• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why play BDO when you can play WOW or GW2 ?

146 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow you got proof that of that?  Starting to sound like Sean Spicer on Trump's inauguration day press conference about the crowd size.

Daaammn, everyone is a billionaire in BDO!! Wonder why ppl are even training horses/Farming/Trading/grinding pirates when they can just afk fish and use a auction snipe bot. Maybe because it's not true?! Oh I don't know...

Thank you for letting us know that Kakao Dev's banned these folks.  At least they did something about the botters.  Cant say the same for Arenanet!!

Master 2 Trading Exploit? huh? explain how this is an exploit please.  As far as I know, ppl who are M2 Trader busted their butts to get there and earn that much silver before the patch.  And it wasn't even a secret, they have youtube vids on it.

Go ahead and list some of these Bugs.  Please so we can forward it to the Devs so they can fix it.

First of all, I played GW2 from Aug 2012 till Dec 2016. To me its not P2W at all. I'm playing BDO right now since then and I don't see this game P2W as well.

People keep saying GW2 has equalized PVP, which is not entirely true:

1.) You need the Expansion to get Specializations. Without the Specializations, your coming in the PVP Arena underpowered and easier to kill.  It's kinda like fighting someone without their Awakening weapon.

2.) In World v World (open world PVP) - Gear matters.  So if your a scrub wearing Rare/Exotics, your a walking free kill for someone in full legendary/ascended.

3.) Legendaries lets you change stats on the fly.  Like having a weapon that you can swap stats from Nouver to Kutum whenever you feel like it.  Plus you can buy the first generation legendary weapons off the marketplace.  So technically, you can pay 300-400 dollars in the gemstore (less than that in a RMT website) to buy one of these instantly.

4.) Legendary armor are accountbound sure.  But that's not stopping Elite Raiders from selling Raid Boss runs for gold.  So technically, you can buy gold, find some Mercs to let you leech a raid, and complete your legendary armor. Definitely P2W right there.

You sound like your strapped for cash IRL.  Maybe you should get a job. Or play a F2P game like GW2.

As for Artisan Memories, I don't use them as I don't enchant my own gear, I just buy premades on the Marketplace and i'm doing just fine. 

What is this endgame your talking about? 

Obviously your not going to see the P2W side of GW2 since you cant even afford a value pack in BDO.

That's another thing, GW2 hands out everything now, their gemstore isn't making any money since most of their playerbase is F2P or buying currency/botting.  So how is that game making money? By pumping out expansions? Kakao makes that every month with value packs/costumes.

Not really strapped for cash , my points on the bots in this game like the fishing bot that a lot of people use , and yes, a lot of people use them - the bot owners are making massive amounts of money and their forums have hundreds of posts , considering also Kakao have not even said a word on the use of these bots, it's pretty safe to say their is no risk , as there was no risk with the dodge rolling exploit to another city to build up master 2 trading in a matter of days. Sorry, if you think it wasn't an exploit, then they would have never removed it from the game. The problem is , people who used it didn't get punished for it. There's no arguing over this, they removed BECAUSE of the exploitation of getting Master 2 trading so fast, it's supposed to take a very long time to get , not exploited by overloading your character and dodge rolling to the next town and selling and repeating this. Is there work involved? Of course, lol... But that's like saying the shovel exploit wasn't exploit because I had to physically sit there and shovel. This doesn't make it not an exploit.

M2 trading buff is one of the most important things you can have when referring to making money with most life skills when it comes to imperial cooking, crates, fish as shown by Fixette's stream. The point is that comparing Gw2 to bots in this game is irrelevant, you can compare them on the effect that they are detrimental to the game, being able to get a billion silver in a week with a bot is massively detrimental in this game compared to getting 10,000 gold in Guild Wars 2 - I'm sure you can agree to this.

--

"Daaammn, everyone is a billionaire in BDO!! Wonder why ppl are even training horses/Farming/Trading/grinding pirates when they can just afk fish and use a auction snipe bot. Maybe because it's not true?! Oh I don't know..." - Never said this, but with the amount of forum threads on the bot website itself and the fact the discord is massively populated and the fact that it is widely used in every region of BDO and the amount of exposure the fishing bot has received by people already including the same person who outed Gravity using the Shovel exploit and people advertising LFG x30/40+ relic scrolls in server chat, it's hardly deniable. Again, my point wasn't to outline the actual bot , it's more to show how detrimental and disasterous a bot like this is in this game compared to a game like GW2. The fact that you even see so many ancient relic shards on the marketplace and artisan's memory is BECAUSE of the fishing botters.

"Thank you for letting us know that Kakao Dev's banned these folks.  At least they did something about the botters.  Cant say the same for Arenanet!!" - Kakao hasn't done anything, as shovel exploiting wasn't a bad. It was primarily a top guild actively doing it, but that's another problem all together.

1.) You need the Expansion to get Specializations. Without the Specializations, your coming in the PVP Arena underpowered and easier to kill.  It's kinda like fighting someone without their Awakening weapon. - This I can agree with

2.) In World v World (open world PVP) - Gear matters.  So if your a scrub wearing Rare/Exotics, your a walking free kill for someone in full legendary/ascended.  - Except all ascended isn't buyable in the game, you have to farm materials and do events for it. I can agree on the tier 1 legendaries though. Open world PVP is also by a large degree dead, the real PvP in the game (the actual PvP arenas and conquest mode) don't have ANY specialized gear and you're forced to wear amulets and completely equalized gear. The legendary is literally just a skin there and nothing else at all so the entire point about the actual PvP zone/arenas in GW2 is essentially useless anyway.

3.) Legendaries lets you change stats on the fly.  Like having a weapon that you can swap stats from Nouver to Kutum whenever you feel like it.  Plus you can buy the first generation legendary weapons off the marketplace.  So technically, you can pay 300-400 dollars in the gemstore (less than that in a RMT website) to buy one of these instantly. - You say BDO isn't P2w then defend BDO by saying things about GW2 that BDO also literally does as well. Being able to buy a legendary in real life while it is also accessible from the game with in game gold are the same thing as saying Artisan's Memories aren't p2w because while you can buy them with real money , you can also get them with loyalties also. This kind of argument never really makes sense, we could essentially agree that almost every MMO is p2w by these standards.

4.) Legendary armor are accountbound sure.  But that's not stopping Elite Raiders from selling Raid Boss runs for gold.  So technically, you can buy gold, find some Mercs to let you leech a raid, and complete your legendary armor. Definitely P2W right there. - Right , lol , raiding is one small time consuming component of 30 and it's time gated which that allows you to get the legendary armor along with needing to complete 2 entirely sets of quests with the Envoy armor, something you can't pay somebody to do unless you paid somebody to log into your account and do it for you , but then , if you're arguing that this would be P2w ... Then that would make literally anything about BDO p2w as well , correct? Since I could just pay somebody to log into my account and get me TET gear and that would be P2W? Again, this kind of logic doesn't really make sense and ends up looking like you're desperately trying to prove something that isn't there.

"You sound like your strapped for cash IRL.  Maybe you should get a job. Or play a F2P game like GW2.

As for Artisan Memories, I don't use them as I don't enchant my own gear, I just buy premades on the Marketplace and i'm doing just fine. 

What is this endgame your talking about? " - Alright? Your point? This doesn't make buying Artisan's memories any less p2w - a x3 factor on yellow gear when enchanting is game breaking (which most people do btw , and not even to self gear progress - alot of people do it to resell things like enchanting tri basi's to make profit and so forth) , and the fact that you can strap your house with chandeliers that are only stackable if you buy them with real money to get R1 benefits as well. Just because I don't stack chandeliers into my house doesn't mean it's not an aspect of p2w. This logic makes no sense - "I don't do it therefore it's not p2w" mentality.

--

"Obviously your not going to see the P2W side of GW2 since you cant even afford a value pack in BDO." - I do just fine, but this doesn't take away that a lot of p2w exists in this game. Whether somebody is poor or not doesn't exclude this fact.

"That's another thing, GW2 hands out everything now, their gemstore isn't making any money since most of their playerbase is F2P or buying currency/botting.  So how is that game making money? By pumping out expansions? Kakao makes that every month with value packs/costumes." - I can agree with that regarding expansions. But then you're kind of verifying the p2w aspect right?

Again, you can try and defend it all day long, my point with the forum post wasn't even to refer to BDO's p2w vs GW2's p2w aspects but more so the comparing of bot utilization in BDO vs GW2 , you cannot directly buy currency in BDO (although you can indirectly buy currency via outfits and re-sell which can also be considered a form of p2w but on such a low degree that it really is irrelevant - the real value is artisan's memory - also why they just so happen to include a 4000pearl for 100 option - surprise surprise), hence why things like the fishing bot are so detrimental and popular in this game. You cannot compare the 2 as one game is just a skin fashion show that's nearly dead and BDO is a vibrant game that relies entirely on gear score with a gear progression that actually matters unlike Gw2.

Sounds like you need a little more explanation on how GW2 is P2W.

You can buy unlimited gems from the gemstore.  You can turn those gems to gold ingame in a few seconds.  You can buy Top Tier Gear with said gold in a few seconds.

I can literally buy GW2 right now, spend thousands of dollars on it and i'll be running around with a legendary or two and full exotics ready to get back in there.

Obviously nobody is going to do that now that the game is dead, but when it was released I know a ton of ppl bought gems and converted it to gold so they can get some of the expensive armor in the market in day 2.

To do the same thing in BDO is impossible, sure you can buy 5 costumes and sell them for a max of 24mil x 5.  That's about 85mil after taxes per week.  If there was a way to convert pearls to silver like in GW2 then that would be P2W. 

I'm glad your playing another game,  less F2P cancer playing BDO.  Please let us know what this "Real game" your playing. 

Except gem to gold conversion didn't come out initially with the game - it was released much later in the future after the launch of the game so your talking about day 2 progression by buying and converting gems is a lie. Now, your friends most likely bought gold from a 3rd party vendor because you could buy unlimited gold (now there is a 500 gold limit you can receive in mail a week) and not really get banned for it ( I did it a few times ) but no, your friends did not progress to exotics in day 2 of the game release by converting gems to gold because it didn't exist.

So buying artisan's memories to save x3 on yellow gear enchant progression (massive , in the billions of silver saved when you refer doing tet roulettes) , x30 on greens, and so forth is not pay to win... I think you look at it so one-dimensionally and you only look at buying silver directly as a method of p2w.

SAVING hundreds of millions of silver by buying an item with real money is the same as buying that same saved hundreds of millions of silver directly from the game. 

Boggles my mind how you do not see this as a form of p2w especially when referring to end game gear like tets/pens and backup stacks and fail stacks across characters in general.

Posted (edited)

Except gem to gold conversion didn't come out initially with the game - it was released much later in the future after the launch of the game so your talking about day 2 progression by buying and converting gems is a lie.

Ummm.. No.. I was there, on Day 2, purchasing gems and exchanging it to get a measly 16 gold to buy Exotic gear and Divinity Runes.  Yes back in the beginning, 100 bucks converted to 8000 gems to 16 gold.  Being able to buy all those Inventory Slots for additional bags, storage space, and buying gems and converting it to silver enabled me to progress much faster than the other ppl and reach lvl 80.

Yes Your Read it Right! You Can Exchange Gems to Silver on Day 2!, Day 1 BLTC was down. Get your facts Right...

Pretty sure I played GW2 longer than you or anyone on this thread.  I'm probably the only one who's able to reach Legendary Division on the trashiest class (Revenant) on fall 2016 too.

Guild wars 2 is a dead game, all of you who are still playing it are wasting your time on it.  Instead, you guys should move on and play a 2016 game like BDO.  BDO is so great, GW2 is starting to copy it. Just look at its expansion.. Tamer class, Desert expansion (Hello! Valencia anyone?) Just horrible.

Edited by LightningFFXIII-4

Posted (edited)

I don't like Pandas and ugly hands.

oh and BDO Boobs > WOW Boobs

Edited by tntpop

Posted

Well, what's the point in talking in something that is past? You can't compare 2 games based on different game periods no?

Comparison should be done between the actual Aion version vs the actual BDO version. Before the free to play change, even Tera was a good game, not perfect but decent

You totally can though. Some1 that thought that Aion was 10 times better in its prime than BDO is currently would not be playing BDO now because it would be so bad in comparison.

Thats the thing with games and mmos especially. You have to constantly improve and inovate for the game to have any chance of actually being good. You cant just take an old game, change a few minor things, some for better and some for worse and then update the graphics a bit and expect it to be just as successful as the old game in its prime.

In my experience Korean games are especially guilty of not learning from past mistakes when it comes to just simple game mechanics.

One example from Aion: The loot roll system. They took the same system as WoW, and probably many other games used and removed a vital function in it namely the greed button. The result was that a rare item drops, bind on pickup, and everybody wants it to extract enchanting stones from it. But what if some1 in the party needs it because its better than his current gear? Shame every1 has already hit that need button and rolled for the item because if 2 players rolled the same number the one who rolled first wins so no1 wanted to wait.

They later patched it so that BoP items could be traded for 15mins after being looted but what possible reason did they have to not implement the existing working solution? That question was never answered by any GMs on the forums although it was asked relatively often by me and others.

An example from BDO, that has since been fixed however, was the having to write in the selling price on items you listed again for every similar item you wanted to list. Now it actually keeps the previous price so you can list similar items in succession much quicker. This should however have been in the game from release. They just added a problem that already had been solved into the game for no reason other than being uninformed.

Another rather minor complaint would be the way you move items around in your inventory. There is typically drag-n-drop and there is click once to pick up, click again to drop. BDO has drag to move and then click to drop which I fail to see the point off.

Much of this might seem like nitpicking but its the small details that makes a game seem well-made and polished and when there are existing solutions to problems that arise in games during development/early testing then why not just fix them then? It requires no effort in creativity or planning its just work hours.

I might have derailed this discussion slightly ^^

Posted

Pretty sure I played GW2 longer than you or anyone on this thread.  I'm probably the only one who's able to reach Legendary Division on the trashiest class (Revenant) on fall 2016 too.

Guild wars 2 is a dead game, all of you who are still playing it are wasting your time on it.  Instead, you guys should move on and play a 2016 game like BDO.  BDO is so great, GW2 is starting to copy it. Just look at its expansion.. Tamer class, Desert expansion (Hello! Valencia anyone?) Just horrible.

Hardly so, been playing GW2 since 3-day headstart, even beta, participated in each of the recent PvP seasons and guess what, managed up to legendary myself. If you were indeed such an active player, I cannot help wondering why you keep coming back to that claim about how the elite specs are p2w or how you can buy an advantage with a legendary weapon. Elite specs are a default unlock in PvP upon purchasing the expansion, which is now THE game (you can no longer buy the "core" version by itself). Legendary weapon stats swap is irrelevant in the larger picture of your build (... guess what, your armor and trinkets will still have the "wrong" stats). Not the first time these things have been mentioned yet you keep ignoring it.

Then that comment about the upcoming GW2 expansion copying BDO. Seriously? Are you perhaps aware that the desert content (Elona) has been a major component of the predecessor of GW2, which, unsurprisingly, was GW1? Hell, GW1 had a whole bloody expansion located in that desert. That was back in 2007, so much for that.

In reference to what the OP asked, I came from GW2 to BDO, enjoyed the latter for a few brief months for what it's worth, then moved back to GW2 because there is absolutely nothing in terms of long-term play that BDO has over GW2. Grinding the same PvE mobs to be able to PvP? Casino-upgrading gear? Are you kidding me? This is a complete backwards step from any modern MMO and as far as I'm concerned, the only reasons to keep playing BDO is because of sunk costs ("oh noes, so much time spent already...") in combination with being to incompetent to succeed in proper PvP. Well, not sure why I even limited that statement to PvP, can as well add PvE to that list due to the complete lack of challenging content such as dungeons/raids.

2 people like this

Posted

Hardly so, been playing GW2 since 3-day headstart, even beta, participated in each of the recent PvP seasons and guess what, managed up to legendary myself. If you were indeed such an active player, I cannot help wondering why you keep coming back to that claim about how the elite specs are p2w or how you can buy an advantage with a legendary weapon. Elite specs are a default unlock in PvP upon purchasing the expansion, which is now THE game (you can no longer buy the "core" version by itself). Legendary weapon stats swap is irrelevant in the larger picture of your build (... guess what, your armor and trinkets will still have the "wrong" stats). Not the first time these things have been mentioned yet you keep ignoring it.

Then that comment about the upcoming GW2 expansion copying BDO. Seriously? Are you perhaps aware that the desert content (Elona) has been a major component of the predecessor of GW2, which, unsurprisingly, was GW1? Hell, GW1 had a whole bloody expansion located in that desert. That was back in 2007, so much for that.

In reference to what the OP asked, I came from GW2 to BDO, enjoyed the latter for a few brief months for what it's worth, then moved back to GW2 because there is absolutely nothing in terms of long-term play that BDO has over GW2. Grinding the same PvE mobs to be able to PvP? Casino-upgrading gear? Are you kidding me? This is a complete backwards step from any modern MMO and as far as I'm concerned, the only reasons to keep playing BDO is because of sunk costs ("oh noes, so much time spent already...") in combination with being to incompetent to succeed in proper PvP. Well, not sure why I even limited that statement to PvP, can as well add PvE to that list due to the complete lack of challenging content such as dungeons/raids.

I played GW2 since beta and recently quit.  They've ignored wvw and refuse to improve it.  Fk em.  I won't go back unless they DRAMATICALLY improve wvw

Posted

Neither GW2 or WoW have difficult progression, so boosts are like what 'save yourself a night'?

People want open world sandbox games, if they are here. And many of them are here because Trion failed us with Archeage.

That said, BDO has it's flaws. People want this super action fast paced combat that shines in a South Korean low ping environment, then ----- about how it sucks when real internet latency hits. People also like progression, but some of what BDO's progression is false. You can just make everything super rng to get and levels massively spread apart in the xp charts and just call it content and people eat it up. But still, there's no better option right now for those who don't want their pvp pre-packaged.

Posted

Neither GW2 or WoW have difficult progression, so boosts are like what 'save yourself a night'?

People want open world sandbox games, if they are here. And many of them are here because Trion failed us with Archeage.

That said, BDO has it's flaws. People want this super action fast paced combat that shines in a South Korean low ping environment, then ----- about how it sucks when real internet latency hits. People also like progression, but some of what BDO's progression is false. You can just make everything super rng to get and levels massively spread apart in the xp charts and just call it content and people eat it up. But still, there's no better option right now for those who don't want their pvp pre-packaged.

1st post a mere 10 days before they shut down this forum. Not sure if good timing or bad timing ^^

Posted

Reasons why BDO is better than GW2:

1.) Better graphics.  - Face it, it doesn't matter how good GW2 is, it's a 2012 game with PS3 graphics.  BDO on a good PC makes PS4 graphics obsolete.

2.) Afk Fishing/Processing - In GW2, you cant make money while AFK unless your a botter. 

3.) Cash shop that generates revenue - Any GW2 player knows the gemstore sucks and the only reason why ppl buy stuff at the gemstore nowadays is either because they are new or just want to support the game.  BDO makes it almost necessary for you to buy pearls or have someone buy you pearl items.

4.) The only MMO that has faster/better looking combat/gameplay than GW2.  Just like GW2 made FFXIV's combat system look slow, BDO did the same with GW2.

5.) Better RMT control - Since BDO has no player to player trading,  There's literally no gold farmers here.  For GW2, just google "GW2 Gold" and you'll see tons of sellers.  And there wouldn't be that many sellers if there weren't so many buyers.

6.) Sexier models - Face it, BDO character models are just more pleasing to look at for hours on end.  Nobody wants to stare at an Asura or a Charr or a Silvari or a Norn..

7.) No nerfs - Dev's already said it, they're not nerfing the OP Classes in BDO instead theyre going to buff the underperforming ones.  In GW2, they do quarterly balance patches that makes certain classes OP for 4 months then terribad for the next 4 months.  Just look at what they did to DragonHunter and Revenant.

8.) BDO doesn't flip flop - I saw the vids about the Ghillie suit and Artisan memories being P2W, did Kakao remove those from the game? no.  GW2 promised to be a minimal to no grind game, it was supposed to be fun.  But 3months after launch they added Ascended rings/Fractals then even more grindier stuff showed. 

9.) BDO doesn't have Nazi forum moderators - If you see a post in GW2 General discussion "Why play GW2 when BDO is out?" I bet that post will be taken down within the hour.

10.) You don't have to worry about achievement points. - In GW2, ppl use achievement points as a measure of skill/gear since you cant inspect ppls gear.  So your forced to do mundane jumping puzzles, quests, exploration and do daily activities you don't really wanna do but you have too to keep your score up.

11.) There are no raids/fractals - GW2 introduced raids for reasons unknown and tried to make the game more like FFXIV/Wow when it didn't need too.  Adding raids/fractals to the game makes serious players feel they have to do a lvl 75 and above fractal every single day and do raids just so they can get ascended gear/legendary armor.

12.) No loading screens - probably the only game I played with no loading screens when travelling to different areas.

Things a BDO player might like in GW2:

1.) GW2 costs 0 Dollars to play, about 29.99 for the xpansion and that's it.  You never have to pay for anything else.

2.) Waypoints.  Screw mounts and running around for 15minutes... just teleport.

3.) Best Storage system - with a click of a button all your collectibles goes to your storage.

4.) Slower/simpler combat - Ever heard of Press 1111 to win? well in GW2, you don't have to remember those crazy Tekken moves anymore.

5.) GW2's WvW, despite it's flaws and the dreaded Desert BL, is still better than BDO's nodewars/Siege.  It's accessible anytime 24/7.  You don't need to be in a guild to participate.

6.) You don't have to worry about getting PK'ed in the PVE world.

7.) Underwater combat and gathering that makes Margoria even more pointless.

8.) An actual storyline and NPC characters that you will remember their names.

9.) The Gemstore (Cashshop) only offers vanity items and boosts that are comparable to Loyalty items.  So you don't have to spend if you don't feel like it.

10.) Friendlier community - Since BDO has sausans/pirates, ppl tend to PK each other or declare war on each others guilds.  Plus check out the BDO chat.   Since BDO is mostly a 1 player game with other ppl around you, it's not really social.  The only time ppl really group up is for relics and even then that's hella boring.

11.) GW2's combat system works better in large scale combat - Yes, the game that players just spam 11111 actually works better than BDO's tekken combat system.

12.) You don't have to buy no Value packs, Pets, costumes, storage space, eyewear, earpiece, horse whistle, horse costume, maids etc all that stuff is free...

13.) GW2's marketplace lets you list an unlimited number of items and it doesn't expire.  The Black Lion Trading Company Marketplace is handsdown better than BDO's lol.

14.) Easy to attain Level Cap/Gear Cap - lvl 80 is easy to get and full ascended  gear only takes a month of casual grinding.  You literally get the best gear just by playing.  In BDO, there is no level cap, it takes an insane amount of time to level to 62 especially if your not a DK/Wizard/Witch, and enchanting your gear can result in degrading its level or worse.

15.) Your hand/wrist wont be a sore playing GW2 - playing a few rounds of RBF as a Kunoichi is giving me some serious wrist pain from executing all those moves.  By the time I'm done my Left Index Finger is bent and cant type anymore.  In GW2, you just press 1111 and win.

16.) GW2 has better and more memorable music than BDO. Most of the time I have some youtube music running in BDO.

17.) Accountbound endgame gear/Cashshop items - In BDO, if your a lvl 60 Kuno and want to reroll to DK, you will have to start from scratch and rebuy the costumes etc.  In GW2 everything is shared across your characters.

18.) Deep Traits customization - There are tons of youtube vids about builds in GW2 which shows how deep that game is.  You can have the best gear but if your build sucks you wont win.  In BDO, there's not really much to choose from. You get to pick 6 skill add ons and that's it.

19.) The GW2 Dev's are in North America so it's safe from Trump and Kim going at it.

20.) GW2's classes are more balanced than BDO's -  Dark Knights are so OP right now they make Revenant pre-nerf look like a bunch of Kunoichis.  Remember when Revenant Hammer 2 can hit 15ppl for 15k damage, yeah Dark Knight is worse than that.

21.) Every single class in GW2 has on command heal - In BDO, if your playing a class like Kunoichi, prepare to chug pots!  If your a Wizard, just press your 30 second healing ability to heal yourself and your allies to full.

Posted

Have all 3.
WoW is still my main MMO cuz harder content, more in-depth gameplay, better community and socialization. I play gw2 and bdo when I'm done with stuff I wanted to do in WoW and my mates are offline.
Tbh the only reason I play BDO here and there is to get my fix of some action combat, then I realize it's literally 2-3 combos and log out. Nothing to do in this game but grind and nodes (wich are completely ruined for me by desync and vision). I prefer MMO's where pvp isn't gear dependant so I'd still rather pvp in the other two games. BDO in it's current state is simply not fun at all with all these drawbacks dragging it into the dirt and the devs not giving a flying ----- about the game don't give me much hope for the future of it.
Honestly when AoC comes out BDO will be forgotten by all except waifu autists.

Reasons why BDO is better than GW2:

1.) Better graphics.  - Face it, it doesn't matter how good GW2 is, it's a 2012 game with PS3 graphics.  BDO on a good PC makes PS4 graphics obsolete.

2.) Afk Fishing/Processing - In GW2, you cant make money while AFK unless your a botter. 

3.) Cash shop that generates revenue - Any GW2 player knows the gemstore sucks and the only reason why ppl buy stuff at the gemstore nowadays is either because they are new or just want to support the game.  BDO makes it almost necessary for you to buy pearls or have someone buy you pearl items.

4.) The only MMO that has faster/better looking combat/gameplay than GW2.  Just like GW2 made FFXIV's combat system look slow, BDO did the same with GW2.

5.) Better RMT control - Since BDO has no player to player trading,  There's literally no gold farmers here.  For GW2, just google "GW2 Gold" and you'll see tons of sellers.  And there wouldn't be that many sellers if there weren't so many buyers.

6.) Sexier models - Face it, BDO character models are just more pleasing to look at for hours on end.  Nobody wants to stare at an Asura or a Charr or a Silvari or a Norn..

7.) No nerfs - Dev's already said it, they're not nerfing the OP Classes in BDO instead theyre going to buff the underperforming ones.  In GW2, they do quarterly balance patches that makes certain classes OP for 4 months then terribad for the next 4 months.  Just look at what they did to DragonHunter and Revenant.

8.) BDO doesn't flip flop - I saw the vids about the Ghillie suit and Artisan memories being P2W, did Kakao remove those from the game? no.  GW2 promised to be a minimal to no grind game, it was supposed to be fun.  But 3months after launch they added Ascended rings/Fractals then even more grindier stuff showed. 

9.) BDO doesn't have Nazi forum moderators - If you see a post in GW2 General discussion "Why play GW2 when BDO is out?" I bet that post will be taken down within the hour.

10.) You don't have to worry about achievement points. - In GW2, ppl use achievement points as a measure of skill/gear since you cant inspect ppls gear.  So your forced to do mundane jumping puzzles, quests, exploration and do daily activities you don't really wanna do but you have too to keep your score up.

11.) There are no raids/fractals - GW2 introduced raids for reasons unknown and tried to make the game more like FFXIV/Wow when it didn't need too.  Adding raids/fractals to the game makes serious players feel they have to do a lvl 75 and above fractal every single day and do raids just so they can get ascended gear/legendary armor.

12.) No loading screens - probably the only game I played with no loading screens when travelling to different areas.

heal - In BDO, if your playing a class like Kunoichi, prepare to chug pots!  If your a Wizard, just press your 30 second healing ability to heal yourself and your allies to full.

3) By making the game liquid AIDS unless you spend money? How is this a good thing? By the looks of the content being released it seems the GW2 devs sunk a lot more money into their game than BDO devs did
5) Considering in gw2 you can't get an advantage over others in pvp this is a literal non-issue. If you didn't google for it you wouldn't even notice it existed.

6) Your opinion. There's PLENTY of people who love those races, wheres in BDO it's all sameface Asian templates with very few differences. Just google gw2 r34 :)
7) Lots of classes waiting on their turn still, and the game has been out how long? This is simply not the case in reality.
8) No.1 how is dungeon content grind? No.2 How is gear progression bad? BDO does literally the same thing only 10 times worse and more RNG
10) Again how is it different for BDO? Here a measurement of gear is the combined number of AP/DP and a lot of people have to do things they don't want in order to keep up. 90% time spent grinding other 10% actually fighting other players.
11) It's called PvE content, lots of people are asking for it in BDo aswell, not everybody likes pvp.
12) Obviously not a good thing considering how badly the game is optimized, it could really do with some of those.

Also I need to touch on the BDO combat system. It's not at all in-depth as you make it out to be. I've had more difficulties in gw2 pvp than I ever did in BDO. Since everything goes into combos the combat is simplified drastically, imo not harder at all compared to gw2. The only hard part is getting rekt by desync and gear>>>>>>>>>>skill.

Like I completely understand why you like this game and it seems well suited to your tastes but don't go around spreading misinformation just to make BDO look superior, it really doesn't have all that much going for it compared to other MMO's.

Posted (edited)

I just checked GW2 forums and found a "State of the game thread" this is one of the post.

_______

Here is the state of the game:
WvW : dead. Anet completely ignored the gamemode for so long that most ppl, guilds left. Even t1 servers lack activity. Only 1 server is considered full and will soon be opened as well. No forecast of real changes or updates. Wvw community just messing around waiting for CU to launch.
Spvp: almost dead. Anet tried hard to force the esport idea on the game mode, bit that failed and the lack of balance most likely been killing the game mode.
Pve: still getting updates on the story mode very often, but the real developing effort is going to RAIDS. There is where anet is aiming their efforts. raid, raid, raid.
Ao if you wanna play this game for pvp or wvw, just forget it.. Look for something else cause aner has clearly given up those game modes.
Edit:
But hey, not everything is lost.
They gave us a new legendary weapon..
A kitteng lampshade looking torch. I bet that one took countless hours from several designers to came up with.
All the issues are solved. We can now hit monsters with a lampshade.
LOL

(edited about a day ago by BassHunteR.7246)

-----------

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/State-of-the-Game-8

You guys are trying to sucker in ppl in BDO back into a dead game.  I just logged into GW2 and went to lion's arch and the mist lobby, barely anyone there.

Here's another post on the same thread.

--------

I think its falling apart as Anet seems to be putting its work into a very small part of the game and forgetting the other parts comply. The community is out right in riot mood.

If you take that much time for the next update of the LS it should be better then the one before but it was not and the next lack of content i think is going to kill the game.

Its like the devs. forgot how to run a video game. Did they realty lose all there session devs to amazon or something?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

---------

These are GW2 Players opinions on a GW2 Genereal Discussion forums saying their game is dead. Just like what I was saying from the very beginning.

Here's a link to a Thread on whether GW2's Expansion was P2W.  The Expansion gave players access to Specializations which in BDO terms is equal to Awakening.   Look at the replies, they all call it "Pay to get an advantage".  Sounds familiar? Such hypocrites.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/Is-HoT-pay-to-win

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/Am-I-at-a-disadvantage-if-I-don-t-buy-HoT

A recently made video by a GW2 player in regards to the recent GW2 patch.  Obviously it was negative reviews again. What did you expect from Arenanet.

Edited by LightningFFXIII-4

Posted

Combat. Log into GW2 and attack a monster. The combat alone is laughable (as is the Global Cooldown in FFXIV) I could go make a sandwich, grab a soda from the fridge, then come back and mash a button in those games and still win. BDO ruined the older MMOs. In time, something better may come along (hopefully with western developers) but until then, the graphics, map and combat in this game ruined all those other MMOs.

bdo combat is trash. It's just a hack n slash dynasty warriors type of game packaged in an mmo. 

Posted

I only played GW2 for 2 days before I got tired of the game's mechanics and I never played WoW because of its over-hyped cult following that looks like it's dying by the wayside.

Posted

I never played wow (kill me for it :P) it was out when I didn't even know what a computer was

Guild wars 2: I played the free version of this game and it's not bad I see no reason to say it's bad or to say it's good I don't see why people would even argue or compare it to black desert sense it's aimed at a very different audiance MMOs are not all aimed at a MMO player in general

There different MMOs for different people with similarities yes but always slightly different as well as different pay to wins and ways to progress different game plays oh and of course different Themes

Guild wars 2 for me was not awesome but was ok I actually like the combat and the world overall I just didn't care much for the characters and the creation as well as the story

Black Desert for me is ok but after hitting level 50 I felt black desert get well. Less interesting black desert does not hold me (me) one my biggest gripe is the lack of outfits and the fact these outfits they have In shop (if you want the full set) cost $$$ lots of $$$ then there is pets which is consider pay to win but we like to call it pay for convince and it is.. sorta 

Black Desert compared to other MMOs I feel black desert has way more potential it's just young right now and sense it's going up on steam soon we may see some good or game killing changes

Posted

Truthfully, as a casual MMO player now that I've gotten older and have stuff to do... I'm strongly debating going back to WoW simply due to the time constraints I have. I like BDO. While the progression system is... painful it is somewhat rewarding. The end game is essentially PvP and GvG, I'm okay with that. I like PvP, just not the PvP where I have zero chance of even surviving for more than 5 seconds. Minimum lvl required to PvP in this game is what 58? Minimum gear requirements are about 200 AP and 250 DP? I'm level 57 and I don't even have the DP requirements much less than AP, 159 awakened AP and 217 DP as a Wizard means I get smushed. 

Here's the kicker with BDO that really puts me off it sometimes. Gear is a massive consideration to what you can do even beyond PvP. I like grinding the mobs and all that, but I get tired of killing pirates... not to mention I can't compete for spots. All that grinding only gives you a CHANCE to upgrade your gear. It's not even a certainty you will get an upgrade, and if you don't succeed your gear gets downgraded. 

BDO as a whole is a really good MMO, but it's mainly suited for dedicated players and caters to the hardcore. I get about 2-4 hours of grind time a day after I get off work, and to me that is time better spent doing something more enjoyable or rewarding. I feel like I've hit a block in this game as a casual player. I don't feel like I'm progressing at all, regressing is what it feels like 90% of the time. Could I sit at pirates for a month? Yea, but that's not how I like to play the game. It's very boring.

ESO was pretty good to me, but overall it's a lesser version of BDO, though I would argue it's PvP is a lot more refined. It also had the issue of being somewhat progression lacking in the end game and not a lot of significant stuff for a casual player to do. Not sure if I'd go back to WoW, but realistically it might be my only option.

Posted

GW2 and BDO are both trash in their own ways tbh.

GW2 is ran by socialist losers who wants braindead builds to be the best builds in the game and not the builds that take actual effort

BDO's farmville part is great and all until you reach PvP where it's legit whoever CCs first wins and that's kinda dependent on RNG in many ways (desync, resist)

WoW is looking like it's not getting a big competitive scene any time soon either tbh.

Posted (edited)

to be fair you can hit lvl 60 and get 450+ gs on bdo under 3 month as well

and then what else you gonna do ?

pk newbies ?

Truthfully, as a casual MMO player now that I've gotten older and have stuff to do... I'm strongly debating going back to WoW simply due to the time constraints I have. I like BDO. While the progression system is... painful it is somewhat rewarding. The end game is essentially PvP and GvG, I'm okay with that. I like PvP, just not the PvP where I have zero chance of even surviving for more than 5 seconds. Minimum lvl required to PvP in this game is what 58? Minimum gear requirements are about 200 AP and 250 DP? I'm level 57 and I don't even have the DP requirements much less than AP, 159 awakened AP and 217 DP as a Wizard means I get smushed. 

Here's the kicker with BDO that really puts me off it sometimes. Gear is a massive consideration to what you can do even beyond PvP. I like grinding the mobs and all that, but I get tired of killing pirates... not to mention I can't compete for spots. All that grinding only gives you a CHANCE to upgrade your gear. It's not even a certainty you will get an upgrade, and if you don't succeed your gear gets downgraded. 

BDO as a whole is a really good MMO, but it's mainly suited for dedicated players and caters to the hardcore. I get about 2-4 hours of grind time a day after I get off work, and to me that is time better spent doing something more enjoyable or rewarding. I feel like I've hit a block in this game as a casual player. I don't feel like I'm progressing at all, regressing is what it feels like 90% of the time. Could I sit at pirates for a month? Yea, but that's not how I like to play the game. It's very boring.

ESO was pretty good to me, but overall it's a lesser version of BDO, though I would argue it's PvP is a lot more refined. It also had the issue of being somewhat progression lacking in the end game and not a lot of significant stuff for a casual player to do. Not sure if I'd go back to WoW, but realistically it might be my only option.

what you said pretty much sum up everything about the negative portion of the game

this game doesn't cater to casuals..especially if you have full time job, you will barely have time to play other games.

bdo population was actually dying last year.that is why i stopped playing and just recently came back to see how the game goes

the release of ninja, musa and catch up events are what brought the game back to life.

sure there are players out there that enjoy progression and the gear grind, but you guys are the minority of the gamers population...people hate grind.

Edited by lavexis

Posted (edited)

Frankly I have given up on MMOs altogether. I have played SWG, WoW, SWTOR, Wildstar, BDO, tried ESO during beta and a few other games, none succeed to hold my attention anymore. That's just my personal opinion, to me the MMO genre is dead.

Edited by DLM3

Posted

MMOs are cool. Exploration, character creation. Investing into a character etc. But I wouldnt pvp in an MMO. You will just get frustrated and it will lead to negative feelings. You will come on the board and complain why the game is bad. Its like when people in real life complain about the economy or whatever.

Posted

I really enjoy BDO for what it is, a great filler MMO which proved that people do crave more action orientated combat, incredible character design and a seamless world with little to no fast travel.

All of these elements BDO does very well:

1. Action Combat - This is an amazing feature allowing for more graceful movements, positioning and using the keyboard beyond just cycling through numbers 1-30 (keybinds).

2. Character Design - BDO knocked this one out of the park with the best character customization not just for an MMO, but for most any game. They have continued to add this customization via cash shop out fits, dyes and random bits like piercings.

3. Seamless world - Again BDO made this work. You have a world where distance matters. Where cities matter and where you are picking your "home" based on these elements.

This is where my praise ends though as BDO does many things poorly and the developers seem to have lost sight of what they want this game to become.

1. Action Combat - In pvp its just a mess of movement, blocking and trying to cc or grapple while praying desync doesn't kill you. Sure there are a lot of moves and elements but at the end of the day, especially after awakening you have a base rotation and its... meh.

2. Character Design - While the customization of characters is impressive, everything else is rather shit. Want to have some awesome looking armor? Won't really happen outside of the cash shop/AH. Expecting a huge seemless world to have a plethora of unique armor looks, styles, accessories and weapons? Welp... you were wrong. Unless you're paying for it either in silver or real money its all rather bland and the options are limited.

3. Seamless world - The rather wonky servers, pop-in graphics and funny errors like a horse half in the ground hurt this a lot. More importantly though is that BDO is without purpose of diversity. Once you hit that magic range of 56+ its very apparent that the limited farming/grinding spots are just uninspired. The desert is more of an annoyance then a challenge and many of the more remote areas are entirely untouched because it isnt worth the time or effort.

4. Cash Shop - Fairly certain I've dumped a few hundred dollars into BDO, but the "pay for convenience" part of their spiel is a load of... You NEED pets to farm anywhere near effectively. You MUST have weight limit, cash shop clothing and weapon skins to maximize your experience and the list goes on. In the end this game is, "pay to effectively level past 56 without going insane and dealing with idiotic and false ceilings imposed by the publisher."

I love BDo for what it is, but in the end new MMOs are coming. AOC might just make BDO a relic.

Posted (edited)

BDO : You need a lot of time + $$$$$.  Gear > Level > ALL > ............................ > Skill

WoW :  Level max in few hours   Gear Equalized in Battlegrounds. No endless grind.   Skill based PVP ( 3v3 and 5v5 arena is PURE skill )

GW2 : No need to grind to access WvW ( Node Wars xD ) . Level AND Gear equalized. PVP = Pure skill, again.

Both games have dungeons , raids and lifeskills :D

So , why play BDO ? :/

ez as this to save myself from eyecancer. btw "PURE SKILL" in what world you are? i play real PvP Games for PvP and BDO for chilling. Still top-ranked on rbf with my 160 AP

I love BDo for what it is, but in the end new MMOs are coming. AOC might just make BDO a relic.

does the AOC company invest something new, that there monitors let BDP look like a relic?

Edited by Wollbert

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0