• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Here is what I don't get about these Pearl Shoppers!

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OKAY so, a lot of people nowadays sell items or want to buy items with pearls involved.

It usually goes like this!

("THE GUY WHO WANTS TO BUY")

"WTB Dandelion Greatsword, will only give you the pearls from successful purchase!"

LOL OKAY! Here is the thing. Wouldn't the successful purchase depends on YOU? So why would the seller have to risk a Dandelion BOX with a chance that you might not have enough silver to win the bid phased? Wouldn't it make more sense to give the pearls to the seller first since the entire bid phased depends on YOU? It wouldn't be his fault if it went on bid and oh... guess what! I didn't have enough silver to win the bid phased. Tough luck dude, go kill 150+ more KARANDA.

BUT HOLD ON! I'm not giving my pearls first. YOU ARE A STRANGER.

Well... if thats the case, wouldn't the seller be in the same shoes as you? You are a stranger to him as well so...

YOU GET IT?! this is why Pearl Trading is -----ing stupid.

Edited by Gumo

Posted

Yeah, just like the other threads about the same topic.

Posted

They are abusing the gift system cause no matter how stupid it sounds, they know there are some people that are desperate and will bite on their bait.

Posted

OKAY so, a lot of people nowadays sell items or want to buy items with pearls involved.

"WTB Dandelion Greatsword, will only give you the pearls from successful purchase!"

LOL OKAY! Here is the thing. Wouldn't the successful purchase depends on YOU? So why would the seller have to risk a Dandelion BOX with a chance that you might not have enough silver to win the bid phased? Wouldn't it make more sense to give the pearls to the seller first since the entire bid phased depends on YOU? It wouldn't be his fault if it went on bid and oh... guess what! I didn't have enough silver to win the bid phased. Tough luck dude, go kill 150+ more KARANDA.

Well... if thats the case, wouldn't the seller be in the same shoes as you? You are a stranger to him as well so...

If getting item or not depend only on buyer why he would ever need to give seller any pearls in this place? If he have enough silver to win preorder he can just put it on MP and wait, ppl are selling rare items everyday... Especially if its about tri or tet, there is completely 0 reason to pay pearls for listing tri or tet on MP, since seller with tri/tet dont have any tools to make it easier for you to get item (cheaper)... If its unopened box then its different story, seller can enchant item for you to like +10-15 and it can be worth for some players to pay pearls, cause thx to that they can buy item with a lot lower preorder (there is really low chance that anyone have preorders on +10-15), but for tri or tet? 0 reason to pay any pearls for that....

Posted

Ya most people dont pearl trade.  Some might pearl trade privately like if they know each other..... I know for a fact several big streamers have done this with their buddies.  But whats the big deal.  Those sales are for things like PEN Dande and shit like that.  Id want pearls too, and they would likely not post it anyways.

Posted (edited)

Even if I agreed to gift pearls to someone upon purchase of an item there is currently no way to verify if I bought the item. Therefore I am under no obligation to do so. Moral compass aside you are some dumbass sucker on the internet to me, that's all.

Edited by Wykked

Posted

Even if I agreed to gift pearls to someone upon purchase of an item there is currently no way to verify if I bought the item. Therefore I am under no obligation to do so. Moral compass aside you are some dumbass sucker on the internet to me, that's all.

everyone sees the who won the pre order

Posted (edited)

Please give and receive Pearls so that I can snipe the item from you.

I have no problem with this system.

The transaction of Pearls gives no advantage to the seller or the buyer.

everyone sees the who won the pre order

They see the name of the character who put in the pre-order, not a family name, nor necessarily the name of the alt you were messaging the seller with. So even a successful pre-order can escape detection. The Pearl transaction has no way of being verified at all. This is all fine, of course.

Edited by Sibyyl
2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0