy premades on the Marketplace and i'm doing just fine. 

What is this endgame your talking about? 

Obviously your not going to see the P2W side of GW2 since you cant even afford a value pack in BDO.

That's another thing, GW2 hands out everything now, their gemstore isn't making any money since most of their playerbase is F2P or buying currency/botting.  So how is that game making money? By pumping out expansions? Kakao makes that every month with value packs/costumes.

Ascended gear give 5% advantage. Why you lie whole time? You guildmates plan to move GW2 because PvP balance is pure joke in BDO?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0